Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toyota Prius

+17
GRR Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Watch Out Pylon!
Death Roe
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
Turtleneck
Cameron
Nordic
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
21 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Toyota Prius - Page 2 Empty Re: Toyota Prius

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-01-21, 18:44

TheReal_LWS wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
You're spreading fake news, Steve.

Toyota Prius - Page 2 Jd_pow10

J.D. Power

Wait. Ford? But the little dorky Chevy commercial guy told me Chevy was the most awarded car company!

Are these awards anything more than the Hollywood awards where they all gather in one place and pat each other on the back and hand out a million trophies?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-21, 18:49

TheReal_LWS wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

J.D. Power

Wait. Ford? But the little dorky Chevy commercial guy told me Chevy was the most awarded car company!

That spot actually got pulled by Chevy after the other auto makers disputed the data they were citing. Thank baby Jesus because it was annoying as shit.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-01-21, 20:15

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

J.D. Power

I always thought JD power awards were bull.
Funny. All the foreign-over-American car lovers were pointing to J.D. Power rankings when Honda and Toyota were highly rated. Appears all you haters have changed your tune now.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-01-21, 20:24

I’m not sure why people drive vehicles not made by Ford. Seems kind of dumb, and is totally anti-American.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-21, 20:47

Thankfully, I don't own a car.. so I don't really know.

But just ask a bunch of message board yahoos what they think and do the opposite.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-21, 22:17

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Thankfully, I don't own a car.. so I don't really know.

But just ask a bunch of message board yahoos what they think and do the opposite.

Maybe I’ll just dump $800 in repairs for my old beater car the Honda Civic. The gas line and tank are leaking but the engine and transmission still have a lot of life in it. People pay 60k for a German made car so they can have a status symbol. Well my old Honda beater car is also a status symbol and I got mine for free.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-01-22, 00:00

Toyota Prius - Page 2 502811600
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-22, 00:11

I.B. Fine wrote:Seriously, would you consider buying something off lease, 3 years +/- old, often with some mfg warranty left. Even a decently equipped Camry blows away a Prius and you may even find an A4 or similar at the sane price point as the new Prius.
Probably cheap enough that the fuel difference is, at worst, insignificant.

Jeepers, I hate it when you’re right, but you’re right. I’ve had half a dozen Camrys going back to ‘95. They’re an outstanding car. Comfortable, safe, and very reliable. Certified gives you some assurance, Steve, but you’ll want to do your due diligence on the cars you’re looking at. I’m assuming an Accord owner would vouch the same for that model of Honda, it’s just that I’ve been a Toyota guy all these years.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-22, 00:30

Oh, and Steve, the Camry is built in Georgetown, Kentucky.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 05:25

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Thankfully, I don't own a car.. so I don't really know.

Maybe I’ll just dump $800 in repairs for my old beater car the Honda Civic. The gas line and tank are leaking but the engine and transmission still have a lot of life in it. People pay 60k for a German made car so they can have a status symbol. Well my old Honda beater car is also a status symbol and I got mine for free.
sounds like a good idea.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 08:06

tGreenWay wrote:Oh, and Steve, the Camry is built in Georgetown, Kentucky.

Oh I know and I feel strong that I’m supporting the US when I buy a Japanese car as oppose to China if I buy a GM car. I agreed with IB fines take and I’ve been looking at Camry’s and Corollas as well. I work from home and I don’t commute so we are just barely a two car family. Right now the Corolla, a Prius and repairing the beater are my options. If I thought I’d get another 2 years after repairing the beater I’d go that route. Our mechanic told me it’s a tough call. When he pulls the tank odds are good he will find more corroded parts and Its possible the beater could become a money pit which is not good. That defeats the entire purpose of the beater! He advised the best option might be to get $150 from the junk yard.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-22, 08:17

Yes, the best way to support the US is to buy foreign products.

Typical leftie logic.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 08:22

TheReal_LWS wrote:Yes, the best way to support the US is to buy foreign products.

Typical leftie logic.

And the best way to support China is to buy US products. GM is packing it up and taking the gig across the pacific. They’re a business and that’s where they are making most of their money these days. I’d buy a ford if I needed a pickup truck but I don’t need to haul anything.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-22, 08:23

steveschneider wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:Yes, the best way to support the US is to buy foreign products.

Typical leftie logic.

And the best way to support China is to buy US products. GM is packing it up and taking the gig across the pacific. They’re a business and that’s where they are making most of their money these days. I’d buy a ford if I needed a pickup truck but I don’t need to haul anything.

The only thing American about GM is the bailout money they took.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-22, 09:46

Typical leftie logic.

The good people of Georgetown, Kentucky would disagree with you.

Typical LWS myopia.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-22, 09:48

TheReal_LWS wrote:

Typical leftie logic.

huh....

So toyota has 11 models made in the good ole USA... Does that make Toyota a US product?

To quote lws "Buy Merican... NOT that merican..."
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-22, 09:54

Not to mention... the "ownership" of merican companies... Buy FORD, cause their stock is owned by a Dutch multinational, I MEAN 'MERICA!...

