Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 Detroit Tigers Thread

+16
NigelUno
Travis of the Cosmos
Tim Wakefield
Jake from State Farm
GRR Spartan
The Pantry
Rocinante
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
Death Roe
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Floyd Robertson
Watch Out Pylon!
DWags
aualum06
20 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2019 Detroit Tigers Thread Empty 2019 Detroit Tigers Thread

Post by aualum06 Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Making goose happy.

Sounds like Gibby and Morris will cover the color commentary. No real news on a play by play man as of yet.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

2019 Detroit Tigers Thread Empty Re: 2019 Detroit Tigers Thread

Post by DWags Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:33 pm

aualum06 wrote:Making goose happy.

Sounds like Gibby and Morris will cover the color commentary. No real news on a play by play man as of yet.

Bring back Mario. Wtf.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:44 pm

DWags wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Making goose happy.

Bring back Mario. Wtf.

I don't think they are willing to take sides. Which is kind of stupid because rod is rod
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:51 pm

How's Gibson doing these days?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:02 am

[tw]1082985395023953921[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:45 pm

[tw]1083007809329872896[/tw]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:04 am

No way they win 67 games.
Shane Greene 1 year 4 million
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:22 am

So how does this rebuild thing work? One more year of terrible basebal, then our prospects should be ready and then you start to acquire free agents as necessary? So we are looking at another 3 years before they are even above 85 wins? That’s assuming the rebuild worked.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:46 am

One more year of awesome awful - this year. Keep trying kids out.

2020 - the kids start arriving - Faedo, Mize, Cameron, Paredes, Rogers....who knows who will actually pan out? They legitimately have 8-10 decent starting pitcher prospects so you'd hope that combined with Boyd, Fulmer and Norris there's a rotation in there somewhere.

2021 - the only bad contract left is Miggy's so you bring in more kids and maybe start looking to fill any holes that are left with FAs.

2022 - the should be contenders.

============
.500 ball in 2020 isn't outside the realm of possibility. They just need prospects to pan out. The timeline above is more likely.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:09 pm

aualum06 wrote:No way they win 67 games.
Shane Greene 1 year 4 million

Hardy and Norris both sign today to avoid Arb.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:08 pm

You know we're getting close to spring training - Cabrera is in the best shape of his life. ;-)

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/video/chadd-on-tigers-rebuilding/c-2522047983?tid=49502780
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:13 pm

LooseGoose wrote:One more year of awesome awful - this year. Keep trying kids out.

2020 - the kids start arriving - Faedo, Mize, Cameron, Paredes, Rogers....who knows who will actually pan out? They legitimately have 8-10 decent starting pitcher prospects so you'd hope that combined with Boyd, Fulmer and Norris there's a rotation in there somewhere.

2021 - the only bad contract left is Miggy's so you bring in more kids and maybe start looking to fill any holes that are left with FAs.

============
.500 ball in 2020 isn't outside the realm of possibility. They just need prospects to pan out. The timeline above is more likely.

Thanks, that's awesome insight.

Hoping you are right. Any chance they spend a little for an exciting free agent around 2020? I guess to rebuild you are supposed to just tank for a while until you turn it over and then you start signing. Or do they hold out until Miggy is gone?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:58 pm

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:One more year of awesome awful - this year. Keep trying kids out.

============

Hoping you are right. Any chance they spend a little for an exciting free agent around 2020? I guess to rebuild you are supposed to just tank for a while until you turn it over and then you start signing. Or do they hold out until Miggy is gone?

2020 should be an interesting and transitional year that will set the plan for 2021. I doubt they sign anyone next winter unless a couple guys really break out and that will be hard to project with them all staying in the minors
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:59 pm

steveschneider wrote:

============

Miggy's got 5 more years so I hope not.

Obviously with young kids and baseball there are mountains of questions and how those are answered will determine how ugly this gets....I'll give you what I know around the diamond and the kids:

DH - Whether he wants to or not Miggy has to move here eventually.

C - Hicks/Greiner for this year - Hicks is a pure stopgap, the hoped for long term answer is Jake Rogers - one of the two key players in the Verlander deal. He's starting the Year at Erie but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Toledo by mid-summer and in Detroit in Sept.

