Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz

+12
DWags
MiamiSpartan
SawGreen
J T
Death Roe
Watch Out Pylon!
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
WhiteBoyHatcher
NigelUno
Tim Wakefield
kingstonlake
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:07 pm

And reporters making things up carries on...

The Reagan Battalion Verified account @ReaganBattalion 21m21 minutes ago
Good example why trust in the media is so low.

Look at the @SunSentinel headline on what @MarcoRubio (supposedly) tweeted.

Look at @markskon’s tweet about what Rubio (supposedly) tweeted.

Now look at what he actually tweeted as stated in the article.

WHY MISLEAD YOUR READERS?

I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 DWrJEa-UQAAI7yv
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz

Post by kingstonlake Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:08 pm

LooseGoose wrote:While the much demaned, partially NRA funded JROTC members DID engage the shooter.

The Associated Press Verified account @AP 27m27 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: Sheriff: Deputy on duty at school where 17 were killed never went inside to engage shooter and has now resigned.

So the good guy with the gun didn't help? Odd....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:11 pm

LooseGoose wrote:And reporters making things up carries on...

An AR 15 is a weapon of war. Or an assault rifle. Or a easily altered rifle. Either or.... Potato Potatoe...
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:12 pm

LooseGoose wrote:While the much demaned, partially NRA funded JROTC members DID engage the shooter.

The Associated Press Verified account @AP  27m27 minutes ago
More
BREAKING: Sheriff: Deputy on duty at school where 17 were killed never went inside to engage shooter and has now resigned.

So wait, a "trained" deputy on Duty, who has gun training and has been in drills that immitate a shooter, never engaged?   Hey, I got it, lets let the home Eck teacher have a gun.   Idiocracy is here.  No more fantasy.  It's here.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:22 pm

Never saw this before - if true it says something about being there for your kids.

Owen Benjamin Verified account@OwenBenjamin 19m19 minutes ago
More
Of the 27 worst mass shooters in America only one was raised by their biological father. That’s a profound correlation. So yeah I’ll keep pushing my “family values bullshit.”
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:24 pm

kingstonlake wrote:

The Associated Press Verified account @AP 27m27 minutes ago
More

So the good guy with the gun didn't help? Odd....

But the Junior ROTC members without guns did. So the gutless one resigned today.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:25 pm

DWags wrote:

The Associated Press Verified account @AP  27m27 minutes ago
More

So wait, a "trained" deputy on Duty, who has gun training and has been in drills that immitate a shooter, never engaged?   Hey, I got it, lets let the home Eck teacher have a gun.   Idiocracy is here.  No more fantasy.  It's here.

Wags? How is it idiocracy? My sister is a retired teacher and would have happily carried. How is it crazy for a teacher ot have a gun to protect kids and not crazy for a bodyguard to carry to protect Beyonce?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:27 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:And reporters making things up carries on...

An AR 15 is a weapon of war. Or an assault rifle. Or a easily altered rifle. Either or.... Potato Potatoe...

KL? He didn't say "AR-15" or "Assault Rifle"- he said "Semi-auto weapons". That includes the most popular hunting rifles and the most popular pistols. So don't join the reporters in distorting what he said.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:37 pm

LooseGoose wrote:Never saw this before - if true it says something about being there for your kids.

Owen Benjamin  Verified account@OwenBenjamin 19m19 minutes ago
More
Of the 27 worst mass shooters in America only one was raised by their biological father. That’s a profound correlation. So yeah I’ll keep pushing my “family values bullshit.”
Goose are you going to get mad at me if I tell you that your source is bullshit and misread a fairly simple paragraph? (Which, cough, was in a Fox News article this proving a separate point that even if you don’t read fox you read fox)

Anyway....

Your source is bullshit and misread a fairly simple paragraph. Here it is 

He adds, “On CNN’s list of the “27 Deadliest Mass Shootings In U.S. History,” seven of those shootings were committed by young males since 2005. Of the seven, only one—Virginia Tech shooter Seung-Hui Cho—was raised by his biological father throughout childhood.”

