Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base

+22
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
75alum
kingstonlake
SawGreen
Other Teams Pursuing That
Herbie Green
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
Mentalstate
Blanch32
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
Rocinante
ROtown Sparty
Heat Miser
DWags
InTenSity
Ass Dan
Robert J Sakimano
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base Empty Re: The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-24, 09:39

hmm.. I never noticed.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base Empty Re: The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base

Post by Ass Dan 2014-09-24, 09:42

Do you think Travis Jackson will develop into an nfl caliber guard? I used to think so but i Don't really know anymore
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-24, 09:43

I don't know if you read Reddit, but in the CFB subreddit there were 7 threads on um football. MSU fans are going to talk about their biggest rival, especially when it looks like they are spiraling out of control. MSU isn't the only one talking about them either, it is national shit. This is the arrogant asshole at work who was never wrong getting humbled in a very public way and it is fun to watch.

I guess I would get embarrassed if there was an ESPN story about how pathetic it is that MSU fans are talking about um's struggles, but I doubt we'll see that story.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-09-24, 09:46

If Alabama was getting shit on week in and week out, they'd have a pretty wide variety of threads on the auburn board about it
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-24, 09:50

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that this thread becomes bigger than my thread on Wyoming.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-09-24, 09:51

You guys that are "embarrassed" by threads on message boards have way bigger issues than you think.

Jesus ****ing christ. Nobody knows who the fuck you are. Are you walking into the ****ing grocers with your head down because there are 8 threads on some message board about the ****ing incompetence going on in Ann Arbor? WTF is wrong with you? It's a message board, read them or don't. But if they're somehow defining you, or you think defining Dantonio or Izzo, or your ****ing diploma, you need to kindly take your head from your ass and realize this is all entertainment. Time wasting entertainment.

i worry about some of you
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-24, 10:00

DWags wrote:You guys that are "embarrassed" by threads on message boards have way bigger issues than you think.

Jesus ****ing christ. Nobody knows who the fuck you are. Are you walking into the ****ing grocers with your head down because there are 8 threads on some message board about the ****ing incompetence going on in Ann Arbor? WTF is wrong with you? It's a message board, read them or don't. But if they're somehow defining you, or you think defining Dantonio or Izzo, or your ****ing diploma, you need to kindly take your head from your ass and realize this is all entertainment. Time wasting entertainment.

This.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by ROtown Sparty 2014-09-24, 10:03

So yesterday I get in my car later and fire up some sports talk radio, all Michigan. I change to the other channel, still Michigan. Get to work and open up my internet browser and head over to RCMB, 90% Michigan threads, most of them locked.

It's healthy to want to trash talk your rival a little bit, but it's an obsession when that's basically all you can talk about. I for one am just sick of hearing about these guys. They haven't even been relevant in like 10 years.
ROtown Sparty
ROtown Sparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-24, 10:04

And yet here's one more.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-24, 10:05

gHost Spartan wrote:Seriously, we look like a bunch of pussies over there. Yeah, I get, as some old timers have noted, that it's about time we get a chance to laugh at Michigan, that they treated us badly for years, etc., but come on, it's seriously out of fuc king control over there. Boners posting UM this, UM that, all fu cking day long. Meanwhile, the forum is almost devoid of any MSU football. Dantonio was on the front page of ESPN yesterday because he said in his presser that he thinks only conference champs should get to play in the playoff. Not one thread. It's fu cking disgusting. Okay, I get that talking Wyoming isn't a big deal, but we have Nebraska, then at both of the Indiana schools in consecutive weeks, then the meat of our schedule. Let's talk MSU for God's sakes.

I don't look like a pussy "over there". Speak for yourself.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-09-24, 10:05

DWags wrote:You guys that are "embarrassed" by threads on message boards have way bigger issues than you think.

If it was anything but a message board I would worry about some of them, but it's not, so I don't.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-09-24, 10:15

gHost Spartan wrote:

Call me crazy, but I'd rather read some "insight" on the playoffs, the B1G and Heisman races, look at some potentially "surprise" teams, i.e. ASU, Miss State, and look more at college football as a whole. Sure, the Michigan stuff is funny, but it's just getting over the top. A lot of fans from other schools read the RCMB, and purportedly so does the A.D., so the focus on Michigan is, frankly, embarrassing. Does anyone think about the "pride comes before the fall" that Dantonio said post 2007 loss to UM?

