Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image?

+16
The Ingenious Gentleman
MiamiSpartan
Snake Plissken
Herbie Green
tTito
The Pantry
InTenSity
CheesySpartan
Giant Moose
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
tGreenWay
Rocinante
Floyd Robertson
Travis of the Cosmos
Other Teams Pursuing That
20 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? Empty Baby boomers, what do you think about this image?

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:22

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? 11892010

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? 2599972566
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? Empty Re: Baby boomers, what do you think about this image?

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:29

I'm not a baby boomer but now that I looked at that picture I'm erect as fuck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? Empty Re: Baby boomers, what do you think about this image?

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:30

Some truth hurts, but I've never voted for a Democrat.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:31

As long as boomers shut the fuck up, I won't begrudge them their wildly unrealistic understanding of the world. They grew up in an era of unprecedented American expansion. companies could make a shitload of money and still afford to pay their workers. Collective bargaining was okay because it barely dented the bottom line. Now when unions are decimated from 40 years of smear campaigns, and companies have the choice to pay their workforce or fuck them in the ass, the choice is simple. Ever expanding profit margin is what the machine demands. Bend over bitch.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:38

Worst Brady Bunch impersonation evar.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? 11892010

Truthfully? Ias a full fledge member of the BB generation, born in 1961, I think it's the pussification of America it picture form.

Blame someone else as techies doctors engineers PA's and pharmacists from that generation will do very well. Fuck it, I paid for my college and now I'm paying for my kids college. Know why? Cause I don't live in a McMansion, I didn't take trips around the world I drove a family van for 25 years, I started putting 200 bucks from each check away 31 years ago.
I'm average. Completely average. Didn't need to be more than that. Oh, and there are plenty of mother fuckers out there like me. Average homes, average life styles saved a lot worked plenty of 16 hour days.
There is still a sea of money out there. I'd advise any generation who put that poster out there to not live beyond your means. You can still have s great life by grinding and saving.

Fuck blaming other generations. Mine sure had some assholes, so what? Cry about it or do something about it.

That's what I feel about that poster.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:45

DWags wrote:
Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? 11892010

Truthfully? Ias a full fledge member of the BB generation, born in 1961, I think it's the pussification of America it picture form.

Blame someone else as techies doctors engineers PA's and pharmacists from that generation will do very well.  Fuck it, I paid for my college and now I'm paying for my kids college. Know why?  Cause I don't live in a McMansion, I didn't take trips around the world I drove a family van for 25 years, I started putting 200 bucks from each check away 31 years ago.
I'm average. Completely average. Didn't need to be more than that. Oh, and there are plenty of mother fuckers out there like me. Average homes, average life styles saved a lot worked plenty of 16 hour days.  
There is still a sea of money out there. I'd advise any generation who put that poster out there to not live beyond your means. You can still have s great life by  grinding and saving.

Fuck blaming other generations. Mine sure had some assholes, so what? Cry about it or do something about it.

Your generation sucks gigantic monkey penis
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:47

¡GENERATION FIGHT!
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
DWags wrote:

Blame someone else as techies doctors engineers PA's and pharmacists from that generation will do very well.  Fuck it, I paid for my college and now I'm paying for my kids college. Know why?  Cause I don't live in a McMansion, I didn't take trips around the world I drove a family van for 25 years, I started putting 200 bucks from each check away 31 years ago.
There is still a sea of money out there. I'd advise any generation who put that poster out there to not live beyond your means. You can still have s great life by  grinding and saving.

Fair enough. I don't give one fucking fuck.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:48

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Your generation sucks gigantic monkey penis

They still expect their cheap healthcare and SS checks and will support candidates who pander to their selfish bullshit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:48

tGreenWay wrote:¡GENERATION FIGHT!
Declare your loyalties.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:49

DWags wrote:

Fair enough.  I don't give one fucking fuck.  
Let me know when the gigantic monkey penis party is
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:49

I don't understand the point of the picture.

Edit: nevermind - I think I get it now. Old people whining about stuff? Shocking.

