Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

+30
FatFingers
Motown Spartan
Stoops21
Wally Fairway
CheesySpartan
pulling69
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
Martin Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
DWags
tGreenWay
TheReal_LWS
The_Dude
steveschneider
tTito
LoneWolfSparty
Frank Ricard
Blanch32
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
75alum
Floyd Robertson
tTy
34 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? Empty Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

Post by tTy Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:17 pm

I'm not a gold bug or an En Of The World Is Meow, guy, but I like to buy and hold some PM's (physical possession, not in some fuckin hypothetical vault in God Damn Singapore or some shit) because it is fun and PM's are cool as shit just to have. I have bought ASE's, AGE's, bars (big and small), non-descript rounds, junk silver coins, etc, but I'm torn as to whether or not I should pay the premium over spot and get the Eagles or just go for the damn generic bars for = volume. I keep going back and forth, almost every time I buy as to whether or not paying a large premium (%-wise) to get the fucking Eagles is worth it in the long run.

Thoughts and anecdotes? Advice? Condescending remarks always welcome as well...

Where do you buy? What is your strategy? What is your objective in collecting/investing, and how are you going to get there w/r/t PM's?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? Empty Re: Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

Post by Floyd Robertson Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:57 am

I bought a lot of gold for my ex wife. Worst investment ever.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? Empty Re: Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

Post by 75alum Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:08 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:I bought a lot of gold for my ex wife. Worst investment ever.
Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 502811600
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:57 am

The price difference is $4 or so? With the way silver has been dropping they're not much of an investment right now.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:01 am

I prefer to stock up on canned goods, gas masks, weapons, bibles and processed meat stix.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:43 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I prefer to stock up on canned goods, gas masks, weapons, bibles and processed meat stix.

So you're hosting the next tailgate?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:45 am

Turtleneck wrote:

So you're hosting the next tailgate?
yeah.. give me some time though. I have to attend tRCMB surplus sale in hopes of acquiring some jorts..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:47 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:yeah.. give me some time though. I have to attend tRCMB surplus sale in hopes of acquiring some jorts..

Please get me a braided belt. I will pay you back at the Cotton Bowl.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:51 am

No vaccine for stupid.

This was in the wrong thread.... In this case, I say Obla Di Obla Da Life goes on brah.

Do what you want. A lot of people made a shit ton more money betting against the last gold bubble than made investing in gold.

Last edited by Rocinante on Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:52 am

Turtleneck wrote:

Please get me a braided belt. I will pay you back at the Cotton Bowl.
you got it..

look for me.. I'll be the fully grown adult male going out in public and masking my insecurities with a super hero costume..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:55 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:you got it..

look for me.. I'll be the fully grown adult male going out in public and masking my insecurities with a super hero costume..

So you will not be the guy with the tucked in jersey?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:00 am

Turtleneck wrote:

So you will not be the guy with the tucked in jersey?
no - I prefer to display my emotional and intellectual "gifts" in a bit more flamboyant fashion.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:06 am

Dumb. Now you need a kick ass personal vault
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:19 am

tTy wrote:I'm not a gold bug or an En Of The World Is Meow, guy, but I like to buy and hold some PM's (physical possession, not in some fuckin hypothetical vault in God Damn Singapore or some shit) because it is fun and PM's are cool as shit just to have. I have bought ASE's, AGE's, bars (big and small), non-descript rounds, junk silver coins, etc, but I'm torn as to whether or not I should pay the premium over spot and get the Eagles or just go for the damn generic bars for = volume. I keep going back and forth, almost every time I buy as to whether or not paying a large premium (%-wise) to get the fucking Eagles is worth it in the long run.

Thoughts and anecdotes? Advice? Condescending remarks always welcome as well...

Where do you buy? What is your strategy? What is your objective in collecting/investing, and how are you going to get there w/r/t PM's?

I don't have physical possession of any metals, but I do own them in a fund which has other commodities besides metals in it. I have no interest in holding the physical asset, but for those that do, have at it. I keep mine around 10% of my holdings. Sometimes, like this year, it's held back my returns, but in other years it has the potential to outperform the equity or bond holdings I have.

I use basically ETFs. You can invest in practically anything with those things now, even going into PMs or going short. But if you like having some gold/silver laying around, as long as it isn't too much of a % of your holdings. cool.

Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:20 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:The price difference is $4 or so? With the way silver has been dropping they're not much of an investment right now.

When you say "price difference" are you talking = premium over spot?  I can get ASE's @ ~$2.XX over spot...

Also, RE: "Not much of an investment right now" due to price drops... when do you like to purchase investments?  When they seem super expensive?  I don't.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:23 am

Everything I touch turns to gold. No need to buy it.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:24 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Everything I touch turns to gold. No need to buy it.

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? Goldmember
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:43 am

tTy wrote:

When you say "price difference" are you talking = premium over spot?  I can get ASE's @ ~$2.XX over spot...

Also, RE: "Not much of an investment right now" due to price drops... when do you like to purchase investments?  When they seem super expensive?  I don't.

