Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are you listening to right now?

+23
tGreenWay
CaptainSlow33
Travis of the Cosmos
Motown Spartan
NigelUno
Spartytruth
InternetWarrior
SawGreen
Trapper Gus
DWags
kingstonlake
Nordic
Jaheab
Pervis Muldoon
Jake from State Farm
Floyd Robertson
MiamiSpartan
Rocinante
MattyFresh
The Pantry
steveschneider
Other Teams Pursuing That
Turtleneck
27 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:26 pm

Not a heavy metal fan, but maybe I'll start listening to some Metallica.

Metallica donates $100K to Detroit charities following weekend concerts

Metallica donated $100,000 to several Detroit charities following the band's shows at Ford Field in Detroit over the weekend.

The band's charity, All Within My Hands, donated a combined $100,000 to Gleaners Food Bank, Alternatives for Girls, and The Farmlink Project.

The charity donated $35,000 to Gleaners, which helps provide households with access to sufficient, nutritious food and other resources in five metro Detroit counties: Wayne, Oakland, Macomb, Livingston, and Monroe.

Alternatives for Girls also received $35,000. The organization helps girls and young women experiencing homelessness and other risks to avoid violence, early pregnancy and exploitation.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

The Pantry likes this post

Back to top Go down

What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 Empty Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by DWags Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:36 pm

Etta James covering purple rain and rain o’er me.

Not a song in the world that Etta James couldn’t take make it better
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:16 pm

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:43 pm

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

steveschneider likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by The Pantry Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:46 pm

The Pantry
The Pantry
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:07 pm

Olivia Rodrigo's tiny desk. I am secure enough in my masculinity (or lack there of) to admit I like that one.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:16 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Olivia Rodrigo's tiny desk. I am secure enough in my masculinity (or lack there of) to admit I like that one.
she's quite talented.

we have a Tiny Desk/live performance thread here somewhere. If I wasn't elbow deep in French press coffee, I'd look for it. Maybe in a bit.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:44 pm

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:34 pm

Meeting some friends out.. sippin' a Coors Banquet beer and rockin' a straight up banger from undergrad.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:02 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:goddamn Jason Isbell did it again. I'm gonna beat his ass next time I see him.

muthafucker.

Jesus fucking christ, Isbell. I ain't supposed to be crying this early in the day. Fuck.

looks like the greatest President in my lifetime has good taste in music, as well.

(Sorry if this post offends you).

What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 20231212
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:45 pm

Hey Bob... you try Wednesday?
From your hometown AND they were near or at the top of many of the best of '23 lists. Punky, Melodic. They identify having a country aesthetic, but i don't hear that. (First song is kind of, uh... epic... might wanna circle back to it)

AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:00 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Hey Bob... you try Wednesday?
From your hometown AND they were near or at the top of many of the best of '23 lists. Punky, Melodic. They identify having a country aesthetic, but i don't hear that. (First song is kind of, uh... epic... might wanna circle back to it)

holy hell - no. Sad to say that I've become a bit disconnected with the old stomping grounds since my parents passed and I sold everything. Haven't even been down there since 2019.

your description of them sounds right up my alley, though - I'll check them tonight. Thanks, man.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:06 pm

Like #4 on pitchfork, #1on paste... npr list... pretty much all of them.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:51 pm

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Like #4 on pitchfork, #1on paste... npr list... pretty much all of them.
been checking them out and found this KEXP performance.

different sound, but I dig it. Kind of an alt-country-prog-shoegaze-reverb thing. Also, they give Asheville a sweet shout out a few times in between songs, talking with the host.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Thu Jan 11, 2024 10:13 am

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
AvgMSUJoe wrote:Like #4 on pitchfork, #1on paste... npr list... pretty much all of them.
been checking them out and found this KEXP performance.

different sound, but I dig it. Kind of an alt-country-prog-shoegaze-reverb thing. Also, they give Asheville a sweet shout out a few times in between songs, talking with the host.

Waynesville > Asheville
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:18 pm

For some reason this morning I was trying to remember what Bob Seger album 2+2 was on, so I wound up going down a bit of a rabbit hole. I found this in reference to the "Back in 72" album on Wikipedia with no citation:

It's believed that much of the influence of this album is a result of his brief experience as a member of the Theta Delta Chi fraternity at Michigan State University.

Not once have I ever heard of Seger attending MSU. I'm pretty skeptical and couldn't find anything to back that up. Anybody here know anything?
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:29 pm

Rick Saunders wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: been checking them out and found this KEXP performance.

Waynesville > Asheville
I would kiss you on the lips right now if I could. What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 969504605
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Mon Jan 15, 2024 4:04 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
Rick Saunders wrote:

Waynesville > Asheville
I would kiss you on the lips right now if I could. What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 969504605

What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 969504605

I feels like Jelsic Sturm.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Pervis Muldoon Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:04 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:For some reason this morning I was trying to remember what Bob Seger album 2+2 was on, so I wound up going down a bit of a rabbit hole. I found this in reference to the "Back in 72" album on Wikipedia with no citation:

It's believed that much of the influence of this album is a result of his brief experience as a member of the Theta Delta Chi fraternity at Michigan State University.

