Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caitlin Clark

+24
DWags
steveschneider
NigelUno
AvgMSUJoe
duffy munn
Rick Saunders
Robert J Sakimano
Trapper Gus
tGreenWay
Pervis Muldoon
Motown Spartan
GRR Spartan
Turtleneck
gomersbro
Nordic
aualum06
MSU addict
InTenSity
Bert Savoy
Travis of the Cosmos
The Pantry
kingstonlake
Other Teams Pursuing That
Jake from State Farm
28 posters

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down

Caitlin Clark  - Page 13 Empty Re: Caitlin Clark

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-25, 17:23

I heard an interview with Clark after the Holy Cross game where she said she was happy that the women's basketball coverage has come so far since she was a freshman. Then the zingers; Its good to see the women's ratings for their conference tournament larger than the mens and "My freshman year the NCAA wouldn't even allow the NCAA Women's tournament to use the MARCH MADNESS logo.

She's got a soap box and is using it.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 17:46

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Iowa tips off tonight vs West By God Virginia.

Also, I cheer for and respect Clark as much as anyone, but I have thought she whines a bit when she feels like she's not getting calls.

Saw a clip of her Dad from the Holy Cross game and he seems to agree with me - Caitlin Clark  - Page 13 502811600 - camera cut to him and you can see him looking at her and mouthing "STOP".

I dug that.

I’ve been thinking the same thing.  However., I’m giving her grace.  Here’s why.:  I have never ever seen one college athlete get this much attention in my life, male or female.  Just try to compare the athlete.    Maybe Lou Alcindor back in the 60s   There isn’t a gym she goes into that the lines aren’t out around the block.  There isn’t a camera in her face directly before and then immediately after the games., there isn’t a town she’s in that autograph seekers absolutely smother her.  

I get it, she’s getting paid very handsomely.  But we forgot she is only a 21-year-old female.  I’m pretty sure my daughters could not hold up as gracefully as she is doing under that kind of scrutiny  

I hope when Iowa does lose, and I’m pretty sure they will in the tournament somewhere, she exits the stage with Grace  

Caitlin Clark  - Page 13 502811600 as I’m speaking into my phone here I’ve got the TV on in my living room and State Farm is advertising the NCAA’s and all they are showing is her.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-25, 19:59

DWags wrote:

Also, I cheer for and respect Clark as much as anyone, but I have thought she whines a bit when she feels like she's not getting calls.

Saw a clip of her Dad from the Holy Cross game and he seems to agree with me - Caitlin Clark  - Page 13 502811600 - camera cut to him and you can see him looking at her and mouthing "STOP".

I dug that.

I’ve been thinking the same thing.  However., I’m giving her grace.  Here’s why.:  I have never ever seen one college athlete get this much attention in my life, male or female.  Just try to compare the athlete.    Maybe Lou Alcindor back in the 60s   There isn’t a gym she goes into that the lines aren’t out around the block.  There isn’t a camera in her face directly before and then immediately after the games., there isn’t a town she’s in that autograph seekers absolutely smother her.  

I get it, she’s getting paid very handsomely.  But we forgot she is only a 21-year-old female.  I’m pretty sure my daughters could not hold up as gracefully as she is doing under that kind of scrutiny  

I hope when Iowa does lose, and I’m pretty sure they will in the tournament somewhere, she exits the stage with Grace  

Caitlin Clark  - Page 13 502811600 as I’m speaking into my phone here I’ve got the TV on in my living room and State Farm is advertising the NCAA’s and all they are showing is her.
I get it. And I appreciate this.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 21:36

WVU is tough on defense.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-03-25, 21:47

That block looked clean to end the quarter, Clark's and one the possession before wasn't close to a foul. Iowa has pushed it to 10 though as west Virginia only has 38
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by aualum06 2024-03-25, 21:53

Pretty clear what the NCAA motives are here
aualum06
aualum06
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-03-25, 22:00

48-48
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-03-25, 22:04

DWags wrote:48-48

Could be the last train to Clarksville
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano and DWags like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-03-25, 23:39

WVA game plan was to play defense and risk fouls banging bodies on nearly every possession.

