Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2020 Presidential campaign.

+21
InTenSity
The Pantry
Watch Out Pylon!
Turtleneck
DWags
tGreenWay
WhiteBoyHatcher
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
Cameron
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
Rick Saunders
kingstonlake
Travis of the Cosmos
GRR Spartan
AvgMSUJoe
steveschneider
Rocinante
MiamiSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
25 posters

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 5 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by MiamiSpartan 8/16/2020, 11:50 am

steveschneider wrote:I watched a PBS documentary on Ronald Regan last week.  It was excellent.

https://twitter.com/kasie/status/1295006662009524227?s=21

The entire time I thought about shit like that. I’m convinced he would be stand against Trumpism.

PBS recently did a real good documentary about the Bush I Foreign Policy team. It's called Statecraft. It is kind of incredible to remember the foreign policy challenges that Bush I faced in just 1 term.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 5 Empty Re: The 2020 Presidential campaign.

Post by GRR Spartan 8/16/2020, 11:57 am

I met Trump’s brother once at a project meeting for The Plaza Hotel after Trump Organization bought it and was starting a major (and much needed) update/renovation.

I was there with a lighting designer. Trump’s brother was nice enough but after the meeting we went to see an electrical contractor who we were told would be involved. At that meeting I found out Robert Trump was the guy who would beat people down on price and then offer the bid “winner” 50% to 60% on the dollar after jobs were 90% completed. The reason so many trades other than concrete foundation and steel structure contractors went belly up after working a major Trump job.

GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 8/16/2020, 1:11 pm

Ronald Reagan was a piece of shit.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos, Cameron and kingstonlake like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 8/17/2020, 10:19 am

lol, how this fukcer gets away with shit is beyond me, aside from the fact that America is a stupid country.

[tw]1295155501928312832[/tw]

Promoting "fraudulent" voting by mail. So the bottom is the AZ republican party, but you'd think they want to get their story in sync with the boss.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 8/17/2020, 10:34 am

ya gotta remember, any decent person with a shred of integrity knew that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator was going to run America into the ground, ruin the economy and kill hundreds of thousands of people in the process.

We knew that 4 years ago. It's who he is. I don't blame him.

I don't even really blame the racist, stupid Americans that vote for him. They're just a product of our society.

I lay the blame squarely at the Senate majority. They could do something about him today. They had their chance, but they're as compromised by Russia as he is.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 8/17/2020, 11:29 am

Floyd Robertson wrote:lol, how this fukcer gets away with shit is beyond me, aside from the fact that America is a stupid country.

[tw]1295155501928312832[/tw]

Promoting "fraudulent" voting by mail. So the bottom is the AZ republican party, but you'd think they want to get their story in sync with the boss.

To be fair, their message is consistent with Trump's. Those are absentee ballots, which are good. But mail in ballots are bad...except in Florida and a couple other states. Never mind that they're the same thing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 8/17/2020, 11:42 am

my lovely wife said that a CNN poll has the race tightening.

Remember: don't believe the polls. They're wildly inaccurate and designed to create a narrative for the elite media and pointy-headed intellectuals to sit around and deconstruct. They have to talk about something when we live in a mind-numbing 24 hour news cycle.

also, remember that they're skewed. Very few people admit to supporting a racist, bigoted christian sexual predator who takes pride in locking children in cages, ruining the economy and presiding over 170,000+ deaths. Just like our fine patriotic citizenry past and present here at tSwill "I don't like him.. but.. " - The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 5 502811600

they won't say it out loud to a pollster or even idiots like us at an anonymous message board. But we all know who they worship and who they vote for when nobody is looking.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 8/17/2020, 11:51 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:ya gotta remember, any decent person with a shred of integrity knew that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator was going to run America into the ground, ruin the economy and kill hundreds of thousands of people in the process.

I don't even really blame the racist, stupid Americans that vote for him. They're just a product of our society.

I lay the blame squarely at the Senate majority. They could do something about him today. They had their chance, but they're as compromised by Russia as he is.

I'd add the House members who voted against impeachment to that, as well, because a firm mandate with a large majority from the House (who actually heard first hand witness testimony) would have made it difficult for the Senate to be so blatantly on party lines.

I don't agree, however, that anyone could have seen all this 4 years ago. He hadn't run the economy into the ground before the pandemic (but I'm not saying that he deserves the credit that he heaps on himself either). It was clear that being a morally bankrupt individual, that he would wreck some shit. But a lot of the things he's done (and perhaps more striking, HOW he's done them) are worse than expected. And he's got exceedingly worse in the last year or so.

