Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To eat the bacon or not eat the bacon. That is the question.

+7
DWags
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
WhiteBoyHatcher
MSU addict
Watch Out Pylon!
Dendrobates
11 posters

Go down

To eat the bacon or not eat the bacon. That is the question. Empty To eat the bacon or not eat the bacon. That is the question.

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-10, 10:25

So hidden in my fridge I found a pound of bacon with the expiration of Nov 15th on it. The package still looks good, and we know bacon is full of salt so it’s preserved more. Is it safe to cook and eat this bacon?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

To eat the bacon or not eat the bacon. That is the question. Empty Re: To eat the bacon or not eat the bacon. That is the question.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-10, 10:30

Those expiration dates are super conservative (except for fish & chicken). As long as you don't see shit growing on it go for it.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

To eat the bacon or not eat the bacon. That is the question. Empty Re: To eat the bacon or not eat the bacon. That is the question.

Post by Guest 2017-12-10, 10:32

11/15 bacon is perfectly good. I ignore most of those dates and check the food.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-10, 10:34

I know the dates are guidelines. But I’ve never eaten bacon this far past the date.

So if you say I won’t be sitting on the toilet the rest of the day, I will go for it.

A pound of bacon is a terrible thing to waste
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2017-12-10, 10:35

I would have no problem eating it. I think of those more of a "sell by date" than an eat it by date.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-12-10, 11:10

Yeah I don't think the expiration dates mean shit in terms of the FDA or USGA or whatever fake government moneymaking agency governs all of that. If it passes the smell and eyeball test, go for it. I will even push it with chicken if it passes the smell test.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-10, 11:14

I would not eat the bacon.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-10, 11:18

I am eating the bacon now. I will update if my ass is on fire later today.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-12-10, 11:26

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah I don't think the expiration dates mean shit in terms of the FDA or USGA or whatever fake government moneymaking agency governs all of that. If it passes the smell and eyeball test, go for it. I will even push it with chicken if it passes the smell test.

Chicken tends to taste... stale I guess is the best word I can come up with if it gets to the expiration date. It's never made me sick like that but it definitely tastes better cooked as soon as you bring it home.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-10, 11:31

These terms, Eat the bacon, and past the expiration date, are just Dendro's coded way of saying she wants me but is worried I'm too old for her. It's gratifying to see all of you encouraging her to do it me.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-10, 11:32

Dendrobates wrote:I am eating the bacon now. I will update if my ass is on fire later today.

See what I mean?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-10, 11:50

tGreenWay wrote:These terms, Eat the bacon, and past the expiration date, are just Dendro's coded way of saying she wants me but is worried I'm too old for her. It's gratifying to see all of you encouraging her to do it me.

To eat the bacon or not eat the bacon. That is the question. 1966794946
I do like older men. How old are you again?
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2017-12-10, 12:11

Dendrobates wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:These terms, Eat the bacon, and past the expiration date, are just Dendro's coded way of saying she wants me but is worried I'm too old for her. It's gratifying to see all of you encouraging her to do it me.

GreenWay is 23. Don't let him fool you.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-11, 19:54

Just so everyone knows, hubby and I had no problems with the bacon. And it was yummy.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-11, 20:09

Dendrobates wrote:Just so everyone knows, hubby and I had no problems with the bacon. And it was yummy.

Didn’t need the last sentence. We’re not stupid. Well, except turtle. And tGreenway.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2017-12-11, 20:16

DWags wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:Just so everyone knows, hubby and I had no problems with the bacon. And it was yummy.

Didn’t need the last sentence. We’re not stupid. Well, except turtle. And tGreenway.

I feel like you can’t say bacon is yummy enough times. It never gets old.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2017-12-11, 21:10

Dendrobates wrote:
DWags wrote:

I feel like you can’t say bacon is yummy enough times. It never gets old.

True. It’s like hearing “oh he has trouble with the snap! And the ball is free”

I could hear it once a day.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2017-12-11, 21:55

For future reference, use the smell test. Smells bad thawed out, pitch it. Smells okay, cook, eat, enjoy.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2017-12-11, 22:11

Dendrobates wrote:

Just turned 55, could easily pass for 35, and have a level of maturity somewhere in the 15-year-old range. So, you know, every woman's dreamboat.

