Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

+32
DWags
NumbersDude
The Pantry
Motown Spartan
Rick Saunders
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
MattyFresh
I.B. Fine
GirbaudJeans
InTenSity
MiamiSpartan
Nordic
Dendrobates
CORNER BLITZ
Jake from State Farm
pulling69
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
AvgMSUJoe
SeeRockCity
MSU addict
Senior Dickfist
aualum06
WhiteBoyHatcher
36 posters

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-19, 17:18

Nordic wrote:So I fucked up.

I've been meaning to make a pot roast for several days. Been in the fridge going on a week. Keep fucking forget to put it in the morning. Including this morning. I just put it in an hour ago. Had to be done or risk chucking it (no pun intended).

I gave it a good overseer and set the crockpot on high. I know, I know, I know, this is sacrilegious. Pantry's comments about me being and idiot aside, will this bad boy be ready to eat in 3.5 hours or am I gone? Kid has dance tonight, ideally need to serve by 6:30.
If it smelled okay you should be fine. Hope you seared it first. Grab your kid some fast food to tide her over. Roast should be done by the time you get home.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 Empty Re: The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got?

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-19, 17:43

NigelUno wrote:
The Pantry wrote:The reward has sucked so far. Got my choice picking 3 seasonings of many from a place I never heard of before. With little information disclosed about any of them, none appeal to me.

Winning a throwdown allows you to pick the subject of the next TD. PM'd the guy running the throwdowns but he doesn't like my choice...eggs. Forum hasn't done an egg TD in over 10 years. It's like I'm PM'ing with fucking Guy Fieri.

10 years between egg TDs? Ridiculous.
They're insistent part of each entry be smoked. Fieri thinks an egg TD wouldn't get enough participants. I think he's full of shit. Easy to integrate a smoked item into an egg dish.

He made me pick a backup dish. I went with lamb. They did a lamb TD in 2019. They haven't done an egg TD since 2010.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-20, 18:47

Put up a poll on the BBQ forum asking posters which throwdown they would enter first...eggs or lamb. The TD administrator (Fieri) apparently got pissed and brought in the owner of the forum to judiciate the situation. Turned out, he's okay with the poll.

It's 90% eggs so far.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-20, 20:28

I’m going to make a smoked salmon eggs Benedict, with smothered and covered smoked hash browns. How do I enter?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-21, 19:14

The Pantry wrote:Put up a poll on the BBQ forum asking posters which throwdown they would enter first...eggs or lamb. The TD administrator (Fieri) apparently got pissed and brought in the owner of the forum to judiciate the situation. Turned out, he's okay with the poll.

It's 90% eggs so far.
The final vote was 20 to 3 in favor of eggs, and I didn't vote. The admins decided on lamb anyway.

Had no plan to enter the throwdown but now considering lamb and eggs. Cherry smoke for the lamb and pecan for the eggs.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-01-21, 19:44

The Pantry wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Put up a poll on the BBQ forum asking posters which throwdown they would enter first...eggs or lamb. The TD administrator (Fieri) apparently got pissed and brought in the owner of the forum to judiciate the situation. Turned out, he's okay with the poll.

It's 90% eggs so far.
The final vote was 20 to 3 in favor of eggs, and I didn't vote. The admins decided on lamb anyway.

Had no plan to enter the throwdown but now considering lamb and eggs. Cherry smoke for the lamb and pecan for the eggs.

Lamb & Egg Kafta The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 2599972566
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-21, 20:42

Nordic wrote:
The Pantry wrote:The final vote was 20 to 3 in favor of eggs, and I didn't vote. The admins decided on lamb anyway.

Lamb & Egg Kafta The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 2599972566
With egg just as a binder or do you have something else in mind?

Want to make the egg prominent if I enter this TD. Ordered an egg poacher to try out in the pellet air fryer.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-21, 22:51

Served my dog some shredded chicken & eggs from a can. Not looking forward to her stinky farts tomorrow.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-22, 00:06

Sorry to interrupt, but can I get a ruling on this?

Mountain Dew Hot Sauce

https://ktla.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/nationworld/mountain-dew-releases-new-hot-sauce-flavor/
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-22, 01:33

Never cared for the pop. Maybe the hot sauce is better.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-22, 09:01

The Pantry wrote:

It's 90% eggs so far.

