Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Could be another special year

+11
InTenSity
tTito
Jake from State Farm
Turtleneck
I.B. Fine
Robert J Sakimano
Herbie Green
tGreenWay
Rodeo Burger
Dr. Leo Spaceman
SawGreen
15 posters

Go down

Could be another special year Empty Could be another special year

Post by SawGreen 2014-08-13, 23:24

Hondo interviewed CCook.  He's pretty fired up about the offense.  I'm a little above cautiously optimistic.  The formerly maligned receiving corp may be formidable.  And, I love the comments on our fullback, Pendleton.

(click through the donate plea) 

http://spartannation.com/2014/08/13/michigan-state-qb-connor-cook-talks-about-several-of-his-offensive-teammates-the-progress-of-the-offense-and-more/
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Could be another special year Empty Re: Could be another special year

Post by Dr. Leo Spaceman 2014-08-13, 23:33

So many typos.
Dr. Leo Spaceman
Dr. Leo Spaceman
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-14, 01:46

Dr. Leo Spaceman wrote:So many typos.

I can live with it. He's been getting an interview with someone new every day.

The stuff tRCMB posted today were quotes by Narduzzi from Monday. Mlive's Griffith had the story posted Monday night, Hondo and Rexrode posted it yesterday.

Reading his board, quite a few current and former players went to see his son's 4th or 5th grade practice (and posted about it). Several parents of current players post on there as well. There are topics and questions that get ignored, but you can read between the lines.

I'll enjoy the access despite the typos.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2014-08-14, 03:29

Hondo writes like a 12-year-old fanboy. His work is unreadable.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-14, 04:13

tGreenWay wrote:Hondo writes like a 12-year-old fanboy.  His work is unreadable.

It does blow my mind that no one edits his articles.

But what fan boy calls out specific players during spring or summer ball (prior) to camp for not working on their game.

The Neck Beard at 247 said he had a bachelor party on Saturday, and apparently had a 4 day hangover before he reported old news.

tRCMB hates Hondo, I get that. I just have no idea what he did to the Marching Band that makes everyone so mad. So many people have adopted the schtick, unless there are just a lot more maladjusted band nerds than I ever imagined.

Poor writing and editing? Yes. Fanboy? No.

I for one don't think that alliteration makes 247 writers any good (especially when reporting days late, when they obviously weren't even there). Or the stupid "Linking Laconically" shit from TOC.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-08-14, 10:26

Wasn't Hondo leading a charge last season for TOC as the best qb that was being shafted?
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-14, 10:30

Rodeo Burger wrote:

It does blow my mind that  no one edits his articles.

But what fan boy calls out specific players during spring or summer ball (prior) to camp for not working on their game.  

The Neck Beard at 247 said he had a bachelor party on Saturday, and apparently had a 4 day hangover before he reported old news.

tRCMB hates Hondo, I get that.  I just have no idea what he did to the Marching Band that makes everyone so mad.  So many people have adopted the schtick, unless there are just a lot more maladjusted band nerds than I ever imagined.

Poor writing and editing?  Yes.  Fanboy?  No.

I for one don't think that alliteration makes 247 writers any good (especially when reporting days late, when they obviously weren't even there).  Or the stupid "Linking Laconically" shit from TOC.
they were about 10th grade level writings, at best - I always enjoyed how random people would break stories on tRCMB - only for the crack staff there to post exact same story 4-5 hours later..  Could be another special year 502811600 

and do they get paid to do that?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-08-14, 10:54

Thank you for posting this, as opposed to more of this Could be another special year 1853518006 
It's nice to see some good info about MSU on this board. I can only hope it becomes more common as the season commences.
I think the offense could very well be the team strength this year, and if our defense is just an 'Average' Dantonio/Narduzzi defense, we'll all be having a lot of fun.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-14, 10:55

Article headline...

Michigan State QB Connor Cook Talks About Several of his offensive teammates, the progress of the offense & More!

