Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take the A Train, Michigan?

+10
Other Teams Pursuing That
AvgMSUJoe
tGreenWay
TravelinMan
Cameron
Turtleneck
kingstonlake
DWags
Floyd Robertson
Trapper Gus
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Take the A Train, Michigan? - Page 2 Empty Re: Take the A Train, Michigan?

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-31, 13:39

Motown Spartan wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote: is it basically a moped?

does it have pedals? I thought I remember mopeds having pedals.

(also, I'm old and I don't know anything).

There are several classifications. Some are pedal assisted where you have to be pedaling to get electric assistance and some are capable of no assist, pedal assist, and no pedal. But to be an e-bike, they must have pedals.
that's helpful. Thanks.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-31, 16:52

Went on a quick ride earlier..east on Burcham, around Lake Lansing and back.

By the middle school hill, saw a guy going the other direction, uphill.. not pedaling.

I figure it was an e-bike.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Trapper Gus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2023-05-31, 18:43

Robert J Sakimano wrote:Went on a quick ride earlier..east on Burcham, around Lake Lansing and back.

By the middle school hill, saw a guy going the other direction, uphill.. not pedaling.

You can usually tell from the oversized hub on the back wheel, a battery pack is also a giveaway, although they sometimes get concealed pretty well, like the one in the Tour de France where the battery was in one of the tubes.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Robert J Sakimano likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-05-31, 19:19

Jake from State Farm wrote:
Robert J Sakimano wrote:Went on a quick ride earlier..east on Burcham, around Lake Lansing and back.

You can usually tell from the oversized hub on the back wheel, a battery pack is also a giveaway, although they sometimes get concealed pretty well, like the one in the Tour de France where the battery was in one of the tubes.
Take the A Train, Michigan? - Page 2 502811600 - I remember that.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-05, 12:01

was out for a ride this morning and passed a gray haired lady who appeared to be riding an e-bike.

I figured she was at around 17-18 mph and was not pushing any gear big enough to get her to that speed on a flat.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan 2023-06-05, 12:34

Couple things about e-bikes:

First and foremost, they get people out moving and riding and that's a good thing. As I mentioned before, we are going to get one for my daughter for transportation, so there is that too. I was talking with a friend of mine last night that is a hard core mountain biker, like, she is the real deal and could probably get sponsored and make a living as a pro mountain biker. She just got one for training to "session" sections of trails that are typically one and done, meaning, once you ride them, you're done for the day. But, with an e-bike, she can rider them several times and learn the best way to ride that part of the trail, and that is something I had never considered before.

Anyway, my daughter took first place in her age group in a bike race this weekend, just thought I'd add that in. (I took sixth in my age group).
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson and Trapper Gus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2023-06-05, 15:53

Motown Spartan wrote:Couple things about e-bikes:

First and foremost, they get people out moving and riding and that's a good thing.  As I mentioned before, we are going to get one for my daughter for transportation, so there is that too. I was talking with a friend of mine last night that is a hard core mountain biker, like, she is the real deal and could probably get sponsored and make a living as a pro mountain biker. She just got one for training to "session" sections of trails that are typically one and done, meaning, once you ride them, you're done for the day. But, with an e-bike, she can rider them several times and learn the best way to ride that part of the trail, and that is something I had never considered before.  

Anyway, my daughter took first place in her age group in a bike race this weekend, just thought I'd add that in.  (I took sixth in my age group).
that's awesome, dude. Congrats to her - I took three naps on Saturday. Take the A Train, Michigan? - Page 2 3493939353 Take the A Train, Michigan? - Page 2 502811600

and, yeah - whatever on the e-bike things. I'd just never heard of them until recently (I'm not real hip).. and I generally don't talk to a lot of people.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2