Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

+30
TheReal_LWS
Senior Dickfist
AvgMSUJoe
Wally Fairway
Clarett's Folly
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
NigelUno
SawGreen
Rocinante
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Dr. Strangelove
aualum06
Travis of the Cosmos
Jake from State Farm
Nordic
Heat Miser
DWags
Tim Wakefield
Other Teams Pursuing That
Da Mayor
kingstonlake
Watch Out Pylon!
steveschneider
MiamiSpartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
CORNER BLITZ
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
34 posters

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 11 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-09-03, 12:36

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:Michigan fan: It was one bad game, there's no carryover and we'll surely improve.

Also Michigan fan: MSU and Penn State had scares against inferior competition. The B1G East is wide open.

Another win for the wolvies. Their rivals didn't win by as many points as they should have.

This happened today at the gym haha

Buddy: "nice W over ND...oh wait..."
scum fan (didn't go to um): "oh yeah, try to talk.. Nice W over Utah State"

Haha, I was dying
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 11 Empty Re: Obsession - the tears of my enemies.

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-09-03, 13:28

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 11 Dm_Dt_Ise_VAAAdf_QD
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2018-09-03, 13:44

Reality has set in for some.....

StirredNotShaken September 2nd, 2018 at 7:41 PM ^
The team has acheived nothing since we started 9-0 back in 2016. Since then we have wins against the following teams:

Indiana (twice), Florida, Cincinnati, Air Force, Purdue, Rutgers, Minnesota, Maryland

And lost to the following:

Iowa, OSU (twice), Florida State, MSU, PSU, Wisconsin, South Carolina, Notre Dame.

Notice the common denominator since Iowa 2016? We can't beat teams that have similar levels of talent and coaching. We are 1-9 against these peer programs in this time period (only if charitably putting Florida in this category). One and fucking nine. This is the most damning stat when it comes to Harbaugh's performance. I really do not expect this trend to stop based on what we saw last night.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-09-03, 14:23

Edwards suspended from BTN for taking to the twitter while liquored.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/03/big-ten-network-suspends-braylon-edwards-over-tweets-ripping-michigan/

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 11 Braylon-edwards-tweets
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-03, 14:35

Did they actually expect to beat Notre Dame? I thought it was a given that they’d lose. They can only have a meltdown like this if they really expected a different result.

I dunno seems weird to me.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-09-03, 14:41

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Did they actually expect to beat Notre Dame? I thought it was a given that they’d lose. They can only have a meltdown like this if they really expected a different result.

You answered your own question. Yes, they expected to win.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-09-03, 14:43

Nordic wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Did they actually expect to beat Notre Dame? I thought it was a given that they’d lose. They can only have a meltdown like this if they really expected a different result.

Because Harbaugh.
I've already been hearing the "who could we get who's better" bit. I just say "Brady Hoke."
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-09-03, 14:49

Bye braylon. Didn't even make it 1 weekend lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-09-03, 14:49

Just as much as it was another loss vs a rival, i think it was how the team looked too. They appeared to be the same boring ass average team since harbaugh got there.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-09-03, 14:51

“Effective as of Sunday, Sept. 2, Braylon Edwards has been suspended indefinitely from his role at the Big Ten Network due to a violation of the network’s social media guidelines,” Big Ten Network announced.

The suspension came shortly after Harbaugh said he didn’t appreciate Edwards’ remarks.

“No. 1, it’s not true. It’s not factual,” Harbaugh said. “There’s nobody in our program who thinks those things about any player on our team, let alone the two players described. On the other level, it’s disappointing that a member of the Big Ten Network would choose to attack the character of two of our players. And, if someone wants to attack the character of anybody on the ball club, come after me.”
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-09-03, 14:52

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Just as much as it was another loss vs a rival, i think it was how the team looked too. They appeared to be the same boring ass average team since harbaugh got there.

But they were in it at the end on the road against a Top 10 team!
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-09-03, 14:53

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:“Effective as of Sunday, Sept. 2, Braylon Edwards has been suspended indefinitely from his role at the Big Ten Network due to a violation of the network’s social media guidelines,” Big Ten Network announced.

The suspension came shortly after Harbaugh said he didn’t appreciate Edwards’ remarks.

