Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus?? We gone?

+26
Izzo Court
kingstonlake
Rick Saunders
NigelUno
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
GRR Spartan
Motown Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Robert J Sakimano
MSU addict
tGreenWay
Turtleneck
Jake from State Farm
The Pantry
Travis of the Cosmos
gomersbro
Trapper Gus
Other Teams Pursuing That
duffy munn
DWags
MiamiSpartan
PennSpartan
aualum06
Dendrobates
30 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   Empty Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by Dendrobates Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:06 pm

Thinking of you Duffy. You've had a really tough year
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus?? We gone?   Empty Re: Coronavirus?? We gone?

Post by aualum06 Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Damn Duffy hope everything ends up ok
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:06 am

duffy munn wrote:
duffy munn wrote:Well another family christmas gathering has been canceled. Multiple nieces and nephew have tested positive. Latest variant seems to be hitting younger people ( all in their 20s)

Quoting myself for context. so my sister canceled her somewhat large family Christmas (around 20 people all fully vaxed and many had already had it including her) because her son who lives in Colorado tested positive after he got back to Michigan.

As Nordic said, the smart thing to do and we scheduled at zoom call last night. I have a giant family so there were 35 people on the call from all over the country. Except my sister who normally would be the first one on the call. Well she showed up about 15 minutes in. From a hospital room on the covid floor at Troy Beaumont. She has covid and pneumonia.

I'm beyond exhausted with this fucking shit.
Sorry to hear this. My brother, who is 78 got Covid in October. But he was fully vaccinated and even though he was on oxygen for a while the entire ordeal only lasted about two weeks. He’s fine now. I hate to think of what would have happened without the jabs. Best of luck to your sister.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:11 am

Sun Bowl in jeopardy. Miami out. Looking for replacement team.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:41 pm

[tw]1475580969897926657?t=CxvKC1pg7YxR6TRsYvTgcg&s=19[/tw]
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:09 pm

My brother who was on the vent for 53 days, has covid again. We had our Christmas together yesterday. He thought his work was joking when they told him. He has no symptoms so far. I know they're testing employees pretty often in the nursing home he works at.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:01 pm

Dendrobates wrote:My brother who was on the vent for 53 days, has covid again. We had our Christmas together yesterday. He thought his work was joking when they told him. He has no symptoms so far. I know they're testing employees pretty often in the nursing home he works at.
Oh wow. That kind of shakes me up in kind of a PTSD kind of way. I can only imagine how it is for you, him, and the rest of the family. Hopefully he stays fine. He really deserves to get past this without so much a sniffle.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:49 pm

Dendrobates wrote:My brother who was on the vent for 53 days, has covid again. We had our Christmas together yesterday. He thought his work was joking when they told him. He has no symptoms so far. I know they're testing employees pretty often in the nursing home he works at.

Damn, Very sorry to hear this. Hopefully it's a mild case or he's a-symptomatic.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:00 pm

I'm sure your brother will be fine Dendro but fuck. Is this fucking shit ever going to stop?
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:49 am

duffy munn wrote:

I'm sure your brother will be fine Dendro but fuck. Is this fucking shit ever going to stop?

No
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:58 am

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

No

Double fuck
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:38 am

Covid the virus is never going away.

There are actions which are probably needed which probably will not happen

A change in the feelings of the anti-vaxers towards vaccination
A huge investment in the health care system to increase hospital beds and staffing.

The most hopeful development of the moment is that the Army has a "one size fits all" anti-covid vaccine in development, however, it is unlikely the anti-vaxers will take it and. based on what we know today, the sane people will be getting a shot every 6 months for the rest of our lives, and our descendants will also.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:12 am

Trapper Gus wrote:Covid the virus is never going away.

There are actions which are probably needed which probably will not happen

A change in the feelings of the anti-vaxers towards vaccination
A huge investment in the health care system to increase hospital beds and staffing.

The most hopeful development of the moment is that the Army has a "one size fits all" anti-covid vaccine in development, however, it is unlikely the anti-vaxers will take it and. based on what we know today, the sane people will be getting a shot every 6 months for the rest of our lives, and our descendants will also.

Regarding the vaccine every six months, most experts say that will be reduced to every year like the flu, and in a few years the two vaccines maybe even mixed. The thing is eventually everything will be covered in the virus and then we will all be getting little infections that act as boosters. Those unvaxed will be getting them too, so they will be unfortunately even more intolerable saying "see the vaccine wasn't needed".

