Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - The Political Side

+24
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Three_Putt_Par
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
MattyFresh
msugolfguy
GRR Spartan
InTenSity
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
28 posters

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-15, 07:59

MiamiSpartan wrote:So yeah, same thing as always. And as always, everyone bit and freaked out about it.
yep.

as usual, I was correct, as well.

he's actually afraid of Governors like Cuomo, Whitmer, DeWine, Inslee, Newsome, et al - because he knows that they make him look like the pathetic piece of human trash that he is.

the last thing he wants to do is take them on.

I mean, of course the mainstream media and the racist, bigoted christian deplorables would eat it up. But deep down, he knows he is a bloated sack of filth..  and he could never compare to them.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 21 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-15, 08:24

the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator to stop funding to the World Health Organization..

'cause who would need the World Health Organization in the middle of a pandemic that is working on a vaccine?

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-15, 09:47

Trey Hollingsworth is willing to let you die for the greater good. God Bless him.

If you dying will help our economy, well then by God, it has to happen

On Tuesday, that take was summed up by Indiana congressman Trey Hollingsworth, who told a radio-show host that it’s Congress’s job to sit Americans down and explain to them that dying in a pandemic isn’t as bad as the havoc said pandemic is wreaking on the economy. “We are going to have to look Americans in the eye and say, ‘We are making the best decisions for the most Americans possible,’”

Here's my take. If he'd just mention the one or two of his family members he' doesn't have a problem with sacrificing, I'd get behind his message more. Maybe his son? Wife? Just name two family members he'd have die for the greater good.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-15, 09:56

DWags wrote:Trey Hollingsworth is willing to let you die for the greater good. God Bless him.

If you dying will help our economy, well then by God, it has to happen

On Tuesday, that take was summed up by Indiana congressman Trey Hollingsworth, who told a radio-show host that it’s Congress’s job to sit Americans down and explain to them that dying in a pandemic isn’t as bad as the havoc said pandemic is wreaking on the economy. “We are going to have to look Americans in the eye and say, ‘We are making the best decisions for the most Americans possible,’”

Here's my take. If he'd just mention the one or two of his family members he' doesn't have a problem with sacrificing, I'd get behind his message more. Maybe his son? Wife? Just name two family members he'd have die for the greater good.
I bet Guest would love his pro-life stance.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-15, 12:30

The rally in front of the state capital in Michigan is crazy.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-15, 12:31

Indiana a weird state. It really is.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-04-15, 13:05

Saw a quote where Trump called the group of governor’s actions as “mutiny”

In the same tweet said Mutiny on The Bounty” was ne of his favorite movies. Guess he never saw the ending.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-15, 13:55

steveschneider wrote:The rally in front of the state capital in Michigan is crazy.

Some trucks have confederate flags. Why? What is the purpose of having a confederate flag flying? They fancy themselves as treasonists?
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-15, 13:58

DWags wrote:
steveschneider wrote:The rally in front of the state capital in Michigan is crazy.

Some trucks have confederate flags. Why? What is the purpose of having a confederate flag flying? They fancy themselves as treasonists?

Yeah, also saw a few guys out front with ar-15s. First thought that ran through my mind was 'is that Lonewolfsparty'?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-15, 14:03

DWags wrote:

I’m guessing they fancy themselves racists.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-15, 14:18

whiny, entitled white people are gonna be whiny, entitled white people.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-15, 16:36

Saw that Biden told a woman who works in a meat packing plant that lost her friend to covid-19 he had sympathy for her. Just that alone makes me so fired up to vote for him in November.

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-15, 18:26

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 21 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 21 502811600

[tw]1250550258913984518[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-16, 12:53

a guest goes on a mainstream media show and advocates for re-opening schools while also saying that 2-3% of kids returning to school will die.

“We need our mojo back,” Oz told host Sean Hannity. “Let’s start with things that are really critical to the nation where we think we might be able to open without getting into a lot of trouble.