It’s why they held Iowa to 21/62 from the field; 9/34 from 3pt range but committed 27 fouls and Iowa made  25/30 FT. WVA lost by 10.  

Interestingly WVA never put Marshall on the line who’s 50% FT for the season is the worst for Iowa’s starters.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-26, 07:03

I made to halftime. Was pretty clear that WV was gonna give them all they could handle.

Iowa has been a good team all year, but not great. South Carolina is great. I suspect the Hawkeyes will be pretty fortunate if they get to the Elite 8.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Rick Saunders likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-03-30, 17:50

Fittin' to have ourselves a showdown on Monday.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

duffy munn likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-01, 15:18

tipping off at 7:15 tonight.

gonna be fun to watch - pulling hard for the Hawkeyes.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-04-01, 15:36

DWags wrote:

I dug that.

Agreed. Footage of her during that game, and her dad's reaction in the stands, was all over my TikTok feed after it happened. People seemed to think it was a bad look for her, but I've seen male athletes have temper tantrums way worse than that and people just thought it was a show of passion. From everything I've seen, she handles herself well 99% of the time. If she gets heated from time to time, that doesn't make me think any less of her. Between my admiration for her, and my full on hatred of LSU's coach, I hope Iowa has a big night.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-01, 15:54

CaptainSlow33 wrote:
DWags wrote:

Agreed. Footage of her during that game, and her dad's reaction in the stands, was all over my TikTok feed after it happened. People seemed to think it was a bad look for her, but I've seen male athletes have temper tantrums way worse than that and people just thought it was a show of passion. From everything I've seen, she handles herself well 99% of the time. If she gets heated from time to time, that doesn't make me think any less of her. Between my admiration for her, and my full on hatred of LSU's coach, I hope Iowa has a big night.
I don't mind Clark's passion - in fact, I love it. But there were times this season when she would get a bit overly demonstrative toward the officials when she felt like they missed a call (in the rare event of her committing a turnover or missing a shot)... came across a little whiny.

but I love her passion.

and, yes, I'm a big fan of hers and I hope Iowa comes out blazing tonight. I think LSU is a pretty darn good 3 seed and they're the defending champs, so the Hawkeyes will have their hands full.

What Clark is good at, though, that gets lost on some is her ability to draw and dish. As phenomenal of a shooter as she is, she's averaging 9 assists/game. So if her teammates are hot from the perimeter, they could roll.

I'm kinda nervy though. Regardless, it's great for women's hoops and women's athletics, in general.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainSlow33 2024-04-01, 15:57

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
CaptainSlow33 wrote:

I don't mind Clark's passion - in fact, I love it. But there were times this season when she would get a bit overly demonstrative toward the officials when she felt like they missed a call (in the rare event of her committing a turnover or missing a shot)... came across a little whiny.

but I love her passion.

and, yes, I'm a big fan of hers and I hope Iowa comes out blazing tonight. I think LSU is a pretty darn good 3 seed and they're the defending champs, so the Hawkeyes will have their hands full.

What Clark is good at, though, that gets lost on some is her ability to draw and dish. As phenomenal of a shooter as she is, she's averaging 9 assists/game. So if her teammates are hot from the perimeter, they could roll.

I'm kinda nervy though. Regardless, it's great for women's hoops and women's athletics, in general.

Hell yeah! I was in Spartan Brass in 06-07, and would play at most of the women's basketball home games. It always felt like Breslin was a ghost town for those games, despite the team being pretty fun to watch. Glad that the women's side is finally getting the attention it deserves.
CaptainSlow33
CaptainSlow33
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-01, 19:23

Iowa off to a good start early.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-01, 19:26

Clarkeyes off to a hot start
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-01, 19:27

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Iowa off to a good start early.

She's so good Bob. If her teammates can catch and finish Mulkey will cry
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-01, 19:41

duffy munn wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Iowa off to a good start early.

She's so good Bob. If her teammates can catch and finish Mulkey will cry
intense game. Mulkey might sacrifice a gay person at the half.

