Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it okay to hate Iran?

+8
NigelUno
Bill Cain
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
MasonGuy
Pervis Muldoon
Hut1hut2
12 posters

Go down

Is it okay to hate Iran? Empty Is it okay to hate Iran?

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-06-16, 15:30

Just checking with the liberal thought police
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Is it okay to hate Iran? Empty Re: Is it okay to hate Iran?

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2014-06-16, 19:27

"Thought police". Is it okay to hate Iran? 502811600

Hate whomever you want. I'm sure you have a long list.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-06-16, 23:04

Not just yet, Barry needs them to bail his sorry ass out in Iraq. We will soon be asked to love Syrians next.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-06-17, 08:13

hate whoever you want.. just understand that it's a very insidious emotion that needlessly consumes a lot of energy and time.. in my opinion, life is too short to hate something or someone.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-06-17, 08:26

Hut1hut2 wrote:Just checking with the liberal thought police

Is it ok to like my neighbor? She is African American and might be a lesbian and an atheist. Just checking with the conservative moral authority.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-17, 11:10

MasonGuy wrote:Not just yet, Barry needs them to bail his sorry ass out in Iraq. We will soon be asked to love Syrians next.

I missed where he started that war.

Did we find those WMDs yet, Mason?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-06-17, 14:18

Turtleneck wrote:

Is it ok to like my neighbor? She is African American and might be a lesbian and an atheist. Just checking with the conservative moral authority.
No you should love your neighbor.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-06-17, 14:19

Rocinante wrote:

Did you miss the part where he mismanaged the war?

Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-06-17, 14:21

Hut1hut2 wrote:

I think you forgot the part where Barry mismanaged the war.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-17, 16:50

Hut1hut2 wrote:

I think you forgot the part where Barry mismanaged the war.

I think you're possibly mentally challenged. Nttawwt
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain 2014-06-18, 06:58

Most of the hate in regards to Iran is overblown. The only countries worth hating in the Middle East are Saudi Arabia and Pakistan.
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-18, 07:48

I like Persia.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-06-19, 15:58

Rocinante wrote:

I think you're possibly mentally challenged. Nttawwt

You sir, are a comic genius. Please write and post more comedy gold. Better yet, put together a newsletter full of your witty comments. No, wait a podcast! Think of it! You will be a Money machine.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-06-19, 22:06

Rocinante wrote:

Not sure why you thought he started that war and also not sure why you are referencing WMDs.  Does any of this deflection offset anything I said?  ...that's what I thought.

Also, for the record during the entire decade of the 80s and some of the 90s idiot Hussein casually used chemical weapons and was pursuing biological and nuclear weapons.  Don't waste a single minute of my time with your "No WMD" nonsense.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-19, 22:18

Oh so we just didn't find them yet! Okay well we need to get back in there!! Fucking war mongers.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-06-19, 22:27

Rocinante wrote:Oh so we just didn't find them yet! Okay well we need to get back in there!! Fucking war mongers.

You act like it was never a concern. You come off as simple when you do that. Don't be simple. It is unbecoming.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-06-20, 07:13

NigelUno wrote:I like Persia.

Me too. Dhansak curry..... Is it okay to hate Iran? 361471007 
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-06-20, 09:24

Rocinante wrote:Oh so we just didn't find them yet! Okay well we need to get back in there!! Fucking war mongers.
Never existed, just ask the Kurds.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-20, 10:26

Wow. You guys STILL think there were WMDs... Remember it was jackass' whole reason for going to war in Iraq. How fucking delusional can you be?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-20, 10:39

MasonGuy wrote:

You act like it was never a concern. You come off as simple when you do that. Don't be simple. It is unbecoming.

It WAS never a concern for those of us not buying the line. We had inspectors, remember? Jesus Christ. I'm still pissed about this. 3500 Americans dead for the whims of a war mongering moron and his profiteering VP and you fucks still defend it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Hut1hut2 2014-06-20, 10:53

Rocinante wrote:

It WAS never a concern for those of us not buying the line. We had inspectors, remember? Jesus Christ. I'm still pissed about this. 3500 Americans dead for the whims of a war mongering moron and his profiteering VP and you fucks still defend it.
Umm stupid. Not defending war, but saying no chemicals weapons is false. Used against Iran and later on Kurds. Still no reason for boots on ground. Rule 1 is let your enemies kill each other.
Hut1hut2
Hut1hut2
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-20, 11:10

Hut1hut2 wrote:
Umm stupid. Not defending war, but saying no chemicals weapons is false. Used against Iran and later on Kurds. Still no reason for boots on ground. Rule 1 is let your enemies kill each other.

Dude. Those were long gone. We had inspectors. Sadaam was cooperating.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-06-20, 16:04

Dude, someday you will have to accept that WMD was an excuse to kick the ass of the guy that offended W's dad. The root cause of the Persian war goes no deeper than that. My point is, once there, once we had eliminated the bad guys, we have to stick around until the new deputies are able to run the place in our absence.

Barry didn't see it that way and that is why the ISIS is rolling.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-20, 16:09

MasonGuy wrote:Dude, someday you will have to accept that WMD was an excuse to kick the ass of the guy that offended W's dad.  The root cause of the Persian war goes no deeper than that.  My point is, once there, once we had eliminated the bad guys, we have to stick around until the new deputies are able to run the place in our absence.

Barry didn't see it that way and that is why the ISIS is rolling.

