Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wish we could be shocked like we once were. But it’s who we are. So screw it.

+5
AvgMSUJoe
Motown Spartan
Travis of the Cosmos
Robert J Sakimano
DWags
9 posters

Go down

I wish we could be shocked like we once were.  But it’s who we are. So screw it.  Empty I wish we could be shocked like we once were. But it’s who we are. So screw it.

Post by DWags 2022-11-23, 00:59

Don’t come in here with sarcastic bull shit. Just say it’s what we’ve chosen as a country. We don’t want solutions, we don’t care to try to find them.

We want blood. All of us. We don’t care that 30 kids were murdered or 5 LGBTQ or now 10 plus Walmart shoppers.  

Fuck every last one of us.

And I mean it. I’ve done nothing. All I’ve done is bitch about it.  If school children in Texas didn’t move me to meaningful action these 10 people in  Virginia won’t.

I’ll chime in again if I can figure out what to do, then do it.  Suggestions are welcomed.  Till then I’ll wait for the next massacre.  

Fucking late night shopping for Thanksgiving

Oh and as a good to do how ya doin: we did t even talk about the last execution we enjoyed as an official state functionthat happened the other day in Alabama. It took 3 hours to kill him by lethal injection. Know why the governor was pissed?  Cause the family watching it was uncomfortable. I mean fuck that guy who we slow killed. She wants it more efficient so families can see it quickly and get to the I-Hop for lunch.

If you’re in another country seeing these stories you cant tell me we aren’t looked at as animals. Killing kids or those that are gay and slow bleeding a murderer for 3 hours.
Merica.

Last edited by DWags on 2022-11-23, 08:11; edited 1 time in total
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano, Pervis Muldoon, Trapper Gus and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

I wish we could be shocked like we once were.  But it’s who we are. So screw it.  Empty Re: I wish we could be shocked like we once were. But it’s who we are. So screw it.

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2022-11-23, 06:54

I suspect 'pro-life' christians are upset.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

I wish we could be shocked like we once were.  But it’s who we are. So screw it.  Empty Re: I wish we could be shocked like we once were. But it’s who we are. So screw it.

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2022-11-23, 07:07

DWags wrote:Don’t come in here with sarcastic bull shit. Just say it’s what we’ve chosen as a country. We don’t want solutions, we don’t care to try to find them.

We want blood. All of us. We don’t care that 30 kids were murdered or 5 LGBTQ or now 10 plus Walmart shoppers.  

Fuck every last one of us.

And I mean it. I’ve done nothing. All I’ve done is bitch about it.  If school children in Texas didn’t move me to meaningful action these 10 people in  irvinia won’t.

I’ll chime in again if I can figure out what to do, then do it.  Suggestions are welcomed.  Till then I’ll wait for the next massacre.  

Fucking late night shopping for Thanksgiving

Oh and as a good to do how ya doin we did t even talk an out the last execution as a state that happened the other sayin Alabama. It took 3 hours to kill him by lethal injection. Know why the governor was pissed? Cause the family watching it was uncomfortable. I mean fuck that guy who we slow killed. She wants it more efficient so families can see it quickly and get to the I-Hop for lunch.

If you’re in another country seeing these stories you cant tell me we aren’t looked at as animals. Killing kids or those that are gay and slow bleeding a murderer for 3 hours.
Merica.

Greenway asked for podcast recommendations a few weeks ago and I told him about one that’s about various Supreme Court cases called 5 to 4. Yesterdays episode was about the case that made this shit possible and it’s wildly infuriating how we just kind of allow them to do this even though it’s so very clearly unconstitutional. I’d give it a listen.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-23, 07:37

You’re right and I feel powerless to do anything, so I don’t, and I believe others feel the same.

It’s not a fun issue. It’s not a mental health issue.

It’s a Republican issue. They’ve won.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-23, 08:30

Maybe Dwags needs to lead a monthly protest somewhere, or something, so we feel like we are doing something. Or just keep on keeping on and vote the bad ones out and try to live as good as you can. I do feel like I should volunteer somewhere to help with something but everything is fucked up so... who knows.

Reminds me of a small group of people who, every Friday at lunch time, hold peace signs outside of the capitol in Lansing. They started during Iraq (I think) and have been doing it ever since. So, pretty much a waste of time, no one who makes decisions will be influenced by them, but I bet it makes them feel like they are doing something. Who knows.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-23, 08:34

Dwags - you seem to have two similar issues in your rant.

1 - Mass killings

2 - Execution of capital criminals

Both of these issues have organizations you can join, probably found using a search engine, and support with money. Since that is how politics works that is the best solution for you, or anyone else.

Beyond that you can vote for people who say they are against capital punishment and / or for gun control.

I suppose there may be a group who is urging the modification of the 2nd which could be supported, but that is an unlikely prospect, however there is a judge down south somewhere who has taken the latest US Supreme Court ruling at its word (it said to use history as the guide as to what is acceptable gun control) and is hiring historians to research and report to his court on the issue.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-23, 09:42

The assault weapons ban that lapsed in 2004 at the hands of Bush and the Republicans needs to get the most blame for this. It's not all of us D Wags.

