Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base

+22
The_Dude
Floyd Robertson
75alum
kingstonlake
SawGreen
Other Teams Pursuing That
Herbie Green
MiamiSpartan
steveschneider
Mentalstate
Blanch32
Travis of the Cosmos
LoneWolfSparty
Jake from State Farm
NigelUno
Rocinante
ROtown Sparty
Heat Miser
DWags
InTenSity
Ass Dan
Robert J Sakimano
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base - Page 2 Empty Re: The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base

Post by Heat Miser Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 14:39

steveschneider wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:I remember my walvie neighbor crying in his back yard like it was just yesterday.

The Miracle at Michigan: 20 years later

If you are a grown man crying after a college football game that's embarrassing.

Closest I ever came was The Monsoon.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base - Page 2 Empty Re: The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base

Post by The_Dude Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:03

Heat Miser wrote:

Losing to Butler in the Final Four and losing to Wisky in Indy in 2011 were the two most gut wrenching for me. ND in the rain in 2006...I was there. It was more frustration than heart wrenching.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:06

I have never cried, but I've been a bad person to talk to for the rest of the day a few times. Used to grab the rake and do yard work for the rest of the weekend to cool down. JLS and Bobby days were tough.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by DWags Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:12

steveschneider wrote:

If you are a grown man crying after a college football game that's embarrassing.

I don't know, I think that there were a lot of Spartans that I saw crying after the OSU victory in Indy last year. It was pretty surreal. Many ex football players. You watch Dantonio and he was pretty emotional too. I just think that after suffering the program for years and years, that game was just this big emotional "wow, we really did this.". I'm not kidding when I say I saw a lot of people crying. Maybe I was too.
DWags
DWags
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:13

Heat Miser wrote:

you cry at Bollywood movies? Rolling Eyes
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:23

I at least had watery eyes at OSU game.

The losses just get me pissed or depressed. My wife said she nervously checks the score when I am at the game because it will determine the rest of the weekend.
I think the Saban years were the worst. I would wake up in the middle of the night reliving the horrors of some of those games.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:25

Herbie Green wrote:I at least had watery eyes at OSU game.

The losses just get me pissed or depressed. My wife said she nervously checks the score when I am at the game because it will determine the rest of the weekend.
I think the Saban years were the worst. I would wake up in the middle of the night reliving the horrors of some of those games.
my wife says the same thing about me. It's the one aspect of our marriage that really cements the relationship and we're very thankful for it.
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:27

DWags wrote:

I don't know, I think that there were a lot of Spartans that I saw crying after the OSU victory in Indy last year. It was pretty surreal. Many ex football players. You watch Dantonio and he was pretty emotional too. I just think that after suffering the program for years and years, that game was just this big emotional "wow, we really did this.". I'm not kidding when I say I saw a lot of people crying. Maybe I was too.

I can respect that.

I'm just saying after a loss I've never come close to crying.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:31

Which makes one look more like a pussy -

a) Threads on tRCMB about Michigan
b) Threads here about things on tRCMB

I'll have to take y'all word for it since I'm only trolling around there every couple of weeks.
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:31

Robert J Sakimano wrote:my wife says the same thing about me. It's the one aspect of our marriage that really cements the relationship and we're very thankful for it.

I think the DVR saved our marriage
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:34

Herbie Green wrote:

I think the DVR saved our marriage
sounds like you and I both owe a lot of MSU athletics.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 15:52

Wally Fairway wrote:Which makes one look more like a pussy -

a) Threads on tRCMB about Michigan
b) Threads here about things on tRCMB

I'll have to take y'all word for it since I'm only trolling around there every couple of weeks.

c). threads or posts complaining about either of the other two.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 16:24

I have never gotten very upset over MSU losses. I might be irritated during the game, and I might be disgusted after the game for about 15 minutes, but then I tell myself to get over it.

I do that by going to tRCMB, or coming on here to see just how upset other people get and then I tell myself how much better I am than everyone else on these boards because I have such AWESOME self control. Then I pat myself on the back and quietly lurk while smugly passing judgment on those lesser beings who are acting out.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 17:29

I cried after Ohio state. Fuck you guys.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 21:13

I have taken enough abuse and more having grown up near Lansing going back to the 60's. I hate scUM to my core. But, I still find the obsession, or at least the perception of it as sort of pathetic. Why not simply have a single "tOfficial scUM Obsession Thread" and keep a running dialogue there. Over time it could be pretty entertaining.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Mentalstate Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 21:16

I never have cried, I have way, way more self control than that. I have, however, killed many people with authority in the wake of bad losses, but hey, we all have our quirks.
Mentalstate
Mentalstate
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 21:20

SawGreen wrote:I have taken enough abuse and more having grown up near Lansing going back to the 60's. I hate scUM to my core. But, I still find the obsession, or at least the perception of it as sort of pathetic. Why not simply have a single "tOfficial scUM Obsession Thread" and keep a running dialogue there. Over time it could be pretty entertaining.