No we don't. We say "our bad" and get the **** out.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MasonGuy 2014-06-22, 16:22

In tSwill we will agree to disagree and you are wrong.
MasonGuy
MasonGuy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-06-23, 00:07

MasonGuy wrote:In tSwill we will agree to disagree and you are wrong.

You greatly underestimate how difficult it is to build new institutions post intervention. In fact, poor performing institutions is partly to blame for the current situation. The al-Maliki regime is sectarian and exclusive, and lack of representation has helped facilitate the problem. All-in-all, building new institutions is an enormous task that the US never properly committed to the first time. It's a lot harder, especially in a deeply divided society, to stick around than you think. The US completely dropped the ball, and I think the American public wanted a draw down in a war they saw as unrelated to US interests.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-06-23, 13:21

Rocinante wrote:

Do you mean the WMDs that the United States Senate Select Committe on Intelligence, including Carl Levin and Diane Feinstein, represented to the President and Congress existed prior to the unanimous vote to invade? Exactly how the revisionist liberals turned that into "Bush lied and started a war' is really quite remarkable. I guess if the media says it often enough people will believe it.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-06-23, 13:31

tTito wrote:

Do you mean the WMDs that the United States Senate Select Committe on Intelligence, including Carl Levin and Diane Feinstein, represented to the President and Congress existed prior to the unanimous vote to invade? Exactly how the revisionist liberals turned that into "Bush lied and started a war' is really quite remarkable. I guess if the media says it often enough people will believe it.

Thanks Diane!
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-23, 14:54

tTito wrote:

So much fail. The vote to "invade" was far from unanimous, first of all. Carl Levin Voted against it along with 20 other senators. In addition 60% of the democrats in the HOR voted against it. Further, the NIE that was produced by CIA director Tenet was the basis for many of the votes. We all know how flawed that report was now. Many of the democrats were spineless, but Tenet (Mr. "slam dunk"), Rice, Cheney and unfortunately Powell were the engine shoving the war down our throats, with that weasel Karl Rove in the background. The decision was made ahead of time by the administration (in early 2002), they just needed to make the case to the American people, which they did by being overly liberal with the facts, and invoking false images of aluminum tubes, yellow cake, mobile toxin laboratories, and whatever this shit is supposed to be.

Is it okay to hate Iran? Powell-anthrax-vial
EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Bull Semen!

All of this information and much more is available in many many books and in-depth articles that I will be happy to help you find. If you want to discount all if it as "liberal bias" that's your choice, but it's ill-informed and ignorant. These people would be called war criminals if this had happened in almost any other country. I fantasize about a day when they are still to be held accountable for what they've done.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-06-23, 20:56

Are we really debating what led us to war in Iraq in 2003? Unless somebody borrowed Uncle Rico's time machine, it does not matter now. It happened and we are stuck with the consequences. The debate is whether Obama screwed up and whether we need to go back. The answer to the former is much more complicated than Obama's critics will admit, while the answer to the latter is more complicated than the neoconservatives and liberal interventionists will admit.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-06-23, 21:03

I dream that it is still relevant because someday we will wise up and hold those responsible for the needless deaths of thousands accountable for their actions.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-06-23, 21:15

Rocinante wrote:I dream that it is still relevant because someday we will wise up and hold those responsible for the needless deaths of thousands accountable for their actions.

Before we hold them responsible, we should just stop listening to them. Yet we keep hearing from the architects of the war without questioning their authority to comment. They lost their legitimacy but nobody wants to tell them they are irrelevant to this conversation based on their grave miscalculations. Here is a beyond excellent article by a very well respected academic.

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2014/06/20/being_a_neocon_means_never_having_to_say_you_re_sorry_dick_cheney_william_kristol
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-10-15, 16:59

Looks like some real shit going down. Supposedly a political prison.

[tw]1581349672752656386?s=46&t=k8kpMADw88dB2auU8-bpyA[/tw]
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by msugolfguy 2022-10-17, 19:00

Rocinante wrote:
tTito wrote:

So much fail. The vote to "invade" was far from unanimous, first of all. Carl Levin Voted against it along with 20 other senators. In addition 60% of the democrats in the HOR voted against it. Further, the NIE that was produced by CIA director Tenet was the basis for many of the votes. We all know how flawed that report was now. Many of the democrats were spineless, but Tenet (Mr. "slam dunk"), Rice, Cheney and unfortunately Powell were the engine shoving the war down our throats, with that weasel Karl Rove in the background. The decision was made ahead of time by the administration (in early 2002), they just needed to make the case to the American people, which they did by being overly liberal with the facts, and invoking false images of aluminum tubes, yellow cake, mobile toxin laboratories, and whatever this shit is supposed to be.

Is it okay to hate Iran? Powell-anthrax-vial
EEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! Bull Semen!

All of this information and much more is available in many many books and in-depth articles that I will be happy to help you find. If you want to discount all if it as "liberal bias" that's your choice, but it's ill-informed and ignorant. These people would be called war criminals if this had happened in almost any other country. I fantasize about a day when they are still to be held accountable for what they've done.

I don't think people underestimate how big of being "Patriotic" was taking place during that time. I mean it was pretty rough even asking questions about that war. Lots of people took beatings even from moderate dems.

Maybe I remember it differently but people were on some Patriotic drugs during that time. I lost a lot of friends not being fully on board with Iraq and some of me still thinks it because I didn't renounce my Muslim buddies from State. Just talk to anyone in Dearborn about that time and it's a pretty bitter subject.
msugolfguy
msugolfguy
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down