Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm confident of a huge victory this fall.

+7
tGreenWay
Cameron
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
GRR Spartan
steveschneider
DWags
11 posters

Go down

I'm confident of a huge victory this fall. Empty I'm confident of a huge victory this fall.

Post by DWags 2020-07-29, 22:29

However I don't like Biden. I hope he picks a VP worthy of replacing his senile old ass, and I hope he has a cabinet that will replace these morons and do what's right for the American people.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I'm confident of a huge victory this fall. Empty Re: I'm confident of a huge victory this fall.

Post by steveschneider 2020-07-30, 06:41

The GOP will do whatever it takes to win and the battle ground states are won on such narrow margins that it could be a lot closer than we think. Hopefully the youngster turn out and help us vote this motherfucker out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

I'm confident of a huge victory this fall. Empty Re: I'm confident of a huge victory this fall.

Post by GRR Spartan 2020-07-30, 07:45

Why do you think Biden is senile? The constant media pounding about his age that has been fed by the GOP for years and the Clinton faction of the Democratic Party for the 8 years of the Obama administration?

Joe Biden is a great retail politician. Something Obama saw, admired and implemented in his own campaigns.

If Biden asked me about VP, it’s Senator Tammy Duckworth from IL. Her biggest negative is she’s an Asian-American rather than African-American.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-07-30, 09:34

GRR Spartan wrote:Why do you think Biden is senile? The constant media pounding about his age that has been fed by the GOP for years and the Clinton faction of the Democratic Party for the 8 years of the Obama administration?

Joe Biden is a great retail politician. Something Obama saw, admired and implemented in his own campaigns.

If Biden asked me about VP, it’s Senator Tammy Duckworth from IL. Her biggest negative is she’s an Asian-American rather than African-American.

Couldn't agree more on Duckworth, including the one drawback (though it took me a bit to get past the last name, as I really hated Kevin Duckworth back in the day). That's not a personal drawback for me, but more the current climate and I wonder if not picking a black VP will hurt Biden. But she's such a badass.

I wouldn't be as in favor of Biden if his opponent wasnt such a threat to our military, intelligence community, foreign service community, international relations, minorities, the rule of law, and the Constitution itself. I always liked him back in the day, and thought he was an impressive VP choice. But I don't think that it is ideal electing a first term president at his age. But I also hope/expect/think that he will nominate experienced, qualified people, and listen to them. And that's all I want from a president, whatever their politics.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-30, 12:43

Biden if he wins is a one term president if he’s lucky. So whoever is his VP has to be assumed time be president in waiting. She has to be really prepared to step into the job at a moments notice and has to have the ability to rule up the base for 2024. She also has to have economic bonafides because the Biden agenda is by necessity so broad and bold. We gotta dig out of the Trump / Corona hole we’ll be suffering through but that the stimulus and payroll and unemployment relief have staved off. In order the best candidates to meet these criteria are:
Warren
Harris/Duckworth
Rice
Demmings

And I actually really like the idea of a president Demmings, but I don’t think she’ll get the pick.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-07-30, 14:12

The only one of those names I have strong feelings about is Kamala, so I feel pretty sure that she'll get the nod. Nothing good ever happens.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-07-30, 14:19

Atta boy.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-08-04, 18:05

I like Sen. Duckworth as Veep pick, but yeah, I can’t see Biden going with anyone but an AA woman. Not a fan of any of the final names mentioned. Demmings has baggage from her days as head of OPD, Bass is a good legislator, but doesn’t seem nearly presidential enough, and as has been mentioned, this pick may likely end up POTUS before T1 is finished. Kamala Harris is a logical pick, despite some of the baggage from her being a prosecutor. For me personally, I’m not a fan of Harris’ and I can’t figure out why. Something in my brain keeps scratching, telling me she’s a scandal waiting to happen. More a player/politician in the same vein as a Clinton, Bill or Hillary.
But if Biden’s team can get over the campaign bad blood, she’s got to be a/the smart pick. So, although I’m still disgusted with Uncle Joe’s treatment of Anita Hill, and my gut telling me Harris might someday become a problem, I’ll spend time and money working to get them elected.