With so much focus on the pandemic, his divisiveness, his racism, etc., no one is even talking about his policy record. He had 2 years with a Republican controlled House and Senate, and accomplished little of his big campaign promises. Minor changes, not a repealing, of Obamacare. Couldn't get the wall built (and had to do a questionable EO to circumvent Congress. Other things, too, that I'm sure we could make a list of. Mr Deal Maker Extraordinaire couldn't make deals with his own slurpers. So before and after the Dems controlled the house, he's had to bypass Congress with dubious authority. That's what I mean by the "what and how" he's done things are worse than expected.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 8/17/2020, 1:30 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:ya gotta remember, any decent person with a shred of integrity knew that the racist, bigoted christian sexual predator was going to run America into the ground, ruin the economy and kill hundreds of thousands of people in the process.

I'd add the House members who voted against impeachment to that, as well, because a firm mandate with a large majority from the House (who actually heard first hand witness testimony) would have made it difficult for the Senate to be so blatantly on party lines.  

I don't agree, however, that anyone could have seen all this 4 years ago.  He hadn't run the economy into the ground before the pandemic (but I'm not saying that he deserves the credit that he heaps on himself either).  It was clear that being a morally bankrupt individual, that he would wreck some shit.  But a lot of the things he's done (and perhaps more striking, HOW he's done them) are worse than expected.  And he's got exceedingly worse in the last year or so.

With so much focus on the pandemic, his divisiveness, his racism, etc., no one is even talking about his policy record.  He had 2 years with a Republican controlled House and Senate, and accomplished little of his big campaign promises.  Minor changes, not a repealing, of Obamacare.  Couldn't get the wall built (and had to do a questionable EO to circumvent Congress.  Other things, too, that I'm sure we could make a list of.  Mr Deal Maker Extraordinaire couldn't make deals with his own slurpers.  So before and after the Dems controlled the house, he's had to bypass Congress with dubious authority.  That's what I mean by the "what and how" he's done things are worse than expected.
I'm surprised it took him as long as it did for him to ruin the economy and everything that Obama had given him. Because of his blinding incompetence, it was hanging by a thin thread his entire first term - when it became obvious that he had no clue how to deal with the virus, it was the first time some people realized he might not be up for the job.

and he's still probably gonna win in November..  The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 5 502811600  The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 5 502811600
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 8/17/2020, 1:37 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

I don't agree, however, that anyone could have seen all this 4 years ago. He hadn't run the economy into the ground before the pandemic (but I'm not saying that he deserves the credit that he heaps on himself either). It was clear that being a morally bankrupt individual, that he would wreck some shit. But a lot of the things he's done (and perhaps more striking, HOW he's done them) are worse than expected. And he's got exceedingly worse in the last year or so.

With so much focus on the pandemic, his divisiveness, his racism, etc., no one is even talking about his policy record. He had 2 years with a Republican controlled House and Senate, and accomplished little of his big campaign promises. Minor changes, not a repealing, of Obamacare. Couldn't get the wall built (and had to do a questionable EO to circumvent Congress. Other things, too, that I'm sure we could make a list of. Mr Deal Maker Extraordinaire couldn't make deals with his own slurpers. So before and after the Dems controlled the house, he's had to bypass Congress with dubious authority. That's what I mean by the "what and how" he's done things are worse than expected.

One of the most sickening things is that during the pandemic he's contrinued to steamroll environmental protections while no one is paying much attention. Another case in point, issuing finalized plans for ANWR drilling today. There will probably be some legal battles over this, but it's just another FU to the environment cause he's going to be dead in a few days/months/years anyway.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 8/17/2020, 2:00 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

One of the most sickening things is that during the pandemic he's contrinued to steamroll environmental protections while no one is paying much attention. Another case in point, issuing finalized plans for ANWR drilling today. There will probably be some legal battles over this, but it's just another FU to the environment cause he's going to be dead in a few days/months/years anyway.

More brilliance on his part. We've got more oil than we have places to keep it, yet lets go turn this wilderness into a wasteland to drill for more.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 8/17/2020, 2:38 pm

[tw]1294859826036715520?s=09[/tw]

**I don't think this is really a Biden approved ad, but would be funny if it is.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/17/2020, 2:46 pm

[tw]1295074199816548352?s=21[/tw]

cheers

Thank you, Bernie. Also, Jake is like me and wondering wtf is up with his former staff member?
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/17/2020, 4:51 pm

[tw]1295428130170195968?s=21[/tw]
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/18/2020, 10:16 am

steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 8/18/2020, 10:33 am

I'm still on GOP mailing lists since I had to register as a Republican to vote for John McCain in the 2000 primary.

