Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will SeeRockCity be sued for using Sparty's likeness?

3 posters

Go down

Will SeeRockCity be sued for using Sparty's likeness? Empty Will SeeRockCity be sued for using Sparty's likeness?

Post by Snake Plissken Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:02 pm

Will SeeRockCity be sued for using Sparty's likeness? 1550444538 ghost and tanfan should weigh in on this. I'm thinking we can't use his pic in the banner of the website which makes it seem like MSU is endorsing the site.
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Will SeeRockCity be sued for using Sparty's likeness? Empty Re: Will SeeRockCity be sued for using Sparty's likeness?

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:07 pm

Right.  Because only lawyers are capable of reading and interpreting trademark and licensing laws.   Rolling Eyes
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Will SeeRockCity be sued for using Sparty's likeness? Empty Re: Will SeeRockCity be sued for using Sparty's likeness?

Post by Snake Plissken Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:08 pm

Murky Waters wrote:Right.  Because only lawyers are capable of reading and interpreting trademark and licensing laws.   Rolling Eyes

Well...what's your damn opinion then?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:15 pm

Gee, I don't know.  Here, read and interpret it for me because I am, you know, not a lawyer and big words confuse me.  derp!

http: http://licensing.msu.edu/trademarks.html
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:16 pm

Do you do your own dentistry as well?
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Snake Plissken Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:22 pm

SeeRockCity wrote:Do you do your own dentistry as well?

I do...don't you?
Snake Plissken
Snake Plissken
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:23 pm

Try this one in the pic attached.  The grips on the handgun were made by VZ Grips for Ed Brown Products.  Is there enough of a discernible difference between the logo on the grip and MSU's licensed logo for there not to be a trademark infringement?

Will SeeRockCity be sued for using Sparty's likeness? Ed%20Brown%20Champion%20Molon%20Labe%2001
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Giant Moose Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:56 am

Actually MSU changed the Sparty costume's helmet to avoid confusion with tSwill.

Will SeeRockCity be sued for using Sparty's likeness? 2950854
Giant Moose
Giant Moose
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down