Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go again. "Mass" shooting at a Madden tournament in Jacksonville Fla.

+15
CORNER BLITZ
Rocinante
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
SawGreen
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
Heat Miser
GRR Spartan
kingstonlake
Jake from State Farm
Watch Out Pylon!
Robert J Sakimano
Other Teams Pursuing That
DWags
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Here we go again.  "Mass" shooting at a Madden tournament in Jacksonville Fla. Empty Here we go again. "Mass" shooting at a Madden tournament in Jacksonville Fla.

Post by DWags 2018-08-26, 15:13

No numbers are being confirmed. "Possibly" 11 shot, multiple fatalities. NOTHING IS CONFIRMED
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Here we go again.  "Mass" shooting at a Madden tournament in Jacksonville Fla. Empty Re: Here we go again. "Mass" shooting at a Madden tournament in Jacksonville Fla.

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-26, 15:14

I’ve been saying all along - video games cause mass shootings.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Here we go again.  "Mass" shooting at a Madden tournament in Jacksonville Fla. Empty Re: Here we go again. "Mass" shooting at a Madden tournament in Jacksonville Fla.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-26, 15:17

Great news for the NRA - America's Terrorist Organization.

thoughts and prayers.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-26, 15:22

Thoughts and prayers for those that sacrificed their lives so we can enjoy the freedom of gun ownership. Praise be unto god.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2018-08-26, 15:37

Thoughts and prayers
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 15:42

I'm surprised any of these people left their bedrooms long enough to enter a competition.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-26, 15:43

https://m.livestreamfails.com/post/27783

Graphic audio.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 15:48

Jesus.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-26, 15:48

kingstonlake wrote:I'm surprised any of these people left their bedrooms long enough to enter a competition.

Yeah, surprised those nerds were able to get out of the lockers they got shoved into. Fucking weirdos.

Rolling Eyes
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2018-08-26, 15:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'm surprised any of these people left their bedrooms long enough to enter a competition.

Yeah, surprised those nerds were able to get out of the lockers they got shoved into. Fucking weirdos.

Rolling Eyes

This was not the argument I expected in this thread, but it's the one we deserve.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2018-08-26, 16:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Rolling Eyes

This was not the argument I expected in this thread, but it's the one we deserve.

Attitudes and the like as Kingston showed in this very thread can lead to disenfranchised youth, etc etc... leading to mental health issues leading to violent acts. People need to check themselves and deserve to be called out for it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 16:13

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Attitudes and the like as Kingston showed in this very thread can lead to disenfranchised youth, etc etc... leading to mental health issues leading to violent acts. People need to check themselves and deserve to be called out for it.

Toughen up, son.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 16:17

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Actually the video games they play are more apt to cause the conditions you describe. Not my "attitude", dummy. Video games.lead to shorter attention span, social isolation, lack of people skills in a real environment, etc. But cast blame to whatever gets you to your safe place, lol.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2018-08-26, 16:53

Florida is a state where its relatively easy to get guns. Once the guns are off the seller's shelvesand into the hands of purchasers you can only hope they will take care of them so they don't get stolen, used by unauthorized family members or sold to people who couldn't buy a gun legally.

Been a number of shootings from this episode, the Martin shooting, Pulse nightclub and the high school shooting this spring and the common denominator is they all occured in Florida where obtaining guns has a low bar.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 16:56

GRR Spartan wrote:Florida is a state where its relatively easy to get guns. Once the guns are off the seller's shelvesand into the hands of purchasers you can only hope they will take care of them so they don't get stolen, used by unauthorized family members or sold to people who couldn't buy a gun legally.

Been a number of shootings from this episode, the Martin shooting, Pulse nightclub and the high school shooting this spring and the common denominator is they all occured in Florida where obtaining guns has a low bar.

Yup.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2016/05/13/easiest-states-buy-gun/84261032/
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2018-08-26, 17:12

Thoughts and prayers. Wash, rinse, repeat.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-26, 17:14

Too bad a good guy with a gun wasn’t there to stop the shooter.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2018-08-26, 17:27

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://m.livestreamfails.com/post/27783

Graphic audio.

Jesus.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2018-08-26, 17:55

DWags wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://m.livestreamfails.com/post/27783

Graphic audio.

Jesus.

Weather is gorgeous, I just cracked open my first beer and lit the grill....i'm too happy right now to listen to that but will check it out tomorrow. RIP to all those that lost their lives in this senseless tragedy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-08-26, 18:10

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

Jesus.

Weather is gorgeous, I just cracked open my first beer and lit the grill....i'm too happy right now to listen to that but will check it out tomorrow. RIP to all those that lost their lives in this senseless tragedy.

“I’d rather bury my head in the sand than do anything and face reality.”

Congratulations, you’ve found the most American possible response. Enjoy your beer.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-08-26, 18:15

#GameIsLife

What The Fuck
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-08-26, 18:17

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Congratulations, you’ve found the most American possible response. Enjoy your beer.