Not necessarily merican
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 10:11

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
TheReal_LWS wrote:

huh....

So toyota has 11 models made in the good ole USA... Does that make Toyota a US product?

Yeah, I guess it all comes down to where you want your money to go when you buy American. Ideally Id like my purchase to help support blue collar and white collar folks that did well at school. Gotta pay all those engineers! Anderson, Indiana was devastated when their GM plant but I’ll bet the people in princeton, Indiana are happy there’s a Toyota plant there.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-22, 10:12

Fiat Chrysler? Hmmmm...
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-22, 10:14

steveschneider wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:

huh....

Yeah, I guess it all comes down to where you want your money to go when you buy American. Ideally Id like my purchase to help support blue collar and white collar folks that did well at school. Gotta pay all those engineers! Anderson, Indiana was devastated when their GM plant but I’ll bet the people in princeton, Indiana are happy there’s a Toyota plant there.

Well that's most important, Steve. That you feel good. That's society's mantra right now...the truth doesn't matter as long as someone feels good.

Like recycling programs. 90% of all recycled plastic ends up in landfills....but the individual that carefully sorts it, rinses it and put it in it proper recycling bin feels good.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-22, 10:18

TheReal_LWS wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Well that's most important, Steve. That you feel good. That's society's mantra right now...the truth doesn't matter as long as someone feels good.

Like recycling programs. 90% of all recycled plastic ends up in landfills....but the individual that carefully sorts it, rinses it and put it in it proper recycling bin feels good.

Toyota Prius - Page 2 502811600 Can’t refute the facts; deflects to change topic.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-22, 10:20

TheReal_LWS wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

So, rocket scientist.... can you point to us a website or something that lists YOUR qualifications for "truth" in automotive purchasing manufacturing?

Also, Do you "feel good" about your ford?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2019-01-22, 10:27

So what we've concluded is the only merican* car company is Ford, according to lws, right?

*-not including the actual % of ownership that may or may not be foreign.

Oh, and BTW....Camry is more American than YOUR F150...

Toyota Prius - Page 2 C54650b7278f88a3eeaa7aa7d5fce4f7
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 10:31

I used to be a devout Levi's guy. Best blue jeans ever made if you ask me. Well in the 2000's they closed all of their American plants, and you could almost instantly see the drop off in fit and quality. I bought a pair that had such thin denim you could see holes forming after a few washes.  I went to Kohl's last year and the 501s didn't fit like my old 501s that finally wore out. The 505 didn't fit like the old 505 and after about an hour of trying everything on I realized I'm now a 502 guy.

You talk to anyone in the garment industry in New York and they'll all tell you the best denim in the world is made by the Japanese now. Why is that? Because they bought all the weaving looms from the American Levi plants when they shut down. LOL! Problem is you have to pay 150 to 300 dollars for a pair pants and I'm too cheap to ever do that. No thanks!

Last edited by steveschneider on 2019-01-22, 10:41; edited 1 time in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-22, 10:38

steveschneider wrote:I used to be a devout Levi's guy. Best blue jeans ever made if you ask me. Well in the 2000's they closed all of their American plants, and you could almost instantly see the drop off in fit and quality. I bought a pair that had such thin denim you could see holes forming after a few washes.  I went to Kohl's last year and the 501 didn't fit like an old 501s that finally wore out. The 505 didn't fit like the old 505 and after about an hour of trying everything on I realized I'm now a 502 guy.

You talk to anyone in the garment industry in New York and they'll all tell you the best denim in the world is made by the Japanese now. Why is that? Because they bought all the weaving looms from the American Levi plants when they shut down. LOL! Problem is you have to pay 150 to 300 dollars for a pair pants and I'm too cheap to ever do that. No thanks!

I have no idea if the product is any good, but check out this company: Dearborn Denim. Hunert percent US materials, made in merica. Goofy as shit is Dearborn Denim is made in... Chicago.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-01-22, 10:42

steveschneider wrote:I used to be a devout Levi's guy. Best blue jeans ever made if you ask me. Well in the 2000's they closed all of their American plants, and you could almost instantly see the drop off in fit and quality. I bought a pair that had such thin denim you could see holes forming after a few washes.  I went to Kohl's last year and the 501 didn't fit like an old 501s that finally wore out. The 505 didn't fit like the old 505 and after about an hour of trying everything on I realized I'm now a 502 guy.

Bought a couple pairs of Levis a while back, absolute garbage.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-01-22, 10:43

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So what we've concluded is the only merican* car company is Ford, according to lws, right?

Damn near certain LWS didn’t get all the lead shot out of the bunnies he hunted back when he was in jr. high and stealing from his dad’s old ammo stash.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 10:46

tGreenWay wrote:

I have no idea if the product is any good, but check out this company: Dearborn Denim. Hunert percent US materials, made in merica. Goofy as shit is Dearborn Denim is made in... Chicago.