Not once have I ever heard of Seger attending MSU. I'm pretty skeptical and couldn't find anything to back that up. Anybody here know anything?

He pledged, but that dirty hippie wasn't up to our standards.
Pervis Muldoon
Pervis Muldoon
Spartiate

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Sun Feb 04, 2024 9:33 pm

Robert J Sakimano wrote:goddamn Jason Isbell did it again. I'm gonna beat his ass next time I see him.

muthafucker.

Jesus fucking christ, Isbell. I ain't supposed to be crying this early in the day. Fuck.

I don't know much about anything (y'all can attest to that), but I know good music.

This post is from April and today this song won best American Roots song at the Grammys.

Shout out to Jason. His 5th Grammy, I believe. He deserves all the accolades he gets.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:02 am

some toe-tappin' goodness here.

I've seen hundreds to shows in my life, hundreds of bands - and The Devil Makes Three ranks up there in terms of just mind-boggling talented. Such a fun live band.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Sun Feb 11, 2024 12:42 am

Possibly the greatest song ever written. It's in the discussion.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Feb 13, 2024 1:55 am

This song came up randomly from a group I’d never heard nor heard of before. I really liked the vocals & harmony as well as the music itself, which seems like a mix of bluegrass and a little old-timey country. Went in search of more and it turns out they’re still reasonably new to the music scene even though they’ve been together their entire lives. The Castellos are three sisters from Georgia, who grew up on a cattle farm.

My prediction: These three are going to be HUGE, and will set the country music scene on fire probably not too far into the future.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Feb 13, 2024 2:06 am

Oh yeah, all three sisters aren’t bad looking, either, which will help with their popularity. But the product is good and I’m pretty sure they write their own material.

Of the few songs I’ve heard, this one might be my favorite. The lyrics are really strong, too. If it gets a national release, it has a good chance of becoming a big hit.

tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:45 am

tGreenWay wrote:This song came up randomly from a group I’d never heard nor heard of before. I really liked the vocals & harmony as well as the music itself, which seems like a mix of bluegrass and a little old-timey country. Went in search of more and it turns out they’re still reasonably new to the music scene even though they’ve been together their entire lives. The Castellos are three sisters from Georgia, who grew up on a cattle farm.

My prediction: These three are going to be HUGE, and will set the country music scene on fire probably not too far into the future.

Their great great grandfather was Lou Costello.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

tGreenWay likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:51 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:This song came up randomly from a group I’d never heard nor heard of before. I really liked the vocals & harmony as well as the music itself, which seems like a mix of bluegrass and a little old-timey country. Went in search of more and it turns out they’re still reasonably new to the music scene even though they’ve been together their entire lives. The Castellos are three sisters from Georgia, who grew up on a cattle farm.

I don’t know about that.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:52 pm

Motown Spartan wrote:

Wait. I’m taking a mulligan.

What?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:16 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

What?
Fuck you
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:17 pm

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

What?
Fuck you

Who?
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:18 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Fuck you

Who?
You. Trash ass poster.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:43 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Who?
You. Trash ass poster.
🍿
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:15 pm

tGreenWay wrote:

Who?
You. Trash ass poster.

What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 Img_7014
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Thu Feb 15, 2024 7:47 am

A folk group showed up in my FYP page on TikTok, and I've been mixing them in between my symphonic Norwegian metal.

CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:52 am

Anyone ever hear of an emo band called "Hot Mulligan" from Lansing? Apparently they are opening for falloutboy.

Pretty good if you are into that sort of thing.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:22 am

AvgMSUJoe wrote:Anyone ever hear of an emo band called "Hot Mulligan" from Lansing? Apparently they are opening for falloutboy.

Pretty good if you are into that sort of thing.

Listening to them now. Their banner photo on Apple Music was taken on the top level of the Grand River ramp. Classic early 2000s screamo band. I'm enjoying what I've heard so far.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:57 am

I’ve been listening to a band named Travis is a Sonuvabitch. Excellent stuff.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:59 am

tGreenWay wrote:I’ve been listening to a band named Travis is a Sonuvabitch. Excellent stuff.
Hahahahahahaahaha omg fucking nailed it didn’t ya? 

I’ve been listening to this new band called greenway it sounds like a dying rat and I hate it so much
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:07 am

tGreenWay wrote:I’ve been listening to a band named Travis is a Sonuvabitch. Excellent stuff.
Hahahahahahaahaha omg fucking nailed it didn’t ya? 

I’ve been listening to this new band called greenway it sounds like a dying rat and I hate it so much

What are you listening to right now? - Page 7 Img_7016
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rick Saunders Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:46 am

tGreenWay wrote:
Motown Spartan wrote:

What?

Second base.
Rick Saunders
Rick Saunders
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:58 pm

I don't think John Michael Montgomery wrote a single song, and a quick perusal of Wikipedia shows he had a LOT of different songwriters, but he may have been the perfect vessel for his era of the Nashville songwriting factory.

Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next