Picking eggs to be smoked, grilled, or barbecued for a contest on a BBQ forum is kinda silly in my opinion.

But, you won. You get to pick.

Stand your ground. You didn't pick lamb. Fuck lamb. Do your own egg throwdown. Don't let BBQ forum admin nerds control your life.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-22, 13:58

NigelUno wrote:
The Pantry wrote:
The final vote was 20 to 3 in favor of eggs, and I didn't vote.  The admins decided on lamb anyway.

Had no plan to enter the throwdown but now considering lamb and eggs.  Cherry smoke for the lamb and pecan for the eggs.

Picking eggs to be smoked, grilled, or barbecued for a contest on a BBQ forum is kinda silly in my opinion.

But, you won.  You get to pick.  

Stand your ground.  You didn't pick lamb.  Fuck lamb.  Do your own egg throwdown.  Don't let BBQ forum admin nerds control your life.    
Eggs aren't a silly choice.  Easy to work a smoked item in with them.  Also, they're concurrently running a month long Italian TD right now.  Do you know how hard it is to grill spaghetti?  The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 502811600

Have some Australians on the forum.  So far, at least one of them appears to be geeked about lamb as a feature item.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-01-22, 14:27

Turtleneck wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but can I get a ruling on this?

Mountain Dew Hot Sauce

https://ktla.com/news/nexstar-media-wire/nationworld/mountain-dew-releases-new-hot-sauce-flavor/
The Pantry wrote:Never cared for the pop. Maybe the hot sauce is better.

Have you tried the soda?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-01-22, 14:57

The Pantry wrote:
NigelUno wrote:

But, you won.  You get to pick.  

Stand your ground.  You didn't pick lamb.  Fuck lamb.  Do your own egg throwdown.  Don't let BBQ forum admin nerds control your life.    
Eggs aren't a silly choice.  Easy to work a smoked item in with them.  Also, they're concurrently running a month long Italian TD right now.  Do you know how hard it is to grill spaghetti?  The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 502811600

Have some Australians on the forum.  So far, at least one of them appears to be geeked about lamb as a feature item.

Seems like the admin BBQ nerds thought eggs were a silly choice. You can take it sitting down if you want.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-22, 15:43

Turtleneck wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:Sorry to interrupt, but can I get a ruling on this?

Mountain Dew Hot Sauce

The Pantry wrote:Never cared for the pop. Maybe the hot sauce is better.

Have you tried the soda?
You're clearly not from the state of Michigan. New York? Massachusettes?

The only true soda is club.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-01-22, 18:50

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Have you tried the soda?

Baking is also acceptable.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-01-22, 21:35

The Pantry wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Have you tried the soda?

My dad was a mass hole, every visit with his family consisted of 20 min of material on pop vs soda.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-01-25, 19:55

The Pantry wrote:Put up a poll on the BBQ forum asking posters which throwdown they would enter first...eggs or lamb.  The TD administrator (Fieri) apparently got pissed and brought in the owner of the forum to judiciate the situation.  Turned out, he's okay with the poll.

It's 90% eggs so far.  
The landslide win by eggs over lamb apparently got the attention of the admins.

Forum does two types of throwdowns.  One is two weeks long, like the TD I won.  Posters can only submit one entry.  Winner gets to pick (or is supposed to get to pick) the subject of the next two week TD.

The other TD they do is four weeks long.  Posters can submit as many entries as they want.

The admins announced the subject of the next 4 week TD on Monday.  Guess what?  They called it breakfast.  Fuckers stole my idea and changed the name.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-01-26, 00:09

Bought a dozen for 4.89 today. Duck. Saw where the biggest company is up 700%. But they’re sayin it’s the Asian flu.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-01-26, 08:19

DWags wrote:Bought a dozen for 4.89 today.  Duck. Saw where the biggest company is up 700%. But they’re sayin it’s the Asian flu.

My DIL is still selling hers for $2/dozen, duck and chicken. Might not be worth the gas for you to go pick them up though.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

The Pantry and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-01-26, 08:23

DWags wrote:Bought a dozen for 4.89 today. Duck. Saw where the biggest company is up 700%. But they’re sayin it’s the Asian flu.

Soaring profits (who says chickens can't fly?) in face of 47 million birds is confounding.