I got 3 official looking "ballot requests" running up to the MI primary all 2 weeks prior of getting the official absentee ballot request from the MI Sec of State. I saw it a phishing and fund raising. Each of the "requests" had a letter asking for $35 -$50-$100-$250-$500-$1000 donations to support President trump and election integrity.

I have gotten 4 questionnaires and a letter with each from the RNC saying as an important person in my community I have been selected to be on the RNC's advisory commitee to re-elect President Trump and my input is critical. Somewhere between the second and fifth paragraph they ask for a donation in the same denominations as listed above.

Since July 1 I have also gotten four letters from President Trump asking for a donation in the same denominations.

Its kind of confusing becuse I remember Donald J Trump said he was going to self-fund his campaign because he was a billionaire.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 8/18/2020, 10:45 am

GRR Spartan wrote:I'm still on GOP mailing lists since I had to register as a Republican to vote for John McCain in the 2000 primary.

I got 3 official looking "ballot requests" running up to the MI primary all 2 weeks prior of getting the official absentee ballot request from the MI Sec of State. I saw it a phishing and fund raising. Each of the "requests" had a letter asking for $35 -$50-$100-$250-$500-$1000 donations to support President trump and election integrity.

I have gotten 4 questionnaires and a letter with each from the RNC saying as an important person in my community I have been selected to be on the RNC's advisory commitee to re-elect President Trump and my input is critical. Somewhere between the second and fifth paragraph they ask for a donation in the same denominations as listed above.

Since July 1 I have also gotten four letters from President Trump asking for a donation in the same denominations.

Its kind of confusing becuse I remember Donald J Trump said he was going to self-fund his campaign because he was a billionaire.

Michigan became an open primary state in 1995. You got bamboozled into registering as a Republican
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 8/18/2020, 10:48 am

steveschneider wrote:

Michelle Obama is a great American.. one of the best Americans, actually.

(she has the bonus of driving both misogynists and racists absolutely insane, too).

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 8/18/2020, 11:39 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
GRR Spartan wrote:I'm still on GOP mailing lists since I had to register as a Republican to vote for John McCain in the 2000 primary.

I got 3 official looking "ballot requests" running up to the MI primary all 2 weeks prior of getting the official absentee ballot request from the MI Sec of State.  I saw it a phishing and fund raising.  Each of the "requests" had a letter asking for $35 -$50-$100-$250-$500-$1000 donations to support President trump and election integrity.

I have gotten 4 questionnaires and a letter with each from the RNC saying as an important person in my community I have been selected to be on the RNC's advisory commitee to re-elect President Trump and my input is critical.   Somewhere between the second and fifth paragraph they ask for a donation in the same denominations as listed above.

Michigan became an open primary state in 1995. You got bamboozled into registering as a Republican

You can’t split a ticket.  There were two ballots and you needed to request one.  That changed 4 or 8 years later. Have never registered for any party.  

PS
I voted McCain as an attempt to stop a Bush dynasty.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 8/18/2020, 11:39 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

Michelle Obama is a great American.. one of the best Americans, actually.

(she has the bonus of driving both misogynists and racists absolutely insane, too).

In one of the biggest pieces of hypocrisy in a presidency filled with wall to wall hypocrisy, Trump called her speech "divisive".

He also complained that the number of people that she said was killed by the virus was lower than it really is (I don't remember how many she said...his point was that she recorded it a long time ago).

These are really the best things he can come up with to criticize her speech?
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 8/18/2020, 11:50 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Michelle Obama is a great American.. one of the best Americans, actually.

In one of the biggest pieces of hypocrisy in a presidency filled with wall to wall hypocrisy, Trump called her speech "divisive".

He also complained that the number of people that she said was killed by the virus was lower than it really is (I don't remember how many she said...his point was that she recorded it a long time ago).

These are really the best things he can come up with to criticize her speech?

Nobody said he was a stable genius.

Oh, wait.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 8/18/2020, 11:55 am

Crain’s Detroit is reporting the USPS has removed 10 mail sorting machines from regional facilities in MI including facilities in Detroit and Pontiac.

Each machine sorts 32,000 pieces per hour.
32,000 pieces x 10 machines x 8 hr shift is 2.56M pieces of mail going unsorted a day 15.3M in a 6 day week.

Add the Postmaster General currently isn’t allowing supervisors to approve overtime or hire additional personnel.

