Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all?

+10
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
tGreenWay
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
AnomanderRake
14 posters

Go down

Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all?

Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all? Vote_lcap90%Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all? Vote_rcap 90% 
[ 9 ]
Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all? Vote_lcap10%Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 10

Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all? Empty Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all?

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 11:44

The ME generation aka Baby Boomers have fucked everything up for the rest of us and are going to leave us with a massive tab to pay for their cozy retirement...all while attempting to fix their fuck ups. Let's be honest, we'd all be better off without them.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/12/grandparents-raiding-grandchildren/548117/

AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all? Empty Re: Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all?

Post by Turtleneck Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 11:52

Can we keep DWags?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all? Empty Re: Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all?

Post by DWags Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 12:14

Fuck no, I've voted yes to this.   I'm just sick of the snow, trying to stay in shape, paying bills, paying for the kids college while I also paid for mine, worrying about the second one now, wondering if they're gonna like getting married in my back yard.   Nervous about this fucking Shea Patterson, wondering if he's going to win a title for a horrible coach.  Worried Izzo will retire after our Natty this year.   Thinking the Bucks will never win another NBA title in my life.  Tigers just sucking, the redwings aren't even worth watching.   Fucking plow truck filling my driveway up with what seems like cement and Ice mixed.  Trump starting a war with Russia and North Korea and reading articles about Millennials actually having jobs as emoji interpreters.  

Where do I go for the needle?  I'll sign up for it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 14:52

You mean the dumb fucks who want to keep government out of their medicare and want to keep lowering taxes?
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 14:56

DWags wrote:Fuck no, I've voted yes to this.   I'm just sick of the snow, trying to stay in shape, paying bills, paying for the kids college while I also paid for mine, worrying about the second one now, wondering if they're gonna like getting married in my back yard.   Nervous about this fucking Shea Patterson, wondering if he's going to win a title for a horrible coach.  Worried Izzo will retire after our Natty this year.   Thinking the Bucks will never win another NBA title in my life.  Tigers just sucking, the redwings aren't even worth watching.   Fucking plow truck filling my driveway up with what seems like cement and Ice mixed.  Trump starting a war with Russia and North Korea and reading articles about Millennials actually having jobs as emoji interpreters.  

Fuck no. Just another hyped up September Heisman. Fuck that dude and this new free agency era in college.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 15:01

DWags wrote:Fuck no, I've voted yes to this.   I'm just sick of the snow, trying to stay in shape, paying bills, paying for the kids college while I also paid for mine, worrying about the second one now, wondering if they're gonna like getting married in my back yard.   Nervous about this fucking Shea Patterson, wondering if he's going to win a title for a horrible coach.  Worried Izzo will retire after our Natty this year.   Thinking the Bucks will never win another NBA title in my life.  Tigers just sucking, the redwings aren't even worth watching.   Fucking plow truck filling my driveway up with what seems like cement and Ice mixed.  Trump starting a war with Russia and North Korea and reading articles about Millennials actually having jobs as emoji interpreters.  

Should we euthanize the baby boomers before they bankrupt us all? 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 15:05

Thank you for your sacrifice DWags.

You guys ever read the book The Giver? The dystopian society euthanizes old people (as well as pretty much anyone with a "disability") but everyone thinks they're going to the afterlife to some paradise.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 15:28

How does it workout for them rake? #spoilers
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 15:28

I mean the people that stay alive
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 15:38

Epic, DWags, simply epic. Sums up my feelings pretty well.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 15:45

I'd offer to share a needle, DWags, in a money-saving final show of good faith. But, you, know, AIDS.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 18:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How does it workout for them rake? #spoilers

The book is a much more personal story than that, I don't want to ruin the plot for you but the government isn't toppled or anything along those lines.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 19:41

AnomanderRake wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:How does it workout for them rake? #spoilers

The book is a much more personal story than that, I don't want to ruin the plot for you but the government isn't toppled or anything along those lines.

Well then I think our decision is made on the whole genocide question
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 14 Dec 2017 - 19:50

Somewhere, pantry is crying in a corner because of this thread.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 8:59

What about Gen X? We are sandwiched in between two of the shittiest generations.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:08

steveschneider wrote:What about Gen X? We are sandwiched in between two of the shittiest generations.