1B - no single answer here. Maybe they sign Castellanos and move him here? If Stewart hits do they move him here? Defensive metrics show that both of them suck in the OF.

2B - Kody Clemens is the best known name but he's a couple years away at least. Between 2B, SS & 3B you can add Lugo, Jose King, Wenceel Perez, Alcantara, Willie Castro, Ronny Rodriguez & Goodrum - King, Alcantara and Lugo all were in the JD Martinez deal. King might be the best prospect among them but he's in A ball at age 19.
SS - Isaac Paredes is probably their best IF prospect - the question is his body. Is he too chubby for SS? If so, then he needs to move to 2B or 3B. The next question would determine which one.
3B - Can Candelario stay healthy and bounce back as a hitter? If not one of the IFs mentioned earlier will move here.

OF - It all starts with Daz Cameron, another piece in the Verlander deal. He's starting this year at Toledo but should be in the D sometime this summer. Superstar potential. He's your CFer of the future. From there it's all questions. Can Reyes hit enough? Can Stewart or Castellanos field enough? IF Jacoby Jones can hit a little, he'll play - even in a part time role he was 1st or 2nd in MLB in defensive runs saved. Another prospect is Jacob Robson - hits for average and fields but almost no power.

So there are your hitters.

Pitching -
Legitimate Starting pitching prospects 26 or under:
Boyd - exception is 28 - I think he'll get flipped for prospects.
Fulmer 26 soon - so these two need to get it together or will be traded.
Norris 26 soon
Mize
Manning
Perez - the supposed prize of the Verlander trade
Burrows
Faedo
Funkhouser
Turnbull

From the washouts there and these
Jiminez
Guzman
Sandy Baez
Alcantara
Soto
VerHagen
...you should be able to construct a bullpen.

That's not in depth but pretty complete. I probably missed a couple names.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:23 am

1 year 9.95 million for Nick
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:30 am

aualum06 wrote:1 year 9.95 million for Nick 
That 's a good deal for the Tigers.

One name I inexplicably forgot up there .  The best name of all, an OF with some small chance to make it - Brock Deatherage.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:41 am

LooseGoose wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Obviously with young kids and baseball there are mountains of questions and how those are answered will determine how ugly this gets....I'll give you what I know around the diamond and the kids:

C - Hicks/Greiner for this year - Hicks is a pure stopgap, the hoped for long term answer is Jake Rogers - one of the two key players in the Verlander deal. He's starting the Year at Erie but I wouldn't be shocked to see him in Toledo by mid-summer and in Detroit in Sept.

1B - no single answer here. Maybe they sign Castellanos and move him here? If Stewart hits do they move him here? Defensive metrics show that both of them suck in the OF.

2B - Kody Clemens is the best known name but he's a couple years away at least. Between 2B, SS & 3B you can add Lugo, Jose King, Wenceel Perez, Alcantara, Willie Castro, Ronny Rodriguez & Goodrum - King, Alcantara and Lugo all were in the JD Martinez deal. King might be the best prospect among them but he's in A ball at age 19.
SS - Isaac Paredes is probably their best IF prospect - the question is his body. Is he too chubby for SS? If so, then he needs to move to 2B or 3B. The next question would determine which one.
3B - Can Candelario stay healthy and bounce back as a hitter? If not one of the IFs mentioned earlier will move here.

OF - It all starts with Daz Cameron, another piece in the Verlander deal. He's starting this year at Toledo but should be in the D sometime this summer. Superstar potential. He's your CFer of the future. From there it's all questions. Can Reyes hit enough? Can Stewart or Castellanos field enough? IF Jacoby Jones can hit a little, he'll play - even in a part time role he was 1st or 2nd in MLB in defensive runs saved. Another prospect is Jacob Robson - hits for average and fields but almost no power.

Pitching -
Norris 26 soon
Mize
Manning
Burrows
Faedo
Funkhouser
Turnbull

Jiminez
Guzman
Sandy Baez
Alcantara
Soto
VerHagen

Again thank you! How has Alex Faedo looked? I remember whe he was drafted and that’s about the only draft pick I recall.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:06 am

steveschneider wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:

Pitching -
Norris 26 soon
Mize
Manning
Burrows
Faedo
Funkhouser
Turnbull

Jiminez
Guzman
Sandy Baez
Alcantara
Soto
VerHagen

Again thank you! How has Alex Faedo looked? I remember whe he was drafted and that’s about the only draft pick I recall.