What needs to happen is those that are not vaccinated need to pay a higher health care premium. Or if someone dies because all the emergency beds are full then those unvaccinated using those beds should be charged with involuntary manslaughter. Those that remember polio are wondering what the hell is going on here. Enough is enough.
gomersbro
Spartiate

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:25 am

Okay, once a year then.

And if they can combine the vaccines that will be great.

It also will be great if the Army vaccine, which is a universal covid vaccine, not just covid-19, passes its field trials and is approved for use.

Higher insurance costs are already happening at some companies for the unvaccinated, so yes, that will happen.

Criminal charges to the unvaccinated seem like a stretch. Are there other laws in heath care like that?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:28 pm

I'm assuming my brother will be ok. But it is a little bit PTSD from the beginning. To even the same stuff we were talking about, and then the next thing is him telling me he has covid. He did say he has some cold like symptoms now. The husband and I took some at home ones. We were both negative. I know they're iffy though. I've had some stomach issues today. Which now that I think about it, was my brother's first symptoms when he originally had it.
The weird thing is, my arm keeps randomly throbbing where I got my booster shot 3 weeks ago. I told my husband, and he said weird, because his did too. And he got his booster 4 weeks ago. I haven't heard that from anyone else.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:37 pm

Dendrobates wrote:I'm assuming my brother will be ok. But it is a little bit PTSD from the beginning. To even the same stuff we were talking about, and then the next thing is him telling me he has covid. He did say he has some cold like symptoms now. The husband and I took some at home ones. We were both negative. I know they're iffy though. I've had some stomach issues today. Which now that I think about it, was my brother's first symptoms when he originally had it.
The weird thing is, my arm keeps randomly throbbing where I got my booster shot 3 weeks ago. I told my husband, and he said weird, because his did too. And he got his booster 4 weeks ago. I haven't heard that from anyone else.

I'm sure your brother will be ok. And you and hubby will also be fine.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:53 pm

duffy munn wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I'm assuming my brother will be ok. But it is a little bit PTSD from the beginning. To even the same stuff we were talking about, and then the next thing is him telling me he has covid. He did say he has some cold like symptoms now. The husband and I took some at home ones. We were both negative. I know they're iffy though. I've had some stomach issues today. Which now that I think about it, was my brother's first symptoms when he originally had it.

Yea, I'm not worried about us. It's my 1 and 4 year old that I worry about.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:59 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

They will be fine too!
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:02 pm

Dendrobates wrote:
duffy munn wrote:

If it makes you feel any better- if I didn’t know that my kid almost certainly had it because we both did, then I may not have even noticed his symptoms. I only did because I was being pretty vigilant about it once I tested positive
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Dendrobates likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:11 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

If it makes you feel any better- if I didn’t know that my kid almost certainly had it because we both did, then I may not have even noticed his symptoms. I only did because I was being pretty vigilant about it once I tested positive
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:

My 3 year old granddaughter tested positive. Her symptoms were negligible and she was happy the whole time. it was nothing like the hell of an ear infection.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Wed Dec 29, 2021 9:34 am

The numbers show that for almost all kids that young covid is very mild to no symptoms at all and more kids die from a number of common things, like accidents, than from covid.  Mostly having them vaccinated is all about trying to slow the spread to more vulnerable people, like their grandparents.

edit - adding this news flash

A federal court on Tuesday denied the state of Oklahoma's lawsuit attempting to block enforcement of the Pentagon's vaccine mandate for federal employees.

Driving the news: District Judge Stephen Friot said Oklahoma's attempt was "without merit," ultimately finding that Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin — and the Biden administration — has the constitutional authority to enforce a vaccination mandate.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn Wed Dec 29, 2021 6:53 pm

My sister is home after 4 days at Beaumont. Her pneumonia is bacterial and being treated with antibiotics. Luckily the covid is/was mild.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan, The Pantry, tGreenWay, Dendrobates, gomersbro, Trapper Gus and PennSpartan like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:27 pm

Y-axis for our county's 7 Day Average of Daily Cases has recently been expanded from 1k to 1.5k maximum.  Way things are going, they might have to increase it to 2k shortly.

Oakland County covid cases
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Thu Dec 30, 2021 7:59 am

duffy munn wrote:My sister is home after 4 days at Beaumont. Her pneumonia is bacterial and being treated with antibiotics. Luckily the covid is/was mild.