None of us are involved in that circle jerk, so really, why should we care?
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-09-24, 10:18

gHost Spartan wrote:

Call me crazy, but I'd rather read some "insight" on the playoffs, the B1G and Heisman races, look at some potentially "surprise" teams, i.e. ASU, Miss State, and look more at college football as a whole. Sure, the Michigan stuff is funny, but it's just getting over the top. A lot of fans from other schools read the RCMB, and purportedly so does the A.D., so the focus on Michigan is, frankly, embarrassing. Does anyone think about the "pride comes before the fall" that Dantonio said post 2007 loss to UM?
I missed out players making fun of um to the press. Oh wait Cook sort of did, and then he lost his spot on the leadership council and as a captain.
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags 2014-09-24, 10:28

gHost Spartan wrote:

Oh, wow, I just thought of that. I'm absolutely ashamed of my self. Embarrassed I went to MSU, and humiliated by the degrees I got from the school. Damn you Ghost, damn you.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-24, 10:29

you guys should really take sports and message boards more seriously.... I mean, look at the impact it's had on my life...
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base Empty scum sucks and I love it!!

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-09-24, 10:31

After years of abuse and those arrogant buttholes' hands, it feels great to be getting revenge!!
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-09-24, 10:44

Cool.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno 2014-09-24, 10:49

gHost Spartan wrote:

Seems like your thoughts on this would be more appropriate if posted on tRCMB.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2014-09-24, 16:28

Ghost is just pissed his uofm thread didn't go btp
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate 2014-09-24, 16:45

The problem is, every time we start to get over posting about um, they do something new that we never, ever thought we'd see...ala Hoke Light promogate. It is truly amazing to watch.

And that said, it's not like anyone here has registered and is posting on mgoblow, right OP?
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-24, 16:54

Think back to the days of Bo Schembechler when we were told every one affiliated with that school shat a brick of gold.

This is KARMA. The day App State beat them was the day the fun began.

Time to stop being self loathing Spartans and just enjoy life.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2014-09-24, 17:39

Screw that, I hope this trend continues. Why? Because if there are tons of posts about UM and fewer posts about MSU it means that things are going pretty damn good for us. Success makes for boring internet conversation. Trainwrecks make for great internet conversation.

We just won 73-14 and gave up only 1 yard of total offense in the whole first half. Not a lot of internet discussion to be had about that other than saying we are awesome and then having everyone agree.

Meanwhile, UM is compounding their trainwreck on the field, with a trainwreck off the field. Much to talk about, much to laugh at.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-24, 19:02

MiamiSpartan wrote:Screw that, I hope this trend continues. Why? Because if there are tons of posts about UM and fewer posts about MSU it means that things are going pretty damn good for us. Success makes for boring internet conversation. Trainwrecks make for great internet conversation.

We just won 73-14 and gave up only 1 yard of total offense in the whole first half. Not a lot of internet discussion to be had about that other than saying we are awesome and then having everyone agree.

Meanwhile, UM is compounding their trainwreck on the field, with a trainwreck off the field. Much to talk about, much to laugh at.

Spartans are walking the streets.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-09-24, 19:19

I agree with Ghost. I do find much entertainment value in UM's struggles don't get me wrong. But I do find it embarrassing. Not like it really affects my life or anything but I always thought MSU meant so much more. But for a large portion of our fanbase it will always be about UM.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-09-24, 19:22

This, this, and this. Couldn't have said it any better. WHO GAF
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen 2014-09-24, 21:07

If people do read MSU message boards, and a majority of the conversation is about MSU's rival, I think that is the epitome of being "so in their heads" (especially when MSU is having success).

I get where you are coming from gHost.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-09-24, 22:15

SawGreen wrote: (especially when MSU is having success).

This is what really kicked it in for me. It is as if we actually really want UM to come back and lock us in the basement to slap around. Joe Falls, SCUM, Brady Joke, FAb 5 wiping their ass on the floor, look some Mgoblog fan said this. That is what we live for. Assume the position.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-24, 22:40

SawGreen wrote:If people do read MSU message boards, and a majority of the conversation is about MSU's rival, I think that is the epitome of being "so in their heads" (especially when MSU is having success).