Edit: Forgot about Susan Rice, who would probably be my top choice. She’s a smart woman with the necessary experience to lead the country in the event Joe doesn’t/can’t finish T1. I’m just not sure she would excite the masses the way Sen. Harris would. Too bad, IMO.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2020-08-04, 18:10

One other thing: I am not confident of a huge victory this fall.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-04, 18:19

tGreenWay wrote:I like Sen. Duckworth as Veep pick, but yeah, I can’t see Biden going with anyone but an AA woman. Not a fan of any of the final names mentioned. Demmings has baggage from her days as head of OPD, Bass is a good legislator, but doesn’t seem nearly presidential enough, and as has been mentioned, this pick may likely end up POTUS before T1 is finished. Kamala Harris is a logical pick, despite some of the baggage from her being a prosecutor. For me personally, I’m not a fan of Harris’ and I can’t figure out why. Something in my brain keeps scratching, telling me she’s a scandal waiting to happen. More a player/politician in the same vein as a Clinton, Bill or Hillary.
But if Biden’s team can get over the campaign bad blood, she’s got to be a/the smart pick. So, although I’m still disgusted with Uncle Joe’s treatment of Anita Hill, and my gut telling me Harris might someday become a problem, I’ll spend time and money working to get them elected.

Edit: Forgot about Susan Rice, who would probably be my top choice. She’s a smart woman with the necessary experience to lead the country in the event Joe doesn’t/can’t finish T1. I’m just not sure she would excite the masses the way Sen. Harris would. Too bad, IMO.  

I haven't talked to many people who find Kamala Harris likable. You don't have to learn much about her to get a "whatever it takes to get to the top" vibe from her. But then, I'm predisposed to distrust all former prosecutors. That job attracts climbers.

Last edited by Cameron on 2020-08-04, 21:27; edited 2 times in total
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-04, 18:40

She definitely doesn’t shy away from confrontation. She got all up in Barr’s ass. It was great to see. Her line of questioning made it look like Barr was definitely lying. One drawback is (and it ain’t her fault) is this shithole country has a double standard for women and women of strength. Now add color....
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-04, 20:50

Its hysterical to me that people talk about a VP candidate as needing to be "likeable" compared to the white supremacist in the White House who owns the worst economy since The Great Depression, is responsible for a pandemic that has killed 156,000+ Americans, locks children in cages and brags about raping women.

But, yeah.. let's make sure Biden's VP is likeable. I'm confident of a huge victory this fall. 502811600

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-04, 21:28

It doesn't matter when comparing to the Trump/Pence ticket. It is a relevant consideration in comparison to the other VP candidates.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-04, 21:49

Here's why it's important (to me). I want the candidate to be black to energize the black voters who are not enthused about voting for Uncle Joe. And I want the candidate to be progressive enough to energize the Bernie Bros who are not enthused about voting for Uncle Joe. I want every damn vote for Uncle Joe in November possible. Get him out. And I hope we get our cake and can eat it, too. And that the nominee is able to influence the Administration positively in regards to black and progressive issues. But eyes firmly on the prize so we can sleep at night for a few weeks.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-04, 23:13

This election is the highest priority, but Biden is also choosing the very likely Democratic nominee for 2024. Or at the very least, is giving them a huge headstart.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-05, 05:37

I just hope they're likeable.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-05, 21:02

https://twitter.com/allanlichtman/status/1290955319980564486?s=21

Alan Lichtman makes his prediction.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-05, 21:03

steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/allanlichtman/status/1290955319980564486?s=21

Uh oh, no blue check...
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-05, 21:30

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:https://twitter.com/allanlichtman/status/1290955319980564486?s=21

Uh oh, no blue check...

