Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whitmer verdict

+10
NigelUno
sεяεηιτλ
kingstonlake
Rick Saunders
DWags
MiamiSpartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Pervis Muldoon
Trapper Gus
RQA
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Whitmer verdict Empty Whitmer verdict

Post by RQA Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:07 pm

I know comments are being made about it in the generic GW thread but I think it is a topic deserving of its own thread.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/08/two-acquitted-in-whitmer-case-fbi-misconduct-central/

In a huge defeat for the U.S. Department of Justice, a jury today acquitted two men accused of conspiring to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer in the fall of 2020 and deadlocked on a verdict for two other defendants. The verdicts were announced at the Gerald R. Ford Federal Building in Grand Rapids after more than four days of deliberations; jurors heard 13 days of testimony in a case the government considered one of its biggest domestic terrorism investigations ever.

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Whitmer verdict Empty Re: Whitmer verdict

Post by Trapper Gus Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:57 pm

There is a thread about this, somewhere on here, already, use the search function, dude.

This case, with all the coverage for months before the trial, was going to be difficult to try, as an unbiased jury was unlikely.

However, this is not the first case of this type where the jury just didn't believe the facts because of how they were collected.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:35 am

RQA wrote:I know comments are being made about it in the generic GW thread but I think it is a topic deserving of its own thread.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/04/08/two-acquitted-in-whitmer-case-fbi-misconduct-central/

In a huge defeat for the U.S. Department of Justice, a jury today acquitted two men accused of conspiring to kidnap Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer in the fall of 2020 and deadlocked on a verdict for two other defendants. The verdicts were announced at the Gerald R. Ford Federal Building in Grand Rapids after more than four days of deliberations; jurors heard 13 days of testimony in a case the government considered one of its biggest domestic terrorism investigations ever.

Nice website. No wonder you struggle with arguments here. It seems that you prefer having opinions fed to you instead of thinking for yourself.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

GRR Spartan and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:18 pm

I didn’t watch any piece of the trial so I am inclined to assume that the jury is correct, and given that cops are overreaching pieces of shit it’s pretty believable to me that they did the same thing here.

The only problem is that between me and the op one of us will remember that cops are overreaching pieces of shit next time we talk about police and the other will be draping themselves in a thin blue line flag while defending the cops sacred honor to shoot whomever they please
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:27 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

This case, with all the coverage for months before the trial, was going to be difficult to try, as an unbiased jury was unlikely.

Given the extent and tone of media coverage any jury bias was likely to be in favor of the government.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:29 pm

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

It seems that you prefer having opinions fed to you instead of thinking for yourself.

That the government lost their case is an "opinion"?

Whitmer verdict 420617953
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:31 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I didn’t watch any piece of the trial so I am inclined to assume that the jury is correct, and given that cops are overreaching pieces of shit it’s pretty believable to me that they did the same thing here.

The only problem is that between me and the op one of us will remember that cops are overreaching pieces of shit next time we talk about police and the other will be draping themselves in a thin blue line flag while defending the cops sacred honor to shoot whomever they please

The whole affair isn't about "cops", it is about the FBI and government corruption.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:15 pm

RQA wrote:
Travis of the Cosmos wrote:I didn’t watch any piece of the trial so I am inclined to assume that the jury is correct, and given that cops are overreaching pieces of shit it’s pretty believable to me that they did the same thing here.

The whole affair isn't about "cops", it is about the FBI and government corruption.

*checks notes on who cops work for*
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:38 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
RQA wrote:

Local police who target minorities = good

Federal police who investigate white extreamists groups = bad
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Travis of the Cosmos and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:25 pm

Not for the FBI
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:31 pm

RQA wrote:

Not for the FBI

50/50 but you picked the wrong one. You’re so close!
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:46 pm

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

It seems that you prefer having opinions fed to you instead of thinking for yourself.

Seriously, why do you need this stuff?