What are his teammates doing to be offensive? Telling racial jokes?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-08-14, 10:58

Turtleneck wrote:Article headline...

What are his teammates doing to be offensive? Telling racial jokes?
maybe they showed up wearing the official uniform of tRCMB - jorts and Crocs..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2014-08-14, 11:04

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
maybe they showed up wearing the official uniform of tRCMB - jorts and Crocs..

With their jerseys tucked in and braided belts?
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-14, 11:05

I.B. Fine wrote:Thank you for posting this, as opposed to more of this Could be another special year 1853518006 
It's nice to see some good info about MSU on this board. I can only hope it becomes more common as the season commences.
I think the offense could very well be the team strength this year, and if our defense is just an 'Average' Dantonio/Narduzzi defense, we'll all be having a lot of fun.

Narduzzi said the defense isn't where he wants it to be when Fred Huemann asked him, he also said the same thing about last years defense.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-14, 11:07

Jake from State Farm wrote:

Narduzzi said the defense isn't where he wants it to be when Fred Huemann asked him, he also said the same thing about last years defense.

No complacency in that dude's DNA.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-14, 11:09

Jake from State Farm wrote:

I read the quote as: Last years D was never up to the standards he wants it to be. 

Unless last year, at the same time, he said the D wasn't where it needed to be. 

Its interesting that the Offensive coordinators and even Coach D are singing praises about the O, but the D isn't getting hte same love. Although LT and MM have been mentioned quite a bit.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-08-14, 11:12

tTito wrote:

No complacency in that dude's DNA.

And he (along with Dantonio) seems to have figured out how to make that trait contagious to the team.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-14, 11:15

InTenSity wrote:
I read the quote as: Last years D was never up to the standards he wants it to be. 

Its interesting that the Offensive coordinators and even Coach D are singing praises about the O, but the D isn't getting hte same love. Although LT and MM have been mentioned quite a bit.

The offense needs confidence to execute. The defense needs to stay hungry and nasty.

Regards,

Sports Psychology
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-08-14, 12:03

I'm going to bump this in a futile attempt to keep something relevant to MSU/sports at the top of the board.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-08-14, 12:45

I.B. Fine wrote:I'm going to bump this in a futile attempt to keep something relevant to MSU/sports at the top of the board.

Hopefully that won't be necessary in a week or two.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoops21 2014-08-14, 12:49

Our offense has never started strong but always improved and saved us in games later on. My question is on the defense can we reload? A poster compared this year to when we lost jones and other defensive starters and how this year compares exactly to what happened that following year and our defense was top notch.

Sorry I forgot the years and what players left and were being replaced.
Stoops21
Stoops21
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-08-14, 13:18

I expect the defense to essentially re-load. Will the DB's be up to last year, or LB be equal to last year? Last year was exceptional, if we are close I believe we'll be fine.
On the other hand, our offense has started slowly the last few years, I don't expect that to be the case this year, Cook & company should take off like a rocket. I expect us to control the clock on O, so the D doesn't need to be super human like they had to be at times last year.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-08-14, 13:59

InTenSity wrote:

On the BTN the other day, he said that the defense can't improve on much from last year and needs to "maintain". I thought that was odd in light of other quotes this week where he said the defense needs to get better from last year (or something to that effect).

On D, my only concern is losing the intangibles that Max and Denicos brought. Max's brain, and Denicos' knack for making a play or whatever you want to call it. As much as those were intangibles for them playing, it's intangible as to what effect, if any, that will have on the defense. However, I think the D is as good or better in talent and athleticism.

Our offense should be better than last year, as long as the OL doesn't have a 2012-esque injury bug. We lost three guys from the line, but it's not like they were other-worldly offensive line talent. I think we'll be ok there.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-14, 14:10

I.B. Fine wrote:I expect the defense to essentially re-load. Will the DB's be up to last year, or LB be equal to last year? Last year was exceptional, if we are close I believe we'll be fine.
On the other hand, our offense has started slowly the last few years, I don't expect that to be the case this year, Cook & company should take off like a rocket. I expect us to control the clock on O, so the D doesn't need to be super human like they had to be at times last year.