“No. 1, it’s not true. It’s not factual,” Harbaugh said. “There’s nobody in our program who thinks those things about any player on our team, let alone the two players described. On the other level, it’s disappointing that a member of the Big Ten Network would choose to attack the character of two of our players. And, if someone wants to attack the character of anybody on the ball club, come after me.”

It’s...great...to..be...a...Michigan Wolverine!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-09-03, 14:58

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Because Harbaugh.
I've already been hearing the "who could we get who's better" bit. I just say "Brady Hoke."

An offensive coordinator that convinces Jim Harbaugh that you cant put a race horse in a steeple chase would help too. He’s a fucking idiot. You’re forcing these receivers and tight ends to make huge plays one on one or one on two when you keep your QB in a box. Why throw 50/50 balls when you have a QB who can move roll run? But nope, you brought in a Kentucky derby horse and are making him run a steeple chase. He has Pep Hamilton Mcelwain ed Wariner on staff and they can’t convince him to change? He’s a fuck wad.

Truth here: I was nervous as hell with Patterson. Now? If I don’t see change against western I’m going to laugh my ass off.

Fuck Jim Harbaugh. He’s such a dumb ass. He deserves this.

Last edited by DWags on 2018-09-03, 15:22; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-09-03, 15:20

Clarett's Folly wrote:
Nordic wrote:

Because Harbaugh.

Fred Flintstone never lost 4 in a row at SCum.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-09-03, 15:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:“Effective as of Sunday, Sept. 2, Braylon Edwards has been suspended indefinitely from his role at the Big Ten Network due to a violation of the network’s social media guidelines,” Big Ten Network announced.

But please don't come after my coaching record at Michigan....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarett's Folly 2018-09-03, 15:25

I gotta say I'm shocked that Harbaugh went away from what worked for him at Stanford. 2 TE sets, goal line offense in the middle of the field, pounding the ball. Someone convinced him they needed to go spread but he only dipped a toe in the water and the results have been lackluster.
Clarett's Folly
Clarett's Folly
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-09-03, 15:28

Clarett's Folly wrote:I gotta say I'm shocked that Harbaugh went away from what worked for him at Stanford. 2 TE sets, goal line offense in the middle of the field, pounding the ball. Someone convinced him they needed to go spread but he only dipped a toe in the water and the results have been lackluster.

He’s had since February.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-09-03, 15:33

Clarett's Folly wrote:I gotta say I'm shocked that Harbaugh went away from what worked for him at Stanford. 2 TE sets, goal line offense in the middle of the field, pounding the ball. Someone convinced him they needed to go spread but he only dipped a toe in the water and the results have been lackluster.

That's what they were last year isn't it? 8 TEs and FBs.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-09-03, 15:54

This. ND figured out pretty quick they had only installed the basics so far and started teeing off. Michigan's tempo and pace was incredibly slow all game. A sign they weren't comfortable with what they are doing yet. I suspect McCaffery had the least grasp of the offense and was getting the least reps... which is why they were so quick to pull him.

Taking a 180 shift in year 4 is not a good sign for them.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-09-03, 15:55

DWags wrote:
Clarett's Folly wrote:

Because Harbaugh.

An offensive coordinator that convinces Jim Harbaugh that you cant put a race horse in a steeple chase would help too. He’s a fucking idiot. You’re forcing these receivers and tight ends to make huge plays one on one or one on two when you keep your QB in a box. Why throw 50/50 balls when you have a QB who can move roll run? But nope, you brought in a Kentucky derby horse and are making him run a steeple chase. He has Pep Hamilton Mcelwain ed Wariner on staff and they can’t convince him to change? He’s a fuck wad.

Truth here: I was nervous as hell with Patterson. Now? If I don’t see change against western I’m going to laugh my ass off.

Fuck Jim Harbaugh. He’s such a dumb ass. He deserves this.
whose got it better
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-09-03, 16:02

Nordic wrote:

This. ND figured out pretty quick they had only installed the basics so far and started teeing off. Michigan's tempo and pace was incredibly slow all game. A sign they weren't comfortable with what they are doing yet. I suspect McCaffery had the least grasp of the offense and was getting the least reps... which is why they were so quick to pull him.

Taking a 180 shift in year 4 is not a good sign for them.

