Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

+19
Rick Saunders
NumbersDude
Travis of the Cosmos
Rocinante
Motown Spartan
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
Pervis Muldoon
Bredo Morstoel
Cameron
RQA
Floyd Robertson
kingstonlake
GRR Spartan
DWags
Jake from State Farm
AvgMSUJoe
PennSpartan
NigelUno
23 posters

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 14 Empty Re: Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-02-19, 12:57

My 2019 F150 regularly gets 99+ mpg on the highway. There's a stretch of the highway that has a slight decline to it that I drive every day on my way home from the office. If I take my foot off the gas the truck tells me I'm getting 99+ mpg.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 14 Empty Re: Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 12:59

Motown Spartan wrote:My 2019 F150 regularly gets 99+ mpg on the highway. There's a stretch of the highway that has a slight decline to it that I drive every day on my way home from the office. If I take my foot off the gas the truck tells me I'm getting 99+ mpg.

LOL. Keep denying. We are laughing at you.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 12:59

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Or he really sucks at math ...

I just go with what the trip computer tells me. No math involved.

Aha!

So, you have never driven those 500 miles, which would a stretch even with the computer's numbers, that you have claimed.

My experience with the fuel economy recorded by the on-board computers is that it is highly optimistic.

Mine typically say I have 500 miles plus of range, yet I seem to be refueling at 350 with an empty tank.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-02-19, 13:02

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:My 2019 F150 regularly gets 99+ mpg on the highway. There's a stretch of the highway that has a slight decline to it that I drive every day on my way home from the office. If I take my foot off the gas the truck tells me I'm getting 99+ mpg.

I'm not denying anything. You're flat out lying.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:04

8 cyl, 6.2 L

6.2L equals 378 cubic inches dude.

Which is what you are claiming you're driving.

Deflecting to the V6 that you are not driving suggest you lack a certain degree of honesty in your posting.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on 2022-02-19, 13:06; edited 1 time in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:05

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

I just go with what the trip computer tells me. No math involved.

Aha!

So, you have never driven those 500 miles, which would a stretch even with the computer's numbers, that you have claimed.

My experience with the fuel economy recorded by the on-board computers is that it is highly optimistic.

Mine typically say I have 500 miles plus of range, yet I seem to be refueling at 350 with an empty tank.

Yes, I have. Range to empty will be in the high 500s to low 600s. I drive 500 and fill up because I don’t like running. It much below 1/4 tank. Average fuel economy reads somewhere between 24-26. All time best was 26.4.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:06

Trapper Gus wrote:
8 cyl, 6.2 L

6.2L equals 378 cubic inches dude.

Which is what you are claiming you're driving.

Your reading skills suck. Let me type it slowly for you. FIVE. POINT. SEVEN.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:07

Motown Spartan wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

I'm not denying anything. You're flat out lying.

LOL
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:11

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Aha!

Yes, I have. Range to empty will be in the high 500s to low 600s. I drive 500 and fill up because I don’t like running. It much below 1/4 tank. Average fuel economy reads somewhere between 24-26. All time best was 26.4.

Nor happening the V8 4 by 4 dude, really, the EPA numbers, even on the highway are optimistic verses real life, as the reviewers say.

On a good day, right air temperature, right air pressure, flat highway, tail wind, with the 2-wheel drive V6 you might get close to 500, but you only have a 24.6-gallon tank, so it would be tight.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:16

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Nor happening the V8 4 by 4 dude, really, the EPA numbers, even on the highway are optimistic verses real life, as the reviewers say.

On a good day, right air temperature, right air pressure, flat highway, tail wind, with the 2-wheel drive V6 you might get close to 500, but you only have a 24.6-gallon tank, so it would be tight.

All I’ve got to go on is real life experience with over 130K miles on the vehicle. Don’t know what else to tell you? I have no reason or inclination to make up these stats.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:27

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 14 WbatmiV

Here's a photo from a road trip last fall.  Right after a fill up.  Looks like I misremembered the all time best MPG.