Abolish the FBI or Face an American Putin
By Adam Mill
April 10, 2022
Since J. Edgar Hoover founded it, the FBI has never really been a law enforcement agency. It’s a clearing house for kompromot and intimidation.

Trump as Speaker of the House?
By John S. Baker
April 10, 2022
The Constitution’s separation of powers limits what a president can accomplish without the cooperation of Congress. A determined speaker of the House theoretically could do much more to weaken the per

The Debasement of our Professional and Political Classes
By Victor Davis Hanson
April 10, 2022
Leftist professionals in politics, government, and private enterprise debased themselves for short-term political gain, or in furor at their bogeyman Trump, or in anger at the unwashed.

FBI Kidnapping Caper Was Flagrant Election Interference
By Julie Kelly
April 9, 2022
The only people pushing to do something big before Election Day resided in the J. Edgar Hoover Building in Washington, D.C.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:12 pm

This article is pretty fair, from a site that is most definitely not pro-Sedition.

https://www.spytalk.co/p/fbi-belly-flops-in-michigan-governor?r=am7k6&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:56 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:This article is pretty fair, from a site that is most definitely not pro-Sedition.

https://www.spytalk.co/p/fbi-belly-flops-in-michigan-governor?r=am7k6&s=r&utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=email

Pretty much what I was saying months ago, the FBI is out of bounds in these cases. There are some obvious comments about the defendants in the various cases cited in the article.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

MiamiSpartan likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:35 pm

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

It also won its case against rogue cops in Minnesota. Why are you making this one side vs the other? It’s what juries are for. The fact those people were acquitted does not mean they aren’t completely scum bag human beings. The fact that people are police or FBI agents doesn’t meant they also aren’t scum bag human beings.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:45 pm

DWags wrote:
RQA wrote:

It also won its case against rogue cops in Minnesota. Why are you making this one side vs the other? It’s what juries are for. The fact those people were acquitted does not mean they aren’t completely scum bag human beings. The fact that people are police or FBI agents doesn’t meant they also aren’t scum bag human beings.

Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter: "no matter what the defendant's past record and present inclination to criminality, or the depths to which he has sunk in the estimation of society, certain police conduct to ensnare him into further crime is not to be tolerated by an advanced society."
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:49 pm

Rick Saunders wrote:
DWags wrote:

Supreme Court Justice Felix Frankfurter: "no matter what the defendant's past record and present inclination to criminality, or the depths to which he has sunk in the estimation of society, certain police conduct to ensnare him into further crime is not to be tolerated by an advanced society."

I think I said the same thing as he did, it just shows the difference between an eloquent supreme court justice and a dumb ass like me
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:56 am

That was my opinion when I read about the case and started the "entrapment" thread. Having an FBI informant is fine, but they need to act like a fly on a wall. If, in that case the plans move forward, then stop them at the last minute. Having the informant and the FBI taking active roles to move the plot forward, as they have done too many times, is wrong. These defendants were lucky they were part a favoured group.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:21 pm

Pervis Muldoon wrote:
RQA wrote:

By Adam Mill
April 10, 2022
Since J. Edgar Hoover founded it, the FBI has never really been a law enforcement agency. It’s a clearing house for kompromot and intimidation.

By John S. Baker
April 10, 2022
The Constitution’s separation of powers limits what a president can accomplish without the cooperation of Congress. A determined speaker of the House theoretically could do much more to weaken the per

By Victor Davis Hanson
April 10, 2022
Leftist professionals in politics, government, and private enterprise debased themselves for short-term political gain, or in furor at their bogeyman Trump, or in anger at the unwashed.

By Julie Kelly
April 9, 2022
The only people pushing to do something big before Election Day resided in the J. Edgar Hoover Building in Washington, D.C.