What reality do you speak of? That some fucker couldn't take losing at something?
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-08-26, 18:19

SawGreen wrote:

What reality do you speak of? That some fucker couldn't take losing at something?

What? No. I speak of how we would all rather pretend that none of this is happening on a constant basis and just enjoy our beer. We used to care when this stuff happened, but we don’t anymore.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2018-08-26, 18:29

I saw Joe Theisman get kicked out of the Hooters at Jacksonville Landing New Year's Eve 1988.

Oh thoughts and prayers too
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2018-08-26, 18:37

SawGreen wrote:

What? No. I speak of how we would all rather pretend that none of this is happening on a constant basis and just enjoy our beer. We used to care when this stuff happened, but we don’t anymore.

Yeah, it's a tough one for sure. To really give a shit would be like Bruce Almighty. Do I care about this murder, or the homeless, or the drug towns in Mexico, or the latest natural disaster victims.

I think it might be dishonest to say the senses haven't been deadened a bit. I feel bad about it, and at the same time wonder if I'm not paying more than lip service.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 19:00

SawGreen wrote:

In reality, that pretty much covers it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-08-26, 19:01

kingstonlake wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

Barely scratches the surface
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 19:05

kingstonlake wrote:

Probably some disconnect with reality, accountability, and consequences well.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-08-26, 19:08

kingstonlake wrote:

Or just a massive cultural problem that we can write off and say I’ll have a beer instead of thinking about it but hey it’s fine
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 19:14

kingstonlake wrote:

Or just a massive cultural problem that we can write off and say I’ll have a beer instead of thinking about it but hey it’s fine

Possible. Or some dude with a really bad temper who couldn't take losing, always was told he's the best, has over 3 million kills on Grand theft auto, etc. I've reached the point where I'm almost done making or looking for excuses for these dip wads anymore. You shoot up a place with a bunch of unarmed people your just a straight up piece of shit. Don't give a crap is Mommy or daddy didn't love you. It's not an excuse to murder people.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-08-26, 19:21

kingstonlake wrote:

Possible. Or some dude with a really bad temper who couldn't take losing, always was told he's the best, has over 3 million kills on Grand theft auto, etc. I've reached the point where I'm almost done making or looking for excuses for these dip wads anymore. You shoot up a place with a bunch of unarmed people your just a straight up piece of shit. Don't give a crap is Mommy or daddy didn't love you. It's not an excuse to murder people.

Except it happens kinda way too frequently to write it off like you seem so eager to do. From all walks of life really, not just targeting it to one group (other than white men) like again, you seem so eager to do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 19:26

kingstonlake wrote:

Except it happens kinda way too frequently to write it off like you seem so eager to do. From all walks of life really, not just targeting it to one group (other than white men) like again, you seem so eager to do.

Would you like to pass a law telling parents to love their kids more? Pay attention to them more? Limit time online?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-08-26, 19:37

kingstonlake wrote:

Would you like to pass a law telling parents to love their kids more? Pay attention to them more? Limit time online?

No. See, that’s where I’m telling you that you’re focusing on the one thing. Which is weird. There are plenty of shooters that have come from your group, the aging white guy group, the Vegas shooter most notably. I have a feeling you two (and 10 other people here) would be indistinguishable if we only look at generalities, like you’re again so eager to do.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2018-08-26, 19:43

http://dailysnark.com/david-katz-identified-as-jacksonville-mass-shooter-opened-fire-after-losing-madden-game/
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 19:48

kingstonlake wrote:

No. See, that’s where I’m telling you that you’re focusing on the one thing. Which is weird. There are plenty of shooters that have come from your group, the aging white guy group, the Vegas shooter most notably. I have a feeling you two (and 10 other people here) would be indistinguishable if we only look at generalities, like you’re again so eager to do.

You just like to say there's too many shootings and it's part of a bigger problem.......

Without identifying the problem or give any solutions. That's what's a big problem. People who like the sound of their own voices while atop their soap boxes.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2018-08-26, 19:50

I want to talk more about how gamers are sexless dorks.

Oh yeah. T&Ps
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2018-08-26, 19:54

kingstonlake wrote:

You just like to say there's too many shootings and it's part of a bigger problem.......

Without identifying the problem or give any solutions. That's what's a big problem. People who like the sound of their own voices while atop their soap boxes.

I mean..... okay dude. Enjoy your beer.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 19:56

kingstonlake wrote:

I mean..... okay dude. Enjoy your beer.

Cheers.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2018-08-26, 20:41

Can we get back to that scary brown guy who murdered the pretty white girl in Iowa?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2018-08-26, 20:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Can we get back to that scary brown guy who murdered the pretty white girl in Iowa?

Old news Bob, old news. It's kinda sad. They other day I was like, it's been awhile since we had a mass shooting. It's like you expect it now....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next