The price has been dropping since July, but if you want to chase it to the bottom be my guest.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:23 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:

The price has been dropping since July, but if you want to chase it to the bottom be my guest.

Yeah, gold peaked at about $1,350.00 this past summer. It's been under $1,200.00 recently but back up to $1,220.00 right now. Silver has been going down pretty steadily.

I usually go to the ATM once a week and withdraw $100 walking around money. I hardly spend any of it so when I've accumulated several hundred dollars I trade the 20s for 100s. When I start accumulating 100s I buy a money order and mail it to one of the big PM mail order business for a gold eagle or sleaves of silver eagles. I like eagles because I figure they will be the easiest to sell if I have to. I was thinking of maple leaves next time just for the hell of it. I like the Chinese Pandas too. Come to think of it, I think it's time to start diversifying.

I figure I go in at both good times and bad times, but that's what I do with my 401K, bi-weekly payroll withholding, so WTF. It's sort of a hobby for me, I just think the coins are cool to look at and fondle.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:02 pm

Silver.com is selling 1 oz. Sunshine Buffalo Rounds for $17.92 which is only .79 over spot.

http://www.silver.com/silver-bullion/silver-rounds/

Just went down to $17.77 so I went in. Shipping was $8.95.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Fri Dec 12, 2014 11:57 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:

This. Learned my lesson on oil 2 weeks ago. Buy on dips not crashes
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:49 pm

tTito wrote:Silver.com is selling 1 oz. Sunshine Buffalo Rounds for $17.92 which is only .79 over spot.

http://www.silver.com/silver-bullion/silver-rounds/

Just went down to $17.77 so I went in. Shipping was $8.95.

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 3493939353 Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 3493939353 Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 3493939353 Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 3493939353 Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 3493939353

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 3742235224

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? Skull-new

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 502811600 Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 502811600 Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 502811600 Why?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:53 pm

Yeah, I saw that and thought, who the fuck would buy that?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:28 pm

silver just took a decent pummeling.... I might pick some more up here if it takes another shit. Still kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on a 200 ounce order I had queued up a couple days ago when it was 14.50 = spot.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:01 pm

Stock market is taking a beating and yet gold and silver drift downward.....Shocked
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:00 pm

tTito wrote:Stock market is taking a beating and yet gold and silver drift downward.....Shocked

The stock market isn't even close to "taking a beating" yet, Homie. That shit is so fucking over priced right now, it isn't even funny.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:45 pm

tTy wrote:

The stock market isn't even close to "taking a beating" yet, Homie. That shit is so fucking over priced right now, it isn't even funny.

Truth.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:14 am

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

Truth.

Not truth. Only certain tech stocks are expensive. The market is a buy right now. Only idiots are afraid of lower gas prices
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:26 am

Doesn't the stock market historically tend to drop at the end of the year?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:46 am

steveschneider wrote:Doesn't the stock market historically tend to drop at the end of the year?

Strangely the opposite.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:43 pm

I finally have enough mad money saved to buy a 100 oz. silver bar, but the spot price went up almost $2.00 since last week. Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 4177874726
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Tue Jan 20, 2015 1:51 pm

I love those gold commercials.

Hey, the stock market is going to crash at some point in the future...I can't tell you even remotely close to when it will occur, but it will! Buy gold now to avoid the crash! Rolling Eyes
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:33 pm

tTito wrote:I finally have enough mad money saved to buy a 100 oz. silver bar, but the spot price went up almost $2.00 since last week. Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? 4177874726

If you buy bars you have to worry about losing them. Get a custom grill made instead.
Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? Maxresdefault
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:40 pm

The_Dude wrote:I love those gold commercials.

Hey, the stock market is going to crash at some point in the future...I can't tell you even remotely close to when it will occur, but it will! Buy gold now to avoid the crash! Rolling Eyes

Cool. Thanks. I'll keep making bi-weekly contributions to my 401K (I do that no matter if the market is up or down) and then spend a little hedge money on gold and silver only when the market tanks. You're advice is appreciated!!
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:19 am

I just bought 2 of these.  Pretty fucking good deal.  Free shipping.  $17.87 per ounce in 100 ounce bars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371220564612?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:25 am

tTy wrote:I just bought 2 of these.  Pretty fucking good deal.  Free shipping.  $17.87 per ounce in 100 ounce bars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/371220564612?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not a bad deal, they're a little cheaper since they sell cadaver silver.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue Mar 03, 2015 12:43 am

Picking them up tomorrow from the post office = nobody home to sign today.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:27 am

I may buy some of these, even though they're over-priced, just because I like them:

http://www.providentmetals.com/molon-labe-1-oz-silver-rounds.html

And I did buy one of these:

http://www.silver.com/5-oz-ntr-metals-silver-bullets/

Gotta have little fun with your stack.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:38 pm

I just bought 3 100 ounce bars cuz.......
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:21 pm

tTy wrote:I just bought 3 100 ounce bars cuz.......

clown
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next