I heard some story where an NFL player is being lauded as some sort of moral beacon because he took away what he deemed was his son's "participation trophy" - Rolling Eyes - I wonder if these people - the adults who applaud this guy - realize that they are part of the problem?

We have a culture that relentlessly promotes a self-centered population where people (adults and kids) who can't name the Chief Justice of SCOTUS are rewarded with a dopamine rush every their Facebook post of their lunch or cute little outfit that looks just like everyone else's cute little outift is "favorited" or "liked" - but {ahem} a kid getting a participation trophy is the problem.

How about we question parents about what meaning is attached to that trophy through years of adolescent condition of the child? Of course, that would mean holding the parents responsible for something. Instead we just jump up and cheer when a millionaire who plays in the NFL performs the fast food drive-through equivalent of how he seems fit to raise a child.

Last edited by Robert J Sakimano on Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:58; edited 1 time in total
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I don't understand the point of the picture.

Try.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:52

Rocinante wrote:

They still expect their cheap healthcare and SS checks and will support candidates who pander to their selfish bullshit.

I've paid for mine. I'm in that generation. I've voted for left wingers which have wanted to hurt my business.

Fuck blame.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:54

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I've paid for mine.  I'm in that generation. I've voted for left wingers which have wanted to hurt my business.  

Fuck blame.
Talking about generations isn't talking about you as an individual. It's talking about the group as a whole. Then again, thinking that this cute internet picture is about you individually is the kind of narcissistic attitude that they are talking about. So there's that.

And that is the last serious post I will make in this thread. Back to monkey penis.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:58

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:

I've paid for mine. I'm in that generation. I've voted for left wingers which have wanted to hurt my business.

Fuck blame.

No, you paid for yours under an agreement that can and will change at any moment. You think you're safe? You're not.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 14:59

DWags wrote:

I've paid for mine.  I'm in that generation. I've voted for left wingers which have wanted to hurt my business.  

Fuck blame.
Talking about generations isn't talking about you as an individual. It's talking about the group as a whole. Then again, thinking that this cute internet picture is about you individually is the kind of narcissistic attitude that they are talking about. So there's that.

And that is the last serious post I will make in this thread. Back to monkey penis.

Exactly!! You get it? It's not about YOU AS AN INDIVIDUAL. fuck blame. Just fucking do it. Fuck blame.
We agree.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:01

Whatever happened to Generation NEXT?

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? PEPSI-Generation-NeXt-back
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:02

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:

Fuck blame.

No, you paid for yours under an agreement that can and will change at any moment. You think you're safe? You're not.

I'm not safe and refuse to fear it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:06

Edit: nevermind - I think I get it now. Old people whining about stuff? Shocking.

I heard some story where an NFL player is being lauded as some sort of moral beacon because he took away what he deemed was his son's "participation trophy" - Rolling Eyes - I wonder if these people - the adults who applaud this guy - realize that they are part of the problem?

We have a culture that relentlessly promotes a self-centered population where people (adults and kids) who can't name the Chief Justice of SCOTUS are rewarded with a dopamine rush every their Facebook post of their lunch or cute little outfit that looks just like everyone else's cute little outift is "favorited" or "liked" - but {ahem} a kid getting a participation trophy is the problem.

How about we question parents about what meaning is attached to that trophy through years of adolescent condition of the child? Of course, that would mean holding the parents responsible for something. Instead we just jump up and cheer when a millionaire who plays in the NFL performs the fast food drive-through equivalent of how he seems fit to raise a child.

You seem angry too. Fuck that. Fuck trophies fuck college tuition fuck going to Asia fuck face book fuck guys who don't know how to drive in traffic. Just do what you gotta do. Oh, and shut up about it.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:11

All I know is that I'd tip a Millennial $10 for an average $50 meal but the Baby Boomer will get $5. F Baby Boomers.
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:18

I heard some story where an NFL player is being lauded as some sort of moral beacon because he took away what he deemed was his son's "participation trophy" - Rolling Eyes  - I wonder if these people - the adults who applaud this guy - realize that they are part of the problem?

