Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

+60
tTito
Dr. Strangelove
goodbar
Watch Out Pylon!
Da Mayor
Nordic
SawGreen
Jake from State Farm
Rodeo Burger
Stymie2000
MattyFresh
CaptainSlow33
Motown Spartan
I.B. Fine
tGreenWay
aualum06
Clarett's Folly
Robert J Sakimano
tanfan!
AnomanderRake
By-Tor
Herbie Green
Rocinante
DWags
NigelUno
StylesGShmooth
Tim Wakefield
Death Roe
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
WBill
WhiteBoyHatcher
steveschneider
Chitown_Badger
Stoops21
Ass Dan
MiamiSpartan
Bizarro Fletch
GirbaudJeans
AvgMSUJoe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
The_Dude
Free Plax
Brock Middlebrook
Spartan Nachos
Cym Jim
LoneWolfSparty
Fallenangle
He Got It!
Cameron
Dendrobates
InTenSity
MSUgöat
Cool Runnings
AMwood
Floyd Robertson
Cosmo_Kramer
Osmo
SeeRockCity
64 posters

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever Empty Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-04-27, 23:10

Last Gladiators - Director Alex Gibney takes a penetrating look at the National Hockey League's most feared enforcers and explores the career of Chris "Knuckles" Nilan.

Last Gladiators Page at Netflix

Worth a watch.

Last edited by SeeRockCity on 2016-11-30, 09:52; edited 1 time in total
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Osmo 2014-04-28, 01:47

Mr. Nobody with Jared Leto and Diane Kruger. At 155 minutes, it's a long movie, but well worth your time.

Mr. Nobody at Netflix
Osmo
Osmo
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever Empty Re: Bump when you find something good to stream from Netflix or Amazon or whatever

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-04-28, 09:56

"The Family" with Robert De Niro and Michelle Pfeiffer (who is still smoking hot)
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-04-28, 10:06

If you never had Showtime or have never seen Dexter (like me), then there's Dexter.  Until earlier this year, only seasons 1-5 were streaming on Netflix and you had to get the DVDs for the later seasons. Thanks to a new agreement between Showtime and Netflix, you can stream them all.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-04-28, 10:09

If you haven't seen Luther. you are really missing out. Idris Elba just kicks ass in the role of John Luther.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2014-04-28, 10:12

bull runners of pamplona was a good documentary if you're into that type of thing.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cool Runnings 2014-04-28, 10:20

Boy was a good quirky comedy. Had some very funny parts and was overall a really enjoyable film. 
Cool Runnings
Cool Runnings
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MSUgöat 2014-04-28, 10:24

Kon-Tiki
about some dudes on a raft
MSUgöat
MSUgöat
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-04-28, 10:36

Dale and Tucker VS Evil. Unless that is on Amazon only.
Battle Royal - Foreign film, pre dates Hunger Games.
Ip Man series
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2014-04-28, 19:09

Not sure if it's still on Netflix or not. But if you're looking for a good comedy, "A good old fashioned orgy" was awesome. Surprisingly, not a whole lot of nudity. But it was really enjoyable, and a hell of a lot funnier than I expected.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-04-28, 19:15

I mostly watch TV shows on Netflix. Most of my instant queue would be old-hat to anyone who is at all familiar with the popular TV shows of the last decade. Singling out a few which may not be overly-familiar, I will name:

The Inbetweeners
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
Derek
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by He Got It! 2014-04-28, 19:21

I've been using Netflix Roulette and have found some awesome documentaries

http://netflixroulette.net/
He Got It!
He Got It!
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Fallenangle 2014-04-28, 19:45

If you like British comedies, Hulu has a show called In The Thick Of It. It's about the inner workings of the modern UK government. Very realistic, and something you would never see produced here in the US as it paints it in the negative light it deserves
Fallenangle
Fallenangle
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-04-28, 20:09

Let Me In and/or Let The Right One In

Very good movies.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-04-29, 01:12

Cameron wrote:I mostly watch TV shows on Netflix. Most of my instant queue would be old-hat to anyone who is at all familiar with the popular TV shows of the last decade. Singling out a few which may not be overly-familiar, I will name:

The Inbetweeners
The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret
Derek

The Inbetweeners is awesome - did you get to see the special where they went to Spain on vacation? One of the funniest things ever.
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2014-04-29, 01:18

Cym Jim wrote:

The Inbetweeners is awesome - did you get to see the special where they went to Spain on vacation? One of the funniest things ever.

I've only just gotten into The Inbetweeners. Netflix has told me that season 3 has just come available, though I've yet to watch it. Seasons 1 and 2 were great.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Nachos 2014-04-29, 01:20

Batman: The Brave and the Bold. Great fun with the Silver Age Batman.
Spartan Nachos
Spartan Nachos
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brock Middlebrook 2014-04-29, 08:59

MSUgoat wrote:Kon-Tiki
about some dudes on a raft

and who doesn't like rafting and dudes?!
Brock Middlebrook
Brock Middlebrook
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Free Plax 2014-04-29, 19:53

Fallenangle wrote:If you like British comedies, Hulu has a show called In The Thick Of It.  It's about the inner workings of the modern UK government.  Very realistic, and something you would never see produced here in the US as it paints it in the negative light it deserves

I second this one. Just brilliant, scathing comedy. Created by Armando Iannucci who also does Veep. Also hilarious and streaming on Netflix is Iannucci's In The Loop which is one of the funniest movies I've seen in the last 5 years. Both The Thick Of It and In The Loop star Peter Capaldi who is the new Doctor Who. His character, Malcolm Tucker, in both the series and the film is one my favorite characters in film/TV.

