Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does anyone know the criteria for immediate eligibility vs making a kid wait?

+3
tGreenWay
I.B. Fine
DWags
7 posters

Go down

Does anyone know the criteria for immediate eligibility vs making a kid wait? Empty Does anyone know the criteria for immediate eligibility vs making a kid wait?

Post by DWags 2019-11-02, 10:07

I see where some kid from Kentucky to Washington was immediately eligible. It seems so arbitrary to me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know the criteria for immediate eligibility vs making a kid wait? Empty Re: Does anyone know the criteria for immediate eligibility vs making a kid wait?

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-11-02, 10:14

DWags wrote:I see where some kid from Kentucky to Washington was immediately eligible. It seems so arbitrary to me.
Of course not, we all know the NCAA is totally ethical and transparent...

Wink
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Does anyone know the criteria for immediate eligibility vs making a kid wait? Empty Re: Does anyone know the criteria for immediate eligibility vs making a kid wait?

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-02, 11:05

I thought this thread was going to be about virginity.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-02, 11:18

I.B. Fine wrote:
DWags wrote:I see where some kid from Kentucky to Washington was immediately eligible. It seems so arbitrary to me.
Of course not, we all know the NCAA is totally ethical and transparent...

Wink

I bet it comes down to bribes.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-11-02, 11:24

http://www.yesnobutton.com/answer.html
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2019-11-02, 12:08

There is a flow chart actually.

I can't find it right now but from what I recall it looks something like:

NOTRE DAME/OSU/UM/KENTUCKY/DUKE/NORTH CAROLINA/ALABAMA >>>>>>>>YES

MICHIGAN STATE >>>>>>>>>>NO
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-02, 13:50

I mean the NCA should have specific rules you can look at to say yes or no. But whatever. Fuck them. We’re getting to the FF anyway.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2019-11-02, 14:00

I have a love hate thing for college sports. Deep love of Alma mater keeps me tuning in, the bullshit annoys the fuck out of me.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-11-02, 18:13

It is actually pretty simple and not a nefarious as everyone thinks.

First the kid needs "documented mitigating circumstances that are outside the student-athlete's control and directly impact the health, safety and well-being of the student-athlete."

The NCAA will then consult the team he is transferring from and ask if they want to refute/fight the waiver. If they are cool with it, they will likely be granted eligibilty.

So 90% of the approved cases you see, the other school said "fuck it, let him play". Coach Cal is sending a message to recruits that he's not going to block you.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2019-11-02, 18:22

Re: Hauser

My guess is his reason is pretty weak and Marquette is not giving it their full blessing. From what I remember, ithr reason sounded like lockeroom dynamics. Not exactly a 'well-being' issue. From what I can tell from Rivals is they've gone through a couple rounds of appeals and/or more info gathering.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down