I see this as a bum’s rush to remove as many machines as possible before Postmaster General DeJoy appears before Congress.

PS

You won’t hear any comments about the USPS from GOP US Senate candidate John James. Post Master General DeJoy is of his campaign’s contributors.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 8/18/2020, 1:00 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Crain’s Detroit is reporting the USPS has removed 10 mail sorting machines from regional facilities in MI including facilities in Detroit and Pontiac.

32,000 pieces x 10 machines x 8 hr shift is 2.56M pieces of mail going unsorted a day 15.3M in a 6 day week.

Add the Postmaster General currently isn’t allowing supervisors to approve overtime or hire additional personnel.

I see this as a bum’s rush to remove as many machines as possible before Postmaster General DeJoy appears before Congress.

PS

You won’t hear any comments about the USPS from GOP US Senate candidate John James. Post Master General DeJoy is of his campaign’s contributors.

Not to rain on the conspiracy, but just maybe they are no longer needed. First class mail volume over the past five years has decreased by about 5 billion pieces.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 8/18/2020, 1:36 pm

GRR Spartan wrote:Crain’s Detroit is reporting the USPS has removed 10 mail sorting machines from regional facilities in MI including facilities in Detroit and Pontiac.

PS

How many remain? How many can the remaining ones sort, and what is the volume received? I don't know the answers, just asking the questions because the context is important. Meadows was saying the other day that the machines that have been removed were long on the list to be removed and that it doesn't affect the volume they can handle. I am NOT saying I trust him, but it is important to know.

FWIW, in the same interview he also pretty much contradicted Trump's claims that the post office "can't handle" the volume increase from mail in voting, calling the increase a "fly on an elephant's back" or something like that. And on that, Meadows is correct. The USPS handles about 11 BILLION pieces of mail per month. If every single registered voter mails in a ballot, that's an increase of less than 1.5%.

Want to make it even easier for them to handle it? Suspend marketing emails for a few weeks before the election. About HALF of the USPS volume is marketing materials. Heck, even allow campaign materials if it gets the job done. You're still talking BILLIONS of fewer mail pieces needing processing for just a few weeks.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 8/18/2020, 1:47 pm

Trump's F'ing with USPS is big thing, don't get me wrong, but the Democrats need to be heavily promoting the alternative to mail. That is, dropping it at their community's box or clerk's office. Want to guarantee your ballot gets there on time? Drop it off yourself. Sure, there are people who can't, but for many this is the best fool-proof option. I needs to be coming out of the mouths of every Democratic elected official and candidate whenever a mic is waved in front of their faces.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 8/18/2020, 1:51 pm

This from USPS, September of last year: volume, income, personnel, other stuff
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 8/18/2020, 2:16 pm

DeKillJoy is backing off.

[tw]1295778743924006912[/tw]
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 8/18/2020, 2:18 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:DeKillJoy is backing off.

and if you believe this, I can assure you that the coronavirus is a hoax that will go away when it warms up in April.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 8/18/2020, 2:35 pm

FWIW, the Mark Meadows interview I referenced above said the same thing. He guaranteed that no machines would be removed between now and the election (obviously, some already had been, though). So DeJoy would seem to have been told to back off on that.

It all just makes it more and more obvious that this is all about the claims they'll make period from November 4-January 20 (and beyond), not between now and November 3.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 8/18/2020, 2:58 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:

FWIW, the Mark Meadows interview I referenced above said the same thing. He guaranteed that no machines would be removed between now and the election (obviously, some already had been, though). So DeJoy would seem to have been told to back off on that.

It all just makes it more and more obvious that this is all about the claims they'll make period from November 4-January 20 (and beyond), not between now and November 3.
yep - as ugly as the last 4 years have been with the christian patriot, it's going to get exponentially more ugly between now and then.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 8/19/2020, 8:30 am

The Republican involvement at the Democratic convention is remarkable, even though it probably upsets some here.

John Kasic, Christine Todd-Whitman, Susan Molinari, Colin Powell, and Cindy McCain effectively giving Biden John McCain's endorsement. Those are some pretty big names. It's not just a few strategists whose guy lost to Trump making videos as some Trump supporters have suggested.

I also saw a good point made, that through the first two nights of the DNC, they have rarely, if at all, bashed "Republicans", and instead have been bashing Trump (and sometimes Pence) by name. Typically you'd have "The Republicans did this" or "Trump and the Republicans did that". And maybe we will see more of that in the next 2 days. But it is still very interesting to see, and should speak volumes to independents and fence-sitting Republicans.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 8/19/2020, 9:06 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:The Republican involvement at the Democratic convention is remarkable, even though it probably upsets some here.