There are vaccines for that, typically recommended for those over 55.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Thu Dec 30, 2021 10:31 am

My wife got her covid implant, err, I mean booster yesterday

Coronavirus?? We gone?   Booste10
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, Dendrobates, DWags and gomersbro like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro Thu Dec 30, 2021 1:39 pm

31 college basketball games postponed or canceled just for today. Ugh.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:44 am

Just to be clear, there are vaccines for bacterial pneumonia.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:01 pm

The anti vaccine crowd has moved to the drink your own urine stage of their war against science.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-vax-leader-christopher-key-urges-followers-to-drink-their-own-urine-to-fight-covid-19

I really don’t want to think about the next possible stage.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:05 pm

The only way to own the vaccinated people is to drink your own piss. Please don’t drink your own piss I would be so owned that I wouldn’t be able to handle it. Definitely don’t video tape yourself drinking your own piss and post it I couldn’t even imagine my shame
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:11 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:The only way to own the vaccinated people is to drink your own piss. Please don’t drink your own piss I would be so owned that I wouldn’t be able to handle it. Definitely don’t video tape yourself drinking your own piss and post it I couldn’t even imagine my shame

This is the instructional video:

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Jake from State Farm likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MSU addict Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:17 pm

Delaware (where I live) is going back to a mask mandate, in all public indoor places, starting 8:00 AM tomorrow (1/11/22)
MSU addict
MSU addict
Spartiate

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:19 am

The Pantry wrote:Y-axis for our county's 7 Day Average of Daily Cases has recently been expanded from 1k to 1.5k maximum.  Way things are going, they might have to increase it to 2k shortly.

Y-axis is now 3k and still climbing.  Those are only reported cases...there are many unrecorded.

I'm in favor of a 3-4 week state shutdown.
The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:27 am

My 4 year olds pcr test was positive. I'm not worried about any of us. We are all probably the healthiest we have been since June. I'm just mad the schools haven't mandated masks, all the money I'm paying for them to stay home, and annoyed with all the work shit I have to reschedule.

We have had so many tests over the past few months. My husband did an at home test last night and was negative. And I did the at home test on my daughter on Friday (negative). They definitely are not very accurate.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:38 am

Dendrobates wrote:My 4 year olds pcr test was positive. I'm not worried about any of us. We are all probably the healthiest we have been since June. I'm just mad the schools haven't mandated masks, all the money I'm paying for them to stay home, and annoyed with all the work shit I have to reschedule.

We have had so many tests over the past few months. My husband did an at home test last night and was negative. And I did the at home test on my daughter on Friday (negative). They definitely are not very accurate.

Ugh. Depressing to hear. My 18 month old niece had it over Christmas without any symptoms. My sister (her mother) and my parents who are often around the child were all negative throughout, so hopefully something similar happens for you and your family.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:51 am

Dendrobates wrote:My 4 year olds pcr test was positive. I'm not worried about any of us. We are all probably the healthiest we have been since June. I'm just mad the schools haven't mandated masks, all the money I'm paying for them to stay home, and annoyed with all the work shit I have to reschedule.

Both types of tests have certain issues. Home tests are not as sensitive while PCR test can pick up covid which isn't an infection. Also hearing existing tests are not as good on detecting omicron.

Yes, covid sucks.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:09 pm

Turtleneck wrote:The anti vaccine crowd has moved to the drink your own urine stage of their war against science.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/anti-vax-leader-christopher-key-urges-followers-to-drink-their-own-urine-to-fight-covid-19

I really don’t want to think about the next possible stage.
America is a stupid country.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:41 pm

[tw]1483092748425220096?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:05 am

Freedumb.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Dendrobates and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:04 am

The Pantry wrote:
The Pantry wrote:Y-axis for our county's 7 Day Average of Daily Cases has recently been expanded from 1k to 1.5k maximum.  Way things are going, they might have to increase it to 2k shortly.

Y-axis is now 3k and still climbing.  Those are only reported cases...there are many unrecorded.

Michigan House of Representatives not voting this week and committee meetings are canceled due to members and staff that need to isolate and/or test for coronavirus.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:01 am

Jake from State Farm wrote:
The Pantry wrote:

Michigan House of Representatives not voting this week and committee meetings are canceled due to members and staff that need to isolate and/or test for coronavirus.
the MI GOP's (and national GOP) plan of obstructing progress against the virus, thereby leading to sickness and death, is working. I'm not sure if they'll be able to weaponize it for Election Day or not.. time will tell.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next