Pull my finger. To eat the bacon or not eat the bacon. That is the question. 2943907172
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 2017-12-11, 22:13

Dendrobates wrote:I am eating the bacon now. I will update if my ass is on fire later today.

Pics
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2017-12-12, 08:22

I eat bacon all the time past the date. I fry up 4 or 5 slices, then I vacuum seal the rest. Vacuum sealed it last a long long time. So if this package was unopened, as long as it passed the sniff test, then you were ok. No butt on fire problems I am sure.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2019-01-09, 19:39

MickeyD's finally goes bacon...

McDonald's goes bacon crazy: Cheesy Bacon Fries, Big Mac Bacon and Quarter Pounder Bacon

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-01-09, 21:08

LooseGoose wrote:MickeyD's finally goes bacon...

McDonald's goes bacon crazy: Cheesy Bacon Fries, Big Mac Bacon and Quarter Pounder Bacon

I'm kinda surprised this didnt ready exist.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-09, 21:16

Dendrobates wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:MickeyD's finally goes bacon...

Swear to God, me too. I think I told this story before, but it was last spring or summer I go up to the drive up and ask what the difference was between a double cheese burger and a McDouble. Kid says, "I don't know". So, I'm kind of amused, but say something like "Don't you think you should?" Kid says to me back over the mic, "em, you want me to go check?". I was both kind of pissed and laughing at the same time. I think I said shit, forget it, I'll take a coke or a coffee or something to that nature. But this reminds me of that. I bet most kids don't even know all the shit that those places serve, and I'd bet a hundy 60% of staff couldn't describe the shit to you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2019-01-09, 21:59

DWags wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

Swear to God, me too.   I think I told this story before, but it was last spring or summer I go up to the drive up and ask what the difference was between a double cheese burger and a McDouble.   Kid says, "I don't know".  So, I'm kind of amused, but say something like "Don't you think you should?"  Kid says to me back over the mic, "em, you want me to go check?".   I was both kind of pissed and laughing at the same time.  I think I said shit, forget it, I'll take a coke or a  coffee or something to that nature.  But this reminds me of that.  I bet most kids don't even know all the shit that those places serve, and I'd bet a hundy 60% of staff couldn't describe the shit to you.  
The correct response would have been that "the mcdouble is for cheap asses."

FWIW, The difference is the double cheeseburger has two slices of cheese, the mcdouble has one.

I haven't eaten at mcodnalds in probably ten years and even I know that.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-01-09, 22:04

MSU addict wrote:
DWags wrote:

Swear to God, me too.   I think I told this story before, but it was last spring or summer I go up to the drive up and ask what the difference was between a double cheese burger and a McDouble.   Kid says, "I don't know".  So, I'm kind of amused, but say something like "Don't you think you should?"  Kid says to me back over the mic, "em, you want me to go check?".   I was both kind of pissed and laughing at the same time.  I think I said shit, forget it, I'll take a coke or a  coffee or something to that nature.  But this reminds me of that.  I bet most kids don't even know all the shit that those places serve, and I'd bet a hundy 60% of staff couldn't describe the shit to you.  
The correct response would have been that "the mcdouble is for cheap asses."

FWIW, The difference is the double cheeseburger has two slices of cheese, the mcdouble has one.

I haven't eaten at mcodnalds in probably ten years and even I know that.

The local McDonald’s is a mile from Travis burger. If I ever wanted a burger made by someone other than me, why would I go to McDonald’s? So yeah, it’s not that the food repulses me, it doesn’t. There are just better choices for fast and unhealthy
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-09, 22:58

No idea if Burger King still sells the bacon double cheeseburger, but holy cowski those were tasty when they first came out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-10, 08:15

Bacon is one of the few things that is consistently better made at home rather than at a restaurant. Now I want some bacon.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2019-01-10, 08:21

Well shit I want bacon now.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-01-10, 10:44

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:Bacon is one of the few things that is consistently better made at home rather than at a restaurant. Now I want some bacon.

This is true, especially if that restaurant is McDonalds. I've tried the bacon mcdouble. I prefer the regular mcdouble, McDonalds bacon is not very good.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down