Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

+25
Other Teams Pursuing That
The Pantry
GRR Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Jacques D'Gatineaux
Motown Spartan
duffy munn
InTenSity
Turtleneck
Rick Saunders
DWags
sεяεηιτλ
NumbersDude
NigelUno
RQA
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
aualum06
kingstonlake
MiamiSpartan
Cameron
AvgMSUJoe
PennSpartan
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
29 posters

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25

Go down

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 25 Empty Re: 2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

Post by aualum06 2022-11-08, 12:46

PennSpartan wrote:This is going to be a mess:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3724626-fetterman-sues-over-mail-in-ballots/amp/

It's only a mess because people don't believe everyone has the right to vote
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 25 Empty Re: 2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-08, 12:47

aualum06 wrote:

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3724626-fetterman-sues-over-mail-in-ballots/amp/

racists and misogynists will be racists and misogynists.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-11-08, 12:49

aualum06 wrote:

Will blame progressives in 3…… 2……. 1…….
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 13:22

aualum06 wrote:

The time to challenge this was two years ago, after that mail in mess. The Dems didn’t send out a single mailer or email explaining how to fill out the ballot. It’s piss poor timing to complain that people aren’t filling out the ballot correctly at this point.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 13:34

Why does it need a date? It doesn’t. It’s just an impediment to voting.

I do not know why they wouldn’t have sued over that in advance of the ballots even being printed though. Unless they couldn’t for legal reasons I don’t understand. I doubt they woke up today and said “oh shit gotta sue on this one!” Seems more likely that they couldn’t until Election Day.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2022-11-08, 13:35

PennSpartan wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

The time to challenge this was two years ago, after that mail in mess. The Dems didn’t send out a single mailer or email explaining how to fill out the ballot. It’s piss poor timing to complain that people aren’t filling out the ballot correctly at this point.

Wasn't this decision that is being challenged on the date from like last week?
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 13:54

PennSpartan wrote:
aualum06 wrote:

There have been rulings before that the date cannot be used to deny the ballot, would expect that again. The court case cannot be filed until a ballot has been denied, as there is no one with standing until then. This was probably planned weeks ago, and likely has an effect on a smallish number of ballots. More important for the local race for dogcatcher than statewide but needs to be done.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 13:56

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Why does it need a date? It doesn’t. It’s just an impediment to voting.

I do not know why they wouldn’t have sued over that in advance of the ballots even being printed though. Unless they couldn’t for legal reasons I don’t understand. I doubt they woke up today and said “oh shit gotta sue on this one!” Seems more likely that they couldn’t until Election Day.
I have no idea why it needs a date. Stupid rule. But to challenge it now reeks of desperation. Fetterman doesn’t even know who people voted for on those ballots. His challenge could end up helping Oz if more of them left the date off.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 13:58

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

There have been rulings before that the date cannot be used to deny the ballot, would expect that again. The court case cannot be filed until a ballot has been denied, as there is no one with standing until then. This was probably planned weeks ago, and likely has an effect on a smallish number of ballots. More important for the local race for dogcatcher than statewide but needs to be done.
I believe they lost that challenge last time. There are still thousands of unopened ballot’s from 2020 without dates on them.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 14:01

PennSpartan wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:Why does it need a date? It doesn’t. It’s just an impediment to voting.

I have no idea why it needs a date. Stupid rule. But to challenge it now reeks of desperation. Fetterman doesn’t even know who people voted for on those ballots. His challenge could end up helping Oz if more of them left the date off.

Major campaigns have armies of lawers waiting to deal with legal issues like this. In this case they are making sure every vote is counted, which supports the case of a fair election. Likely it is a Republican election denier blocking counting these, as it supports their narative about how bad absentee ballorts are.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2022-11-08, 14:01

PennSpartan wrote:

Do you have to get 50% in Pennsylvania to win?
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 14:04

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I believe they lost that challenge last time. There are still thousands of unopened ballot’s from 2020 without dates on them.

I guess we shall see, I thought it went the other way, but I have a poor memory, plus this is a chanch for another bite of the apple if they lost last time.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 14:13

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

I guess we shall see, I thought it went the other way, but I have a poor memory, plus this is a chanch for another bite of the apple if they lost last time.
I know there are ballots that were unopened. I believe it was over dates and other mistakes. If all of them were for Trump it still wouldn’t have changed the result. So they sit unopened.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 14:23

PennSpartan wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I know there are ballots that were unopened. I believe it was over dates and other mistakes. If all of them were for Trump it still wouldn’t have changed the result. So they sit unopened.

Just looked this up, it was in 2021 and the PA courts and the US 3rd Circuit Court ruled the ballots had to be counted, and they were. It was appealed after the fact to tSCOTUS and they ruled that the case had no merit, thus leaving the question undecided.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-11-08, 14:25

PennSpartan wrote:

I believe it deserves a challenge because it is wrong and that Fetterman should make clear that he believes it is the right thing to do no matter the election outcome (and yes I am aware that I am a Pollyanna; he, him, his).