“I tell you, schools are a very appetizing opportunity,” Oz added. “I just saw a nice piece in The Lancet arguing that the opening of schools may only cost us 2 to 3 percent, in terms of total mortality. And, you know, any life is a life lost, but to get every child back into a school where they’re safely being educated, being fed and making the most out of their lives, with a theoretical risk on the back side, that might be a tradeoff some folks would consider.”

to be clear, "opening of schools may only cost us 2-3%.. that might be a tradeoff some folks would consider"..

next time you wonder why I attempt to shine a light on the mainstream media.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-04-16, 16:07

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a guest goes on a mainstream media show and advocates for re-opening schools while also saying that 2-3% of kids returning to school will die.

“We need our mojo back,” Oz told host Sean Hannity. “Let’s start with things that are really critical to the nation where we think we might be able to open without getting into a lot of trouble.

“I tell you, schools are a very appetizing opportunity,” Oz added. “I just saw a nice piece in The Lancet arguing that the opening of schools may only cost us 2 to 3 percent, in terms of total mortality. And, you know, any life is a life lost, but to get every child back into a school where they’re safely being educated, being fed and making the most out of their lives, with a theoretical risk on the back side, that might be a tradeoff some folks would consider.”

to be clear, "opening of schools may only cost us 2-3%.. that might be a tradeoff some folks would consider"..

Sent that to an old friend of mine who claims to know him with a “Quack Quack”

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-16, 16:35

Robert J Sakimano wrote:a guest goes on a mainstream media show and advocates for re-opening schools while also saying that 2-3% of kids returning to school will die.

Sorry Bob, but he's saying that study said closing schools may only account for saving 2-3% of the current 4% mortality rate.  Not kids.  At least that's how I'm seeing it. I'll grant you that he kinda mangled the message he was trying to get across.

188 countries have implemented country-wide school closures, but a modelling study by Ferguson and colleagues concluded that in the UK, school closures alone will reduce COVID-19 deaths by only 2–4%.

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanchi/article/PIIS2352-4642(20)30105-X/fulltext
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-16, 18:41

If the virus is already in this country, do we really need to be vigilant about people not bringing it over our borders? I think Trump is still trying to close the barn door and keep brown people out.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-04-16, 21:51

What’s 4% of 100,000?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-17, 06:14

Rocinante wrote:What’s 4% of 100,000?

Definitely not the same as 2-3% of all school children.

4% of the 35,000 people who have died is 1,400

3% of the 56 million kids in school is 1.6 million.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-04-17, 09:29

What the hell is wrong with those people? Didn't some other idiot legislator advocate going back to work right away because it will only kill several thousand older people?
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-17, 11:19

lolol Cohen is getting out of prison because of corona fears.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-17, 18:07

Prediction: Trump is going to claim that his "Liberate" tweets had nothing to do with those states opening up, but that it has to do with the 2nd Amendment (as he specifically mentioned in the Liberate Virgina tweet) or some other laws.

I swear he's schizo.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2020-04-20, 00:16

I don't think unemployment should be $600/week.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2020-04-20, 00:36

Tim Wakefield wrote:I don't think unemployment should be $600/week.
It's not, if you're a huge corporation.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-04-20, 05:08

It's $600 on top whatever an individual's normal non-corona unemployment amount would be.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-20, 05:54

It’s not. It’s basically a bridge grant to corporations distributed by middle to lower wage earners. That money ain’t going into 401ks to get rich. It’s getting spent.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-20, 08:10

because of the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's absence of leadership, morality and ethics, the hoax has now killed 40,000+ in America.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2020-04-20, 09:11

What happened to Rudy G?

Haven’t seen him in awhile.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-20, 09:39

NigelUno wrote:What happened to Rudy G?

Haven’t seen him in awhile.

