Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama. Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but

+11
tanfan!
WhiteBoyHatcher
Nordic
Turtleneck
duffy munn
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
tTy
Snake Plissken
tGreenWay
DWags
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama.  Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but Empty Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama. Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 00:07

Who is the special teams coach and who coaches tight ends at Bama?

hmmmmmm

O.J. Howard, Tight End 5 catches 205 yards 2 T.D.'s.

Onside kick.

Without Bobby no way they win.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama.  Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but Empty Re: Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama. Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-12, 00:10

DWags wrote:Who is the special teams coach and who coaches tight ends at Bama?

hmmmmmm

Onside kick.

The actual players might disagree.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama.  Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but Empty Re: Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama. Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 00:11

tGreenWay wrote:

hmmmmmm

Onside kick.

The actual players might disagree.

Hey, remember the kick six vs. Auburn? Bobby was vilified for that. Credit where credit is due. Somebody coached them up
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken 2016-01-12, 00:13

DWags wrote:
I'm not sure that's accurate but he did a good job
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 00:15

Snake Plissken wrote:
DWags wrote:
I'm not sure that's accurate but he did a good job

His special teams beter recover this onside kick.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-12, 00:16

lmao, please fuck this up, Bobby.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-12, 00:17

Bobby is a good assistant coach. He isn't a head coach. I didn't realize that was debated.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-12, 00:18

If Bobby was that smart he'd still be coaching MSU.

BW is a nice guy which is why he's wired to always be the loyal 2nd banana.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 00:21

GRR Spartan wrote:If Bobby was that smart he'd still be coaching MSU.

I'll say this till I die. Guy is a very good coach. He isn't wired to be a head coach. Not even close. He' is a good foil on a staff to Saban. Saban is the guy who can be a hard ass and feared and hated by his team, Bobby is the opposite of that and a sounding board. In the meantime, he can coach football.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-12, 00:22

" Don't know "
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-12, 00:23

Ok. So he is a good coordinator or position coach. Probably a nice guy, too.

Terrible head coach. Travis level terrible.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-01-12, 00:23

BYOB (Bobby)
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-12, 00:24

I was 22. And hammered. And in the gin mill in Chicago. And I was SCREAMING, PLEADING for him to go for two against the Irish.

That's when I knew.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-12, 00:24

Turtleneck wrote:Ok. So he is a good coordinator or position coach. Probably a nice guy, too.

|:
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-12, 00:27

Turtleneck wrote:Ok. So he is a good coordinator or position coach. Probably a nice guy, too.

Nothing and no one sinks to that depth. Travis stands alone.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-12, 00:29

That's three Spartans/former Spartans getting a ring tonight: Saban, Bobby, and Dean Altobelli.

Can we get a ring sent to the Duffy for our part in their title?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 00:34

He was drafted by that staff to take over. The most discouraging thing was that summer coaching at the camp for him, some of the assistants at the coaches party thursday night, told us that they were relieved because "they wouldn't have to work as hard now". Exact words. Was a drunk buzz killer.

If Jethro Bodine posts and reads this he can back me up. He was right at the table. And Jethro, that cock sucker that said it can kiss my ass to this day. Never liked him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-12, 00:36

:(

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2016-01-12, 00:36; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-12, 00:36

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:That's three Spartans/former Spartans getting a ring tonight: Saban, Bobby, and Dean Altobelli.

What? You don't like man jewelry?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-01-12, 00:37

tGreenWay wrote:That's three Spartans/former Spartans getting a ring tonight: Saban, Bobby, and Dean Altobelli.

You know who else gets a ring after tonight? Charle Weis, Jr. Yeah, that's right, his fucking kid.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2016-01-12, 00:38

DWags wrote:

He was drafted by that staff to take over. The most discouraging thing was that summer coaching at the camp for him, some of the assistants at the coaches party thursday night, told us that they were relieved because "they wouldn't have to work as hard now". Exact words. Was a drunk buzz killer.

If Jethro Bodine posts and reads this he can back me up. He was right at the table. And Jethro, that cock sucker that said it can kiss my ass to this day. Never liked him.

Because that post and you only mentioned one name, I assume you are talking about me.

Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-12, 00:38

DWags wrote:

I'll say this till I die. Guy is a very good coach. He isn't wired to be a head coach. Not even close. He' is a good foil on a staff to Saban. Saban is the guy who can be a hard ass and feared and hated by his team, Bobby is the opposite of that and a sounding board. In the meantime, he can coach football.

BW is always there to be the Good Cop to counter balance Saban's Bad Cop.

I had 2 customers who played for Bear Bryant. Both said Saban is so much like Bryant its spooky. Bryant would turn on the charm when recruiting and once you were in the fold He may never directly speak to you again. That's why Saban needs guys like BW.

Most impressive about Saban's National Championships is that all were won in the 85 scholarship era. The SEC used grayshirts but its nothing like it was when Bryant, Hayes and others regularly offered scholarships and had 100 to 120 players on scholarship every year.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-12, 00:50

hmmmmmm

Onside kick.

m

Do you now feel vindicated for defending bobby as head coach of msu and taking all that abuse from those who wanted him canned? That's the point of this thread right fwags? Look everyone ten years later and I finally got you on this. Ha ha! Look at me. I won the Internet! Sunshine optimists win! You suck for wanting him fired.

Bwaaaaa haaaaaa
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-01-12, 00:57

Turtleneck wrote:

You know who else gets a ring after tonight? Charle Weis, Jr. Yeah, that's right, his fucking kid.

