Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to cook bacon the best way for your liking.

+3
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
DWags
7 posters

Go down

How to cook bacon the best way for your liking.  Empty How to cook bacon the best way for your liking.

Post by DWags 2019-06-15, 05:26

Very useful article.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

How to cook bacon the best way for your liking.  Empty Re: How to cook bacon the best way for your liking.

Post by steveschneider 2019-06-15, 08:27

Food is better than ever these days. The preparation, the information available about it, the access to higher quality food, ingredients etc. I use youtube and articles like this to cook better meals all the time.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

How to cook bacon the best way for your liking.  Empty Re: How to cook bacon the best way for your liking.

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-06-15, 09:15

I'm an oven guy on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. I use the convection mode to ensure even cooking.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-06-15, 09:19

Meat is murder.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-06-15, 11:30

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm an oven guy on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. I use the convection mode to ensure even cooking.

I like the oven method as well. So easy to just pop the bacon in and set a timer. And not having to clean up grease splatters all over the stove top is a definite plus.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-06-15, 11:46

Cameron wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:I'm an oven guy on a baking sheet lined with tin foil. I use the convection mode to ensure even cooking.

I like the oven method as well. So easy to just pop the bacon in and set a timer. And not having to clean up grease splatters all over the stove top is a definite plus.

Is it easy to slaughter the pig, too?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-06-15, 11:57

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I wouldn't know. I outsource my murder.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-06-15, 12:17

Cameron wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

That is very convenient.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-06-15, 12:23

Cameron wrote:

does the inside of the oven get all splattered, though? Or is it more or less contained on the cookie sheet?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-06-15, 12:33

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:

does the inside of the oven get all splattered, though? Or is it more or less contained on the cookie sheet?

How is that any of your business?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-06-15, 14:09

Just got this cheese melting dome and press for the Blackstone.  Going to try the press on some bacon tomorrow.  Get the feeling it might become my favorite way to cook bacon.  

How to cook bacon the best way for your liking.  Press11
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2019-06-16, 11:28

Turtleneck wrote:
Cameron wrote:

That is very convenient.

I know, right? The magic of modern living.

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Cameron wrote:

I haven't really looked that closely, to be honest. I'd imagine there's got to be some splatter, but I feel like a lot of the stove top splatter is caused by flipping, which you don't have to do in the oven.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down