Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's Talk About Automotive Sales Numbers

+5
Cameron
TravelinMan
steveschneider
RQA
Trapper Gus
9 posters

Go down

Let's Talk About Automotive Sales Numbers Empty Let's Talk About Automotive Sales Numbers

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-04, 08:15

Just signed up for Automotive News feed this year, and here are the sales for the last few years.

https://www.autonews.com/sales/dec-us-auto-sales-hyundai-kia-post-double-digit-sales-gains-finish-2022?utm_source=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20230104&utm_content=hero-headline

The sales per year bar graph has only the first three quarters of 2022 so it is misleading.

As typically happens the less expensive car brands are leading the pack.

Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

https://www.dailykos.com/

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk About Automotive Sales Numbers Empty Re: Let's Talk About Automotive Sales Numbers

Post by RQA 2023-01-04, 08:48

Trapper posting misleading information? I'm shocked!
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk About Automotive Sales Numbers Empty Re: Let's Talk About Automotive Sales Numbers

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-04, 08:52

RQA wrote:Trapper posting misleading information?    I'm shocked!

Herr RQA is adding nothing to a thread but noise - not shocking, just par for the course.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-01-04, 08:56

I think most Gen x and millennials view car ownership as a tool to get from point a to point b. We want to get from point a to point b is a cheaply and safely as possible. Asian car makers get this. Most of us will go EV next purchase but waiting for a no nonsense rock solid option once our well built Asian cars are no longer reliable.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by TravelinMan 2023-01-04, 08:59

KIA and Hyundai with suppliers using child labor, supplying parts to a non-unionized U.S. assembly plant.

What's to discuss?
TravelinMan
TravelinMan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-04, 08:59

steveschneider wrote:I think most Gen x and millennials view car ownership as a tool to get from point a to point b. We want to get from point a to point b is a cheaply and safely as possible. Asian car makers get this. Most of us will go EV next purchase but waiting for a no nonsense rock solid option once our well built Asian cars are no longer reliable.

Liberals voice support for unions but wouldn't be caught dead buying a union made car. Right Bob?

Oh, and "most of us" aren't going EV with our next purchase. Right Trapper?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by RQA 2023-01-04, 09:01

TravelinMan wrote:KIA and Hyundai with suppliers using child labor, supplying parts to a non-unionized U.S. assembly plant.

What's to discuss?

How about the hypocrisy of our local liberals supporting all things union except actually buying a union made product? Right Bob?
RQA
RQA
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-04, 09:18

TravelinMan wrote:KIA and Hyundai with suppliers using child labor, supplying parts to a non-unionized U.S. assembly plant.

What's to discuss?

Labor laws in southern states, perhaps.

It wouldn't be unexpected if some of the suppliers in those states were using African American prisoners of the "War on Drugs" who can be hired out as Slaves.

The Republicans in the US Congress really need to fix this shit.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-04, 09:20

RQA wrote:
steveschneider wrote:I think most Gen x and millennials view car ownership as a tool to get from point a to point b. We want to get from point a to point b is a cheaply and safely as possible. Asian car makers get this. Most of us will go EV next purchase but waiting for a no nonsense rock solid option once our well built Asian cars are no longer reliable.

Liberals voice support for unions but wouldn't be caught dead buying a union made car.   Right Bob?

Oh, and "most of us" aren't going EV with our next purchase.  Right Trapper?

We did on our last two purchases, however. Funny you can't seem to remember that while you remember that I was forced to by what was on the lot during the vehicle shortages.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-04, 09:22

the critics are not incorrect as to some of the reasons these vehicles are cheaper, however, controlled exchange rates and accounting rules have more to do with it than labor rates.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-01-04, 09:47

RQA wrote:

What's to discuss?

How about the hypocrisy of our local liberals supporting all things union except actually buying a union made product? Right Bob?

Spoiler alert people buy shit every day that isn’t Union made. You can also buy a Toyota and know they treat their employees well.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2023-01-04, 09:47

Honest question: would my 2018 Equinox have been union assembled?

