Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coronavirus - The Political Side

+28
TrapperGus
Green money
GRR Spartan
Floyd Robertson
Nordic
Motown Spartan
Dendrobates
msugolfguy
I.B. Fine
Heat Miser
tGreenWay
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
AvgMSUJoe
MiamiSpartan
InTenSity
Rocinante
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
DWags
MattyFresh
steveschneider
Robert J Sakimano
Cameron
32 posters

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next

Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-19, 22:16

Question for the crowd - where and how do you see this whole pandemic thing ending? Scientists have been saying that a vaccine is "a tool" to assist but not a silver bullet. I'm not sure exactly if this stance is being taken because studies are showing ~ 30% of US Americans won't get the vaccine, or if it's because of the unknown length of immunity that a vaccine will provide (many theories, but the low end seems to be 3 months). Or the number of vaccines available. Or some combo of all of the above.

By "end" I mean we fully open up schools, Universities, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, sports, etc.

I suppose this will also be a regional/state decision since we have no Federal leadership unless something changes radically in January.

I am kind of of the mindset that once we have (multiple) vaccines that are readily available (and who knows if they will be, but it sure seems like we will have at least 3 vaccines available by early '21 at latest, and they've been scaling production up), then basically if you choose to ignore science and not get a vaccine, that's on you. Is that wrong?
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - The Political Side

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-20, 07:54

In general, once vaccines are proven safe, and easily available to all, I don't care if people don't get vaccines, as long as me and the people I care about have gotten it. They can only spread it to others that don't get it. I suppose there are exceptions with people who have allergies or other medical reasons to not get a vaccine, but I don't know how common that is or isn't. But if you refuse a vaccine, you should not be allowed medical care if you get covid.

As much as we are inclined to think that the Trumpish or anti-vaxxer movement are behind the polls where 30-40% say they won't get a vaccine, I saw yesterday that when the polio vaccine came out, a similar number of people at the time said they wouldn't get it. I thought that was interesting.

Anyway, as far as the question of how it ends, I don't know. I think that we CAN get back to some semblance of normal without a vaccine. The cases will need to get way down to the point that contract tracking is realistic. And for cases to get way down, people will need to be serious about all of the mitigation efforts until they get way down. And I'm skeptical of that. I feel that people are already starting to relax a little after the recent spikes have started heading down a little (never mind how much higher the cases and positivity rate are compared even to late May/June when people started getting comfortable before.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-20, 08:06

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Question for the crowd - where and how do you see this whole pandemic thing ending? Scientists have been saying that a vaccine is "a tool" to assist but not a silver bullet. I'm not sure exactly if this stance is being taken because studies are showing ~ 30% of US Americans won't get the vaccine, or if it's because of the unknown length of immunity that a vaccine will provide (many theories, but the low end seems to be 3 months). Or the number of vaccines available. Or some combo of all of the above.

By "end" I mean we fully open up schools, Universities, restaurants, gyms, movie theaters, sports, etc.

I suppose this will also be a regional/state decision since we have no Federal leadership unless something changes radically in January.

I am kind of of the mindset that once we have (multiple) vaccines that are readily available (and who knows if they will be, but it sure seems like we will have at least 3 vaccines available by early '21 at latest, and they've been scaling production up), then basically if you choose to ignore science and not get a vaccine, that's on you. Is that wrong?
if you want a lot of typing, check into whatever Miami has to say.

I suspect a resolution will come in some sort of combination of an effective treatment, a somewhat available vaccine that might not be perfect but might be serviceable for the most vulnerable and a form of herd immunity.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-20, 08:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Question for the crowd - where and how do you see this whole pandemic thing ending? Scientists have been saying that a vaccine is "a tool" to assist but not a silver bullet. I'm not sure exactly if this stance is being taken because studies are showing ~ 30% of US Americans won't get the vaccine, or if it's because of the unknown length of immunity that a vaccine will provide (many theories, but the low end seems to be 3 months). Or the number of vaccines available. Or some combo of all of the above.

if you want a lot of typing, check into whatever Miami has to say.

I suspect a resolution will come in some sort of combination of an effective treatment, a somewhat available vaccine that might not be perfect but might be serviceable for the most vulnerable and a form of herd immunity.

I'm humbled by your warm, heartfelt endorsement, Bob. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 55953254
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-20, 08:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:if you want a lot of typing, check into whatever Miami has to say.

I'm humbled by your warm, heartfelt endorsement, Bob. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 55953254
Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

sure thing, my dude. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-20, 19:34

We've now hit 3 Vietnams......in 6 months.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-23, 07:32

As predicted, the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator is hold a mainstream media event today to announce a "major breakthrough" on the hoax....Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

I wonder if our hero, Dr. Scarf, will be there smiling and nodding along?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-08-23, 08:57

Trump is claiming "Deep State" actors in the FDA want to slow down COVID-19 vaccine release for political reasons.

