Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?

+17
By-Tor
DWags
Wally Fairway
Robert J Sakimano
InTenSity
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
SawGreen
Other Teams Pursuing That
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
kingstonlake
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?  - Page 2 Empty Re: You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:09 pm

Okay, I’ll play along:

If I’m in charge, the offense wouldn’t need fixing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?  - Page 2 Empty Re: You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?

Post by The Pantry Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:13 pm

steveschneider wrote:Part two question, with current talent how do you fix this offense for the remainder of the season?
Punt on 1st down.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:28 pm

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Part two question, with current talent how do you fix this offense for the remainder of the season?
Punt on 1st down.

I think we should flat out quit punting.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:38 pm

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Punt on 1st down.

Here’s statistical evidence that says don’t ever punt
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:40 pm

steveschneider wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Punt on 1st down.

The D has a better chance of scoring.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:00 am

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Here’s statistical evidence that says don’t ever punt

We should hire that guy and I can't believe he's available.

I love his take that you should onside kick every time. Hell yes.

Here’s my take:

Go up tempo
Spread the field
Throw the ball like 95% of your plays and go deep most of them
Never punt
Onside kick everytime

I’d destroy traditional sissy football that involves punting, kicking, and prevent defense.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:19 am

The Pantry wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

The D has a better chance of scoring.

The D hasn't been playing all that great lately.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:31 am

Today's question part #3 who do we blame? The coaching, the injuries, the talent? All of the above?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:40 am

steveschneider wrote:Today's question part #3 who do we blame? The coaching, the injuries, the talent? All of the above?

I blame message board posters.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:56 am

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Today's question part #3 who do we blame? The coaching, the injuries, the talent? All of the above?

I blame message board posters.

Yeah, there's a few that have a problem with being good teammates and moving in the same direction. No question about it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:08 pm

I've said it before and I'll say it again. One word: Neon

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?  - Page 2 7900da34-b4fc-4abc-8bb6-9a98ade3fbcc-DSC_4920
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:52 pm

Neon.

And Lane Kiffin.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:15 pm

Nordic wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. One word: Neon

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?  - Page 2 7900da34-b4fc-4abc-8bb6-9a98ade3fbcc-DSC_4920
I'll take it one step further than this..

recruit a guy.. preferably someone who can run in the 4.3-4.4 range.. named "Leon".

Lady and Gentleman of tSwill, I give you "Neon Leon".

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?  - Page 2 Screen+Shot+2019-08-07+at+1.18.56+PM

then recruit someone who can throw him the ball.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:31 pm

Let's just make neon our official shade of green. We could probably get some Hi-Liter sponsorship deals, maybe up the recruiting budget a little. I'm talking myself into this now.

#SpartansWillWearNeon
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 am

Today's question, you are in charge of replacing all of our offensive coordinators who do you go out and get?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:47 am

steveschneider wrote:Today's question, you are in charge of replacing all of our offensive coordinators who do you go out and get?

Jason Garrett and Jay Gruden.

Or Lane Kiffin.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:52 am

NigelUno wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Today's question, you are in charge of replacing all of our offensive coordinators who do you go out and get?

Jason Garrett and Jay Gruden.

Or Lane Kiffin.

All three!
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:55 am

Sean McVay and Kyle Shanahan
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:58 am

Some serious pearl clutching in this thread.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:02 am

Steve Sarkisian.

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:10 am

What about getting John L. Smith back as an OC?

Here's the thing he was half right. When he said in football at the end of the game the team with the most points wins. I thought that was really profound. The thing is Dantonio has what JLS lacked, what JLS failed to understand is that you also have to stop the other team from scoring. Seems like the two would make the perfect yen and yang.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:16 am

Cameron looks more and more right every day
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:19 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:Cameron looks more and more right every day

You Are In Charge How Do You Fix the Offense?  - Page 2 502811600

I've stayed out of this thread.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:24 am

Question what do you do about the qb situation? Lombardi is not the answer. Tell me about Day? I think the best bet is to stick with Lewerke.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:36 am

steveschneider wrote:Question what do you do about the qb situation? Lombardi is not the answer. Tell me about Day? I think the best bet is to stick with Lewerke.

Lewerke is the best qb on campus. He’s not getting better because I’m guessing he’s not being pushed very hard. Next year if Day isn’t good we are not going to be much better in offense.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:54 am

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Question what do you do about the qb situation? Lombardi is not the answer. Tell me about Day? I think the best bet is to stick with Lewerke.

Lewerke is the best qb on campus. He’s not getting better because I’m guessing he’s not being pushed very hard. Next year if Day isn’t good we are not going to be much better in offense.

The best Bet next year has to be Day. Start working towards the future now? My thoughts are wait until offseason when the OL is healthy and we have a new offensive coordinator (I hope).
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:32 am

Bold ass prediction. A transfer portal QB will start. By Mark Danstubborn will probably hand the keys to Lombardi.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:34 am

steveschneider wrote:
DWags wrote:

The best Bet next year has to be Day. Start working towards the future now? My thoughts are wait until offseason when the OL is healthy and we have a new offensive coordinator (I hope).
Whether the OC is the same or not, even if the OL is healthy, that doesn't make them good. Will need some massive off season development or any QB is going to look bad when they're running for their life.

And if receivers can't get open and can't catch the ball when they do get open (both huge problems this year), then no QB is going to look very good.

On the bright side, I felt that we started to move toward the future yesterday in the WR dept. Stewart was largely benched (or at least didn't catch a pass) by late in the 2nd quarter. Tre Mosely looked good. Barnett has promise. Nailor hopefully develops more to add to his speed (and maybe takes a red shirt). But are any going to develop into big play guys? Who knows? This position has had shitty luck the last few years in a variety of ways (assholes, lack of development, assholes, injuries, and assholes).
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:58 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Whether the OC is the same or not, even if the OL is healthy, that doesn't make them good. Will need some massive off season development or any QB is going to look bad when they're running for their life.

And if receivers can't get open and can't catch the ball when they do get open (both huge problems this year), then no QB is going to look very good.

On the bright side, I felt that we started to move toward the future yesterday in the WR dept. Stewart was largely benched (or at least didn't catch a pass) by late in the 2nd quarter. Tre Mosely looked good. Barnett has promise. Nailor hopefully develops more to add to his speed (and maybe takes a red shirt). But are any going to develop into big play guys? Who knows? This position has had shitty luck the last few years in a variety of ways (assholes, lack of development, assholes, injuries, and assholes).

Yeah, looking back on the glory years we had pro talent at qb and wr. This year I don’t even think we have xfl or cfl talent at those positions.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:07 pm

I would let Lewerke know he’s not going to see as much PT and give Lombard and Day some series with plays they run best in practice. Might be run options with Lombardi and more pass plays.

Can’t lose either to The Portal lurking whether Dantonio and/or his offensive staff are around for 2020.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:14 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:I would let Lewerke know he’s not going to see as much PT and give Lombard and Day some series with plays they run best in practice. Might be run options with Lombardi and more pass plays.

Can’t lose either to The Portal lurking whether Dantonio and/or his offensive staff are around for 2020.

With the starting job open next year I’d expect them to stay and battle it out. No?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2