Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - The Political Side

+24
The Pantry
Other Teams Pursuing That
MiamiSpartan
Three_Putt_Par
Tim Wakefield
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
kingstonlake
MattyFresh
msugolfguy
GRR Spartan
InTenSity
DWags
Watch Out Pylon!
Rocinante
Travis of the Cosmos
NigelUno
Floyd Robertson
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Nordic
28 posters

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 20 Apr 2020 - 15:24

MiamiSpartan wrote:Here is one for you, Bob. Just saw some pictures of the protests in Harrisburg and one sign said "Lukewarm Christian's like Trump will burn in hell with all liberals."

So there ya go, not all Christians are buying Trump's schtick, if that makes you feel better.
Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon 20 Apr 2020 - 15:56

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 EWEXNSaXgAEeITQ?format=jpg&name=900x900

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 6:36

Signing an executive order halting all immigration in order to stop the virus spread. While simultaneously pining to open the economy and liberate America. Sounds rational.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 8:19

kingstonlake wrote:Signing an executive order halting all immigration in order to stop the virus spread. While simultaneously pining to open the economy and liberate America. Sounds rational.

I lifted the following from the daily briefing NYT email:

The president said on Monday that he intended to temporarily suspend immigration to the U.S., which he said would protect American workers once the economy began to recover. A formal order temporarily barring the issuance of new green cards and work visas could come within days, according to several people familiar with the plan, although it was unclear what legal basis Mr. Trump would invoke to justify the move.

Seems like a fancy way implementing his ban against brown people from entering the country under the guise of saving few hundred jobs.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 8:24

Floyd Robertson wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:Signing an executive order halting all immigration in order to stop the virus spread. While simultaneously pining to open the economy and liberate America. Sounds rational.

I lifted the following from the daily briefing NYT email:

The president said on Monday that he intended to temporarily suspend immigration to the U.S., which he said would protect American workers once the economy began to recover. A formal order temporarily barring the issuance of new green cards and work visas could come within days, according to several people familiar with the plan, although it was unclear what legal basis Mr. Trump would invoke to justify the move.

Seems like a fancy way implementing his ban against brown people from entering the country under the guise of saving few hundred jobs.

Gotta find a bogey man for his failures. 15 million unemployed because he’s a clown. Blame the browns! Uneducated white Americans unite!
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 8:53

22 million Americans filed for unemployment in the last month and the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator tells his racist followers that it's because of scary brown people.

and they believe him.  Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 12:21

I’m sure the millions of immigrant doctors treating covid will appreciate that.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 13:20

I suspect this makes the christian pro-life folks really angry..

GOP Texas Lieutenant Governor Says We Need to Take Risk to Get Back to Work: 'There Are More Important Things Than Living'

but.. the babies!! Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 502811600

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 14:37

Robert J Sakimano wrote:I suspect this makes the christian pro-life folks really angry..

GOP Texas Lieutenant Governor Says We Need to Take Risk to Get Back to Work: 'There Are More Important Things Than Living'

but.. the babies!! Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 502811600

Patrick went on: "There are more important things than living, and that's saving this country for my children and my grandchildren and saving this country for all of us. wrote:

But can't we use his children and grandchildren to die? I don't get how that works.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 14:51

November can't get here soon enough. I'm pretty confident Orange Face won't win it, and we can get a competent administration in to clean up his fucking mess.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 14:55

DWags wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:I suspect this makes the christian pro-life folks really angry..

but.. the babies!!   Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 502811600

But can't we use his children and grandchildren to die?  I don't get how that works.
if only Guest, a voice of pro-life America, was here to publicly refute such an anti-life rhetoric from a pro-life christian.

*** checks notes ***

this just coming in.. I'm being told that Guest is a proud supporter of the death penalty.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 15:02

Saw that Barr is looking to take legal action vs states that are shutting down.

Also, saw the gov of Maryland ordered supplies from S. Korea and came under fire form the Trump administration. First states are on their own, and then when they go on their own the are wrong to do so.

I'm convinced their goal is to create chaos, division and suffering.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 15:29

steveschneider wrote:Saw that Barr is looking to take legal action vs states that are shutting down.

Also, saw the gov of Maryland ordered supplies from S. Korea and came under fire form the Trump administration. First states are on their own, and then when they go on their own the are wrong to do so.

yep - been saying as long as this thread has been posted that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator wants/needs people to die so he can assign blame to anyone other than himself.

that's why he backtracked the "I'm the supreme leader and tell the governors what to do" silliness. Somebody who managed to get through 5th grade told him that if he says that, then that means he's responsible.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 15:44

[tw]1252666983788789762[/tw]

OF COURSE it wants a break. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 1966794946 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 1966794946
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 15:54

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:Saw that Barr is looking to take legal action vs states that are shutting down.

yep - been saying as long as this thread has been posted that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator wants/needs people to die so he can assign blame to anyone other than himself.

that's why he backtracked the "I'm the supreme leader and tell the governors what to do" silliness. Somebody who managed to get through 5th grade told him that if he says that, then that means he's responsible.

