Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tom Nichols, conservative political science professor at Naval War College, gets it exactly right

3 posters

Go down

Tom Nichols, conservative political science professor at Naval War College, gets it exactly right Empty Tom Nichols, conservative political science professor at Naval War College, gets it exactly right

Post by Turtleneck 2020-05-19, 10:09

Great thread. Summarizes in very good terms what we already know.

[tw]1262181287969918979?s=20[/tw]
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tom Nichols, conservative political science professor at Naval War College, gets it exactly right Empty Re: Tom Nichols, conservative political science professor at Naval War College, gets it exactly right

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-05-19, 10:47

yeah, pretty accurate and exactly what anyone who pays attention and is intellectually honest will tell you.

nobody voted for the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator because of his economic prowess, because of his political acumen, because of his philosophy on developmental education, views on healthcare, income inequality, his ability to inspire, his own economic record or proven record on leadership, etc.

they voted for him because they hate the same people he claims to hate. They were manipulated and taken advantage of - pure and simple. And they still believe his rhetoric even though they have nothing to show for it except for a pandemic that is close to killing 100,000 Americans and the worst economy since The Great Depression.

I'll give him credit for that - he can inspire people to be the worst versions of themselves that they possibly can be. Then he'll take advantage of them and laugh at them behind the closed doors of his guilded Mar-A-Lago truck stop and massage parlor.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Tom Nichols, conservative political science professor at Naval War College, gets it exactly right Empty Re: Tom Nichols, conservative political science professor at Naval War College, gets it exactly right

Post by steveschneider 2020-05-19, 11:27

I actually think in 2016 Trump was selling hope and people voted for him because they thought he could solve problems. People upset with globalization etc may have been conned by him. For a while he was even campaigning on the idea of universal health care back in 2016.

Now he's just campaigning on us vs them. I don't think he's going to win over anyone this time besides his nut job base and the usual morons. I also expect a lot of cheating and voter suppression. I
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down