Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial Isaiah Stewart Recruiting Thread

+16
CORNER BLITZ
Floyd Robertson
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
Cameron
WhiteBoyHatcher
DWags
Nordic
steveschneider
Watch Out Pylon!
tGreenWay
kingstonlake
Clarett's Folly
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
NigelUno
20 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

tOfficial Isaiah Stewart Recruiting Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial Isaiah Stewart Recruiting Thread

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-20, 23:03

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Stew man is really a great nickname. Is there anyone on the team now that we can call that?

Matt Mcquaid looks like he’s enjoy a nice chunky stew.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial Isaiah Stewart Recruiting Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: tOfficial Isaiah Stewart Recruiting Thread

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-21, 10:24

Trav any word this morning from Stewie on how he's feeling about his choice? I think we might be able to flip him still.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 10:30

So I'm seeing a lot of people say they get why he picked Washington because Seattle is such a nice town. How come more people don't pick UofW then? I think there's something fi$hy about all of this and I'm not referring to the Pike Place Fish Market. FYI UofW is an Adidas school.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-21, 10:30

Isaiah Stewart is dead to me. I hope we do flip him. That way we can give him 0 minutes and tell everyone he is a locker room cancer.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 10:31

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Isaiah Stewart is dead to me. I hope we do flip him. That way we can give him 0 minutes and tell everyone he is a locker room cancer.

MSU should lure him away with a posh flat and a personal chef.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-21, 10:34

NBD. If he's that good he's a one-and-done. Izzo wouldn't know how to use him in the tourney anyway.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-21, 10:52

steveschneider wrote:So I'm seeing a lot of people say they get why he picked Washington because Seattle is such a nice town. How come more people don't pick UofW then? I think there's something fi$hy about all of this and I'm not referring to the Pike Place Fish Market. FYI UofW is an Adidas school.

Nothing gets past you steveschneider.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-21, 11:05

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Isaiah Stewart is dead to me. I hope we do flip him. That way we can give him 0 minutes and tell everyone he is a locker room cancer.

This. I’ll bet he’s never even seen Mary Poppins
more than two or three times.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-01-21, 11:09

steveschneider wrote:So I'm seeing a lot of people say they get why he picked Washington because Seattle is such a nice town. How come more people don't pick UofW then? I think there's something fi$hy about all of this and I'm not referring to the Pike Place Fish Market. FYI UofW is an Adidas school.

I think you spelled Nike wrong.  

tOfficial Isaiah Stewart Recruiting Thread - Page 8 DxagxhoVsAEqVdP
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-01-21, 11:49

Steve, where is Stewart from? Who is the head coach at Washington? There is a good chance they have had a pretty solid relationship for quite some time. It's not that hard to figure out why Washington might have topped his list. In fact, it is my guess that had Hopkins remained at Syracuse, they would have received his commitment last night.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2019-01-21, 11:52

Nigel fails again. We really need a new recruiting guru.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 11:53

NigelUno wrote:

I think you spelled Nike wrong.  

tOfficial Isaiah Stewart Recruiting Thread - Page 8 DxagxhoVsAEqVdP

Looks like they broke away from Adidas in early 2018. Still some of the stench from Adidas is probably lingering around that campus and may have played a factor in this kids decision.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-01-21, 11:55

Steve, is your favorite website InfoWars?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 11:55

Turtleneck wrote:Steve, where is Stewart from? Who is the head coach at Washington? There is a good chance they have had a pretty solid relationship for quite some time. It's not that hard to figure out why Washington might have topped his list. In fact, it is my guess that had Hopkins remained at Syracuse, they would have received his commitment last night.

I don't know the answer to any of your questions or anything about this kid at all. I never really got into following recruiting.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 11:56

Turtleneck wrote:Steve, is your favorite website InfoWars?

Here's my secret. I really don't know anything about recruiting so I just let my gut intuition guide me on all my takes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-21, 11:57

I posted a link for you a few pages back steve that might have helped shed some light on the background.