So not 1 out of 27. 1 out of a handpicked 7. Out of the 27 there are more that were raised by their dads. Quick google is the one mention right in that paragraph and Omar Mateen. I don’t really want to spend the rest of my night googling mass murders so i don’t really know exactly how many out of 27. But more than 1.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/02/18/desperate-cry-americas-boys.html
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:28 pm

No offense to your sister, I would not be happy to be teaching across the hall from her if she was caring a gun. Nor would I want my children at the school your sister is carrying a gun at.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:44 pm

We can't find supplies for teachers, but there's money for guns? Not only that but we want to pay them shit to potentially give up their lives?
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:04 pm

Yeah count me as no on arming teachers. I mean there's no way the NRA would parade a teacher around as a hero for killing a shooter after the shooter mowed down 20 kids. That would neeeevvvvveeeeerrrr happen. They'd never use that as an prop to further their gun culture agenda.

Bottom line, if you've reached the point of having to arm teachers you live in a shit hole country. You also have thrown up the white flag and admitted access to guns are a problem.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Arming teachers I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 502811600 No This country is so fucked beyond belief. Fuck it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:30 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Arming teachers I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 502811600 No This country is so fucked beyond belief. Fuck it.

You can literally feel the NRA beating off to the thought of a teacher blowing a shooters brains out. SEE MORE GUNS WORK!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:40 pm

LooseGoose wrote:
DWags wrote:

Wags?   How is it idiocracy?   My sister is a retired teacher and would have happily carried.   How is it crazy for a teacher ot have a gun to protect kids and not crazy for a bodyguard to carry to protect Beyonce?

Maybe because teachers aren't god damn body guards? Not that all bodyguards are well trained and qualified, but they generally have some kind of training/qualifications (be it military background or otherwise). I mean, for fuck's sake, our police officers don't generally have enough firearms training, and you want to put more guns in untrained hands for potential use in times of great confusion and stress? That's a moronic idea, to be frank.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:45 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
Bottom line, if you've reached the point of having to arm teachers you live in a shit hole country.

Very much this.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:22 pm

My wife is a 3rd grade teacher. She is an excellent teacher. I don't know how she does it, she is a softie but she hits the perfect note with her kids. I'm in awe of her sometimes.

(Hypothetically) The minute she is asked to carry a gun, she would quit. I don't even need to ask her about it, or wonder if she would consider our financial future, or our kids college funds. She would walk.

Trying to consider my wife, even holding a gun, knowing her....is completely laughable. I would guess that at least 30-40% if not more of the teacher population that I know would fall in line with this. Replace 'em then! Right???? There are tons of proud, gun totin' US American, NRA Card holdin teachers in waiting. Right???? Good grief.

I can't believe people are actually stupid enough to consider this a viable solution worth exploring.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:47 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:My wife is a 3rd grade teacher. She is an excellent teacher. I don't know how she does it, she is a softie but she hits the perfect note with her kids. I'm in awe of her sometimes.

(Hypothetically) The minute she is asked to carry a gun, she would quit. I don't even need to ask her about it, or wonder if she would consider our financial future, or our kids college funds. She would walk.

Trying to consider my wife, even holding a gun, knowing her....is completely laughable. I would guess that at least 30-40% if not more of the teacher population that I know would fall in line with this. Replace 'em then! Right???? There are tons of proud, gun totin' US American, NRA Card holdin teachers in waiting. Right????  Good grief.

I can't believe people are actually stupid enough to consider this a viable solution worth exploring.
Actually.... you’re falling right in line with what I suspect the fringier lunatic types think is a great part of this plan. What with Thur chillrens brains bein turned all messed up by them libtard teaches. Thur brainwashin them I’m tellin ya
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:22 am

There are fairly frequent issues with highly trained professional career police officers being overzealous with using their guns and not following proper rules of engagement.

So yeah, what could possibly go wrong by giving teachers a gun?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:26 am

LooseGoose wrote:Never saw this before - if true it says something about being there for your kids.