If so, suck it. If not, shame on me.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-04, 09:51

steveschneider wrote:
RQA wrote:

How about the hypocrisy of our local liberals supporting all things union except actually buying a union made product?   Right Bob?

Spoiler alert people buy shit every day that isn’t Union made. You can also buy a Toyota and know they treat their employees well.

Lots of non-union employers treat their people well to keep unions out of their business, thus lots of non-union workers benefit from the existence of unions.

Toyota has both union and non-union plants.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2023-01-04, 10:04

I got 2 GMs, a Ford and a Honda in my driveway.....

I have no idea which are union. The Honda was more manufactured in the US then most. 1 of the GMs was from South Korea. Pretty sure the Ford was from Mexico.

You pick what's going to fit your needs (capitalism) not based on an internet troll's bullshit.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Cameron, gomersbro, Trapper Gus and steveschneider like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2023-01-04, 10:10

Wait you are Gen X or a millennial? You sure as hell don't post like it.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-04, 10:11

People buy what fits their needs, starting with their budget, which is why lowest cost vehicles often lead in sales volume.

Comparisons between manufacturing in different countries, or states for that matter, often come down to expenses other than labor rates, which typically don't make that much of a difference, as labor is not that high a part of the overall cost of production and are more of a power struggle between assholes like Musk, who think they have the biggest dick, and the workers.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-01-04, 10:14

gomersbro wrote:

Probably because I stand up to people that do the okay boomer thing. One of the most nauseating responses ever.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2023-01-04, 10:18

I'll never buy a new Big 3 vehicle. I'd consider used.

kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-01-04, 10:19

AvgMSUJoe wrote:I got 2 GMs, a Ford and a Honda in my driveway.....

I have no idea which are union. The Honda was more manufactured in the US then most. 1 of the GMs was from South Korea. Pretty sure the Ford was from Mexico.

You pick what's going to fit your needs (capitalism) not based on an internet troll's bullshit.

I think my Prius is mostly US made. I don’t even have brand allegiance and I certainly wasn’t influenced by a tv commercial. Just bought the best product that was at the best price and helped me leave a smaller carbon footprint. I chuckle every time I pull out of a grocery store with my bags of groceries in my Prius and I see people doing the same thing but with pickup trucks. All that torque and power just to bring a few bags of food home.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2023-01-04, 10:24

kingstonlake wrote:I'll never buy a new Big 3 vehicle. I'd consider used.

I’ll buy from the big three next purchase if it’s the cheapest and safest EV option that can get me from point a to point b. I take no pride in auto ownership, have no brand allegiance and won’t be influenced by advertising.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Trapper Gus 2023-01-04, 10:28

steveschneider wrote:
kingstonlake wrote:I'll never buy a new Big 3 vehicle. I'd consider used.

I’ll buy from the big three next purchase if it’s the cheapest and safest EV option that can get me from point a to point b. I take no pride in auto ownership, have no brand allegiance and won’t be influenced by advertising.

I have been buying Ford's based on the relationship my family has with the local dealer, well that and the discounted price due to working in the automotive industry, which has gone away now.

So "brand" loyalty to a local business, not the OEM.
Trapper Gus
Trapper Gus
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by gomersbro 2023-01-04, 12:09

steveschneider wrote:
gomersbro wrote:

Probably because I stand up to people that do the okay boomer thing. One of the most nauseating responses ever.

Or maybe because you post like my 75 year old father speaks.
gomersbro
Spartiate

Cameron likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2023-01-04, 14:43

The Russian Quisling Agent talking hypocrisy is ironic.

Still waiting to see all those flag wavers talking about getting back American jobs for Americans .  Haven’t seen any of them passing laws barring immigrant labor for hotels, restaurants, cement flat work, plaster work, roofing and taking those desired food processing jobs from foreigners so patriotic Americans can earn an honest wage.

Next time you start looking at a vehicle to lease or purchase look at all the point of origins for components before it gets to wherever for final assembly.  The “small” business owners providing components to tier 1 and tier 2 suppliers was crying the blues because a threatened crackdown on Chinese made parts would make them miss deadlines.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down