Because it's stupid. Just like the obsession with appearing not to be obsessed is stupid. They're our rival. We like to point and laugh. So what? Where's the threat?

We don't censor here. If the topics are legitimately distinct, then they won't be merged.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 21:27

Heat Miser wrote:

Because it's stupid. Just like the obsession with appearing not to be obsessed is stupid. They're our rival. We like to point and laugh. So what? Where's the threat?

We don't censor here. If the topics are legitimately distinct, then they won't be merged.

ghost wasn't talking about this board.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 21:33

Heat Miser wrote:

I don't think anyone has an issue with there being conversation about Michigan. I think the issue is that everyone seems to want to have their own look at me thread about it. "Michigan ticket promotion lol" "Michigan says there was a miscommunication" "Other things you can get for two cokes" "scum tickets or toilet napkins, which one you got?"

I mean, couldn't they have all been in one thread? I think in general the locked threads were those additional ancillary ones, while the main was left open for discussion as much as people wanted. Here we would merge those threads. There they don't have that ability, so they lock it to keep the discussion in one place for easier reading. I don't have an issue with that (well, not being able to merge is stupid. I don't have an issue with locking the small ones and keeping conversation in one place.)
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 21:35

SawGreen wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

ghost wasn't talking about this board.

If that's what people want to talk about then let them talk. So what. You want to force them to rehash 73-14 over & over?
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Heat Miser Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 21:38

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Heat Miser wrote:

I don't think anyone has an issue with there being conversation about Michigan. I think the issue is that everyone seems to want to have their own look at me thread about it. "Michigan ticket promotion lol" "Michigan says there was a miscommunication" "Other things you can get for two cokes" "scum tickets or toilet napkins, which one you got?"

I mean, couldn't they have all been in one thread? I think in general the locked threads were those additional ancillary ones, while the main was left open for discussion as much as people wanted. Here we would merge those threads. There they don't have that ability, so they lock it to keep the discussion in one place for easier reading. I don't have an issue with that (well, not being able to merge is stupid. I don't have an issue with locking the small ones and keeping conversation in one place.)

That's why I said legitimately distinct. At tSwill, all things related to tix for Coke would be merged. But the idea of one giant all-encompassing SCum thread is dumb.
Heat Miser
Heat Miser
Ephor (Operations)
Ephor (Operations)

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 21:41

Heat Miser wrote:

That's why I said legitimately distinct. At tSwill, all things related to tix for Coke would be merged. But the idea of one giant all-encompassing SCum thread is dumb.
Oh yeah, that would never work.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 22:18

Been fun. Nice effort.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by NigelUno Thu 25 Sep 2014 - 22:34

You don't have to read all the threads.  It's simple.  You just don't read them.  Don't read them.  Don't.  Read.  Them.
NigelUno
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 0:29

NigelUno wrote:

You don't have to read all the threads.  It's simple.  You just don't read them.  Don't read them.  Don't.  Read.  Them.
You're a real dumb fuck Nigel.

The problem with you're really short sighted post is that in my detailed post I imply that people WANT to read all of the threads. But when dumb fucks like you decide that their post deserves it's own thread, that now requires clicking on thirty actively updating posts because no one knows where they are supposed to post. Since they can't merge, they lock, leaving one open for the open discussion. Does that answer you're stupid, shortsighted posting style?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cain Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 0:32

This is embarrassing. The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base - Page 2 502811600
Bill Cain
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano Fri 26 Sep 2014 - 9:00

NigelUno wrote:

Agree with this 100% - and, for the record, you may now ignore Bob..
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by 75alum Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 16:08

The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base - Page 2 3965261927 The Michigan Obsession / Threads on the RCMB is embarrassing our fan base - Page 2 1550444538
75alum
75alum
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe Tue 30 Sep 2014 - 16:14

You're a real dumb fuck Nigel.

bump....
Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2