More

You are the problem Goose. Your excuses are beyond tiring. Fuck it, I have no shits to give today. Get rid of all guns. I've got no use for them. I will gladly welcome a policy that mirrors Japan on gun control. Maybe my great great great great grankids will see this world. I'm hoping so.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:37 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

More

You are the problem Goose. Your excuses are beyond tiring. Fuck it, I have no shits to give today. Get rid of all guns. I've got no use for them. I will gladly welcome a policy that mirrors Japan on gun control. Maybe my great great great great grankids will see this world. I'm hoping so.

Encourage your favorite candidates to run on that platform please.

Every Single Government Authority Failed In Parkland. And They Expect Americans To Forfeit Our Self-Defense Rights To Them?

We know the FBI was warned specifically about the Parkland shooter not once, but twice – and did nothing.

We know the Broward County Sheriff’s deputies were called to the home of the Parkland shooter at least 39 times since 2010.

We know that the Broward County Sheriff’s Office was warned multiple times about the Parkland shooter.

We know that an armed officer was present during the shooting and did nothing – and that JROTC students showed far more courage.

And yet we are told that the solution to mass shootings is for law-abiding citizens to give more authority to the authorities that failed, and to turn over our only way of protecting ourselves?

But really it's all the fault of the NRA.....carry on people.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Every Single Government Authority Failed In Parkland. And They Expect Americans To Forfeit Our Self-Defense Rights To Them?

We know the FBI was warned specifically about the Parkland shooter not once, but twice – and did nothing.

We know the Broward County Sheriff’s deputies were called to the home of the Parkland shooter at least 39 times since 2010.

We know that the Broward County Sheriff’s Office was warned multiple times about the Parkland shooter.

We know that an armed officer was present during the shooting and did nothing – and that JROTC students showed far more courage.

And yet we are told that the solution to mass shootings is for law-abiding citizens to give more authority to the authorities that failed, and to turn over our only way of protecting ourselves?

The vast majority of it is, yes. All of this other bullshit is mostly deflection. Can't wait for people that think like you to fade away.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:55 am

I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 Screen-Shot-2018-02-22-at-7.38.15-PM-600x245
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:56 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

The vast majority of it is, yes. All of this other bullshit is mostly deflection. Can't wait for people that think like you to fade away.

You'll be waiting a long time, I'm a moderate compared to my kids.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:57 am

LooseGoose wrote:I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 Screen-Shot-2018-02-22-at-7.38.15-PM-600x245

Everything in that tweet is correct. Thanks for seeing reason.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:57 am

so.. a good guy with a gun didn't stop a bad guy with a gun?

shocking turn of events.

thoughts and prayers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 am

LooseGoose wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

You'll be waiting a long time, I'm a moderate compared to my kids.

I am ready for the wait. See my previous post. Try to keep up Goose.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:58 am

I think the biggest question is what did Hillary Clinton's email account do to stop this?

NOTHING - that's what.

Investigate!!
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:59 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:so.. a good guy with a gun didn't stop a bad guy with a gun?

shocking turn of events.

thoughts and prayers.

Now's not the time to discuss this Bob. Now is the time to cash some more NRA campaign fund checks.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:49 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:so.. a good guy with a gun didn't stop a bad guy with a gun?

shocking turn of events.

thoughts and prayers.

Now's not the time to discuss this Bob. Now is the time to cash some more NRA campaign fund checks.
it's the colored boy's fault anyway.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:56 am

NRA NRA NRA.....

‘School shooter in the making’: All the times authorities were warned about Nikolas Cruz

▪️ Feb. 5, 2016: A Broward Sheriff’s Office deputy is told by an anonymous caller that Nikolas Cruz, then 17, had threatened on Instagram to shoot up his school and posted a photo of himself with guns. The information is forwarded to BSO Deputy Scot Peterson, a school resource officer at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

▪️ Sept. 23, 2016: A “peer counselor” reports to Peterson that Cruz had possibly ingested gasoline in a suicide attempt, was cutting himself and wanted to buy a gun. A mental health counselor advises against involuntary committing Cruz. The high school says it will conduct a threat assessment.