Yeah, but he's still not half the man his dad is.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 01:02

Tanfan! wrote:

hmmmmmm

Onside kick.

m

Do you now feel vindicated for defending bobby as head coach of msu and taking all that abuse from those who wanted him canned? That's the point of this thread right fwags? Look everyone ten years later and I finally got you on this. Ha ha! Look at me. I won the Internet! Sunshine optimists win! You suck for wanting him fired.

Bwaaaaa haaaaaa

Just celebrating a freind's success Tanfan. I know you don't get that. But it was personal when guys would say shit about him. No big deal. I know he's not a head coach, I'll never feel bad about defending a friend. Ever.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! 2016-01-12, 01:05

DWags wrote:
Tanfan! wrote:m

Bwaaaaa haaaaaa

Just celebrating a freind's success Tanfan. I know you don't get that. But it was personal when guys would say shit about him. No big deal. I know he's not a head coach, I'll never feel bad about defending a friend. Ever.

Fwwwwwweaaaaaaaags! You're the best.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2016-01-12, 01:16

Nick Saban is probably the only coach in college football to have a Yale Law grad on staff as a football analyst.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-12, 01:28

You know, I still like Bobby at least. I fucking hate Saban..... I don't know that I've ever felt worse for a coach than I did after Bobby was asked the question after that UM game. GUH.................................... Brutal......
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2016-01-12, 01:51

tTy wrote:You know, I still like Bobby at least. I fucking hate Saban..... I don't know that I've ever felt worse for a coach than I did after Bobby was asked the question after that UM game. GUH.................................... Brutal......

You know, he once said to a group of us "fuck it was an honest answer". God, he's a good guy that had no personality to be a head coach.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-12, 02:17

DWags wrote:
tTy wrote:You know, I still like Bobby at least.  I fucking hate Saban..... I don't know that I've ever felt worse for a coach than I did after Bobby was asked the question after that UM game.  GUH.................................... Brutal......

You know,  he once said to a group of us "fuck it was an honest answer".  God, he's a good guy that had no personality to be a head coach.

I'm sure it was, but it was the WRONG answer.  And, yeah, the writing was prolly on the wall at that point anyway.  It is REALLY hard to sit here and second guess what would have been better.  Would it have been better if McPherson wasn't a fucking POS academic dickwad who didn't give two shits about foosball and paid Saban to stay?  Or would it have been better to take the crazy ass ride we have taken.....

I'm not sure the Rose Bowl two years ago could have been any more sweeter under any other set of circumstances (26 year lay off, beating OSU in the title game, chartering a flight with a hundred other Spartans, Max getting suspended, Elsworth being the GOAT, winning.... so fucking gooooood), so it is really hard for me to just assume that Saban would have just fucking ended up winning all the games for us if he'd never left.  UM, OSU, and PSU were legit as fuck back when Saban left, so this isn't an "all things being equal" thing, not by a long shot.  Coach D kinda has benefited from a down UM, ND, PSU and coming from OSU with regard to crootin...

It's impossible to quantify and evaluate, but fun to think about.

All this said, Fuck Nick Saban.  Just Fuck That Guy.  Fuck Him.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2016-01-12, 07:46

DWags wrote:

Ummmm.....no he can't. Recruit? Yes. Coach? No my slappie blowar
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-12, 08:07

tTy wrote:
DWags wrote:

You know,  he once said to a group of us "fuck it was an honest answer".  God, he's a good guy that had no personality to be a head coach.

I'm sure it was, but it was the WRONG answer.  And, yeah, the writing was prolly on the wall at that point anyway.  It is REALLY hard to sit here and second guess what would have been better.  Would it have been better if McPherson wasn't a fucking POS academic dickwad who didn't give two shits about foosball and paid Saban to stay?  Or would it have been better to take the crazy ass ride we have taken.....

I'm not sure the Rose Bowl two years ago could have been any more sweeter under any other set of circumstances (26 year lay off, beating OSU in the title game, chartering a flight with a hundred other Spartans, Max getting suspended, Elsworth being the GOAT, winning.... so fucking gooooood), so it is really hard for me to just assume that Saban would have just fucking ended up winning all the games for us if he'd never left.  UM, OSU, and PSU were legit as fuck back when Saban left, so this isn't an "all things being equal" thing, not by a long shot.  Coach D kinda has benefited from a down UM, ND, PSU and coming from OSU with regard to crootin...

Except the rose bowl was tainted because nobody told me what Max did to get suspended.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-01-12, 08:09

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Aw. You gonna cry a little? Maybe kill youself? That would be a shame.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2016-01-12, 08:44

Tanfan! wrote:

hmmmmmm

Onside kick.

m

Bwaaaaa haaaaaa

Anastos needs more time. Trust Hollis.

duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-12, 09:17

It's all good. Vlad said they are going to start helping us.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-12, 09:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
tTy wrote:

Except the rose bowl was tainted because nobody told me what Max did to get suspended.

I told you the WOTS up here. Seems like the most plausible splanation I've heard...
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-01-12, 09:39

tTy wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

I told you the WOTS up here. Seems like the most plausible splanation I've heard...

Someone here had the hot take that the Rose Bowl was tainted because we didn't know why Bullough was suspended.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2016-01-12, 09:43

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
tTy wrote:

I told you the WOTS up here.  Seems like the most plausible splanation I've heard...

Someone here had the hot take that the Rose Bowl was tainted because we didn't know why Bullough was suspended.

Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama.  Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but Herbie
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy 2016-01-12, 09:48

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
tTy wrote:

lol, oh.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2016-01-12, 10:40

Wags has a wonderful wife, perfect kids, great seats at all the games, and is friends with famous people.  

Just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of that.

Wags be Wagsing.

Welp boys, hate all you want, but Bobby Williams won that NC for Alabama.  Yep.Haters gonna Hate..... but Giphy
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next