Bird flu kills close to a record number of poultry in the U.S.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-01-30, 23:32

Anybody up for fish head pie? Put your order in now so you can get it Dec. 23rd—the only day it’s available.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/amp/stargazy-pie-cornwall-uk/index.html
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-02-05, 15:05

Did this last night. Cowboy steak and cowboy butter. Skillet four four Mnutes each side  bake at 425 use thermometer to the done temp you want.

Cowboy butter. 6 Oz butter Mince garlic chop scallion salt pepper parsley thyme. Mix, put on top of steaks out of oven.  

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 Fd6fdb10

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 3332dc10
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-02-05, 16:48

Joey from full house is at the table next to me at Mexican village. Not taking his picture. My wife would kill me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-02-05, 18:36

Did salmon with Simply Marvelous Santa Maria rub/seasoning.  11 minutes on the Ninja Woofire using pecan pellets.  Very good.  Have enough for lunch tomorrow.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 Salmon10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

DWags, aualum06 and Rick Saunders like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2023-02-05, 20:31

The steak and salmon both look really good
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-02-20, 18:58

Life in America is very good The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 502811600

[tw]1626932937777115136[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2023-02-28, 18:20

[tw]1630631813302427648[/tw]
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, The Pantry and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-02-28, 19:10

Dave would be the best next door neighbor ever. I've decided.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-03-05, 12:26

Thinking about getting an Instant Pot. Anyone have experience with them?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-03-05, 12:33

The Pantry wrote:Thinking about getting an Instant Pot. Anyone have experience with them?

Yes. We use it often and it really cuts down in cooking time.

May I add, does anyone have a Sous Vide?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict 2023-03-05, 12:55

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Thinking about getting an Instant Pot. Anyone have experience with them?

No Insta Pot but have been cooking sous vide for years. Like everything it has its place. Pretty mindless and can allow you to deliver excellent quality and extremely consistent results. It also allows you to serve on a pretty exact schedule if timing is an issue. To quote my brother in law "it's almost like cheating."

Kenji Lopez-Alt/Serious Eats is the go to online reference for sous vide cooking.
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-03-05, 13:13

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Thinking about getting an Instant Pot.  Anyone have experience with them?

Curious about the dimension inside bottom of the bowl.  Want to order the smallest one possible but want something at least 8" diameter.  6 quart?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-03-05, 15:17

The Pantry wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

Curious about the dimension inside bottom of the bowl.  Want to order the smallest one possible but want something at least 8" diameter.  6 quart?

Not sure of the dimensions but we have to 8 quart and sometimes it’s too small.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-03-05, 16:08

Motown Spartan wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Not sure of the dimensions but we have to 8 quart and sometimes it’s too small.
What is the inside diameter of the 8 quart bowl?
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-03-05, 17:11

10 incha
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-03-09, 18:15

Ordered the 6 quart yesterday.  Picked up a couple flats, carrots, red potatoes, and cabbage for the test drives.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 52736606142_a599890ef1_w

Thing scheduled to be delivered tomorrow but skeptical that will happen with the predicted snow dump tonight and tomorrow.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-04-30, 20:38

A 2# Delmonico was probably not the best choice for trying a steak on the Woodfire grill for the first time.  Turned out a bit overdone (my fault) but tender and very tasty.  Cherry pellets and SPOG.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 Delmon15

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 Delmon16

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 Delmon17
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry 2023-06-10, 19:39

Never had an In-N-Out burger.  Heard people rave about them for years. Heard about "animal style"but was never clear on what that meant.

The Secret Ingredient to Fast Food-Style Smash Burgers (Psst—You Already Have It)

The article was not specific IMO so went to the BBQ forum for clarification.  Poster from SoCal explained that I-N-O animal style was different from their regular burgers because they are cooked with yellow mustard on one side.  Provided a pic doing them at home.  Makes sense to me.

The Cooking Thread - Paleo - Baking - Grilling - Q - Sushi - Whatcha got? - Page 22 K6xnnp10
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-07-22, 11:53

I am smoking a butt on my gas grill. Cooked for an hour and a half and the gas ran out. Temperature of the butt was 112. Took me 35 minutes to go get a propane tank hooked back up started cooking again. Is that OK? The meat never got cooler than 106 I don’t want to die or kill my wife or in-laws tonight
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 24 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24  Next