▪️ Sept. 28, 2016: An investigator for the Florida Department of Children and Families rules Cruz is stable, despite “fresh cuts” on his arms. His mother, Lynda Cruz, says in the past he wrote “hate signs” on his book bag and had recently talked of buying firearms.

▪️ Sept. 24, 2017: A YouTube user named “nikolas cruz” posts a comment stating he wants to become a “professional school shooter.” The comment is reported to the FBI in Mississippi, which fails to make the connection to Cruz in South Florida.

▪️ Nov. 1, 2017: Katherine Blaine, Lynda Cruz’s cousin, calls BSO to report that Nikolas Cruz had weapons and asks that police recover them. A “close family friend” agrees to take the firearms, according to BSO.

▪️ Nov. 29, 2017: The Palm Beach County family that took in Cruz after the death of his mother calls the Palm Beach Sheriff’s Office to report a fight between him and their son, 22. A member of the family says Cruz had threatened to “get his gun and come back” and that he has “put the gun to others’ heads in the past.” The family does not want him arrested once he calms down.

▪️ Nov. 30, 2017: A caller from Massachusetts calls BSO to report that Cruz is collecting guns and knives and could be a “school shooter in the making.” A BSO deputy advises the caller to contact the Palm Beach sheriff.

▪️ Jan. 5, 2018: A caller to the FBI’s tip line reports that Cruz has “a desire to kill people” and could potentially conduct a school shooting. The information is never passed on to the FBI’s office in Miami.

▪️ Feb. 14, 2018: Nikolas Cruz attacks Stoneman Douglas High. Peterson, the school’s resource officer, draws his gun outside the building where Cruz is shooting students and staff. He does not enter.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:00 am

shocking turn of events.

thoughts and prayers.

So a well trained career police officer who took training in this, stress confrontations, shooting exercises,  wasn't able to collect himself, and help out with his gun.  But School teachers who do three or four weekend trainings will be able to handle that.  Got it. 

BTW, on a clear day, the average police officer during training, with no stress and just targets, can hit 85% of the time.  That's great.  Under stress training that average drops to 18%, or one in 5 shots.  That's cops.  So, under stress, a school teacher comes out of the home ec room from mixing pancake batter and what exactly might happen?  

*  Percent figures were from a cop on CNN this morning.  I'm only assuming their accuracy.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:37 am

DWags wrote:

shocking turn of events.

thoughts and prayers.

So a well trained career police officer who took training in this, stress confrontations, shooting exercises,  wasn't able to collect himself, and help out with his gun.  But School teachers who do three or four weekend trainings will be able to handle that.  Got it. 

BTW, on a clear day, the average police officer during training, with no stress and just targets, can hit 85% of the time.  That's great.  Under stress training that average drops to 18%, or one in 5 shots.  That's cops.  So, under stress, a school teacher comes out of the home ec room from mixing pancake batter and what exactly might happen?  

*  Percent figures were from a cop on CNN this morning.  I'm only assuming their accuracy.
The other thing about teachers is that while there are a lot of good, awesome, rational teachers, I've known a fair few who become teachers for the summers off and/or to have a job with a similar schedule to their kids. I know, they usually don't last more than 5-10 years. But those are also the ones that would get trained to carry a gun only for the bump in pay.

There are even great, dedicated teachers that I've seen that I would not want handling a gun around my child.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:39 am

to summarize, the cop was a "coward" while the brave teachers that Republicans demonize every day are heroes who would "shoot the hell" out of their own students.

these NRA types are some interesting people.

I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 502811600 I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 502811600 I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:40 am

DWags wrote:

shocking turn of events.

thoughts and prayers.

you're looking at it wrong.

Think about how much money the NRA would make if teachers were armed and trained to shoot and kill kids.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:43 pm

Utah teacher had shot herself in the leg a bit ago. Good place to remind people. Ready fire. Aim.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 21, 2018 3:21 pm

Seems like the parents in Parkland may agree with me......they must be crazy too.

I'm finding it hard to hate Nikolas Cruz - Page 3 Ddg0dKFXcAAQQBF
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3