Yeah, I know - I probably photoshopped this.  Deep state.  Fake news.  Downhill with the wind. LOL!!!

Last edited by Bredo Morstoel on 2022-02-19, 13:29; edited 1 time in total
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:28

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Just picked the one that came up, dude ... same engine, same drivetrain, same fuel economy ...

Nope.  Go find the 5.7L and get back to us.   Hell, since we’re not towing backhoes, check out the very capable 3.6L V6.

The point is, RQA is right and you’re wrong.  

Okay, your right, In the review I read only talked about one V8, didn't realize there were two, and would have assumed you had the bigger anyway, as you are towing at 75 mph.

So, the smaller 8 - 5.7L, EPA Sticker - fuel economy 17 mpg combined / 22mpg highway on the EPA sticker

So maybe, at a stretch, 20 highway .... The numbers still fall short, and if you are towing, way short.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:31

Bredo Morstoel wrote:Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 14 WbatmiV

Here's a photo from a road trip last fall.  Right after a fill up.  Looks like I misremembered the all time best MPG.

Yeah, I know - I probably photoshopped this.  Deep state.  Fake news.  Downhill with the wind. LOL!!!

No, but you are trusting a very inaccurate measurement.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:31

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Nope.  Go find the 5.7L and get back to us.   Hell, since we’re not towing backhoes, check out the very capable 3.6L V6.

The point is, RQA is right and you’re wrong.  

Okay, your right, In the review I read only talked about one V8, didn't realize there were two, and would have assumed you had the bigger anyway, as you are towing at 75 mph.

So, the smaller 8 - 5.7L, EPA Sticker - fuel economy 17 mpg combined / 22mpg highway on the EPA sticker

So maybe, at a stretch, 20 highway .... The numbers still fall short, and if you are towing, way short.

You need to leave towing as a separate topic from MPG. It's not like towing wouldn't destroy an EV's range, either. Plus there's all kind of variables like weight, aerodynamics, etc.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:33

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 14 WbatmiV

I can easily go 500-525+ miles on a single tank and still have a bit in reserve for my "range anxiety." Maybe it's inaccurate? Maybe the factory secretly installed a 30 gallon extended range experimental tank in my Jeep and forgot to remove it before selling it? Maybe space aliens are using advanced technology to teleport me?

Or maybe you just need to admit you were wrong and RQA was right.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:34

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

You need to leave towing as a separate topic from MPG. It's not like towing wouldn't destroy an EV's range, either. Plus there's all kind of variables like weight, aerodynamics, etc.

I'm not that one who insisted that they were driving over 500 miles at once, towing a popup tent apparently, you are...

If you want to admit you were "stretching the truth" I'm good with that.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-02-19, 13:34

I'll post a pic from my F150 in the next few days showing average mpg of over 30. It's easy to do.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

kingstonlake likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:35

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

I'm not that one who insisted that they were driving over 500 miles at once, towing a popup tent apparently, you are...

Popup tent? I thought it was a backhoe? LOL!!!

Post a video of your EV charging in 5 minutes and we'll compare who is stretching the truth and who isn't.

Stop digging when you've hit bottom, Trap.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:36

Motown Spartan wrote:

I'll post a pic from my F150 in the next few days showing average mpg of over 30. It's easy to do.

Make sure you get the range to empty, too!
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-02-19, 13:38

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

I already know which gas station I'll be filling up at.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:38

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I can easily go 500-525+ miles on a single tank and still have a bit in reserve for my "range anxiety."  Maybe it's inaccurate?  Maybe the factory secretly installed a 30 gallon extended range experimental tank in my Jeep and forgot to remove it before selling it?   Maybe space aliens are using advanced technology to teleport me?

I'm sticking with apple-to-apple comparisons here, dude.

Sort of ...

You guys keep completely lying about BEV's so ignoring that you lie like rugs on that point ...

