Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So, my daughter knew the kids that were Sparty for her four years on the team..... But STEPH CURRY? He will be the most famous Sparty

+2
NigelUno
DWags
6 posters

Go down

So, my daughter knew the kids that were Sparty for her four years on the team..... But STEPH CURRY?  He will be the most famous Sparty Empty So, my daughter knew the kids that were Sparty for her four years on the team..... But STEPH CURRY? He will be the most famous Sparty

Post by DWags 2022-03-19, 21:36

The Cheer team is sworn to secrecy and Sparty's identity is always kept secret. There is more than one per year and when they graduate they get to walk across stage with the Sparty boots on. They're in their suit and tie, but wearing the Sparty boots.  It's the first "reveal".  One of my daughters friends is going to marry a former Sparty soon.

Anyway, if you haven't heard by now, read below:  Steph lost a bet.

According to Draymond Green, if Michigan State beats Davidson on Friday, Steph Curry will be walking into Chase Arena dressed as Sparty.

Sparty, the Michigan State mascot, is one of the more recognizable figures in college basketball. On a recent podcast episode, Draymond Green said Steph Curry will be entering the arena dressed as Sparty, should Michigan State beat Davidson in the first round of the NCAA Tournament.

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, The Pantry, tGreenWay and AvgMSUJoe like this post

Back to top Go down

So, my daughter knew the kids that were Sparty for her four years on the team..... But STEPH CURRY?  He will be the most famous Sparty Empty Re: So, my daughter knew the kids that were Sparty for her four years on the team..... But STEPH CURRY? He will be the most famous Sparty

Post by NigelUno 2022-03-19, 22:07

Tomorrow, we are all Sparty.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

DWags and aualum06 like this post

Back to top Go down

So, my daughter knew the kids that were Sparty for her four years on the team..... But STEPH CURRY?  He will be the most famous Sparty Empty Re: So, my daughter knew the kids that were Sparty for her four years on the team..... But STEPH CURRY? He will be the most famous Sparty

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-03-19, 23:04

Who was the dude on TOB that was Sparty back in the 90s/00s?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-19, 23:20

Motown Spartan wrote:Who was the dude on TOB that was Sparty back in the 90s/00s?

The team usually went to pre season camp at the Wisconsin Dells. Sparties had to be there with them. Not a bad gig for a couple guys in the Dells with 20 cheerleaders from your school plus about five other schools there I always thought. Anyway she tells me the guys chosen are usually funny as hell great personalities and fairly athletic

Favorite shots of Sparty.

So, my daughter knew the kids that were Sparty for her four years on the team..... But STEPH CURRY?  He will be the most famous Sparty Fc2a1e10

So, my daughter knew the kids that were Sparty for her four years on the team..... But STEPH CURRY?  He will be the most famous Sparty 33cfa110

So, my daughter knew the kids that were Sparty for her four years on the team..... But STEPH CURRY?  He will be the most famous Sparty 7b7c2010

DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2022-03-20, 00:02

Very cool, DWags. I especially like that last photo.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

DWags and I.B. Fine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2022-03-20, 00:17

tGreenWay wrote:Very cool, DWags. I especially like that last photo.

Had my wife in tears. I guess me too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by StylesGShmooth 2022-03-20, 01:49

Motown Spartan wrote:Who was the dude on TOB that was Sparty back in the 90s/00s?

I know 3 dudes who were Sparty on TOB, only remember one of their usernames there though. Sparty2QP.

I don't recall it having to be a secret that they were Sparty, btw. Could be wrong though, was quite a while ago.
StylesGShmooth
StylesGShmooth
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-03-20, 06:53

StylesGShmooth wrote:

I know 3 dudes who were Sparty on TOB, only remember one of their usernames there though. Sparty2QP.

I don't recall it having to be a secret that they were Sparty, btw. Could be wrong though, was quite a while ago.

That was him, thanks. Good dude.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates 2022-03-20, 14:22

StylesGShmooth wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's always been a secret until they graduate.

Back in December when I was Christmas shopping in Rallys with my daughter, she wanted a stuffed sparty. I couldn't say no to that. This guy next to me said he was sparty back in the day. He looked about in his 50s. He said there's a whole Facebook group of all old spartys that they all keep in touch. I told him when I went, we knew sparty was at least a member of the drum line, because he always joined in during the football games. He knew exactly who I was talking about.
Anyway, it was just cool talking to him about it. And the guy was excited seeing a 4 year old girl wanting a stuffed sparty.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay, duffy munn and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down