I found a pair of APC Jeans (French made) at a Buffalo Exchange store for 35.00 once when I realized that Levi's was making garbage. I bought them, had them professionally cleaned and they are the best blue jeans I've found this day and age. I've had them over 10 years and they are still in incredible condition. Wake up Levi's the French are making better blue jeans than you are now.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-22, 11:07

Yeah people that may $60 for Levi's are morans. I don't even care about cost but I refuse to give a company my money whose product is a shell of it's former self. They started selling Levi's at Walmart. That should be all you need to know.
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 11:23

TheReal_LWS wrote:Yeah people that may $60 for Levi's are morans. I don't even care about cost but I refuse to give a company my money whose product is a shell of it's former self. They started selling Levi's at Walmart. That should be all you need to know.

In the 90's when communism was crumbling you always heard that the young kids in those countries were intrigued with Hollywood and they wanted Levi's. I don't think it's a stretch to say that Levi's played a part in the fall in communism. The way they build them now I don't think that would be the case these days.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-22, 11:35

Since Reagan wore Levi's, I can concur with this.

Toyota Prius - Page 2 Reagan10
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2019-01-22, 11:43

Typical leftie logic.

Yes your Ford F-350 with the lift kit, undercarriage lighting, camo seats, and truck nuts is completely made in America.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-01-22, 11:51

AvgMSUJoe wrote:So what we've concluded is the only merican* car company is Ford, according to lws, right?

Bump for pantry. But i think this is when he says fake news, skewed numbers, snowflake, lib something.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by TheReal_LWS 2019-01-22, 12:13

Death Roe wrote:

Typical leftie logic.

Yes your Ford F-350 with the lift kit, undercarriage lighting, camo seats, and truck nuts is completely made in America.

Almost correct. Minus the lighting and the nuts. cheers
TheReal_LWS
TheReal_LWS
Perioikos

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2019-01-22, 12:43

steveschneider wrote:I used to be a devout Levi's guy. Best blue jeans ever made if you ask me. Well in the 2000's they closed all of their American plants, and you could almost instantly see the drop off in fit and quality. I bought a pair that had such thin denim you could see holes forming after a few washes.  I went to Kohl's last year and the 501s didn't fit like my old 501s that finally wore out. The 505 didn't fit like the old 505 and after about an hour of trying everything on I realized I'm now a 502 guy.

]
You'd have to be an idiot to spend $150 on a pair on jeans.  Been getting mine from LL Bean (Double L®️ Jeans, Classic Fit) for over 20 years for a quarter/third that price.  Great jeans...read the reviews.  Free shipping on orders over $50 and excellent return policy.

btw...Bean is offering 25% off your entire order through today.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 12:45

steveschneider wrote:I used to be a devout Levi's guy. Best blue jeans ever made if you ask me. Well in the 2000's they closed all of their American plants, and you could almost instantly see the drop off in fit and quality. I bought a pair that had such thin denim you could see holes forming after a few washes.  I went to Kohl's last year and the 501s didn't fit like my old 501s that finally wore out. The 505 didn't fit like the old 505 and after about an hour of trying everything on I realized I'm now a 502 guy.

currently wearing three separate articles of clothing made by Levi's.

511 jeans, snap shirt, trucker jacket.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 12:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the 511's have a bunch of stretch denim? I think it's similar to the 514 but I can't keep track of all the cuts anymore. I had a pair of the 514s, loved the fit and the wash but hated the stretch denim.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2019-01-22, 13:04

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong but don't the 511's have a bunch of stretch denim? I think it's similar to the 514 but I can't keep track of all the cuts anymore. I had a pair of the 514s, loved the fit and the wash but hated the stretch denim.
yep - per the Levi's site:

A modern slim with room to move, the 511™️ Slim Fit Stretch Jeans are a classic since right now. These jeans sit below the waist with a slim fit from hip to ankle.

I have probably 5-6 different pairs - black, a really dark indigo wash and then a wash called "green jelly" which is an odd name. They're basically a distressed wash somewhere between a traditional lighter denim and darker indigo.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-01-22, 13:04

The Pantry wrote:

]
You'd have to be an idiot to spend $150 on a pair on jeans.  Been getting mine from LL Bean (Double L®️ Jeans, Classic Fit) for over 20 years for a quarter/third that price.  Great jeans...read the reviews.  Free shipping on orders over $50 and excellent return policy.

btw...Bean is offering 25% off your entire order through today.

I love the LL Bean polo shirts and long sleeve polos. I buy them on sale and am thoroughly impressed with the quality. Never wore their jeans, but I'll check them out.

I will say that regarding these APC jeans, they are bullet proof. Is it better to buy a 40 dollar pair of jeans that last one to two years (if you are lucky)  or a 150 dollar pair that last 15 years? My APC's I got for 35.00 back (they retail for around 150-180) in like 2005 are still going strong. I don't think I could ever bring myself to pay 150.00 but there is something to long lasting quality.

Last edited by steveschneider on 2019-01-22, 13:20; edited 2 times in total
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-01-22, 13:05

Bob what is your opinion on Carhartt? Do you rock that shit or is it too urban or blue collar for you?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next