It’s funny to watch you mock what you don’t even understand.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-05, 21:59

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:
Uh oh, no blue check...

What is it that you imagine I don't understand here?
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-05, 22:03

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Alan Lichtman is an expert and a legend.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-05, 22:06

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

But he has no blue check, steve. The blue check is everything.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-06, 08:17

Cameron wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

But he has no blue check, steve. The blue check is everything.

Some people refuse them. His reputation speaks for itself.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2020-08-06, 13:02

Voter registration is way down all over the country. And newer data is showing republicans are pacing democrats. If you think this will be a walk, think again. People scoffing at the vote suppression tactics of the gop need to realize that they don’t need to actually disenfranchise people, they just need to make it hard enough that they give up. Every effort to neuter the black and brown vote is one step toward the goal. It’s death by a thousand cuts. Trump could still easily win this thing. So quit with your victory laps.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/voter-registrations-are-way-way-down-during-the-pandemic/

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/11/trump-voter-registration-355152

Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-08-11, 16:28

Cameron wrote:The only one of those names I have strong feelings about is Kamala, so I feel pretty sure that she'll get the nod. Nothing good ever happens.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2020-08-11, 16:29

Cameron wrote: Nothing good ever happens.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2020-08-11, 16:39

Rocinante wrote:Voter registration is way down all over the country. And newer data is showing republicans are pacing democrats. If you think this will be a walk, think again. People scoffing at the vote suppression tactics of the gop need to realize that they don’t need to actually disenfranchise people, they just need to make it hard enough that they give up. Every effort to neuter the black and brown vote is one step toward the goal. It’s death by a thousand cuts. Trump could still easily win this thing. So quit with your victory laps.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/voter-registrations-are-way-way-down-during-the-pandemic/

I do t get why the Dems don’t spend every nickel on getting Obama on adds and energizing a base that really doesn’t seem to care anymore.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-11, 16:53

DWags wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Voter registration is way down all over the country. And newer data is showing republicans are pacing democrats. If you think this will be a walk, think again. People scoffing at the vote suppression tactics of the gop need to realize that they don’t need to actually disenfranchise people, they just need to make it hard enough that they give up. Every effort to neuter the black and brown vote is one step toward the goal. It’s death by a thousand cuts. Trump could still easily win this thing. So quit with your victory laps.

I do t get why the Dems don’t spend every nickel on getting Obama on adds and energizing a base that really doesn’t seem to care anymore.

What do you give them? Sanders had about the most exciting campaign you could ask for with the Strokes opening up his rallies and those people didn't turn out and vote.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-11, 19:27

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Cameron wrote:The only one of those names I have strong feelings about is Kamala, so I feel pretty sure that she'll get the nod. Nothing good ever happens.
I'm confident of a huge victory this fall. 294152859
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2020-08-11, 19:53

Cameron wrote:

Go on twitter and look at the pride from the African American community. This is a great day for the party. Jump on aboard and let's do this.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-11, 20:06

Cameron wrote:

Be comforted in knowing more than one on that VP list will probably end up in his administration.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2020-08-11, 21:02

Futures price dropped 20 cents on Uncle Joe today at betonline. Not great.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-11, 21:36

kingstonlake wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Be comforted in knowing more than one on that VP list will probably end up in his administration.

Other than Susan Rice as a potential SecState, are any of those finalists at all qualified for a cabinet position? I don't know all of their histories, so I'm open to arguments.

And I liked most of them as VP candidates. Cabinet positions are different.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2020-08-11, 23:02

steveschneider wrote:
Cameron wrote:

Go on twitter and look at the pride from the African American community. This is a great day for the party. Jump on aboard and let's do this.
I don't give a shit about the party. If the black community is happy, that's cool. I would have preferred virtually any of the other VP candidates, many of whom were also black women.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-12, 07:35

MiamiSpartan wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:

Other than Susan Rice as a potential SecState, are any of those finalists at all qualified for a cabinet position?  I don't know all of their histories, so I'm open to arguments.

