Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question for healthcare professionals

+2
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
6 posters

Go down

Question for healthcare professionals Empty Question for healthcare professionals

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-16, 14:53

I don't know if any docs/rns/hospital custodians made it over to this board, but I'll ask anyway:
Are there any pain relievers or pain killers that effectively minimize nerve pain? I've used prescription naproxen and Vicodin 10s and neither do the job. It's a carpal tunnel problem that causes nerve pain shooting from my hand all the way up my arm.
From what I'm beginning to hear, I may be SOL, because meds don't work well on nerves.

TIA. I'll hang up and listen.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Question for healthcare professionals Empty Re: Question for healthcare professionals

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-16, 15:40

Rub some dirt on it.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Question for healthcare professionals Empty Re: Question for healthcare professionals

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-16, 15:47

Turtleneck wrote:Rub some dirt on it.

Dad?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court 2014-07-16, 16:13

http://www.pfizer.com/products/product-detail/neurontin
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-07-16, 16:14

Turtleneck wrote:Rub some dirt on it.

If that doesn't work, drop a hammer on the left foot from a height of 4'.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-16, 16:16

Floyd Robertson wrote:

If that doesn't work, drop a hammer on the left foot from a height of 4'.

Will a ball pein hammer suffice?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-07-16, 16:21

tGreenWay wrote:

It will do in a pinch.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-16, 16:22

Izzo Court wrote:http://www.pfizer.com/products/product-detail/neurontin

Interesting. Gonna have to research this more. Thanks.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-16, 16:23

Floyd Robertson wrote:

It will do in a pinch.

Wait, I have to pinch my balls?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Senior Dickfist 2014-07-16, 16:57

My brother had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists earlier this year.  I don't know if you're at the level that surgery is necessary, but the doc told my brother that if  he went untreated much longer he could end up with permanent damage in the form of a paralyzed hand.  Just something you may want to talk to your doc about.

For what it's worth, he said he feels much better now.
Senior Dickfist
Senior Dickfist
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-07-16, 17:38

Senior Dickfist wrote:My brother had carpal tunnel surgery on both wrists earlier this year.  I don't know if you're at the level that surgery is necessary, but the doc told my brother that if  he went untreated much longer he could end up with permanent damage in the form of a paralyzed hand.  Just something you may want to talk to your doc about.

For what it's worth, he said he feels much better now.

I had surgery on one wrist last year. That took away 90% of the problem (I consider that success). I've been delaying surgery to the other wrist because of both my and my wife's work and vacation schedule. I think I'm going to change plans to have the surgery before the end of the year instead of waiting until '15.

I'm glad your brother is doing better. I never gave much weight to carpal tunnel pain until I developed it. Now it's right up there with the time I got the tip of some scissors poked in my eye.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-07-16, 18:32

tGreenWay wrote:

I had surgery on one wrist last year. That took away 90% of the problem (I consider that success).  I've been delaying surgery to the other wrist because of both my and my wife's work and vacation schedule.   I think I'm going to change plans to have the surgery before the end of the year instead of waiting until '15.  

I'm glad your brother is doing better. I never gave much weight to carpal tunnel pain until I developed it.  Now it's right up there with the time I got the tip of some scissors poked in my eye.  

Great. This board heads into the new season banged up. I hope somebody can step up when you're out. I don't want poor performance on the board to bring down the season.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Chitown_Badger 2014-07-16, 18:56

tGreenWay wrote:

pein

Question for healthcare professionals 1494614055 
Chitown_Badger
Chitown_Badger
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down