Wondering the same thing. Might have him sequestered in a padded cell. I’m sure his comments on Rona would be cringe worthy even by Oval Office standards.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-20, 09:39

While you guys are fighting about seeds, some people are have real problems to deal with.
Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 21 20200410

Last edited by MiamiSpartan on 2020-04-20, 09:41; edited 1 time in total
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-20, 09:40

Media seems to be fawning over the liberate the state protestors. Cliven Bundy created the template for standing off with the feds.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-20, 09:41

Should also be noted 20k more Americans have died since last week when the total count was just over 20k.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-04-20, 10:18

steveschneider wrote:Media seems to be fawning over the liberate the state protestors. Cliven Bundy created the template for standing off with the feds.

They’re not taking knees are they?

Ok. Good. Crisis averted.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-20, 10:23

steveschneider wrote:Media seems to be fawning over the liberate the state protestors. Cliven Bundy created the template for standing off with the feds.
the media needs something to cover.. hence their fawning over the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator for going on 4 years.

you know that, of course. I just like to remind people of it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-20, 10:40

in a shock to nobody, the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator says the protesters are "great people".

“I’ve seen the people, I’ve seen the interviews of people. These are great people,” Trump said.

white supremacists waving swastikas.. confederate flags.. assault rifles.. 'great people'.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-04-20, 12:09

Fuck every last one of these hypocritical cult members.

We can say it now, can’t we?

I mean, at this point it isn’t really up for debate, is it?

You can come clean now, fess up, and drop the facade:

You never really were pro-life, were you?

It’s okay, we suspected as much.

We suspected that you weren’t really burdened to protect humanity, as you cheered while families were separated at the border, as you ignored yet another bloody school shooting, as you applauded the dismantling of our healthcare system, as you turned away exhausted refugees, as you laughed during his anti-immigrant rally rants. We figured that outside of gun owners and white embryos, that you really weren’t in this to defend the living.

But now, it’s all out in the open isn’t it, friend?

When you’re stopping traffic filled with ambulances and delivery trucks, and protesting wellness protections designed to keep people from getting sick and dying, and standing opposite nurses in face masks who are literally keeping people breathing—you’re showing your hand.

For all your wild histrionics and your raw-throated rally cries and your garment-rending sermons and all your impassioned social media posts about the sanctity of life—here you are in the middle of a raging pandemic, packed together like lemmings, ignoring distancing of any kind, harassing essential workers, and demanding to be allowed to infect yourselves and others—while without a trace of irony, screaming “My body, my choice!”

You’re complaining about your greying roots and your cabin fever and your bored kids, while 41,000 Americans have died, three quarters of a million are sick, and thousands are currently battling to win a fight for their lives, flanked by the very selfless caregivers whose work you are actively undoing.

Don’t you think that’s a little ridiculous as a supposed pro-life human being?

I don’t suppose you can see it.
I guess that’s how hypocrisy works.

I suppose that’s what cults do to people.
Honestly, it must be hard keeping up with his mental instability.
I imagine you’re so confused by your allegiance to a serial liar, that this disconnect is invisible to you.

I’m sure it’s exhausting trying to keep up with who and what you’re supposed to be outraged by.

For weeks it was the Dems for perpetuating an elaborate hoax, then it was the liberal media for exaggerating the threat, then it was at China for supposedly hiding a deadly pandemic that he said he’d warned you about from the beginning, then it was Barack Obama for… well, for something.

And now? Now, you’re being told to be outraged by the efforts of doctors, scientists, informed governors, and trained professionals—to not make more people gravely ill. Now, you’re being prodded by your president to see human beings as acceptable loses in the righteous cause of capitalism.

(I don’t suppose you want to hear what Jesus says about all that, do you? No, I wouldn’t either.)

You’ve always claimed to be so burdened because 4 people died in Benghazi. That was your go-to “pro-life” Hillary slur. 41,000 Americans have now died, and you’re out here yelling at nurses. Donald Trump is a 10,000 Benghazi president and you’re still full-on MAGA and demanding you be allowed to go to the nail salon and the beach.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-20, 12:25

DWags wrote:Fuck every last one of these hypocritical cult members.