But regardless of that background, there was some late shadiness to this recruitment that sealed the deal. I mean I don't know this directly but I know that a lot of people who do know this directly have confirmed this in no uncertain terms.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-21, 11:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I posted a link for you a few pages back steve that might have helped shed some light on the background.

But regardless of that background, there was some late shadiness to this recruitment that sealed the deal. I mean I don't know this directly but I know that a lot of people who do know this directly have confirmed this in no uncertain terms.

I guess now that the FBI investigation is done it's back to business as usual?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 12:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I posted a link for you a few pages back steve that might have helped shed some light on the background.

I guess now that the FBI investigation is done it's back to business as usual?

Outside of a few people losing their jobs were there any real consequences for the cheating programs? It's like when everyone on the highway sees the cop and the speed trap - everyone slows down for maybe a half mile, one person might get pulled over and once the risk of enforcement is gone it's back to business as usual.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-01-21, 12:18

steveschneider wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Steve, where is Stewart from? Who is the head coach at Washington? There is a good chance they have had a pretty solid relationship for quite some time. It's not that hard to figure out why Washington might have topped his list. In fact, it is my guess that had Hopkins remained at Syracuse, they would have received his commitment last night.

I don't know the answer to any of your questions or anything about this kid at all. I never really got into following recruiting.

Stewart is from Rochester, NY. Hopkins was an assistant at Syracuse for more than two decades. In fact, when Syracuse expected Boeheim to retire, they named Hopkins his successor in advance. I'm not sure what happened, but Boeheim did not retire and Hopkins took the job at Washington.

Syracuse was the first school to offer Stewart, and I imagine Hopkins was involved in his recruitment. Syracuse offered nearly two years before MSU, and Washington even managed to offer before MSU. There were probably some relationships built with Hopkins well before MSU ever got involved.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-21, 12:19

Why does the FBI care if college basketball programs cheat? They care about tax evasion and money laundering but breaking NCAA rules not so much. And clearly the NCAA doesn't care.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-21, 12:23

Turtleneck wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Stewart is from Rochester, NY. Hopkins was an assistant at Syracuse for more than two decades. In fact, when Syracuse expected Boeheim to retire, they named Hopkins his successor in advance. I'm not sure what happened, but Boeheim did not retire and Hopkins took the job at Washington.

Syracuse was the first school to offer Stewart, and I imagine Hopkins was involved in his recruitment. Syracuse offered nearly two years before MSU, and Washington even managed to offer before MSU. There were probably some relationships built with Hopkins well before MSU ever got involved.

Yeah, here was the article I posted from nearly 2 years ago to help Steve and others who were interested on the background between Hopkins and the Stew Man.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2017/03/21/sus-jim-boeheim-called-isaiah-stewarts-father-after-hopkins-departure/99465924/
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-21, 12:47

The $ argument is so beat to death. When football players pick MSU over better programs is that because M$U ?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2019-01-21, 13:27

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The $ argument is so beat to death. When football players pick MSU over better programs is that because M$U ?

Josh Jackson, Brian Bowen, and Cliff Alexander say hi.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-21, 13:41

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:The $ argument is so beat to death. When football players pick MSU over better programs is that because M$U ?

I have it on good authority that Isaiah Stewart is a no good lying cheat who broke my heart otpt
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-21, 13:44

Remember when all of those MSU fans cried cheat when Carey picked Duke?

You try too hard buddy.

WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-01-21, 13:50

When someone is murdered with a gun, are all murders the result of a gun?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-21, 13:51

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Remember when all of those MSU fans cried cheat when Carey picked Duke?

You try too hard buddy.

Um wat

It’s such simpleton logic. Recruit goes to lesser program he must be getting paid. Maybe he just likes Washington and developed a better relationship with the coaches? Trying too hard. Lol cliche message board saying #6
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-21, 14:04

Yes you try way too hard to be objective and paint others as beneath you in keeping it real. I mean what do you want me to say? You are essentially calling everyone who believes a source who is way more connected than you or I - stupid. Sometimes it just is what it is. I trust the sources I've read on this one. They are consistently reliable and there are more than one. You believe what you want.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-01-21, 14:22

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes you try way too hard to be objective and paint others as beneath you in keeping it real. I mean what do you want me to say? You are essentially calling everyone who believes a source who is way more connected than you or I - stupid. Sometimes it just is what it is. I trust the sources I've read on this one. They are consistently reliable and there are more than one. You believe what you want.