And I liked most of them as VP candidates.  Cabinet positions are different.

Bass: is on the judiciary committee and foreign affairs committee
Duckworth: to many to list and more decorated than a birthday cake
Warren: Obvious
Whitmer: Maybe HHS (might be a stretch) Department of Transportation? Education? Labor?
Rice: You mentioned
Demmings: Homeland security?
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-12, 07:38

Buttegieg - might not be ready as Sec. of Defense, but certainly a high level foreign affairs, national security advisor position.

people just need to register, turn out to vote. If people vote, and votes are counted, Biden wins in a landslide.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-12, 08:16

kingstonlake wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

Other than Susan Rice as a potential SecState, are any of those finalists at all qualified for a cabinet position?  I don't know all of their histories, so I'm open to arguments.

And I liked most of them as VP candidates.  Cabinet positions are different.

Bass: is on the judiciary committee and foreign affairs committee
Duckworth: to many to list and more decorated than a birthday cake
Warren: Obvious
Whitmer: Maybe HHS (might be a stretch) Department of Transportation? Education? Labor?
Rice: You mentioned
Demmings: Homeland security?

Bass: How does being on a House committee qualify her for leading a major cabinet position/department.

Duckworth: I've expressed my huge admiration for her, but being a war hero doesn't make someone qualified as SecDef. There are hundreds of people more qualified.

Warren: What cabinet position is "obvious" that she is qualified for?

Whitmer: Country prosecutor, state legislator, and 2 years as Governor makes her qualified for what?

Demmings: Being a former police chief in a city makes her qualified to be head of Homeland security?

I guess I'd prefer to find some of the most expert/qualified people in those fields than making cabinet positions a "thank you for endorsing me in the primary" or "sorry I didn't pick you as VP" position. I understand that's how it works sometimes, but it doesn't make it right.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2020-08-12, 09:20

I’d assume committee assignments would be a huge advantage for a cabinet member when dealing or negotiating with legislators in getting bills passed  

Duckworth doesn’t have to be secretary of defense. Veteran’s affairs?

I’d assume serving on the Homeland Security committee is a decent qualification for homeland security as far as Demmings goes.

If you don’t think Warrens qualified for a cabinet position then surely she isn’t qualified to be Vice President let alone President.

Whitmer has dealt with an R controlled legislator, recall attempts, but jobs storming the capital, infrastructure issues within the state, and a state hit hard by covid and seems to have scored well by most accounts. Sec of transportation. Labor. Both qualified if you ask me.

I’m leaning that any of those women are far less “bought”....no ones clean though. None big political donors.  I’m not saying they all deserve cabinet spots but they have qualifications that aren’t head scratchers . I don’t see a Betsy Devos in that group.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2020-08-12, 11:49

I sure don't want donors. There are people at high levels in fields related to these departments and/or at these departments (currently or formerly). It shouldn't be donors or politicians. You can say that some of these ladies have experiences that align with the field of certain departments, but that doesn't make them close to the most qualified, or even qualified at all, to be leading them. That doesn't mean they can't or would be bad at it, but there are many more qualified.

As far as Warren goes, being qualified for president or VP is a lot different than being qualified to run a department, IMO. A president and VP needs to listen to the experts, not to be an expert.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2020-08-12, 11:56

MiamiSpartan wrote:I sure don't want donors. There are people at high levels in fields related to these departments and/or at these departments (currently or formerly). It shouldn't be donors or politicians. You can say that some of these ladies have experiences that align with the field of certain departments, but that doesn't make them close to the most qualified, or even qualified at all, to be leading them. That doesn't mean they can't or would be bad at it, but there are many more qualified.

As far as Warren goes, being qualified for president or VP is a lot different than being qualified to run a department, IMO. A president and VP needs to listen to the experts, not to be an expert.
Biden's gonna have to win, first.

(I know you know that.. I'm just doing the cart/horse thing).
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down