S. Korea, China and most of Europe out performed the US on the handling of this. American Exceptionalism where are you?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 16:23

steveschneider wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: yep - been saying as long as this thread has been posted that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator wants/needs people to die so he can assign blame to anyone other than himself.

S. Korea, China and most of Europe out performed the US on the handling of this. American Exceptionalism where are you?
this is what happens when racist, bigoted misogynists elect someone who can't run a lemonade stand just because he makes them feel better about their pathetic existence.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 16:35

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 294152859 Please don't spread your seeds anymore, Bob.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 16:41

My mom watches all the task force briefings and says to me “there’s enough tests for states to reopen.” I said no, mom there isn’t. She goes “What, you think they’re just LYING?!”

Uh.... yeah. Mom. They’re lying.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 16:50

Rocinante wrote:My mom watches all the task force briefings and says to me “there’s enough tests for states to reopen.” I said no, mom there isn’t. She goes “What, you think they’re just LYING?!”

Uh.... yeah. Mom. They’re lying.
nothing against your mom.. but can you imagine be the type of person that would watch that garbage?

to be fair, my Mom would've likely watched that trash.. she used to watch Bill O'Reilly. Thankfully, she passed away before the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator came on the scene.

My Dad voted for Hillary in 2016 because my daughter convinced him that that is what his dead wife would want him to do. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 17:05

People of a certain age can't fathom the depths of the current "conservatives" depravity. They were programmed to believe that SOME thought for the betterment of the people is behind decisions. It wasn't like this in the 50s, 60s, 70s...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 19:01

Smacking forehead sound.

https://twitter.com/ricksmithshow/status/1252626213350359041?s=21
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 19:22

This is funny:

Trump says almost 40,000 people have died. Reporter tells him it's more than 40,000. Trump says in a biting tone: "Good. Correct me. Correct me. I'm really glad you corrected me, CNN."
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Tue 21 Apr 2020 - 23:44

Watched the Frontline special on Covid-19. Pretty powerful and informative look into the first outbreak in Washington.

It's infuriating stuff to watch and outlines what an absolute fucking clown we have leading us through this.

Also, they had an expert in there that creates all of the modeling and projections that commented on this idea of opening up on May 1st and he said we will be right back to square one in July. What a fucking shit show.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 6:52

Rocinante wrote:This is funny:

Trump says almost 40,000 people have died. Reporter tells him it's more than 40,000. Trump says in a biting tone: "Good. Correct me. Correct me. I'm really glad you corrected me, CNN."
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 8:12

https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/fox-news-mentions-hydroxychloroquine-have-significantly-dropped

Where are all the hydroxychloroquine conservatives telling us ‘it’s worth a shot’ and ‘if you were sick I bet you’d take it’. The only thing clear about this is that one side ignored science once again to create one of the stupidest partisan attacks I’ve ever seen. Just remember people science does not have a bias it doesn’t care if you watch Fox News, PBS News Hour, like Trump or hate him. All it does is give us the best information possible. This county has a serious problem dealing with the truth. If it wants to survive this pandemic and do a better job then it needs to learn how to deal with the truth.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 8:18

steveschneider wrote:https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/fox-news-mentions-hydroxychloroquine-have-significantly-dropped

Where are all the hydroxychloroquine conservatives telling us ‘it’s worth a shot’ and ‘if you were sick I bet you’d take it’. The only thing clear about this is that one side ignored science once again to create one of the stupidest partisan attacks I’ve ever seen. Just remember people science does not have a bias it doesn’t care if you watch Fox News, PBS News Hour, like Trump or hate him. All it does is give us the best information possible. This county has a serious problem dealing with the truth. If it wants to survive this pandemic and do a better job then it needs to learn how to deal with the truth.

That's good, because maybe it's not so effective unless the outcomes you want are death and mechanical ventilation.

Outcomes of hydroxychloroquine usage in United States veterans hospitalized with Covid-19
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 8:24

An Ohio father of two children died from the coronavirus last week after previously claiming the outbreak was "Bulls---" and a "Political Ploy," according to reports.

John McDaniel, 60, of Marion County, died April 15 at a hospital in Columbus, according to the Marion Star.

He had made several posts about the coronavirus on Facebook last month before testing positive for the virus.
I wonder who told him it was "bullshit" and a "political ploy"?

thoughts and prayers.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 8:29

Floyd Robertson wrote:
steveschneider wrote:https://www.mediamatters.org/coronavirus-covid-19/fox-news-mentions-hydroxychloroquine-have-significantly-dropped

That's good, because maybe it's not so effective unless the outcomes you want are death and mechanical ventilation.