Is the source Buzzfeed?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-21, 14:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yes you try way too hard to be objective and paint others as beneath you in keeping it real. I mean what do you want me to say? You are essentially calling everyone who believes a source who is way more connected than you or I - stupid. Sometimes it just is what it is. I trust the sources I've read on this one. They are consistently reliable and there are more than one. You believe what you want.

A source is saying he got paid to commit to Washington ? Also i never said whoever believes sources is stupid but whatever you need to project to fit your argument, go for it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 16:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Yeah, here was the article I posted from nearly 2 years ago to help Steve and others who were interested on the background between Hopkins and the Stew Man.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/2017/03/21/sus-jim-boeheim-called-isaiah-stewarts-father-after-hopkins-departure/99465924/

Thanks, WBH. I must have missed this a while back. Apologies about that and just read it.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 16:43

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

A source is saying he got paid to commit to Washington ? Also i never said whoever believes sources is stupid but whatever you need to project to fit your argument, go for it.

I obviously don't know what actually happened, but having followed college sports for years I'm always suspicious of programs playing it by the rules and I believe if it's a 5 star recruit the odd are greater there was some cheating going on. So I don't think it's unreasonable for fans to suspect there's cheating.

Also, I've seen some BS posted on the message boards (I still refute the Marcus Taylor's dad gave him bad advice) claim. When it comes to recruiting I've been impressed by some message board gossip on cheating that's been accurate.

Also, up to a couple of years ago I've privately held the view that even our beloved Izzo probably bends a rule here and there based on my belief that it is a dirty sport. Guys like Joe Rexrode, Couch and others who have actual access to the players, coach and program are pretty convinced that he doesn't cheat so I'm going to wager he doesn't. I'll also note I've been on record on this site many times saying I don't care if he does cheat but at the end of the day I salute him for having integrity. Having gone to that quaker meeting last month I think the world could use more fair and honest brokers when it comes to business practices.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-01-21, 17:01

Is this thread about oatmeal now?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-01-21, 17:02

Turtleneck wrote:Is this thread about oatmeal now?

What’s your favorite kind of oatmeal turtleneck
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-21, 17:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Is this thread about oatmeal now?

Cream of Wheat > Oatmeal

j/k but I had some last week and it's still as good as I remember from my last bowl 50 years ago.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-21, 17:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:

Cream of Wheat > Oatmeal

j/k but I had some last week and it's still as good as I remember from my last bowl 50 years ago.

Had a couple packets of the Quaker** instant maple and brown sugar for lunch today. Does a great job keeping the body warm during dog walks.

** Sorry about eating your new friends, Steve.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2019-01-21, 17:45

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Cream of Wheat > Oatmeal

Had a couple packets of the Quaker** instant maple and brown sugar for lunch today. Does a great job keeping the body warm  during dog walks.

I love that stuff, too. The common denominator is the brown sugar. tOfficial Isaiah Stewart Recruiting Thread - Page 8 361471007
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 17:51

The company has never had any ties with the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).”

“Members of the Religious Society of Friends have occasionally expressed frustration at being confused with the Quaker Oats representation.”

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 17:53

You guys that love that fake Quaker stuff and that fake oatmeal check the cooking thread in a little bit. I’ll post my approach to steel cut oats that will help you start your day off right and you’ll have an epic bowel movement before noon guaranteed.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-21, 17:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Had a couple packets of the Quaker** instant maple and brown sugar for lunch today. Does a great job keeping the body warm  during dog walks.

I love that stuff, too. The common denominator is the brown sugar. tOfficial Isaiah Stewart Recruiting Thread - Page 8 361471007

Yep, brown sugar is the bee’s knees. (Not to be confused with honey, which really is the bee’s knees.)
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next