Didn't come across any of those but will check out the one on the Whitmer case as election interference. The Hanson piece sounds relevant to you.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:28 pm

DWags wrote:

The rogue cop case in MN is nothing like the Whitmer case. The cop case was a spontaneous action by a single person and did not involve people in leadership. The Whitmer case was the result of deliberate decision making by multiple people in leadership positions had the highest levels of federal law enforcement.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:32 pm

DWags wrote:
I think I said the same thing as he did, it just shows the difference between an eloquent supreme court justice and a dumb ass like me

I was actually just trying to get your name out there for nomination.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:42 pm

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

The rogue cop case in MN is nothing like the Whitmer case. The cop case was a spontaneous action by a single person and did not involve people in leadership. The Whitmer case was the result of deliberate decision making by multiple people in leadership positions had the highest levels of federal law enforcement.

Didn't know that the Director of the FBI, a Republician btw, or the AG, also a Republician during most of the investigation were leading this investigation. RQA gives us interesting information every day
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:48 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

Didn't know that the Director of the FBI, a Republician btw, or the AG, also a Republician during most of the investigation were leading this investigation. RQA gives us interesting information every day

When did I say that the FBI Director or AG were led the investigation?

Trapper Gus remains the leading source of disinformation on SW.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 12, 2022 2:52 pm

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Didn't know that the Director of the FBI, a Republician btw, or the AG, also a Republician during most of the investigation  were leading this investigation.  RQA gives us interesting information every day

Those are "the highest levels of federal law enforcement". I know you really didn't mean that but it is what you typed.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:10 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:
RQA wrote:

Those are "the highest levels of federal law enforcement". I know you really didn't mean that but it is what you typed.

Again please link and quote as to when I said that the Director of the FBI and AG led the investigation.

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:18 pm

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Again please link and quote as to when I said that the Director of the FBI and AG led the investigation.

I just did.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:21 pm

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

Lol. So wait, are you saying police departments across our country don’t have leadership that has covered up the unlawful actions of their underlings? You just wrote there is a difference and you implied had there not been video evidence of bystanders in Minnesota that that asshole cop would still have been prosecuted.

If you believe that, your mind is so far gone in ideology that you can’t have a discussion on this subject. I 100% guarantee you that had the Minnesota cop not been videotaped, he’d still be on the force.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:24 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

I just did.

Here is the entirety of the post you are referring to:

RQA: "The rogue cop case in MN is nothing like the Whitmer case. The cop case was a spontaneous action by a single person and did not involve people in leadership. The Whitmer case was the result of deliberate decision making by multiple people in leadership positions had the highest levels of federal law enforcement."

I will give you one more opportunity to either find a quote from me that states the FBI Director and AG led the investigation or to retract that comment and simply admit you either misunderstood me or misquoted me or whatever other spin you might have for it.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:27 pm

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

By Adam Mill
April 10, 2022

By John S. Baker
April 10, 2022

By Victor Davis Hanson
April 10, 2022

By Julie Kelly
April 9, 2022

Didn't come across any of those but will check out the one on the Whitmer case as election interference. The Hanson piece sounds relevant to you.

Yes, another Julie Kelly opinion piece. Why not buy her books? They seem very credible...

Julie Kelly is a political commentator and senior contributor to American Greatness. She is the author of January 6: How Democrats Used the Capitol Protest to Launch a War on Terror Against the Political Right and Disloyal Opposition: How the NeverTrump Right Tried―And Failed―To Take Down the President.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:37 pm

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I just did.

Here is the entirety of the post you are referring to:

RQA:  "The rogue cop case in MN is nothing like the Whitmer case. The cop case was a spontaneous action by a single person and did not involve people in leadership. The Whitmer case was the result of deliberate decision making by multiple people in leadership positions had the highest levels of federal law enforcement."

I will give you one more opportunity to either find a quote from me that states the FBI Director and AG led the investigation or to retract that comment and simply admit you either misunderstood me or misquoted me or whatever other spin you might have for it.  

Dude "multiple peope at the highest levels of federal law enforcement" means the FBI director & the AG,  as they are "the highest levels".  You are just trying, unsuccessfully, to walk back what you typed.