I get where you are coming from gHost.

Where do you get "majority"? 6 or 7 threads out of the first 50 on a heavy news day? You're reaching...and coming up way short.

Herbie Green wrote:
SawGreen wrote: (especially when MSU is having success).

This is what really kicked it in for me. It is as if we actually really want UM to come back and lock us in the basement to slap around. Joe Falls, SCUM, Brady Joke, FAb 5 wiping their ass on the floor, look some Mgoblog fan said this. That is what we live for. Assume the position.

That's quite a stretch. Laughing at SCum means wanting them to beat us? Yeah...uh...that's ****ing ridiculous.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-09-25, 00:22

Dude, we just won the Rose Bowl and UM is a dumpster fire but nothing has changed. In the next five years MSU could go 50-0 and UM 0-50 and the top thread would be "a Walmart Wolverine in Ishpeming just said he thought UM would be good at football next year"
We are addicted to it. It is our lot in life. We need Michigan to rise up and dominate and lock us in the basement like a little bitch it can slap around whenever it wants. Then we can cry foul. boo hoo scum blah blah blah
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-25, 00:50

Herbie Green wrote:Dude, we just won the Rose Bowl and UM is a dumpster fire but nothing has changed. In the next five years MSU could go 50-0 and UM 0-50 and the top thread would be "a Walmart Wolverine in Ishpeming just said he thought UM would be good at football next year"
We are addicted to it. It is our lot in life. We need Michigan to rise up and dominate and lock us in the basement like a little bitch it can slap around whenever it wants. Then we can cry foul. boo hoo scum blah blah blah

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base 1494614055 Weak troll.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2014-09-25, 01:04

Heat Miser wrote:

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base 1494614055 Weak troll.

Really? I thought it was pretty good. I included swear words and sex and everything.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by kingstonlake 2014-09-25, 01:08

I'd much rather read 24 threads on scUM failings than one on butthole cramps.
kingstonlake
kingstonlake
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Extended Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-25, 07:21

steveschneider wrote:Think back to the days of Bo Schembechler when we were told every one affiliated with that school shat a brick of gold.

This is KARMA. The day App State beat them was the day the fun began.

Time to stop being self loathing Spartans and just enjoy life.
the greatest win in the history of MSU football.. The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base 3493939353
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser 2014-09-25, 09:55

kingstonlake wrote:I'd much rather read 24 threads on scUM failings than one on butthole cramps.

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base 1486952199
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum 2014-09-25, 11:01

I can't help myself. It's some of the most entertaining shiite available. It's like taking a cat, putting it into a pillow case and then a swivel chair, spinning the chair several times and letting the cat out. The fooking cat has better direction and stability than the team, the staff or the fans. It's like watching a dickwad slip and fall on ice. You gotta' laugh and the dick wad factor makes it that much funnier. Jesus, Larry David could cash in on the characters. The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base 4198636888
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2014-09-25, 12:23

I remember my walvie neighbor crying in his back yard like it was just yesterday.

The Miracle at Michigan: 20 years later
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-25, 12:45

Floyd Robertson wrote:I remember my walvie neighbor crying in his back yard like it was just yesterday.

The Miracle at Michigan: 20 years later

If you are a grown man crying after a college football game that's embarrassing.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-09-25, 12:49

steveschneider wrote:

If you are a grown man crying after a college football game that's embarrassing.

I know many Spartans that cried after the loss to Wisky at the B1G title game....The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base 2267303065
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2014-09-25, 12:51

steveschneider wrote:

I think it's time you evaluate your priorities.. not only do I cry after a college football game, I cry before it and during it. It's usually accompanied by various episodes of chill-inducing emotions.. mostly caused by the marching band, the stroll by the Red Cedar and seeing the Saturday warriors walk into the football stadium.

what the hell is wrong with you?
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-09-25, 13:39

Robert J Sakimano wrote:
I think it's time you evaluate your priorities.. not only do I cry after a college football game, I cry before it and during it. It's usually accompanied by various episodes of chill-inducing emotions.. mostly caused by the marching band, the stroll by the Red Cedar and seeing the Saturday warriors walk into the football stadium.

what the hell is wrong with you?

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base Crying%20Buckeye.11

Embarrassing
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next