Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+33
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
Other Teams Pursuing That
Nordic
Trapper Gus
GRR Spartan
J T
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
InTenSity
AvgMSUJoe
I.B. Fine
amiahtfrazier
Travis of the Cosmos
Bert Savoy
Heat Miser
MrMojoRisin
Dendrobates
Rocinante
kingstonlake
Bill Cain
SawGreen
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
steveschneider
aualum06
CORNER BLITZ
StylesGShmooth
WhiteBoyHatcher
Watch Out Pylon!
37 posters

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 19 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-06-21, 08:33

tGreenWay wrote:Turns out Brett Goldstein from Ted Lasso (he played grumpy Roy Kent) is also one of the co-creators and writers on the new series Shrinking. That’s a pretty good resume to have.
Yeah, didn't put 1 and 1 together with Lasso. He wrote much of that too.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever - Page 19 Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-06-25, 22:39

Billy The Kid on MGM+ (formerly Epix) is pretty good. Michael Hirst created it, so I'm pretty much guaranteed to like it. He's the GOAT of historical drama IMO. Wrote Elizabeth and Elizabeth: The Golden Age, and created and wrote Vikings and The Tudors. The actor for Billy seems too big (the real life Billy was kind of small and sleight of build), but that doesn't make or break it for me.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2023-06-28, 08:17

Rogue Heroes, another MGM+ show (I subscribed for a month, so been binging a couple of things).

The story of the founding of the British SAS during the WWII North Africa campaign. 6 episodes in Season 1, and renewed for Season 2.

Really good, as this is right up my alley. It's no Band Of Brothers (but what is?), but still really enjoyable.

MGM+ is worth the occasional 1-2 month subscription. Some good stuff on there.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-08, 02:48

tGreenWay wrote:Anyone watch The Bear on Hulu? We’re six (of 8) episodes into the first season and, so far, every one has been outstanding.
Season 2 drops on June 22 (10 episodes). This is well written and acted, and those actors look just like you’d expect in the back of a commercial kitchen—sort of a sweaty, oily complexion, tatted up, and looking exhausted and pained from the job. The characters are interesting and the kitchen scenes come off as frenetic and stressful, just like a real kitchen.

From IMDB: The Bear (Hulu):
Carmen Berzatto, a brilliant young chef from the fine-dining world is forced to return home to run his family sandwich shop - the Original Beef of Chicagoland - after a heartbreaking death in his family. A world away from what he's used to, Carmy must balance the soul-crushing reality of trading in Michelin star restaurants for the small business' kitchen filled with strong-willed and recalcitrant staff and his strained familial relationships, all while grappling with the impact of his brother's suicide.

Bumping this post to re-emphasize what a ridiculously good series The Bear is. I’ve finished both seasons and am still blown away by it. The writers do an excellent job recreating the stresses of running a restaurant, especially for those whose goal is to achieve perfection from every person, every moment in the back of the house. But it’s the characters and their personalities that really make this series special. It’s on Hulu. Watch it if you can.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

I.B. Fine likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-08, 12:02

I'm halfway through season 2. Yes good show. The stress of restaurant work is palatable. (At least season 1)
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-07-13, 17:42

Quarterback on Netflix. Mahomes Cousins Mariota gave Netflix unprecedented access. Love the first episode
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2023-07-14, 03:12

DWags wrote:Quarterback on Netflix. Mahomes Cousins Mariota gave Netflix unprecedented access. Love the first episode

Got it on my watch list.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-16, 00:34

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I'm halfway through season 2. Yes good show. The stress of restaurant work is palatable. (At least season 1)

Season two has less stress because the restaurant is being redone. It’s a season spent examining the players and it was truly interesting.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

AvgMSUJoe likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-16, 01:10

Jury Duty on Prime and freevee.

While I’m only two episodes in on an 8-episode first season, this is pretty funny. The entire show is a pretend court case where everyone is an actor except for one guy, who thinks he’s sitting on a real jury.

IMDB write up:
Ronald Gladden serves jury duty on a civil trial in Los Angeles. To him there is nothing out of the ordinary in proceedings. Little does he know, however, that all the other participants - his fellow jurors, the judge, the plaintiff and defendant, everybody - are actors, the trial isn't real and everything is staged.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-07-16, 06:19

tGreenWay wrote:Jury Duty on Prime and freevee.