Edit - if you had typed "higher" instead of "highest" which is probably what you meant, your argument would be correct, but you didn't. Own what you typed and admit it wasn't what you meant.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:43 pm

DWags wrote:
RQA wrote:

Lol. So wait, are you saying police departments across our country don’t have leadership that has covered up the unlawful actions of their underlings? You just wrote there is a difference and you implied had there not been video evidence of bystanders in Minnesota that that asshole cop would still have been prosecuted.

If you believe that, your mind is so far gone in ideology that you can’t have a discussion on this subject. I 100% guarantee you that had the Minnesota cop not been videotaped, he’d still be on the force.

The Ahmaud Arbery case in Georgia is a top down example.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:49 pm

DWags wrote:

Lol. So wait, are you saying police departments across our country don’t have leadership that has covered up the unlawful actions of their underlings? You just wrote there is a difference

Now you are moving the goalposts. You started out using the example of a beat cop and now change to "police departments (leadership) across the country"

Even with that your analogy doesn't really work. The maleficence in the Whitmer case starts at the top of federal law enforcement and involves creating a crime for political gain. I am far more concerned about that than what the Bakersfield police chief is up to.

RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:52 pm

Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Yes, another Julie Kelly opinion piece. Why not buy her books? They seem very credible...

You're right Pervis. I should stick to credible sources like CNN and the NYT. Glad they informed me that Hunter Biden's laptop was a Russian plant.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:53 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

Dude "multiple peope at the highest levels of federal law enforcement" means the FBI director & the AG,  as they are "the highest levels".  You are just trying, unsuccessfully, to walk back what you typed.

Edit - if you had typed "higher" instead of "highest" which is probably what you meant, your argument would be correct, but you didn't. Own what you typed and admit it wasn't what you meant.

I meant what I typed. Again please quote me saying those people led the investigation.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:54 pm

RQA wrote:
DWags wrote:

Lol. So wait, are you saying police departments across our country don’t have leadership that has covered up the unlawful actions of their underlings?   You just wrote there is a difference  

Now you are moving the goalposts.   You started out using the example of a beat cop and now change to "police departments (leadership) across the country"

Even with that your analogy doesn't really work.    The maleficence in the Whitmer case starts at the top of federal law enforcement and involves creating a crime for political gain.    I am far more concerned about that than what the Bakersfield police chief is up to.

The "top" of the FBI when this investigation started was, and still is, a Republician.

The "top" of the DOJ when this investigation started was a Republician.

Not sure what you are trying to claim, but if it is political, the leadership, being Republican, was prosecuting the Republician base voters.

edit - in reality the FBI & DoJ were just doing thier job, no poltics at all at any level.  That the FBI has become very sloppy in its methods since 911 is another issue.

Last edited by Trapper Gus on Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:56 pm

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I meant what I typed. Again please quote me saying those people led the investigation.

Dude, I have, over and over again.

No point in continuing this because you are being being dishonest about what the word "highest" means.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:04 pm

Trapper Gus wrote:

No point in continuing this because you are being being dishonest about what the word "highest" means.

I have no quarrel with you about the definition of "highest".

What you haven't done even once (let alone, "over and over again") is to quote me saying that they led the investigation.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:08 pm

RQA wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

I have no quarrel with you about the definition of "highest".  

What you haven't done even once (let alone, "over and over again") is to quote me saying that they led the investigation.

And RQA tries to move the goal posts.  If they are "decision making on a case" that is leading.

edit - and you are the one suggesting leadership interference in this discussion.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:30 pm

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

You're right Pervis. I should stick to credible sources like CNN and the NYT. Glad they informed me that Hunter Biden's laptop was a Russian plant.

On Wells, you were aghast when I said I didn't subscribe to the New York Times. You followed me around for a while, criticizing me for not subscribing. I don't watch CNN either.

Now, let's get back to your need for articles that tell you exactly what you already believe. How long have you been frequenting radical cult websites?
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:44 pm

RQA wrote:
Pervis Muldoon wrote:

Did they?

Have seen speculation from other sources about that, but not tNYT.

Links to these articles?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next