Free Plax
Free Plax
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosmo_Kramer 2014-04-29, 20:32

Not Netflix but on HBO GO they have this movie called "Trance" ...8/10 ... reminded me of "Memento"
Cosmo_Kramer
Cosmo_Kramer
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Osmo 2014-04-29, 20:43

Fallenangle wrote:Very realistic, and something you would never see produced here in the US as it paints it in the negative light it deserves

No, Netflix would never do that... it might fold that house of cards business model of theirs.  Suspect
Osmo
Osmo
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-09-15, 12:23

http://dvd.netflix.com/Movie/Whitewash/70274609

Last edited by SeeRockCity on 2014-09-15, 12:26; edited 1 time in total
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-15, 12:25

Ip Man 1 and 2. Don't bother with 3.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-09-15, 15:02

Deep Water
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2014-11-20, 20:12

We are what we are.
Banshee Chapter
The Den

All three are decent, last two are fun low-budget horror.

Just sayin'
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-12-15, 19:40

Arrow. The acting is bad, the dialogue is terrible, there's nobody famous in it, it's based on a comic and totally unrealistic. So in other words, I can't stop watching it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-15, 19:53

Marco Polo
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-15, 20:05

Floyd Robertson wrote:Arrow. The acting is bad, the dialogue is terrible, there's nobody famous in it, it's based on a comic and totally unrealistic. So in other words, I can't stop watching it.

Plowed through those 2 seasons last month
CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-15, 20:22

Floyd Robertson wrote:Arrow. The acting is bad, the dialogue is terrible, there's nobody famous in it, it's based on a comic and totally unrealistic. So in other words, I can't stop watching it.

I swear I saw that on some basic channel when one of my roommates were watching it. It looked fucking awful.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-12-16, 10:57

I dropped netflix 2 years ago. Should I look at picking it back up?
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-12-16, 11:16

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

I swear I saw that on some basic channel when one of my roommates were watching it. It looked fucking awful.

Yeah, CW network, I think. That probably explains why it has been running for three years and I never heard of it.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GirbaudJeans 2014-12-16, 11:18

Just watched The Wolf of Wallstreet on Netflix over 3 days because it is 3 fucking hours long. I liked it.
GirbaudJeans
GirbaudJeans
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-16, 11:43

GirbaudJeans wrote:Just watched The Wolf of Wallstreet on Netflix over 3 days because it is 3 fucking hours long. I liked it.

3 days lol!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-12-16, 12:22

The_Dude wrote:Marco Polo

Is this actually any good? Most of the reviews I've read from trusted sources have been pretty scathing. Apparently the script and acting were intentionally dumbed down so it could more easily translate across languages and cultures - specifically Asia, where Netflix is trying to break in. I saw comparisons to those 90s syndicated shows like Hercules.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-12-16, 12:24

Highly recommend "Snowpiercer." Terrible title, goofy concept, pretty damn good movie.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-16, 14:26

Bizarro Fletch wrote:

Is this actually any good? Most of the reviews I've read from trusted sources have been pretty scathing. Apparently the script and acting were intentionally dumbed down so it could more easily translate across languages and cultures - specifically Asia, where Netflix is trying to break in. I saw comparisons to those 90s syndicated shows like Hercules.

I thought it was good and entertaining...but I didn't really have any expectations going in about it needing to be 100% culturally or historically accurate.

It has a pretty good rating on imdb.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2014-12-16, 14:59

I might have posted this somewhere else but Sherlock is pretty solid. Martin Freeman and Benidict Cumberbatch work well together.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-12-16, 15:00

Bizarro Fletch wrote:Highly recommend "Snowpiercer." Terrible title, goofy concept, pretty damn good movie.

Someone else said that.

I saw it was at redbox too. They must have expected a cult/grassroots type of push for this.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-12-16, 15:42

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Someone else said that.

I saw it was at redbox too. They must have expected a cult/grassroots type of push for this.

It actually won Best Picture of the year from some Boston critics group a few weeks ago. Not sure why it was such a turd at the box office, though the dud of a name probably didn't help.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2014-12-16, 15:44

The_Dude wrote:

I thought it was good and entertaining...but I didn't really have any expectations going in about it needing to be 100% culturally or historically accurate.

It has a pretty good rating on imdb.

Cool, I'll give it a try. Netflix has had a pretty good success rate with their produced shows thus far. I even watched a few episodes of Lillyhammer, which was quirky but pretty good.

On another note, I had never watched Californication while it was on the air and after Netflix recommended it for me enough I finally gave in. Holy crap is that show crazy! And the teets are a great bonus.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 25 1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next