If there is a major announcement today it means he's worried that his Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday speeches for the GOP Convention might not have enough impact and realizes he needs more time infrot of a national TV audience
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-23, 09:49

GRR Spartan wrote:Trump is claiming "Deep State" actors in the FDA want to slow down COVID-19 vaccine release for political reasons.

If there is a major announcement today it means he's worried that his Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday speeches for the GOP Convention might not have enough impact and realizes he needs more time infrot of a national TV audience

When he tweeted that libelous claim against his appointee and other doctors, he HAD to have known that whatever "breakthrough" was ready to be announced. So he tweeted that out so that now he can look like his great and glorious power and leadership has overcome the deep state and he has made them stop holding back.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-08-23, 09:50

GRR Spartan wrote:Russia’s COVID vaccine in production with limited or no testing

https://www.reddit.com/r/WTF/comments/iaisui/cmon_vladimir/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Probably Trump's big announcement for today. He's ordered 370 million doses.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-23, 12:26

I'm not gonna get injected with the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator's jesus juice.. fuck that shit.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-23, 14:38

So the "big breakthrough", according to reports, is convalescent plasma....which tens of thousands of people have received since April.

The very same one that the FDA just pulled back on last week, because scientists at the NIH (likely including Fauci) had concerns about the efficacy since there has been use, but no proper testing.

In other words, Trump bullied the FDA into making an emergency use authorization, so that he has some thing to tout during the convention as the "miracle cure". Trump will probably praise the high case numbers because it means we can produce so much more of this treatment.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-23, 15:58

MiamiSpartan wrote:So the "big breakthrough", according to reports, is convalescent plasma....which tens of thousands of people have received since April.

The very same one that the FDA just pulled back on last week, because scientists at the NIH (likely including Fauci) had concerns about the efficacy since there has been use, but no proper testing.

In other words, Trump bullied the FDA into making an emergency use authorization, so that he has some thing to tout during the convention as the "miracle cure". Trump will probably praise the high case numbers because it means we can produce so much more of this treatment.
and the mainstream media will amplify it to the stupid Americans who will believe it because "I saw it on Good Morning, America"...Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-23, 19:25

CNN is really happy about it..

FDA Authorizes Emergency Coronavirus Treatment

Caution: Mainstream Media Link
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-23, 20:36

Robert J Sakimano wrote:CNN is really happy about it..

FDA Authorizes Emergency Coronavirus Treatment

Reporting a fact is "really happy"? You live in a weird little world, my friend.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-24, 06:20

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:CNN is really happy about it..

Reporting a fact is "really happy"?  You live in a weird little world, my friend.
it was pretty great - they had this huge "BREAKING NEWS" headline in big bright red letters. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

if you enjoyed yesterday's mainstream media "facts", just wait until they team up with the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and announce a vaccine in October.. you're really gonna enjoy that.

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-26, 09:53

as predicted, the numbers will suddenly begin to plunge..

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is no longer recommending coronavirus testing for everyone who’s been exposed to Covid-19, saying people who don’t have symptoms “do not necessarily need a test.”

I'm sure that somewhere Dr. Scarf is smiling and nodding.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-08-27, 09:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:as predicted, the numbers will suddenly begin to plunge..

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is no longer recommending coronavirus testing for everyone who’s been exposed to Covid-19, saying people who don’t have symptoms “do not necessarily need a test.”

The most disturbing bit of all that news is rushing through the change while Fauci was unconscious, under general anesthesia in the operating room. I guess that's what you do when you don't want any pushback. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2020-08-27, 11:45

Robert J Sakimano wrote:as predicted, the numbers will suddenly begin to plunge..

This country is so frustrating.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-27, 11:59

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Reporting a fact is "really happy"?  You live in a weird little world, my friend.
it was pretty great - they had this huge "BREAKING NEWS" headline in big bright red letters. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

if you enjoyed yesterday's mainstream media "facts", just wait until they team up with the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator and announce a vaccine in October.. you're really gonna enjoy that.

great news Miami - as predicted, last night Mother let Mike "I Like Gay SeXXX" Pence tell us that a vaccine is gonna be ready this year!! Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

if you liked the way the mainstream media celebrated the 'facts' the other night, you're gonna love it when they get to roll out a vaccine announcement with your girl, Dr. Scarf, proudly looking on.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-27, 13:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:

great news Miami - as predicted, last night Mother let Mike "I Like Gay SeXXX" Pence tell us that a vaccine is gonna be ready this year!! Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

if you liked the way the mainstream media celebrated the 'facts' the other night, you're gonna love it when they get to roll out a vaccine announcement with your girl, Dr. Scarf, proudly looking on.

What are you even talking about? Is the non-fox/non-oan media praising a vaccine now? I only saw them mention that as one of the many lies in Pence's speech.