No shit. We're just here doing our thing for America and everyone around us is fucking up.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:14

What does it tell you geniuses that no one gives a fuck about gen x? Marketers don’t give a shit, businesses don’t care, no one talks about you....

Is it as you’re trying to portray that you’re actually super great and everyone just forgets? Or is it the truth- that you’re the C student that is so totally unremarkable that everyone just forgets that you’re even there? Good job assholes you made no impact whatsoever.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:14

#euthanizeGenX #justkiddingwhogivesashitaboutthem
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What does it tell you geniuses that no one gives a fuck about gen x? Marketers don’t give a shit, businesses don’t care, no one talks about you....

Is it as you’re trying to portray that you’re actually super great and everyone just forgets? Or is it the truth- that you’re the C student that is so totally unremarkable that everyone just forgets that you’re even there? Good job assholes you made no impact whatsoever.

We're like refs Travis. When we're doing our job right no one needs to talk about us. It's when you fuck up the call, that's when you get talked about.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:19

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:What does it tell you geniuses that no one gives a fuck about gen x? Marketers don’t give a shit, businesses don’t care, no one talks about you....

We're like refs Travis. When we're doing our job right no one needs to talk about us. It's when you fuck up the call, that's when you get talked about.
Omg no one cares about you at all are you even talking right now good God go buy a snow cone and stay busy somewhere else or whatever
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:23

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Omg no one cares about you at all are you even talking right now good God go buy a snow cone and stay busy somewhere else or whatever

I'm just going to ignore this very hurtful comment and get back to work for the American people. Boomers can keep treating the economy like a credit card and millennials can continue to try and figure out why no one likes them. Have a blessed day Travis!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:26

I have pylon on ignore so I don’t see any of that.

Just kidding I mean I see it and I read it but as soon as I’m done I just sort of forget because who cares what he thinks
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AnomanderRake Fri 15 Dec 2017 - 9:47

Gen X is like the middle management of an organization (coincidentally, many of them are currently stuck in middle management roles). Nobody would notice if they all got "laid off".

They haven't kept up with technology or best practices enough to lead us in the future and will be leap-frogged by high performing and technically skilled millennials that don't have families/houses (because most millennials can't afford them lol) to care for that drag down work performance.
AnomanderRake
AnomanderRake
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 8 Feb 2024 - 8:39

AnomanderRake wrote:The ME generation aka Baby Boomers have fucked everything up for the rest of us and are going to leave us with a massive tab to pay for their cozy retirement...all while attempting to fix their fuck ups. Let's be honest, we'd all be better off without them.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/12/grandparents-raiding-grandchildren/548117/

So, this thread is so ahead of its time, what with covid sweeping through us and defiantly doing a number on the older folk like the baby boomers.

Turns out that the younger generations did better financially during the pandemic.

Americans under 40 saw their wealth rise by a staggering 80% since pre-pandemic — a far higher rate than any other age group, per new data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.

https://www.axios.com/2024/02/08/americans-wealth-pandemic
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu 8 Feb 2024 - 8:49

The sunrise was stunning this morning Trapps. Just sayin.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 8 Feb 2024 - 8:52

kingstonlake wrote:The sunrise was stunning this morning Trapps. Just sayin.

There are so many interesting things going on, thanks for sharing.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu 8 Feb 2024 - 9:03

I say yes just from a social experiment standpoint.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 8 Feb 2024 - 10:49

Next time I jump over a wood pile I can try to break my neck instead. Just looking to help out
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu 8 Feb 2024 - 10:57

Looking forward to collecting my federal insurance money next year, and the covid did the euthanize thing already to the old people, so I am the single no vote.

No DWays - your children need their potential grandfather.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed 14 Feb 2024 - 9:32

Seniors, and especially those over 80, are increasingly the most susceptible to COVID-19 fatalities, statistics show. Since the first week of December, 53% COVID-19 deaths in Michigan were those 80 or older, compared to 41% of the 39,173 deaths before then.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-health-watch/covid-tracker-cases-rise-again-those-over-80-more-half-all-deaths

Just to point out that covid is still doing its thing to old people, as this thread proposed years ago.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down