Outcomes of hydroxychloroquine usage in United States veterans hospitalized with Covid-19

I’m rooting for a cure and I don’t care who finds it but the science has told us over and over that is not it. The science tells us it is an effective drug for lupus and for that I am grateful.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 9:52

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
An Ohio father of two children died from the coronavirus last week after previously claiming the outbreak was "Bulls---" and a "Political Ploy," according to reports.

John McDaniel, 60, of Marion County, died April 15 at a hospital in Columbus, according to the Marion Star.

He had made several posts about the coronavirus on Facebook last month before testing positive for the virus.
I wonder who told him it was "bullshit" and a "political ploy"?

thoughts and prayers.

McDaniel: "It shouldn't stop us from living our lives."

God: "Hold my beer."
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 9:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:[tw]1252666983788789762[/tw]

OF COURSE it wants a break. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 1966794946 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 22 1966794946

Trump is not called the Grfter in Chief for nothn’
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 16:17

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/underlying-conditions/610261/?fbclid=IwAR3j2gVwb3Wf44p6n-OMINJ4EgTyFj48PaQQzx6Hsdt55Y3UprejUv7DrXg

The crisis demanded a response that was swift, rational, and collective. The United States reacted instead like Pakistan or Belarus—like a country with shoddy infrastructure and a dysfunctional government whose leaders were too corrupt or stupid to head off mass suffering. The administration squandered two irretrievable months to prepare. From the president came willful blindness, scapegoating, boasts, and lies. From his mouthpieces, conspiracy theories and miracle cures. A few senators and corporate executives acted quickly—not to prevent the coming disaster, but to profit from it. When a government doctor tried to warn the public of the danger, the White House took the mic and politicized the message.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 17:26

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2020/06/underlying-conditions/610261/?fbclid=IwAR3j2gVwb3Wf44p6n-OMINJ4EgTyFj48PaQQzx6Hsdt55Y3UprejUv7DrXg

The crisis demanded a response that was swift, rational, and collective. The United States reacted instead like Pakistan or Belarus—like a country with shoddy infrastructure and a dysfunctional government whose leaders were too corrupt or stupid to head off mass suffering. The administration squandered two irretrievable months to prepare. From the president came willful blindness, scapegoating, boasts, and lies. From his mouthpieces, conspiracy theories and miracle cures. A few senators and corporate executives acted quickly—not to prevent the coming disaster, but to profit from it. When a government doctor tried to warn the public of the danger, the White House took the mic and politicized the message.

Pretty much, our response to this has been absolutely pathetic in terms of getting ahead of it, preparing, coordinating between the state and federal level. Embarrassing we can't get testing or medical supplies.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 22:40

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-disagrees-strongly-with-georgia-governors-plan-to-reopen-some-businesses

What the fuck is wrong with this jackass? Just last week he was tweeting Liberate Michigan. Now he's telling Geogia to not open up? Jesus Christ it's a complete clown show. We have stupid fucking clowns leading our country during a pandemic.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 22:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-disagrees-strongly-with-georgia-governors-plan-to-reopen-some-businesses

What the fuck is wrong with this jackass? Just last week he was tweeting Liberate Michigan. Now he's telling Geogia to not open up? Jesus Christ it's a complete clown show. We have stupid fucking clowns leading our country during a pandemic.

Trump saw polling in GA and was told if the same governor who said he “didn’t know” people could be asymptomatic, look healthy and infect others would open the state too early  it would cost Trump GA in November.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 23:02

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-disagrees-strongly-with-georgia-governors-plan-to-reopen-some-businesses

I really think that he has some type of medication for his mental health, whether he's bipolar, schizophrenic, or something else. Even in his press conferences, sometimes he'll have days where he's more subdued and cogent (relative to him) and othe days where he's there looking for a fight.

Or maybe he's just a moody troll.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed 22 Apr 2020 - 23:13

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I really think that he has some type of medication for his mental health, whether he's bipolar, schizophrenic, or something else. Even in his press conferences, sometimes he'll have days where he's more subdued and cogent (relative to him) and othe days where he's there looking for a fight.

Or maybe he's just a moody troll.
petulant reactive baby bully.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 23 Apr 2020 - 13:56

guessing the fine MAGA christians are getting a kick out of this..

Elizabeth Warren’s oldest brother dies of coronavirus in Oklahoma

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 23 Apr 2020 - 15:48

McConnell now openly saying that the most hard hit states are Democrat so fuck em.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 23 Apr 2020 - 20:12

Rocinante wrote:McConnell now openly saying that the most hard hit states are Democrat so fuck em.

[tw]1253434224050180099?s=20[/tw]

[tw]1253358477415788548?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Thu 23 Apr 2020 - 20:26

Sounds like the federal government is sponsoring some interesting experimental trials.

[tw]1253458291696566274?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 25 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next