Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US

+6
DWags
kingstonlake
NigelUno
tGreenWay
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
10 posters

Go down

These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US Empty These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US

Post by The Pantry 2021-12-22, 10:13

US-41 the only non-interstate.

These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US — don’t drive them with your guard down

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US Empty Re: These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2021-12-22, 10:19

7 of those 10 also are in the top 10 longest highways in the country…. Long highway, more deaths on said highway. Doesn’t really make it more dangerous than any other road though.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US Empty Re: These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-22, 10:27

Challenge accepted. 🚙
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2021-12-22, 10:37

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:7 of those 10 also are in the top 10 longest highways in the country…. Long highway, more deaths on said highway. Doesn’t really make it more dangerous than any other road though.

The roads are ranked by number of fatalities per 100 miles.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-22, 11:43

Where did the Hersey highway finish on that list?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-22, 12:04

kingstonlake wrote:Where did the Hersey highway finish on that list?

It didn’t. Nobody was willing to go through your poopy-smelling pile of dirty underwear. Not even in the name of research. These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US 2809484752
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2021-12-22, 12:24

tGreenWay wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Where did the Hersey highway finish on that list?

It didn’t. Nobody was willing to go through your poopy-smelling pile of dirty underwear. Not even in the name of research. These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US 2809484752

I hope you buy a cabin on an island that sinks into Lake Michigan. These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US 2809484752
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2021-12-22, 12:27

Wow, I’m on some of those frequently. I don’t know if Allstate insurance still does this, but they used to take the 10 most dangerous intersections in America, based on volume of traffic and accidents, and give those communities a couple of hundred thousand dollars to work the intersection and make it safer. One year it was 23 mile and Gratiot. That was about 15 years ago and I think they really did a good job fixing that intersection
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2021-12-22, 12:32

I-75 starts near Michigan’s Mackinac Bridge and runs southwest to Miami, hitting Detroit, Cincinnati, Atlanta, Tampa and several other major cities along the way.

Forget about the UP again, dudes?  This is becoming tiresome.

How far is Sault Ste Marie (Michigan) from Mackinaw City (Michigan)? Here's the quick answer if you make this quick drive without any stops. Of course, traffic is going to make a big difference These are the 10 most dangerous roads in the US 1f605 so make sure you check that before leaving.

Nonstop drive: 57 miles

North of the Mackinac Bridge, I-75 passes to the west of downtown St. Ignace, traveling between the Father Marquette National Memorial and Straits State Park. There is an interchange north of the toll plaza that marks the eastern end of US 2 in the state and the southern end of BL I-75. The LMCT departs I-75 to follow US 2 while the LHCT follows BL I-75 through town. The freeway curves around Chain Lake and the Mackinac County Airport and meets the northern end of the business loop near Castle Rock; the LHCT returns to I-75 at that interchange as well. Continuing northward, M-123 (Tahquamenon Trail) intersects from the west as the freeway parallels H-63 (Mackinac Trail), the former route of US 2. I-75 crosses the Carp River and follows the shores of St. Martin Bay before meeting M-134. At that interchange, the LHCT departs again to run eastward. Through this area, the freeway continues northeasterly, traversing the Eastern Unit of the Hiawatha National Forest.

I-75 crosses the Pine River before entering Chippewa County. The freeway takes a more northerly track as it travels under M-48 without an interchange. Farther north, M-48 curves around to connect I-75 with Rudyard, and the freeway turns back to continue northeastward. About five miles (8.0 km) northeast of Rudyard, I-75 passes next to Chippewa County International Airport, the former Kincheloe Air Force Base in Kinross and Kincheloe. North of there in Dafter, the freeway intersects M-28 (9 Mile Road). Beyond that interchange, I-75 picks up the Lake Superior Circle Tour (LSCT) designation, which it carries the rest of the way north. On the south side of Sault Ste. Marie, the freeway meets BS I-75 and picks up the LHCT designation one more time. I-75 rounds the west side of the city, passes the Sault Ste. Marie Municipal Airport and the campus of Lake Superior State University before meeting the customs and toll plazas for the International Bridge. From there, I-75 crosses the two-lane bridge and terminates at the Canadian border. As of April 1, 2012, the toll rates on the bridge are $3 for passenger vehicles, $2.10 for commuters, and $4 per axle for commercial vehicles; currently the same toll rate is assessed in US dollars and Canadian dollars. Motorists have the option to pay with cash or an IQ Card, an electronic toll collection debit card that uses radio-frequency identification technology.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2021-12-22, 12:37; edited 2 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2021-12-22, 12:35

DWags wrote:Wow, I’m on some of those frequently.  I don’t know if Allstate insurance still does this, but they used to take the 10 most dangerous intersections in America, based on volume of traffic and accidents, and give those communities a couple of hundred thousand dollars to work the intersection and make it safer. One year it was 23 mile and Gratiot. That was about 15 years ago and I think they really did a good job fixing that intersection

Now if they can fix 23 and Van Dyke I'd appreciate that.

It might involve removing the weekly Sunday Trumper rally. Not sure how Allstate would feel about that.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2021-12-22, 17:12

DWags wrote:Wow, I’m on some of those frequently. I don’t know if Allstate insurance still does this, but they used to take the 10 most dangerous intersections in America, based on volume of traffic and accidents, and give those communities a couple of hundred thousand dollars to work the intersection and make it safer. One year it was 23 mile and Gratiot. That was about 15 years ago and I think they really did a good job fixing that intersection

I’ve always driven under the assumption that whatever road you were driving on was the most dangerous road. It’s kept me alive so far.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2021-12-22, 18:08

NigelUno wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:7 of those 10 also are in the top 10 longest highways in the country…. Long highway, more deaths on said highway. Doesn’t really make it more dangerous than any other road though.

The roads are ranked by number of fatalities per 100 miles.

Still, it is pretty pointless for the article to be based on the whole highways. I would have expected the list to be based on 50 or 100 mile stretches or something. Just seems like an irrelevant clickbait listicle.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2021-12-22, 19:06

The most dangerous is the one I was on today. Going north in Mt Pleasant on Arnold Street. The light turns green and a pickup quite a bit ahead of me goes through the intersection. I get almost to the intersection and some guy blows through the light going east. I hit the brakes and no crash. Scared the crap out of me and wife. The light had been green for me probably 20 seconds or so. If I had made it to intersection a couple seconds earlier I probably wouldn't be posting right now.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down