While I’m only two episodes in on an 8-episode first season, this is pretty funny. The entire show is a pretend court case where everyone is an actor except for one guy, who thinks he’s sitting on a real jury.

IMDB write up:
Ronald Gladden serves jury duty on a civil trial in Los Angeles. To him there is nothing out of the ordinary in proceedings. Little does he know, however, that all the other participants - his fellow jurors, the judge, the plaintiff and defendant, everybody - are actors, the trial isn't real and everything is staged.
This show is great. I think I recommended it a little while ago. Still do. Quick and easy to watch. You won't be disappointed.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-23, 16:24

Unknown: Cave of Bones is pretty interesting if you're into anthropology/archeology, about the Naledi who might have been the first hominids to bury their dead. 250,000 years ago.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2023-07-23, 17:30

Floyd Robertson wrote:Unknown: Cave of Bones is pretty interesting if you're into anthropology/archeology, about the Naledi who might have been the first hominids to bury their dead. 250,000 years ago.

DWags probably knows. He used to tailgate with them back in the day.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-23, 17:36

InTenSity wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:Jury Duty on Prime and freevee.

IMDB write up:
This show is great. I think I recommended it a little while ago. Still do. Quick and easy to watch. You won't be disappointed.

You’re right—it just got funnier the more I watched. James Marsden playing himself was hysterical. And the character Todd, the bizarre weirdo, always made me laugh. Even the post-reveal last episode was funny and endearing.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-23, 17:44

The third and final season of Jack Ryan was pretty good. It started with less action but built up to a climactic finish and rode John Krasinski’s Ryan off into the sunset.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-23, 17:49

tGreenWay wrote:The third and final season of Jack Ryan was pretty good. It started with less action but built up to a climactic finish and rode John Krasinski’s Ryan off into the sunset.

Great. Now I'm going to have to get Prime for a month.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-23, 19:08

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:The third and final season of Jack Ryan was pretty good. It started with less action but built up to a climactic finish and rode John Krasinski’s Ryan off into the sunset.

Great. Now I'm going to have to get Prime for a month.

I was just glad they put it to bed. It’s been what? Two years since its last season?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-23, 19:18

The second season of Severance has been pushed back to 2024, and not just because of the writers’ and actors’ strikes. Turns out the two show runners, one of them being the creator of the series, absolutely hated each other and constantly warred on set. Season 2 scripts were being tossed out and the per episode budget had reportedly ballooned to $20m. (Sidenote: How can that possibly be? The principal actors work in a large, stark room with only four desks and nothing on the walls. It’s not like sets are costing millions.)
Anyway, I’m bummed about this. It was an interesting and original idea for a series, with an element of creepiness to it.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-23, 19:19

I was just glad they put it to bed. It’s been what? Two years since its last season?
No, it wasn't that long ago. It was good. You might have missed 2 seasons.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-23, 19:24

AvgMSUJoe wrote:No, it wasn't that long ago. It was good. You might have missed 2 seasons.

You’re right. The delay was between seasons 2 and 3, which included the COVID shutdown, but was separated by 3+ years. I get the covid delay, but the series got started a lot later than other established shows. That might’ve been due to scheduling conflicts.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-07-28, 17:44

Anyone mention muscles and mayhem, the unauthorized American gladiators story? Everyone on this board watched the show. I liked it. On Netflix.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-29, 02:08

InTenSity wrote:Anyone mention muscles and mayhem, the unauthorized American gladiators story? Everyone on this board watched the show. I liked it. On Netflix.

Didn’t watch the original show, no need to watch this one. Not my thing. But I do have a niece (by marriage) who is making a living as a pro wrestler. Again, I need to stress she is not my relation by blood.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-07-29, 08:07

tGreenWay wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Anyone mention muscles and mayhem, the unauthorized American gladiators story? Everyone on this board watched the show. I liked it. On Netflix.

Didn’t watch the original show, no need to watch this one. Not my thing. But I do have a niece (by marriage) who is making a living as a pro wrestler. Again, I need to stress she is not my relation by blood.
Name? For us knuckleheads who may know...
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-07-29, 08:59

tGreenWay wrote:

This is a limited series/ documentary. It's pretty good, they're pretty honest about what went on. This show probably inspired Ninja warrior and others. Give it a shot, even if you didn't watch the show.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2023-07-29, 13:48

Pale blue eye is worth the watch. The last 35 minutes surprised me.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-07-29, 14:15

DWags wrote:Pale blue eye is worth the watch. The last 35 minutes surprised me.