Really nice WHIP and ERA at High A Lakeland, struggled a bit at AA Erie in the 2nd half. But that's far from unusual for a young kid getting promoted. He's probably on a 2020 timeline.

The biggest concern in the young pitching is Perez. He's got #1 starter potential but hasn't been able to stay healthy since we got him in the deal.

Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Gross. It's Shep.

I like Shep's radio show, a little. I mean I don't listen to that shit but I used to in the 5 minutes I was in the car in the morning. But he's a terrible PbP man. His style is just...meh.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:58 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Gross. It's Shep.

I like Shep's radio show, a little. I mean I don't listen to that shit but I used to in the 5 minutes I was in the car in the morning. But he's a terrible PbP man. His style is just...meh.

yeah, Just came to post this.  It sucks.  A downgrade from Mario.

[tw]1084987121247629318[/tw]
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:05 pm

Yeah thata probably about 75 less games I'll pretend to watch. Just brutal.
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:22 pm

aualum06 wrote:

Yeah thata probably about 75 less games I'll pretend to watch. Just brutal.

I'll watch the Gibby games. The Morris/Shep games will be unbearable. Those will need radio, I'll have to find one that will get a station up here.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:52 pm

We have apparently signed gorden Beckham lol
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:37 pm

[tw]1088120704736870403[/tw]

They found a way to pay for Cabrera's mistress/child support. No more paper tickets.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:14 pm

Oh boy. The olds won’t be happy.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:55 pm

Death Roe wrote:Oh boy. The olds won’t be happy.

2019 Detroit Tigers Thread 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:06 pm

The fans have spoken. The old English D on the Tigers caps won’t be as big as they were last season. Still slightly larger than previous years, but smaller than last year. Thank you black Jeezy.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2019/02/01/detroit-tigers-hats-olde-english-d/2744135002/
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:07 pm

tGreenWay wrote:The fans have spoken. The old English D on the Tigers caps won’t be as big as they were last season. Still slightly larger than previous years, but smaller than last year. Thank you black Jeezy.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2019/02/01/detroit-tigers-hats-olde-english-d/2744135002/

Fixing the important problems first
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:21 pm

aualum06 wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The fans have spoken. The old English D on the Tigers caps won’t be as big as they were last season. Still slightly larger than previous years, but smaller than last year. Thank you black Jeezy.

Fixing the important problems first

It’s one of the few things the club can do in short order to mollify a grumpy fan base. 2019 Detroit Tigers Thread 2599972566
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:41 pm

3 run HR.

Seeing that sunshine and some baseball has me feeling good.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Sat Mar 02, 2019 7:59 pm

RIP LuLu Harwell [tw]1101960315489697799?s=19[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:57 am

Well this sucks, I thought this was my year.

[tw]1102553167017971712[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:04 am

This year's team is going to be shitty. Can't wait till the Lions start playing....No
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:34 pm

Fulmer shut down. Ill be surprised if he even pitches this year
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:02 pm

aualum06 wrote:Fulmer shut down. Ill be surprised if he even pitches this year

What happened?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:01 pm

steveschneider wrote:
aualum06 wrote:Fulmer shut down. Ill be surprised if he even pitches this year

I saw some mysterious tweet earlier today about working on lower body mechanics and Gardenhire saying no timetable for Fullmer returning to the mound.

What happened?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:45 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I saw some mysterious tweet earlier today about working on lower body mechanics and Gardenhire saying no timetable for Fullmer returning to the mound.

What happened?

Yeah some real hush coach speak about mechanics
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:03 pm

Fulmer out for the year. Having Tommy John surgery.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:08 pm

This season is going to blow.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:14 pm

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:This season is going to blow.

That was going to be the case from the onset this just means future seasons are going to blow. The goal was to trade him for good prospects but that's not going to happen now. Huge blow for the rebuild.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next