BEV specs verse the specs for your chosen vehicle.

Your chosen vehicles specs don't support your "story".

I have read reviews that say BEVs perform better than their specs but didn't think that was an honest discussion.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:39

Motown Spartan wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

I already know which gas station I'll be filling up at.

Sounds like you've got a plan. Go for it.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:41

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

I can easily go 500-525+ miles on a single tank and still have a bit in reserve for my "range anxiety."  Maybe it's inaccurate?  Maybe the factory secretly installed a 30 gallon extended range experimental tank in my Jeep and forgot to remove it before selling it?   Maybe space aliens are using advanced technology to teleport me?

Sort of ...

You guys keep completely lying about BEV's so ignoring that you lie like rugs on that point ...

I have read reviews that say BEVs perform better than their specs but didn't think that was an honest discussion.

Like I said, not sure what else to tell you. That was a random picture I took on September 1 of last year, because even I was surprised by the mileage when I went to reset the trip odo.

If you want to claim I'm lying, then that's what you gotta do.

Don't worry. I won't hold my breath on that 5 minute recharge video.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:42

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Post a video of your EV charging in 5 minutes and we'll compare who is stretching the truth and who isn't.

Dude, you claimed you were doing heavy duty towing, the backhoe is what is heavy duty. I've modified it to a popup because of your lies, and you aren't towing that either and driving 500 miles.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:45

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Sort of ...

Like I said, not sure what else to tell you. That was a random picture I took on September 1 of last year, because even I was surprised by the mileage when I went to reset the trip odo.

Don't worry. I won't hold my breath on that 5-minute recharge video.

As pointed out, you don't know what the computer is telling you. That picture is pretty much worthless.

As for 5-minute recharging, it is coming, we have 20-minute charging on the road today.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:49

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Dude, you claimed you were doing heavy duty towing, the backhoe is what is heavy duty. I've modified it to a popup because of your lies, and you aren't towing that either and driving 500 miles.

I claimed I needed a vehicle that can tow. That was the extent of my claims regarding towing.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:50

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Don't worry. I won't hold my breath on that 5-minute recharge video.

As pointed out, you don't know what the computer is telling you. That picture is pretty much worthless.

As for 5-minute recharging, it is coming, we have 20-minute charging on the road today.

My computer is telling me I got 27+ MPG on a flat stretch of I-80 crossing Iowa.

Your claim of 5 minute charging coming "someday" is what's worthless in this argument.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:50

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I claimed I needed a vehicle that can tow. That was the extent of my claims regarding towing.

Ford EV Truck can tow.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:51

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

My computer is telling me I got 27+ MPG on a flat stretch of I-80 crossing Iowa.

Your claim of 5 minute charging coming "someday" is what's worthless in this argument.

As is the claim of 5-minute complete fill up of a vehicle that can travel 500 miles on one tank, at least if we are looking at the specs.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:54

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Ford EV Truck can tow.

Cool, when it has a 500+ mile range, can charge in less than 5 minutes, and can be purchased for less than $45K with lots of bells and whistles, let me know.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 13:55

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

As is the claim of 5-minute complete fill up of a vehicle that can travel 500 miles on one tank, at least if we are looking at the specs.

I have no idea the average gallons per minutes of a gas pump. If what RQA posted was true, then we're well within that timeframe. If you've got stats to prove him wrong, I suggest you take that up with him when he's done laughing at your stupidity in this thread.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:56

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Your computer has dropped off the fuel it used to warm up the engine and the fuel it used to accelerate to 75 mph, and the rest depends on air temperature (lower mpg at cold temps), barometric pressure (lower mpg at lower pressure), wind direction (15 mph tail wind helps the mpg), and humidity (higher humidity causes higher PSI in engine per power stroke).

It is meaningless as the absolute number you think it is.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 13:58

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I have no idea the average gallons per minutes of a gas pump. If what RQA posted was true, then we're well within that timeframe. If you've got stats to prove him wrong, I suggest you take that up with him when he's done laughing at your stupidity in this thread.

