Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tOfficial, just kick us in the nuts, World Series thread.

+10
Watch Out Pylon!
InTenSity
pulling69
Other Teams Pursuing That
Travis of the Cosmos
steveschneider
WhiteBoyHatcher
tGreenWay
aualum06
DWags
14 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

tOfficial, just kick us in the nuts, World Series thread.  - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial, just kick us in the nuts, World Series thread.

Post by DWags Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:56 pm

steveschneider wrote:Nats are Grinders. They were starting to get to Grienke. This is the same talk all the way back to Kershaw. You pull him or leave him in and Nats produce results and everyone is bitching about the manager. Bottom line they just have good bats.

Not disagreeing with the fact they’re grinders. Might have had the same success against him. However why do you pull a guy who has given up two hits and is throwing 64 every other pitch.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

tOfficial, just kick us in the nuts, World Series thread.  - Page 6 Empty Re: tOfficial, just kick us in the nuts, World Series thread.

Post by DWags Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:06 pm

Tough task now.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:08 pm

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Nats are Grinders. They were starting to get to Grienke. This is the same talk all the way back to Kershaw. You pull him or leave him in and Nats produce results and everyone is bitching about the manager. Bottom line they just have good bats.

Not disagreeing with the fact they’re grinders. Might have had the same success against him. However why do you pull a guy who has given up two hits and is throwing 64 every other pitch.

I don’t think Grienke has gone deep in any of the games and Smoltz mentioned earlier he’d be out soon. Looking at the Houston BP though I’ll concede going to with Grienke longer was probably a better option but I’m using hind sight.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:09 pm

I do think that sooner or later though the Nats would light up Grienke too.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:11 pm

I want to be invested in a game like this again soon. Fuck that Texas tech game
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:14 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I want to be invested in a game like this again soon. Fuck that Texas tech game

Ugh that is a memory I’ve been repressing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:21 pm

DWags wrote:

Hinch is channeling Sparky.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:24 pm

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Pulling or tugging?

You seem abnormally focused on sexual innuendos lately. Everything ok? tOfficial, just kick us in the nuts, World Series thread.  - Page 6 1550444538

It’s been awhile.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:26 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:I want to be invested in a game like this again soon. Fuck that Texas tech game

Still too soon. They shut us down like I hadn’t seen before.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:28 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Fuck. Try being there and watching guys who were tough as nails seem intimidated by the TT defense down low.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:30 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

I don’t think there’s any direction they go. Maybe Cole gets them three outs but Nats proving they are gettingat whoever they throw at them.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:33 pm

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Fuck. Try being there and watching guys who were tough as nails seem intimidated by the TT defense down low.

Can’t imagine. They were just smothered and coach had no answer. I honestly can’t remember an Izzo team that was so overwhelmed by a defense, and I’m not talking about the obvious 5-star talent of the blue bloods we’ve lost to. I hope TI has figured it out for this year.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:35 pm

steveschneider wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

I don’t think there’s any direction they go. Maybe Cole gets them three outs but Nats proving they are gettingat whoever they throw at them.

Yeah, Nats’ bats woke up. Hinch moved too soon, but you can’t unring the bell. He’ll get heat he deserves.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:42 pm

Never should have pulled him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:43 pm

Captain hindsights are out tonight!

Rally caps!!!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:44 pm

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Captain hindsights are out tonight!

Rally caps!!!

FTR. I said he had six more outs in him.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:50 pm

DWags wrote:

Rally caps!!!

FTR. I said he had six more outs in him.

I do recall. Damnit was rooting for the stros. 2 runs not going to be enough a lot of the time.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:52 pm

Happy for Scherzer.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:53 pm

Fuck the interviews. Let them celebrate.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:59 pm

Glad all the great former Tiger pitchers got a ring now. Bummer it didn’t happen in Detroit.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:00 am

DWags wrote:Happy for Scherzer.

Same here. Him and Sanchez were my main motivation going for the Nats.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:14 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Fuck the interviews. Let them celebrate.

I miss the old days when maniac fans would run out on the field to celebrate. Reggie Jackson leveling that one dude is a classic moment of October magic.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:25 am

Big papi and crew are pretty solid.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:27 am

Realizing DC has had quite the run.

2018 Stanley cup
2019 WNBA champs
2019 World Series
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:54 am

And then there are the Bullets and the Redskins.....Everyone is this town has turned on the Skins, hard. It is great to watch.

PS Locals tried to bandwagon on with the Virginia Cavaliers title as well, there are so few real UVA fans though.
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by pulling69 Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:28 am

tOfficial, just kick us in the nuts, World Series thread.  - Page 6 Bryce10
pulling69
pulling69
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:52 am

Rally caps!!!

Hinch should already be fired. Sad he cost his team a title
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:30 am

aualum06 wrote:

Rally caps!!!

Hinch should already be fired. Sad he cost his team a title

I read an argument last night just about the World Series in general that made sense to me.

There hasn’t been a single back to back winner in the 21st century. Look at the wild card game vs Milwaukee Nats barely won it. This years team was lucky. Look at 2017 when the Nats had a good team and the league admitted a bad call cost them the wild card game in the fifth inning. That team was unlucky.

The point is winning the World Series involves luck. Also, regarding Houston their two aces dropped games 1, 2 and 6. They left over ten runners stranded on base last night, their CF had a bad error last night, their bullpen was leaky and regarding Kendrick vs Harris. Watching it again Kendrick had the pitch down and away. Kendrick had an incredible swing that caught the ball low, sent it flying along the edge of the park and hit the foul poll for two runs. A little more to the right that’s a foul. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:01 pm

Cole checked out of Houston in a hurry
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6