Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

+30
SawGreen
Travis of the Cosmos
tTito
I.B. Fine
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Death Roe
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
steveschneider
Jake from State Farm
kingstonlake
aualum06
Dr. Strangelove
MiamiSpartan
By-Tor
Senior Dickfist
Turtleneck
InTenSity
Robert J Sakimano
NigelUno
TheReal_LWS
Bill Cain
Tek Jansen
CORNER BLITZ
34 posters

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Sat 15 Dec 2018 - 16:59

Death Roe wrote:We watched "The Mule" last night.

1) Clint Eastwood likes racist characters that have a change of heart
2) He's totally an ass man - lots of gratuitous supermodel ass shots
3) His bare chest before he bangs two supermodels at a drug cartel head's house looks like a pool of melted cookie dough

Although it did make me want to watch "American Sniper" again. I fucking love that movie.

But was it good death roe? I didn’t like American sniper but mule seems great.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread

Post by Death Roe Sat 15 Dec 2018 - 22:01

It was okay. American Sniper was way better IMO
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sun 16 Dec 2018 - 16:08

On a scale of 0 to 1 how excited are you all for "The Masked Singer" debuting on Fox in January?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun 16 Dec 2018 - 16:10

Floyd Robertson wrote:On a scale of 0 to 1 how excited are you all for "The Masked Singer" debuting on Fox in January?
Not as excited as fox seems to be
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 16 Dec 2018 - 18:07

Please retweet.

[tw]1074440023796314112[/tw]
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Dec 2018 - 18:58

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Please retweet.

Did you offer catering for one episode?   You cook, I'll buy the food.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 16 Dec 2018 - 19:03

Never been a huge fan of Spike Lee movies, but I thoroughly enjoyed BlacKkKlansman. Excellent movie.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Sun 16 Dec 2018 - 19:27

It’s no 2 and a half men.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 16 Dec 2018 - 21:25

Rocinante wrote:

It’s no 2 and a half men.

tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 6 502811600 tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 6 502811600 tOfficial General Movies and TV Shows Discussion/Criticism Thread - Page 6 502811600
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue 18 Dec 2018 - 21:50

The Mule 7/10
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sat 22 Dec 2018 - 19:27

Went to see Aquaman today. It was a nice refreshing change on the dark and brooding DC movies. It felt like a really fun Marvel movie.

Momoa is good as Aquaman (the final suit is fucking badass), but Patrick Wilson is fantastic as King Orm. Amber Heard was hot, too.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 23 Dec 2018 - 20:01

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The Mule 7/10

What’s it missing that you deducted three points?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue 25 Dec 2018 - 17:08

I too saw Brokeback Aquaman. It was ok. A little long. They should have cast Daryl Hannah as his mom.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 25 Dec 2018 - 18:36

I saw that Kurt Russel Xmas movie. That shot was stoopid.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 25 Dec 2018 - 19:45

Contemplating watching The Human Condition. In some circles it's considered the best war movie ever.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue 25 Dec 2018 - 21:49

Started watching Tag. Enjoying it so far. Wild that it’s based on a true story.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 13:36

Just got out of vice. Solid with some rich parts. Bale killed it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Wed 26 Dec 2018 - 16:06

OTPT, have you watched The Lobster on Netflix yet? Its not a superhero movie.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 9:22

Well, I know what I'm watching tomorrow.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 11:30

InTenSity wrote:OTPT, have you watched The Lobster on Netflix yet? Its not a superhero movie.

I have not. Would i like it?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 11:32

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
InTenSity wrote:OTPT, have you watched The Lobster on Netflix yet? Its not a superhero movie.

You would hate it with the fire of a thousand suns.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity Thu 27 Dec 2018 - 21:47

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I don't know. It's different. Kind of slow at times, but not something I've seen much of.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 30 Dec 2018 - 15:43

Tag was good.
White Boy Rick was good, and fuck those fucking feds and cops.
A Simple Favor is pretty interesting so far, plus Blake Lively is fun to look at.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun 30 Dec 2018 - 17:17

Did a Lars Von Trier double.

Dogville 4 out of 5 stars
The house that Jack Built 2.5 out of 5 stars
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 9:30

My wife and I started watching Ozark over break - still in the first season. Diggin' it so far.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 9:40

Robert J Sakimano wrote:My wife and I started watching Ozark over break - still in the first season. Diggin' it so far.

First season is great. Second season is ok
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 10:45

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:My wife and I started watching Ozark over break - still in the first season. Diggin' it so far.

First season is great. Second season is ok
cool.

I think we just finished up episode 4 of season one.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 11:45

Anyone watch the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? I've heard good things, wife wants to start watching it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 12:40

steveschneider wrote:Anyone watch the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? I've heard good things, wife wants to start watching it.

I've watched a few episodes, they are pretty good. The Bird Box on Netflix is also pretty good.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 13:19

Vice was great. Give Bale the Oscar.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon 31 Dec 2018 - 15:39

Jake from State Farm wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Anyone watch the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel? I've heard good things, wife wants to start watching it.

I've watched a few episodes, they are pretty good. The Bird Box on Netflix is also pretty good.

That’s the one based on the book by a Spartan, right? I’ll watch it just to support an MSU brother.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:20

Saw two movies over the weekend.

The Upside - Cranston and Hart have great chemistry, other than that it's pretty cookie-cutter.

If Beale Street Could Talk - an incredibly well done movie about true love and what can test it, but felt kind of flat in the end. Music, score, and two lead actors were fantastic.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:35

You need to have kids so you can stop caring about movies.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:46

Meisel is great. Her boobs are exceptional ... Tony Shaloob in the second season cracked me the f up. The manager lesbo is also funny.

Last edited by AvgMSUJoe on Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:50; edited 1 time in total
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:48

Just finished "master of none"... Enjoyed it.

Watched the first two "Killing Eve"... So far pretty darn good.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:49

Surprised by the positive Maisel reviews, because the promos look dumb. Might have to give it a shot, or at least tell Mrs. GreenWay I’m hearing good things, which means she’ll start watching it and I can tune in to see if I like it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 20:52

After three eps., I’m still hooked on Bodyguard. Actually wishing it had more than six episodes in the first (and, so far, only) season.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun 13 Jan 2019 - 23:13

I'm about halfway through Castle Rock on Hulu. It is decent. Kind of cool to use Shawshank Prison as the backdrop with only a couple of very minor references to the film with no real relevance to the plot (at least not yet).

Cool side note, which you probably noticed if you've seen it, but at one point during a scene in a bar, MSU hockey is playing on the TV...and beating Minnesota 5-2 at Minny!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 8:23

MiamiSpartan wrote:I'm about halfway through Castle Rock on Hulu. It is decent. Kind of cool to use Shawshank Prison as the backdrop with only a couple of very minor references to the film with no real relevance to the plot (at least not yet).

Cool side note, which you probably noticed if you've seen it, but at one point during a scene in a bar, MSU hockey is playing on the TV...and beating Minnesota 5-2 at Minny!

Let me know when you're done. I don't remember what happened in which episode so I don't want to spoil anything.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Mon 14 Jan 2019 - 10:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:You need to have kids so you can stop caring about movies.

...WBH...
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next