I'm going follow you guys and say I have been at gas stations where it took 10 minutes to pump 10 gallons. It varies, and the specs are more like guidelines, not absolutes.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-19, 14:02

Bredo Morstoel wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Ford EV Truck can tow.

Cool, when it has a 500+ mile range, can charge in less than 5 minutes, and can be purchased for less than $45K with lots of bells and whistles, let me know.

Which gets back to reality.

For a significant part of the vehicle market, BEV's that are being sold today meet the needs of the users.

We have readily agreed that BEV's don't, currently, meet the needs of all users, just as every ICE doesn't meet the needs of users.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bredo Morstoel 2022-02-19, 14:03

Trapper Gus wrote:
Bredo Morstoel wrote:

Your computer has dropped off the fuel it used to warm up the engine and the fuel it used to accelerate to 75 mph, and the rest depends on air temperature (lower mpg at cold temps), barometric pressure (lower mpg at lower pressure), wind direction (15 mph tail wind helps the mpg), and humidity (higher humidity causes higher PSI in engine per power stroke).

It is meaningless as the absolute number you think it is.

But EV range is absolute and always better than manufacturer specifications.

LOL

You're a clown. I will not be arguing with you on this point any further. You can claim I'm lying, but I'm the only one who's come close to backing up his claims in this thread.
Bredo Morstoel
Bredo Morstoel
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-02-20, 08:05

Here are a couple of articles.

The first in interesting as this vehicle is intended to have a never charge version, it will be interesting to see if they pull this off.  Clearly a 3 wheeled vehicle will have difficulty with market acceptance except in a Nitch.

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1135102_aptera-is-tuning-its-1-000-mile-ev-and-it-can-outrun-some-sports-cars

Next am article on BMW Ix series vehicles range and charging times.

BMW iX xDrive40 - Range 260 miles, charging time 30 minutes

BMW iX xDrive50 - Range 300 miles, charging time 10 minutes

BMW iX M60 - Range 280 miles, charging time 10 minutes

Of course, home charging is always an option, which ICE's just don't typical do, and home chargers will recharge 100% overnight.

The BMW's are 2022 vehicles and should be on the roads already.

https://www.bmwblog.com/2022/02/15/charging-times-for-the-bmw-ix-xdrive40-xdrive50-and-m60/

edit - also saw a article, which I am not linking, about how the market for home chargers for vehicles is expanding rapidly.  One point I'm not really seeing discussed on this board is how for local markets, home charging will reduce the number of changing stations needed to support the BEV fleets. Most suburbanites have garages with outlets, and smart chargers will use off-peak electricity to reduce costs. Most homes do not have on site fuel storage, beyond maybe a 2-gallon gas can for the lawnmower and snowblower. It is different out on the farms where I live, but the farm population is a pretty small slice of the overall population.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-02-20, 10:52

Fire on Cargo Ship Packed With Porsches and VWs Is Reportedly Fueled by EV Batteries

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/fire-cargo-ship-packed-porsches-200800436.html
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2022-02-20, 11:02

RQA wrote:Fire on Cargo Ship Packed With Porsches and VWs Is Reportedly Fueled by EV Batteries

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/fire-cargo-ship-packed-porsches-200800436.html

That's why they don't ship them by air. Wink
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-02-20, 11:13

More anecdotal bs fom RQA.

Another day more bullshit from RQA who pivoted his "Why I can't have an EV" anecdote from driving to West MI to driving to Connecticut.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-02-20, 11:28

GRR Spartan wrote:More anecdotal bs fom RQA.

Another day more bullshit from RQA who pivoted his "Why I can't have an EV" anecdote from driving to West MI to driving to Connecticut.

A cargo ship burning and probably eventually sinking due to EV batteries is "anecdotal bs" according to GRR.

Electric Vehicles - Information & Updates - Page 14 2803167989
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19 ... 25  Next