I just liked your post. I want you to know that.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CheesySpartan Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:19

So then do you agree or disagree with "participation trophies" Bob?
CheesySpartan
CheesySpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:19

Giant Moose wrote:All I know is that I'd tip a Millennial $10 for an average $50 meal but the Baby Boomer will get $5. F Baby Boomers.

I've got worse tips in my early 20's. Shoveled chicken shit out of those coops out there in farming research got paid for cleaning bessey hall from 10 pm till 2 am. Fuck, I'd take that five. I'd appreciate it too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:19

tGreenWay wrote:¡GENERATION FIGHT!
Declare your loyalties.

I'm an old fucker. I will hunt you down and give you a wet willie.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:20

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? 1853518006
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:21

Rocinante wrote:

Psycho liberals
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:24

They gonna take yer shit!!
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:32

CheesySpartan wrote:

I heard some story where an NFL player is being lauded as some sort of moral beacon because he took away what he deemed was his son's "participation trophy" - Rolling Eyes  - I wonder if these people - the adults who applaud this guy - realize that they are part of the problem?

So then do you agree or disagree with "participation trophies" Bob?
I don't think they're good or bad..

what is good or bad is what parents instill in their children as to what a "participation trophy" means or doesn't mean. I don't know but I'm certain my daughter has various forms of "participation trophies" throughout her academic and extracurricular career. It's important that the parents not attach any special meaning to the participation trophy if they don't believe special meaning should be attached to it.

That's why I see the celebration of whoever this Culture Warrior is to be silly. It says more about him and the people celebrating his actions than it does the actual trophy. It's much easier to clearly define to kids what being committed, motivated, successful, part of a team, etc is and what it looks like than giving back their "participation trophy".

If the trophy truly meant nothing, then the kid will also know that, be respectful and gracious in accepting it and then the trophy will likely end up either in a closet or under a pile of dirty clothes in about 5-6 days.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:35

I just liked your post. I want you to know that.
this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

And you ran six miles today and wear a 32x32 bob. How'd I know that? Not bustin your balls, just saying there are plenty of us from every generation that think we're special starting with me. Yet ask them who Nick Lyon is or who heads the Capuchin kitchen they'll look blankly at you. We all can do better. I know I often suck monkey dick and my own because I'm damn selfish.

Fuck blame. We all can just do better. Oh, but fuck the Methodists. They suck. Just sayin.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:36

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

And you ran six miles today and wear a 32x32 bob. How'd I know that? Not bustin your balls, just saying there are plenty of us from every generation that think we're special starting with me. Yet ask them who Nick Lyon is or who heads the Capuchin kitchen they'll look blankly at you. We all can do better. I know I often suck monkey dick and my own because I'm damn selfish.

Fuck blame. We all can just do better. Oh, but fuck the Methodists. They suck. Just sayin.

And the Dutch
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:41

Rocinante wrote:
DWags wrote:

And the Dutch

Hate those fuckers.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:46

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

"participation trophies" aren't the problem. The problem is the parents who make "participation trophies" something more than they are.

that's all I'm sayin', brah.

enjoy your Big Gulp. Wink

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:48

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

"participation trophies" aren't the problem. The problem is the parents who make "participation trophies" something more than they are.

You're a special parent bob. Well done.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:51

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:"participation trophies" aren't the problem. The problem is the parents who make "participation trophies" something more than they are.

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? 502811600

thanks man - I'm not as special as the NFL millionaire who takes moral stand by having his kid take back his "participation trophy" but I try.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
DWags wrote:

Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? 502811600

thanks man - I'm not as special as the NFL millionaire who takes moral stand by having his kid take back his "participation trophy" but I try.

Well he's richer than you. His opinion counts more.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:54

Bob 1
James Harrison 0
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 18 Aug 2015 - 15:56

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Bob 1
James Harrison 0
Baby boomers, what do you think about this image? 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next