We suspected that you weren’t really burdened to protect humanity, as you cheered while families were separated at the border, as you ignored yet another bloody school shooting, as you applauded the dismantling of our healthcare system, as you turned away exhausted refugees, as you laughed during his anti-immigrant rally rants. We figured that outside of gun owners and white embryos, that you really weren’t in this to defend the living.

When you’re stopping traffic filled with ambulances and delivery trucks,  and protesting wellness protections designed to keep people from getting sick and dying, and standing opposite nurses in face masks who are literally keeping people breathing—you’re showing your hand.

For all your wild histrionics and your raw-throated rally cries and your garment-rending sermons and all your impassioned social media posts about the sanctity of life—here you are in the middle of a raging pandemic, packed together like lemmings, ignoring distancing of any kind, harassing essential workers, and demanding to be allowed to infect yourselves and others—while without a trace of irony, screaming “My body, my choice!”

You’re complaining about your greying roots and your cabin fever and your bored kids, while 41,000 Americans have died, three quarters of a million are sick, and thousands are currently battling to win a fight for their lives, flanked by the very selfless caregivers whose work you are actively undoing.

I imagine you’re so confused by your allegiance to a serial liar, that this disconnect is invisible to you.

I’m sure it’s exhausting trying to keep up with who and what you’re supposed to be outraged by.

For weeks it was the Dems for perpetuating an elaborate hoax, then it was the liberal media for exaggerating the threat, then it was at China for supposedly hiding a deadly pandemic that he said he’d warned you about from the beginning, then it was Barack Obama for… well, for something.

And now? Now, you’re being told to be outraged by the efforts of doctors, scientists, informed governors, and trained professionals—to not make more people gravely ill. Now, you’re being prodded by your president to see human beings as acceptable loses in the righteous cause of capitalism.

(I don’t suppose you want to hear what Jesus says about all that, do you? No, I wouldn’t either.)

You’ve always claimed to be so burdened because 4 people died in Benghazi. That was your go-to “pro-life” Hillary slur. 41,000 Americans have now died, and you’re out here yelling at nurses. Donald Trump is a 10,000 Benghazi president and you’re still full-on MAGA and demanding you be allowed to go to the nail salon and the beach.
it's all about hate, anger, paranoia and race.

and stupidity, which is the root of all the attributes listed above. It's easy to manipulate people when you appeal to their more dark, pathetic nature that the decent parts of society shun.

because they have one of them in the White House, for the first time in their life they feel connected. They feel like they belong. They feel accepted. And they will never turn their back on their christian leader as long as he keeps validating their sad existence.

it's really that simple
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-04-20, 13:21

move over "I want some seeds"... this guy misses his free drink refills..

Today’s reopen rally organizer Steve Hasty of Murfreesboro says what he misses most is sitting in restaurants and getting free drink refills.

“I hate having to get two iced teas in the drive thru,” he says.

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 21 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-04-20, 14:01

DWags wrote:Fuck every last one of these hypocritical cult members.

When you’re stopping traffic filled with ambulances and delivery trucks, and protesting wellness protections designed to keep people from getting sick and dying, and standing opposite nurses in face masks who are literally keeping people breathing—you’re showing your hand.

Hard to reason with anyone that can't accept scientific facts. That lady in the truck shouting and that nurse told him she didn't believe in the number of deaths. 40k people have died and she doesn't believe it.
These are incredibly stupid and absolutely terrible people.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-04-20, 14:21

Here is one for you, Bob. Just saw some pictures of the protests in Harrisburg and one sign said "Lukewarm Christian's like Trump will burn in hell with all liberals."

So there ya go, not all Christians are buying Trump's schtick, if that makes you feel better.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next