John Kasic, Christine Todd-Whitman, Susan Molinari, Colin Powell, and Cindy McCain effectively giving Biden John McCain's endorsement.  Those are some pretty big names.  It's not just a few strategists whose guy lost to Trump making videos as some Trump supporters have suggested.  

I also saw a good point made, that through the first two nights of the DNC, they have rarely, if at all, bashed "Republicans", and instead have been bashing Trump (and sometimes Pence) by name.  Typically you'd have "The Republicans did this" or "Trump and the Republicans did that".  And maybe we will see more of that in the next 2 days.  But it is still very interesting to see, and should speak volumes to independents and fence-sitting Republicans.
I agree - it's good to see at least a few Republicans put love of country over party.

I often wonder what difference it might make. Of course, there are all of the racist, bigoted misogynists who are okay living through a pandemic with nearly 200,000 Americans dead and the worst economy since The Great Depression as long as it means brown children are locked in cages and those filthy Mexicans are sent back to their shithole country.

But I would think/hope that these patriotic Republican souls participating at the Democrat National Convention could at least inspire one or two suburban Moms who fell into the mainstream media/Russian trap 4 years ago to remember that America is better than the last 4 years.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/19/2020, 9:26 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:The Republican involvement at the Democratic convention is remarkable, even though it probably upsets some here.

John Kasic, Christine Todd-Whitman, Susan Molinari, Colin Powell, and Cindy McCain effectively giving Biden John McCain's endorsement. Those are some pretty big names. It's not just a few strategists whose guy lost to Trump making videos as some Trump supporters have suggested.

I also saw a good point made, that through the first two nights of the DNC, they have rarely, if at all, bashed "Republicans", and instead have been bashing Trump (and sometimes Pence) by name. Typically you'd have "The Republicans did this" or "Trump and the Republicans did that". And maybe we will see more of that in the next 2 days. But it is still very interesting to see, and should speak volumes to independents and fence-sitting Republicans.

You hope. Before the twitter cops show up, I’ve received texts from several of my progressive friends melting down over Kasich. It’s embarrassing. In one month no one will even remember Kasich speaking at the convention but to then it’s the ultimate act of selling out.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 8/19/2020, 9:55 am

Your friends and the texts you share with them and the things you and your friends talk about sound dreadful
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/19/2020, 11:40 am

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Your friends and the texts you share with them and the things you and your friends talk about sound dreadful

Hope the rest of your day goes better for you. The 2020 Presidential campaign. - Page 5 969504605
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 8/19/2020, 11:55 am

My day is great.

I just hope that one of your legion of friends doesn’t text you with the most boring possible of conversations. If someone texts me today complaining about something that happens at the Democratic convention then I’m going to take them out golfing or on a boat or something so that they can work on their mental health.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 8/19/2020, 12:03 pm

steveschneider wrote:

You hope. Before the twitter cops show up, I’ve received texts from several of my progressive friends melting down over Kasich. It’s embarrassing. In one month no one will even remember Kasich speaking at the convention but to then it’s the ultimate act of selling out.

I've heard that Hispanics are pissed that they aren't getting their ass kissed more by Dems, too.

Whatever, if any Hispanics and/or progressives prefer someone that is 0% on board with them as people, let alone their ideas, as opposed to someone who is 100% on board with them as people and 75% on board with their ideas, then that's their choice.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 8/19/2020, 12:06 pm

Steve, did you fail to check with Travis as to what you're allowed to post about again? You know how he gets. Travis has rules, dammit.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/19/2020, 12:19 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:My day is great.

I just hope that one of your legion of friends doesn’t text you with the most boring possible of conversations. If someone texts me today complaining about something that happens at the Democratic convention then I’m going to take them out golfing or on a boat or something so that they can work on their mental health.

Good to hear. Pretty shocking people text about politics in an election year but if it bothers you at least you got some countermeasures to deal with it.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 8/19/2020, 12:27 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
steveschneider wrote:

I've heard that Hispanics are pissed that they aren't getting their ass kissed more by Dems, too.

Whatever, if any Hispanics and/or progressives prefer someone that is 0% on board with them as people, let alone their ideas, as opposed to someone who is 100% on board with them as people and 75% on board with their ideas, then that's their choice.

Julian Castro was on News Hour last night discussing that and pretty much stated he's convinced that Biden will win the Hispanic vote. Still there's about 25% of the Hispanic vote that will go for Trump. I'd have to look but I think that's about the same as 2016 for Trump.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next