But you live in a different reality than the rest of the world, so maybe they are praising him in BobLand.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-27, 14:36

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:great news Miami - as predicted, last night Mother let Mike "I Like Gay SeXXX" Pence tell us that a vaccine is gonna be ready this year!! Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

What are you even talking about? Is the non-fox/non-oan media praising a vaccine now? I only saw them mention that as one of the many lies in Pence's speech.

But you live in a different reality than the rest of the world, so maybe they are praising him in BobLand.
you were just happy about the mainstream media talking about their 'facts' the other day... I said "just wait'll they get to have a celebratory unveiling of the vaccine".. and then, last night, Captain Christian Pence said there will be a vaccine by the end of the year.

Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-27, 16:18

Thank you for explaining the very different world that you live in.

So this other me in your world was "happy"? Because the me in the real world was just saying you're a nutcase for saying that the media was "happy" when they said that the FDA authorized emergency use of a treatment....which they said because the FDA authorized emergency use of a treatment (weird hownthat works, right?). They didn't play it up, they didn't glorify it. Oooh, they used big letters that said Breaking News....because the news had just been announced (thus breaking). It was immediately met with skepticism by the media, as it wasn't any "breakthrough" as claimed.

Pence saying there will be a vaccine by the end of the year is just the same claim that has been said by Trump and his people 100 times...and met with skepticism by the the non-Fox media 100 times. But I guess not in your world.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-27, 17:57

My state representative got the Covid.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2020-08-27, 20:36

Rocinante wrote:My state representative got the Covid.

Thoughts and prayers.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2020-09-02, 10:08

HHS bids out massive $250M ad campaign to put hopeful spin on coronavirus pandemic: report

This smells like a reelection propaganda campaign.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-02, 10:39

Floyd Robertson wrote: HHS bids out massive $250M ad campaign to put hopeful spin on coronavirus pandemic: report

This smells like a reelection propaganda campaign.
yep - and the mainstream media will run with it.. while showing a random black kid looting a store.

nevermind the 200,000 dead Americans and the worst economic collapse since The Great Depression.. this {gulp} black kid might standing next to you tomorrow morning at Panera and you'll need to be prepared.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-02, 19:43

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:great news Miami - as predicted, last night Mother let Mike "I Like Gay SeXXX" Pence tell us that a vaccine is gonna be ready this year!! Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600 Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

check it.. the CDC and the mainstream media is telling states to prepare to distribute vaccines.. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-02, 20:26

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

check it.. the CDC and the mainstream media is telling states to prepare to distribute vaccines.. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

How dare those sinister reporters report!!!
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-03, 04:55

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: check it.. the CDC and the mainstream media is telling states to prepare to distribute vaccines.. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600

How dare those sinister reporters report!!!
It was pretty awesome. Coronavirus - The Political Side - Page 8 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-09, 10:16

Miami.. how ya think Dr. Scarf is doing?

she gettin' geared up for the big vaccine announcement and tractor pull??
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-09, 10:50

Huh?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-09, 12:27

MiamiSpartan wrote:Huh?
just wonderin' what's up with Dr. Scarf..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-09, 13:06

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:Huh?
just wonderin' what's up with Dr. Scarf..

This is a really weird obsession of yours.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-09, 13:13

[quote="MiamiSpartan"]
Robert J Sakimano wrote: just wonderin' what's up with Dr. Scarf..

This is a really weird obsession of yours.[/quot] yeah, I'm weirdly obsessed with how a leading expert in epidemiology just sits, smiles and nods as a sociopath with no value for human life suggests that we inject people with disinfectant.

ya think the vaccine announcement will occur in the Rose Garden? Maybe with some fire and explosions like a KISS concert....
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-09, 14:42

[quote="Robert J Sakimano"]
MiamiSpartan wrote:

This is a really weird obsession of yours.[/quot] yeah, I'm weirdly obsessed with how a leading expert in epidemiology just sits, smiles and nods as a sociopath with no value for human life suggests that we inject people with disinfectant.

ya think the vaccine announcement will occur in the Rose Garden? Maybe with some fire and explosions like a KISS concert....

Which has what to do with me?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-09, 14:54

MiamiSpartan wrote:

nothing. I just thought you might know.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-09-09, 15:11

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

nothing. I just thought you might know.

Like I said, a weird obsession.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-09-09, 15:21

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: nothing. I just thought you might know.

Like I said, a weird obsession.
you can ask me questions if it makes ya feel better.

Admittedly, I don't really know much about anything.. but, ya know. Up to you.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-09-09, 18:10

So follow along.

March was keep the infected people on the cruise ship
The it was it will all go away.
April got us bleach and UV treatment
May was weather is warmer so it’s going to go away

Now we know Trump was telling folks this is deadly and a lot of people will die.

Behold Donald J Trump, your Pathological Liar President
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 23 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next