Our defensive line is shaping up to be the shit.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-08-14, 14:17

tTito wrote:

Our defensive line is shaping up to be the shit.

The strength of the defense is the way they play as a team. Narduzzi has sold them on sticking to their responsibilities, don't freelance and rarely get burned, that's why I'm not to worried about the D, but Calhoun and Co. will be fun to watch, 'cause I think they are going to be hungry, alot.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-14, 14:46

Does anyone know if Hondo still wears pink polo shirts all the time?
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-08-14, 14:47

I.B. Fine wrote:I'm going to bump this in a futile attempt to keep something relevant to MSU/sports at the top of the board.

How about some 'croootin news, with a side of obsession?

Four teams that will climb the charts:
Alabama, Clemson, Texas A&M and Penn State are sitting on top of the class rankings, but there will be others that make strong pushes as we get closer to signing day. Here are four teams that will climb in the RecruitingNation class rankings:

Michigan State could go on a magical run this season. If that happens, it's going to be hard to stop the Spartans on the recruiting trail. Even if it doesn't go all the way, Michigan State has a lot of recruiting momentum, which should carry over to a strong run up the rankings throughout the season.

Four teams that will disappoint:
Every year, there are lofty expectations for some teams on the recruiting trail that never materialize. In-state targets go elsewhere; recruits decommit; or things just don't work out. Here are four teams that will disappoint in the race to February:

Michigan: This isn't going to be a huge class from a numbers standpoint, which will likely hurt the Wolverines' overall quality, but Michigan fans are going to have to scroll quite a ways up the class rankings to find rival Ohio State. The Buckeyes continue to recruit on a whole different level from Michigan, and if the Wolverines struggle on the field this season, that gap could grow even wider. With big things happening across the state in East Lansing, this could be a long six months for Wolverines fans.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/11348638/recruiting-4x4-alabama-crimson-tide-class-teams-tumble-rise-headline-recruits
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2014-08-14, 16:07

I.B. Fine wrote:

The strength of the defense is the way they play as a team. Narduzzi has sold them on sticking to their responsibilities, don't freelance and rarely get burned, that's why I'm not to worried about the D, but Calhoun and Co. will be fun to watch, 'cause I think they are going to be hungry, alot.

I liked Calhoun's quote about going AWOL on 3rd down. At first I thought "WTF, we don't want the defense going AWOL?". But then he explained what he meant: Animals without a leash.

RIP to da QBs.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-14, 16:14

I liked Calhoun's quote about going AWOL on 3rd down. At first I thought "WTF, we don't want the defense going AWOL?". But then he explained what he meant: Animals without a leash.

RIP to da QBs

Starting with Manny, the whole team philosophy has to be something along the lines of finish stronger than you started. I think we dominated 4th quarters last year, and just wore other teams out during the game. If the D is playing contained on the first 2 downs and then goes for broke on 3rd downs, it would follow that philosophy.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-08-14, 18:29

Bump for Toto.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-14, 18:41

InTenSity wrote:Bump for Toto.

This is not a sports message bored go away (typos intentional ooooooops international, oooooops internal.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-08-14, 18:46

Rodeo Burger wrote:

I can live with it.  He's been getting an interview with someone new every day.

That's what happens when you work your way up through the ranks and prove you can suck off the entire athletic department for a decade.

That man has earned it.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTito 2014-08-14, 18:49

InTenSity wrote:

Starting with Manny, the whole team philosophy has to be something along the lines of finish stronger than you started. I think we dominated 4th quarters last year, and just wore other teams out during the game. If the D is playing contained on the first 2 downs and then goes for broke on 3rd downs, it would follow that philosophy.

Wait till this year Brah.
tTito
tTito
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by duffy munn 2014-08-14, 23:36

tGreenWay wrote:Hondo writes like a 12-year-old fanboy.  His work is unreadable.

Blanch heavy.
duffy munn
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down