You can combine it with the deteriorating mental health of this country, but guns kill people and reducing the availability of assault weapons would have a huge impact. Sadly, we can't get it done.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

DWags and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-11-23, 10:03

Used to think sanity might get its foot in the door after the June 2017 shooting where Congressman Scalise was seriously wounded and several other congressmen were wounded when a shooter opened up on the GOP baseball team practicing for the annual baseball game against the Democrats.

Instead, Scalise from his hospital beed doubled down fighting any additional measures to monitor and restrict gun sales.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-23, 10:04

Floyd Robertson wrote:The assault weapons ban that lapsed in 2004 at the hands of Bush and the Republicans needs to get the most blame for this. It's not all of us D Wags.

You can combine it with the deteriorating mental health of this country, but guns kill people and reducing the availability of assault weapons would have a huge impact. Sadly, we can't get it done.

Gun ownership has been weaponized by the Republican Party, and that all started back in the 1970's. The Republicans love themselves all these social "wedge" issues that bring in a few thousand votes.

Talking to gun owners they all seem to believe that limiting guns in anyway is a threat to their lives.  Totally an emotional response that they have been brainwashed into.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2022-11-23, 10:18

Trapper Gus wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:The assault weapons ban that lapsed in 2004 at the hands of Bush and the Republicans needs to get the most blame for this. It's not all of us D Wags.

Gun ownership has been weaponized by the Republican Party, and that all started back in the 1970's.  The Republicans love themselves all these social "wedge" issues that bring in a few thousand votes.

Talking to gun owners they all seem to believe that limiting guns in anyway is a threat to their lives.  Totally an emotional response that they have been brainwashed into.

Right. If only they could come to the conclusion that the right to owning guns doesn't equate to owning assault weapons.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2022-11-23, 10:25

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Gun ownership has been weaponized by the Republican Party, and that all started back in the 1970's.  The Republicans love themselves all these social "wedge" issues that bring in a few thousand votes.

Right. If only they could come to the conclusion that the right to owning guns doesn't equate to owning assault weapons.

What they refuse to do is draw the line between “muh rites” and “weapons of mass destruction”.

Why can’t I own a tactical or ballistic nuclear weapon? Isn’t that the government infringing on my right to bear arms?
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-11-23, 13:13

This time the shooter was a Walmart manager.

You’re hired!  Welcome the Walmart Team!

When you come in tomorrow at 9:00 AM we have some paper work all new employees fill out.

Then you and the other new team members will watch a short video.  

After that you’ll be assigned to a department, meet the department manager.   You’ll get your name tag and a blue tactical body armor vest.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2022-11-23, 15:41

Motown Spartan wrote:
What they refuse to do is draw the line between “muh rites” and “weapons of mass destruction”.

Why can’t I own a tactical or ballistic nuclear weapon? Isn’t that the government infringing on my right to bear arms?
It's because they have one in their closet... and once a month or twice a year they go to a range and waste a shit ton of money on ammo shooting it... and they have fun. Because it is kind of fun to shoot shit. So between that occasional thrill and the nra brainwashing why bother doing what's for the greater good? They would have to find a better way to spend their time. And shit, especially during the pandemic we've seen these people don't even care about themselves, let alone anyone else.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-23, 16:49

Floyd Robertson wrote:
Trapper Gus wrote:

Why don't the "originalists" on the Supreme Court apply their fuzzy ass thinking to what "arms" were readily available in 1798?  I'm olay with the right to own muzzle loading muskets.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2022-11-23, 17:28

Vintage pistols manufactured between 1790-1800 were and still are exciting to shoot.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-23, 17:31

GRR Spartan wrote:Vintage pistols manufactured between 1790-1800 were and still are exciting to shoot.

Would that be the risk of blowing up in ones hand?
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-25, 08:48

[tw]1595808765001039872[/tw]
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2022-11-25, 08:54

It’s Thanksgiving, and many of us are gathering with friends and family. Given the horrific news of our having passed 600 mass shootings in America this week, the dinner topic in many homes will inevitably turn to the political debate around guns.

That discussion about guns in America generally falls into two polar opposite positions: don’t regulate guns at all, or ban large parts of the spectrum of guns and heavily regulate ownership of the rest.

But there’s a third position, entirely outside of that spectrum, which every actual “free market“ conservative in America could embrace, and liberals could be down with as well.

It might provide a “safe space” for conversation over Thanksgiving, if Uncle Ralph insists on talking politics.

That’s to treat guns the same way we treat cars.

https://hartmannreport.com/p/a-safe-space-for-a-gun-conversation
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2022-11-25, 11:23

Trapper Gus wrote:[tw]1595808765001039872[/tw]

More support of Twitter from Gus.
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down