However, I will say that if the filing can only happen on election day or after it should not have been done in the morning. It does Fetterman no political good to have it splashed on the argutainment channels (no matter the leanings of the argutainment network) first thing on election day.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 14:33

Trapper Gus wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Just looked this up, it was in 2021 and the PA courts and the US 3rd Circuit Court ruled the ballots had to be counted, and they were. It was appealed after the fact to tSCOTUS and they ruled that the case had no merit, thus leaving the question undecided.
There was something in 2020 too. I don’t know what election was in 2021
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-08, 14:38

other than the political commercials, the thing I'm going to miss the least is y'all whining and arguing like a couple of little kids sitting in the backseat of a station wagon on your way to Disneyworld.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 14:41

Oh Bob, we are no worse than some of the other posters...

https://www.penncapital-star.com/campaigns-elections/u-s-supreme-court-throws-out-lower-court-ruling-that-undated-vote-by-mail-ballots-must-be-counted/
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 14:43

PennSpartan wrote:

Part of being on the right side of history is that it’s not about who it helps and who it hurts. I don’t know who those voters that may have missed a date on their ballot voted for- but I think their vote should be counted regardless.

Oh I bet I know why they couldn’t do anything about it until today. The Pennsylvania law that they can’t start counting ballots until today. They can’t sue on the hypothetical someone may miss the date field and it should have counted…. They have to wait until a ballot is actually opened and the date field is actually missed. I’m not a lawyer, just guessing, but it makes sense to me.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Nordic likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-08, 14:43

Trapper Gus wrote:Oh Bob, we are no worse than some of the other posters...

https://www.penncapital-star.com/campaigns-elections/u-s-supreme-court-throws-out-lower-court-ruling-that-undated-vote-by-mail-ballots-must-be-counted/
2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 25 502811600

yeah, Guest got mad and left.. all I could do was to channel my sadness into creative positivity and become the Poet Laureate of tSwill.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 14:45

Rick Saunders wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

I believe it deserves a challenge because it is wrong and that Fetterman should make clear that he believes it is the right thing to do no matter the election outcome (and yes I am aware that I am a Pollyanna; he, him, his).

However, I will say that if the filing can only happen on election day or after it should not have been done in the morning. It does Fetterman no political good to have it splashed on the argutainment channels (no matter the leanings of the argutainment network) first thing on election day.
It’s a stupid rule but it’s not biased. All the voters have to sign and date the ballot.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 14:48

NigelUno wrote:
PennSpartan wrote:

Do you have to get 50% in Pennsylvania to win?
No.
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 14:50

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:Oh Bob, we are no worse than some of the other posters...

2022 Midterm & Michigan Elections - Who Ya Got Winning? - Page 25 502811600

yeah, Guest got mad and left.. all I could do was to channel my sadness into creative positivity and become the Poet Laureate of tSwill.

Since I rejoined and started posting regularly I have become a Kenneth Walker III fan, and an apprenticed poet
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by PennSpartan 2022-11-08, 16:44

The saga continues. Fucking embarrassing.

https://news.yahoo.com/philadelphia-voters-still-fix-issues-165101668.html
PennSpartan
PennSpartan
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2022-11-08, 17:33

Why is that embarrassing exactly? I mean the rule is embarrassing. Masking voting harder is embarrassing. Why is allowing people to fix a ballot that was incorrectly filled out because of stupid rules embarrassing?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 18:03

I may have to change my prediction, as this candidate is the cat's whiskers.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/11/7/2130205/-If-Roevember-is-for-real-Missouri-has-a-chance-to-
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 18:05

In parts of Indiana the polls just closed.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2022-11-08, 18:07

Rocinante wrote:Why is that embarrassing exactly? I mean the rule is embarrassing. Masking voting harder is embarrassing. Why is allowing people to fix a ballot that was incorrectly filled out because of stupid rules embarrassing?

Because the Fetterman campaign did it and Penn doesn’t like Fetterman. If Oz did it he wouldn’t have posted about it.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-08, 18:18

Trapper Gus wrote:In parts of Indiana the polls just closed.

Which is utterly absurd.

Indiana is a weird place man. They’ve since changed it I guess, but just a few years ago alcohol sales were banned on Election Day. Guess what fuckos, if I want to go to the polls blasted out of my goddamn mind, that’s my right as an American.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-08, 18:20

Holey Shit ... Rasmassman just telephone polled me. Wanted to know if Biden is doing a good job.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders 2022-11-08, 18:20

PennSpartan wrote:
It’s a stupid rule but it’s not biased. All the voters have to sign and date the ballot.

Just a reminder to all the folks out there that in PA it isn't the date on the ballot itself that is the problem in most cases. The rule says that the inner envelope (ballot is in two envelopes) has to be dated also. It is the inner envelope that most people miss dating if they miss something.

And I agree with Travis, whoever voted and for whomever they voted the ballot should count.

-------

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com/viewtopic.php?t=24640
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 25 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 23, 24, 25