Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards?

+5
y2kMgrad
DWags
Other Teams Pursuing That
kingstonlake
tGreenWay
9 posters

Go down

Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? Empty Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards?

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-03, 20:21

For example: Back in college I bought a couple of used sofas for my rooms, and didn’t think twice about it. These days, it wouldn’t cross my mind, mainly because sometimes I bury my face in the cushions, and I’ve become hyper-aware that my nose would be right where someone else’s ass was (dressed or naked). Or that a cat might have curled up there and trigger my allergy.

But now, here I am considering the purchase of used prescription eyeglass frames because there’s a specific style I like that’s not available anymore. Is that too intimate of a product to be sticking on my face, considering the previous owner(s) did the same for hours on end? Even if I clean them vigorously, there’s still likely going to be stranger goop in places I may have missed. I’ve never thought of myself as a germaphobe, but this has me wondering.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? Empty Re: Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards?

Post by kingstonlake 2019-11-03, 20:47

Cut the chase Greenway. How much for the wife?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? Empty Re: Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards?

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-03, 20:50

kingstonlake wrote:Cut the chase Greenway. How much for the wife?

I’m going to need a look under the hood before making you an offer.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-11-03, 21:17

Can we see the frames?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-03, 21:20

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:Can we see the frames?

This. I mean I didn’t know there was a market for that. But if there is, good on you if they look good and you save a hundy or so.
But let us see them so we can tell you how fucked up you are.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2019-11-03, 21:24

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Cut the chase Greenway. How much for the wife?

As is my friend. It’s like buying one of those storage units on that reality show.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-03, 21:51

Just google any photo of Harry Caray and you’ll see the style. Well, try to avoid any pics from the last twenty years, because they won’t look as good on him and you’ll be kind of grossed out.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-03, 21:53

DWags wrote:

This. I mean I didn’t know there was a market for that. But if there is, good on you if they look good and you save a hundy or so.
But let us see them so we can tell you how fucked up you are.

Neither did I until I needed to update my prescription and the choices for new frames was even worse than the last time I got some about five years ago. Turns out, there’s a pretty decent offering on eBay and Etsy of new and used.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-03, 21:54

tGreenWay wrote:

Just google any photo of Harry Caray and you’ll see the style. Well, try to avoid any pics from the last twenty years, because they won’t look as good on him and you’ll be kind of grossed out.

Are you going for fucking Mr. Magoo? For fucks sake. Ima sleep with your wife just to teach you a lesson.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-03, 22:02

kingstonlake wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

As is my friend. It’s like buying one of those storage units on that reality show.

What I hear you saying is Mrs. Kingston has a really big box. That’s a hard pass, bro.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by y2kMgrad 2019-11-03, 22:09

Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? 0722_harry_caray
y2kMgrad
y2kMgrad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-03, 22:10

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Are you going for fucking Mr. Magoo? For fucks sake. Ima sleep with your wife just to teach you a lesson.

I was going for Harry Caray, but Mr. Magoo is even better. And good luck finding Mrs. GreenWay. She’s working outside of EL tomorrow.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-03, 22:14

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

I was going for Harry Caray, but Mr. Magoo is even better. And good luck finding Mrs. GreenWay. She’s working outside of EL tomorrow.

That old guy from Up maybe.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-03, 22:16

y2kMgrad wrote:Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? 0722_harry_caray

Great photo. I think imma stick with Harry. Mr. Magoo’s nose is way bigger than mine.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-03, 22:17

DWags wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Never seen it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2019-11-03, 22:37

You're watching Curb... are you going for LD's father?

Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? Shelley-berman-dead-curb-your-enthusiasm-larrys-dad
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-03, 23:15

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:You're watching Curb... are you going for LD's father?

Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? Shelley-berman-dead-curb-your-enthusiasm-larrys-dad

Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? 502811600 Very close to the Harry Caray style. Looks good to me, but I might need glasses to get a better look.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-11-04, 06:08

Stay away from this style, they make you look dumb.
Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? Harbaugh4
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2019-11-04, 07:13

I didn’t read your post greenway just buy the damn needles it’s fine
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2019-11-04, 08:21

tGreenWay wrote:
DWags wrote:

Never seen it.

Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? Ae9e0b10

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-11-04, 18:32

I have some of Bob’s underwear, but I took those at the Cotton Bowl watch party. I like to wear them on my head.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-04, 20:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I didn’t read your post greenway just buy the damn needles it’s fine

I never buy used needles, but I sell them by the armful.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-04, 20:25

Jake from State Farm wrote:Stay away from this style, they make you look dumb.
Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? Harbaugh4

With or without glasses, looking dumb is one of my life’s curses.
However, I wasn’t able to see the pic you posted because it’s too big. I even switched to web version from mobile, but all I could see was an ear.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-04, 20:26

Turtleneck wrote:I have some of Bob’s underwear, but I took those at the Cotton Bowl watch party. I like to wear them on my head.

So you’re not even selling them? What a useless post. Get out of this thread.

Sheesh.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2019-11-04, 20:37

tGreenWay wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:I have some of Bob’s underwear, but I took those at the Cotton Bowl watch party. I like to wear them on my head.

Sheesh.

One of them has a brown stain that looks like Jesus. Those might be for sale. Make me an offer.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2019-11-04, 20:50

Turtleneck wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Sheesh.

One of them has a brown stain that looks like Jesus. Those might be for sale. Make me an offer.

I couldn’t do that to Bob. He’s going to want that one back.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2019-11-04, 21:02

How about these frames?
Buying new or used: When is it okay to purchase someone else’s discards? 75094510
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2019-11-05, 06:24

tGreenWay wrote:
Jake from State Farm wrote:Stay away from this style, they make you look dumb.

With or without glasses, looking dumb is one of my life’s curses.
However, I wasn’t able to see the pic you posted because it’s too big. I even switched to web version from mobile, but all I could see was an ear.

right click - view pic
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down