Yeah, slow burn. Didn't see that coming.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-29, 19:01

AvgMSUJoe wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

Name? For us knuckleheads who may know...

Yeah, that’s not going to happen, lol, but she’s regional, not national.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2023-07-29, 19:17

Very much enjoying Informer (Prime), a six episode one-off from 2018 not to be confused with a movie titled The Informer.

IMDB write up:
Informer is a complex, character-driven thriller about Raza, a young second generation British-Pakistani man from East London who is coerced by Gabe, a Counter-Terrorism Officer into informing for him. Gabe, who has a past he wants to remain secret, is joined by Holly, his new and ambitious partner whose endless curiosity becomes a threat to him. As the central counter-terrorism investigation heats up, the stakes for all three, their families and relationships, get higher and higher.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-07-29, 21:00

InTenSity wrote:Anyone mention muscles and mayhem,  the unauthorized American gladiators story?  Everyone on this board watched the show. I liked it.  On Netflix.

I gotta check it out. I had another independent source say it was good too. As a young teen I was up every Sunday (mighta been Saturday) to watch Zap.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-07-29, 21:30

Nordic wrote:
InTenSity wrote:Anyone mention muscles and mayhem,  the unauthorized American gladiators story?  Everyone on this board watched the show. I liked it.  On Netflix.

I gotta check it out. I had another independent source say it was good too. As a young teen I was up every Sunday (mighta been Saturday) to watch Zap.
Zap is featured. Spoiler alert, you had no chance with her.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-08-02, 22:10

Just finished... good.
Spoiler:
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MrMojoRisin 2023-08-03, 23:16

MrMojoRisin
MrMojoRisin
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-08-13, 18:50

Watching Gaffigan, Dark Pale on prime.

😆
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-08-13, 20:22

I keep seeing Peanut Butter Falcon as a suggestion on one service. I'm not going to watch a movie with that title. I haven't read the synopsis, but I'm pretty sure it has to be some sappy coming-of-age or overcoming-a-disability movie, so poignant you just want to gouge your eyes out with an apple peeler. Am I wrong?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-08-13, 20:50

Pervis Muldoon wrote:I keep seeing Peanut Butter Falcon as a suggestion on one service. I'm not going to watch a movie with that title. I haven't read the synopsis, but I'm pretty sure it has to be some sappy coming-of-age or overcoming-a-disability movie, so poignant you just want to gouge your eyes out with an apple peeler. Am I wrong?
Are you trolling me? It is a great movie. Yes it is sappy. You should watch it.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-08-13, 21:21

InTenSity wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:I keep seeing Peanut Butter Falcon as a suggestion on one service. I'm not going to watch a movie with that title. I haven't read the synopsis, but I'm pretty sure it has to be some sappy coming-of-age or overcoming-a-disability movie, so poignant you just want to gouge your eyes out with an apple peeler. Am I wrong?
Are you trolling me? It is a great movie. Yes it is sappy. You should watch it.

I'm not trolling you. I didn't know you liked it. It has one of those thoughtful titles that annoy me, like Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, Blue is the Warmest Color, The Fault in our Stars, The Light Between Oceans, Caddyshack, etc.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2023-08-13, 22:34

Wait… Caddyshack?!?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Pervis Muldoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2023-08-15, 15:21

Anyone watching Justified: City Primeval? It’s fun. Captures the show well. Miss Walton Goggins though.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2023-08-15, 15:26

Rocinante wrote:Anyone watching Justified: City Primeval? It’s fun. Captures the show well. Miss Walton Goggins though.

I put Hulu on pause until September, so I'm looking forward to watching it then. The original was one of my all-time favorites.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon 2023-08-15, 22:40

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Rocinante wrote:Anyone watching Justified: City Primeval? It’s fun. Captures the show well. Miss Walton Goggins though.

I put Hulu on pause until September, so I'm looking forward to watching it then. The original was one of my all-time favorites.

I watched the first couple of episodes, then had some stuff get in the way. I'm recording them and waiting for a chance to dive in. The dialogue wasn't quite as sharp as in the original series, but Raylan is still Raylan.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2023-08-18, 20:24

Has PainKiller been mentioned yet? Limited series about the Oxycontin epidemic. Can be tough to watch. Money talks in the US though.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 26 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 22 ... 26  Next