LSU came to play and weathered the early Iowa flurry. Clark has had a few uncharacteristic lazy passes.

LSU on a 10-0 run.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-01, 20:06

What a half of basketball.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-01, 20:37

really good basketball
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-01, 20:41

duffy munn wrote:really good basketball
so good.

Iowa (and Clark) came out on fire in the 3rd.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-01, 20:52

Withstood the Tiger's run. First 3 minutes of the 4th are huge
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-01, 20:54

duffy munn wrote:Withstood the Tiger's run. First 3 minutes of the 4th are huge
yep. Was gonna say the same thing. LSU had their run and Iowa responded.

It's been frenetic out there.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-01, 20:56

Honestly some of the best passing and sets I e seen in college this year.

Buckle up. Big final quarter.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-01, 21:08

she keeps responding
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-01, 21:09

Be interesting to see the TV ratings for this game.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-01, 21:15

finish
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-01, 21:18

Mulkey about to choke the life out of a can of Bud Light.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-01, 21:19

LSU should have pressed a lot sooner b
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-01, 21:20

Do not foul. Jesus.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-01, 21:25

Not sure wtf Caitlin was thinking with that foul. scratch
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2024-04-01, 21:26

Again
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-04-01, 22:26

Angel Reese effectiveness was greatly reduced when she dinged her ankle going into the photographers row after fouling Clarke.

I was surprised LSU was so susceptible to the long passes to a player under the basket while LSU was getting down the court.

Clark has a hell of a game and I thought Iowa’s coach Bluder out coached Mulkey although LSU had more athletes.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2024-04-02, 06:25

GRR Spartan wrote:Angel Reese effectiveness was greatly reduced when she dinged her ankle going into the photographers row after fouling Clarke.

I was surprised LSU was so susceptible to the long passes to a player under the basket while LSU was getting down the court.

Clark has a hell of a game and I thought Iowa’s coach Bluder out coached Mulkey although LSU had more athletes.
I agree that Bluder out coached Mulkey.

Mulkey should've spent less time chairing the January 6th Réunion Committee and more time on figuring out how to stop Clark .

LSU seemed to dominate much more down low. I felt like they had so many offensive rebounds, second chance points. Had they been able to neutralize Clark, they would've had a chance.

Great 2nd half of basketball from Iowa.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

CaptainSlow33 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2024-04-02, 08:59

GRR Spartan wrote:Angel Reese effectiveness was greatly reduced when she dinged her ankle going into the photographers row after fouling Clarke.

I think if LSU would’ve used their athleticism more and pressed Iowa, we’re talking about a different game
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-04-02, 11:08

I'm not making excuses, but (play the victim, talk about your ankle)...

NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2024-04-02, 11:13

Robert J Sakimano wrote:

I agree that Bluder out coached Mulkey.

Mulkey should've spent less time chairing the January 6th Réunion Committee and more time on figuring out how to stop Clark .

LSU seemed to dominate much more down low. I felt like they had so many offensive rebounds, second chance points. Had they been able to neutralize Clark, they would've had a chance.

Great 2nd half of basketball from Iowa.

LSU had 19 more FG attempts. And lost by 7.

2 guards were 2-12 from 3. Should have pounded it down low.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by GRR Spartan 2024-04-02, 11:33

If and buts

If Reese's ankle was 100% she would have been fed the ball more down low and she would have been more active in the foul line to 3 pt line defensively (like with her steal before the injury. Then she into the photographer area and injured her ankle in a block attempt. Different player after that.

Reese ended up with 20 rebounds (10 on both ends) but went 7/21 FG/ no 3 pt attempts/ 3/8 FT / 17 points.

LSU center Morrow was 7/18 / no 3 pt attempt/no 3 point attempts.

Iowa frustrated the hell out of the LSU bigs defensively.
GRR Spartan
GRR Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2024-04-02, 12:17

Moving on. We might be in for another treat with UConn and Iowa. We haven't seen the best of Paige Bueckers yet. Injuries took their toll and kept her off the radar, but she is an incredible player who can score big, passes, and rebounds. She is another dominant in all phases of the game player.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

DWags likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 15 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next