Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any pond owners out there? Halp.

+14
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Sponge Worthy
Giant Moose
PinkyTuscadero
Izzo Court
AMwood
Tankster
Roger Waymeth
ROtown Sparty
Nordic
tGreenWay
tTy
WhiteBoyHatcher
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Any pond owners out there? Halp.

Post by GirbaudJeans Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:43 pm

Simple solution here. . Just call Hank.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 Empty Re: Any pond owners out there? Halp.

Post by Charlie Sheen Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:38 pm

AMwood wrote:we have a pond and a pool. the pond would be good for you.
Was just coming to post this. +1
Charlie Sheen
Charlie Sheen
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:34 pm

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

Not really. Wife gets her horsh food up your way in Oxford. There's a Tractor Supply way North off of the Van Dyke expressway.

Other than that....Lowes, Home Depot and a bunch of nurseries - Bordines, English Gardens, etc.

This is where I get my shit. Not sure how small of a bag they sell.

http://www.oxfordfarmandgarden.com

Gotta be something in your hood. Google map farm and garden or water softner supply stores... they may sell it as well
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:48 pm

Google...

https://www.google.com/search?q=copper+sulfate&safe=off&client=chrome-mobile&espvd=1&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sboxchip=Shopping&sa=X&ei=WeK9U8LIEtanyAS7rYLoBg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=567

5lbs will probably last you your lifetime.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:43 pm

Sponge Worthy wrote:

It's chlorine. It isn't very toxic at all. Hence it's universal use  Neutral 

Uhhh, you serious Clark?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:56 pm

Nordic wrote:

This is where I get my shit. Not sure how small of a bag they sell.

http://www.oxfordfarmandgarden.com

Gotta be something in your hood. Google map farm and garden or water softner supply stores... they may sell it as well

That's actually where we buy the horsh grain and hay cubes. Not far from the barn at all. I'll just have her grab some next week when she's going out. Thanks, Nordy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:19 am

GirbaudJeans wrote:Simple solution here. . Just call Hank.

Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 Any pond owners out there? Halp.  - Page 2 1966794946 
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:22 pm

Uncle Luke's to the rescue.

Wyff went to get horsh feed at O F&G and they only had a 30 lb bag of the stuff. $130.

Stopped into Uncle Luke's today. Bingo. 5 lb canister. I dumped some in today. We'll see.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tanfan! Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:35 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:I will try the bleach thing. I have some so should be easy.

The local lowes here in Orlando has off the fix ins for making a pond. Their pond has koi and turtles in it and my kids go bonkers every time we head over to pick up light bulbs and shit. So, if it were me, I would ask one of their employees how to keep the algae out. In florida with this heat the pond would be full of algae in about thirty seconds. So, there has to be some kind of chemical that keeps the algae away and keep the feish feeling some type of way.
tanfan!
tanfan!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:00 pm

Tanfan! wrote:

The local lowes here in Orlando has off the fix ins for making a pond.  Their pond has koi and turtles in it and my kids go bonkers every time we head over to pick up light bulbs and shit. So, if it were me, I would ask one of their employees how to keep the algae out.  In florida with this heat the pond would be full of algae in about thirty seconds.  So, there has to be some kind of chemical that keeps the algae away and keep the feish feeling some type of way.  

Trust me, man, our Lowes people don't know shit. There are two places around here with really nice pond shops - and I can't think of the name of either of them. But the place on Hamlin and Rochester Rd in Rochester Hills and the place on the East side I mentioned earlier. They just try to sell me their shit algae reducing products or plants, and none of them work.

This copper sulfate stuff worked like steroid algae killer. In less than a day I can see every speck of dirt in the bottom of my little pond. Problem is I think I used to much because everything has a blue tint (the crystals are blue). Anyway, thanks Nordy.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:09 am

My pond seems to lose water pretty quickly, seems like it goes down an inch every day or two. Is this normal evaporation or should I be worried about a hole in my liner or something?
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:25 am

Yeah, you probably have a hole in the liner.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:53 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah, you probably have a hole in the liner.

What makes you say that? How much evaporation should I expect with a 1,000 gallon pond? If it is a hole any idea how to find it and patch it?
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:58 am

Well I had that same issue a few years ago and I had a hole. I don't think it should evaporate at that rate. If you are seeing the level stay the same after a certain point you probably have a hole near the top. I don't know how to find or fix it....I actually paid someone to reline mine because it was small enough and the lining was super old. I do think the pond shops sell patching stuff.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty Fri Jul 18, 2014 10:36 am

Well I don't want to let it get too low and that would be bad for the pump. I guess I can look for some wet spots around the pond and look for a leak in the waterfall/river area but I haven't noticed any. My guess is I'll probably live with it.

After a little research waterfalls, plants, and sunlight can lead to higher evaporation, and my pond has all of those. So it could be normal but it does seem like a lot sometimes.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponge Worthy Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:02 am

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Well I had that same issue a few years ago and I had a hole. I don't think it should evaporate at that rate. If you are seeing the level stay the same after a certain point you probably have a hole near the top. I don't know how to find or fix it....I actually paid someone to reline mine because it was small enough and the lining was super old. I do think the pond shops sell patching stuff.

I'd told myself and the wife that when my newly lined one starts to lose water..and it will..the thing is getting filled with dirt and rocks and she can plant whatever the fock she wants in there. There is always evaporation, so I have a hose dripping into ours. When it "goes", it's quite obvious. And finding a hole or whatever is wrong is a PITA and I will never get so much enjoyment out of some flowing water that I'll want to dismember all these rocks and get another liner and do it all over again.

So yesterday morning, after a run of about 13 weeks of good running, there goes the water level  scratch **** it, I'm out...

Sponge Worthy
Sponge Worthy
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2