Took San Fran to a super bowl. Wonder if he forgot? I saw the packers get destroyed in a playoff game that year by using a QB’s talents and not your fall back playbook. Maybe cte is setting in.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-09-03, 16:10

They weren't the only ones - it went off at Michigan -3.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-09-03, 16:29

Dr. Strangelove wrote:

They weren't the only ones - it went off at Michigan -3.

But that’s to be expected what with the legion of idiots betting on Michigan every game. I dunno, the Michigan people I know thought they were going to lose. But maybe they are more reality based.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-09-03, 16:37

I suspect it was a combination of garbage on the OL and Big 10 East defenses being easily more physical than the Pac12
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-03, 17:44

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

It’s...great...to..be...a...Michigan Wolverine!

Whoth got it better than uth?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2018-09-23, 20:40

https://i.imgur.com/slWgL42.gifv
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-09-23, 20:51

CORNER BLITZ wrote:https://i.imgur.com/slWgL42.gifv

Lulz
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2018-09-24, 10:06

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 11 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-09-24, 10:09

The first two times I watched it I kept trying to figure out what the Husker fan is saying and why it was so funny.

Twelve hours later, and on the third time I finally focused on the u of m fan. Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 11 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-09-24, 10:16

Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 11 1401550746
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-09-24, 10:37

That’s a Michigan man for you.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2018-09-24, 15:39

Absolute beauty of a thread on MGoBlog. They are feeling good and I love it...

https://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/schedule-lays-out-nicely
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-09-24, 17:02

Nordic wrote:Absolute beauty of a thread on MGoBlog. They are feeling good and I love it...

"The opponents and matchups get progressively more difficult for the most part allowing an improving team time and opportunity to develop talent and depth."

Or maybe, just maybe, that leads to UM getting an increased dose of reality as the promise brought on by trouncing cupcakes in the early season are shattered to pieces.

Nah, mgoblog, let's go with what you guys said rather that using pretty much every year of the last decade or more as precedent.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-09-24, 18:10

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Nordic wrote:Absolute beauty of a thread on MGoBlog. They are feeling good and I love it...

"The opponents and matchups get progressively more difficult for the most part allowing an improving team time and opportunity to develop talent and depth."

Or maybe, just maybe, that leads to UM getting an increased dose of reality as the promise brought on by trouncing cupcakes in the early season are shattered to pieces.

Nah, mgoblog, let's go with what you guys said rather that using pretty much every year of the last decade or more as precedent.

2017: Started 4-0 Finished 8-5
2016: Started 9-0 Finished 10-3
2015: Started 5-1 Finished 10-3
2014: Started 2-1 Finished 5-7
2013: Started 5-0 Finished 7-6
2012: Started 5-2 Finished 8-5
2011: Started 6-0 Finished 11-2
2010: Started 5-0 Finished 7-6
2009: Started 4-0 Finished 5-7
2008: Started 2-2 Finished 3-9
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-09-24, 18:23

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2018-09-24, 19:36

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

2017: Started 4-0 Finished 8-5
2016: Started 9-0 Finished 10-3
2015: Started 5-1 Finished 10-3
2014: Started 2-1 Finished 5-7
2013: Started 5-0 Finished 7-6
2012: Started 5-2 Finished 8-5
2011: Started 6-0 Finished 11-2
2010: Started 5-0 Finished 7-6
2009: Started 4-0 Finished 5-7
2008: Started 2-2 Finished 3-9
Obsession - the tears of my enemies. - Page 11 502811600 It's like they've had John L Rodhokebaugh as their coach for 10 years.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-09-27, 18:19

Jake Butt tore his ACL today for the 3rd time. Yikes. Tough break.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2018-10-01, 12:38

Something is very wrong with this man.

[tw]1046800893834907648[/tw]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2018-10-01, 13:02

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Something is very wrong with this man.

Yeah, he might be a football wunderkind (jury is still out) but there are marbles rolling around up there.

I question the BTN social media folks for posting that to begin with, but the rofl emoji is kind of weird there.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2018-10-01, 13:52

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Something is very wrong with this man.

Yeah, he might be a football wunderkind (jury is still out) but there are marbles rolling around up there.

I question the BTN social media folks for posting that to begin with, but the rofl emoji is kind of weird there.

He just thinks media people are dolts. That's 90% of his schtick. If he said "It's a fkn game. We have it every year. Dumb question. Next..." Comes off looking like a fool, but JLS smacked himself trying to make the same point. Soooo....(lost my point)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 25  Next