Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

+30
FatFingers
Motown Spartan
Stoops21
Wally Fairway
CheesySpartan
pulling69
I.B. Fine
The Pantry
Martin Spartan
WhiteBoyHatcher
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
Watch Out Pylon!
Nordic
DWags
tGreenWay
TheReal_LWS
The_Dude
steveschneider
tTito
LoneWolfSparty
Frank Ricard
Blanch32
Rocinante
Turtleneck
Robert J Sakimano
Jake from State Farm
75alum
Floyd Robertson
tTy
34 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 5 Empty Re: Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

Post by steveschneider Tue 30 Jan 2018 - 7:50

tTy wrote:Just added..... silver is going to = cryptos here shortly. sayin.....

I’ve stated that I’m not a fan of cryptos but I’m more open to investing in precious metals. What’s your rationale as to why silver is about to go up? Do you buy actual silver or do you trade it on the market? If so what stock do you recommend. Thanks!
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 5 Empty Re: Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs?

Post by Rocinante Tue 30 Jan 2018 - 10:30

A sharp rise in Silver almost always indicates severe market instability. So hang on to your butts if Ty's right. It's coming eventually. You don't get this kind of long term bull without a big correction.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 22:57

steveschneider wrote:
tTy wrote:Just added..... silver is going to = cryptos here shortly.  sayin.....

I’ve stated that I’m not a fan of cryptos but I’m more open to investing in precious metals. What’s your rationale as to why silver is about to go up? Do you buy actual silver or do you trade it on the market? If so what stock do you recommend. Thanks!

I buy and hold actual physical silver.  And some gold.  I love gold.  I love the looks of it, the feel of it, etc.... but the extent to which silver has been manipulated in terms of price = I must own physical silver.

Here is some of my stack.

I only hold actual 3 ounces of gold.  I prefer gold over silver, but silver will go up in value faster than gold over the course of the remainder of my lifetime.  zero doubt.  Here is my stack so far.  It's not as big as it should be.Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 5 Img_2013
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 31 Jan 2018 - 23:08

Rocinante wrote:A sharp rise in Silver almost always indicates severe market instability. So hang on to your butts if Ty's right. It's coming eventually. You don't get this kind of long term bull without a big correction.

Roc, we are all in completely different waters than we have ever been. The stock market is proven to be a farse, completly driven by central banks manipulation.... It is propped up to the nth degree. I wouldn't buy an equity if it was given to me right now. The yield curve is almost inverted, we are so due for a crash I can't even tell you how scary this is. If I wasn't already into the crptos and precious metals, I'd be shitting my pants right now. I can't even imagine sitting at home hoping that my next "pension check" clears the bank cuz got nothing else. it's going to happen to millions....... There are millions of former public sector retirees sitting out there with nothing but hope sitting in their mailboxes. They are all fucked. it's coming. Buy precious metals. Buy bitcoin. Buy Litecoin. Buy etueruem. Buy veritaseum. I've been trying to tell you motherfuckers for years. Do it!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Motown Spartan Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 6:39

tTy wrote:
Rocinante wrote:A sharp rise in Silver almost always indicates severe market instability. So hang on to your butts if Ty's right. It's coming eventually. You don't get this kind of long term bull without a big correction.

Roc, we are all in completely different waters than we have ever been. The stock market is proven to be a farse, completly driven by central banks manipulation.... It is propped up to the nth degree. I wouldn't buy an equity if it was given to me right now. The yield curve is almost inverted, we are so due for a crash I can't even tell you how scary this is. If I wasn't already into the crptos and precious metals, I'd be shitting my pants right now. I can't even imagine sitting at home hoping that my next "pension check" clears the bank cuz got nothing else. it's going to happen to millions....... There are millions of former public sector retirees sitting out there with nothing but hope sitting in their mailboxes. They are all fucked. it's coming. Buy precious metals. Buy bitcoin. Buy Litecoin. Buy etueruem. Buy veritaseum. I've been trying to tell you motherfuckers for years. Do it!

This is all patently false except for the yield curve. It is possible for the yield curve to invert and not lead to a recession, but every recession has been preceded by an inverted yield curve.

That being said, average P/E of th S&P 500 indicates that prices are being propped up by earnings and nothing else. Not even Trump Love.
Motown Spartan
Motown Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 7:26

Motown Spartan wrote:
tTy wrote:

This is all patently false except for the yield curve. It is possible for the yield curve to invert and not lead to a recession, but every recession has been preceded by an inverted yield curve.

That being said, average P/E of th S&P 500 indicates that prices are being propped up by earnings and nothing else. Not even Trump Love.

Historically we are are due for a recession but the global economy is very strong right now. Also a lot of what is propping up the market is a lot of companies are buying back their own stock and as you stated corporate profits are strong. Will this expansion last for ever no, but I think this bull still has more room to run. I bet this year sees new record highs.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 1 Feb 2018 - 9:45

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 5 IStock_000012865477-d-h
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 22:02

Motown Spartan wrote:
tTy wrote:

Great call. Hi........ #Crashing. Inverting........
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 22:07

HELLLLLOOOO BONNNNNDDDD YIEEEELLLLDDDSSS!!!!!1111
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 22:08

tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 22:28

LooseGoose wrote:Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 5 IStock_000012865477-d-h

You have a nice booty.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 22:29

also, show me your stack motherfuckers..... This house is all coming down. I am going all in, my hand is on the table. I own as little equities as I can. I have this. What do you fucking smartt asses have? Lets see it cunts?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 22:31

tGreenWay wrote:
LooseGoose wrote:Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 5 IStock_000012865477-d-h

You have a nice booty.

Hillllaaaarrriiious...... You are fucked too, aren't you. You don't have shit.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Fri 2 Feb 2018 - 22:53

tTy wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

You have a nice booty.

That post was for Goose. But to answer your question as directly and honestly as I am able:
I don’t talk about my personal or business holdings on an internet sports message board, and I sure as hell don’t GAS what you think.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon 5 Feb 2018 - 20:24

#StawksStawksStawksStawks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Mon 5 Feb 2018 - 20:25

tGreenWay wrote:
tTy wrote:

That post was for Goose. But to answer your question as directly and honestly as I am able:
I don’t talk about my personal or business holdings on an internet sports message board, and I sure as hell don’t GAS what you think.

lol
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 12:19

tGreenWay wrote:

You have a nice booty.

That's just the little bit I've acquired using bulb proceeds, my main stash is buried in the back yard with 500#'s of beans and rice.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 7 Feb 2018 - 21:50

Just stacked 20 more ounces. Can't wait for this to take off, I'm finna retire so hard.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin Spartan Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 10:42

tTy wrote:Just stacked 20 more ounces. Can't wait for this to take off, I'm finna retire so hard.

tTy, thanks for the USLV recommendation a year ago. I have traded in and out of it 3 times now for good gains.
Martin Spartan
Martin Spartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 11:06

Ty, there's one major flaw in your strategy: If the market keeps chugging along, precious metals will drop in value. If the market completely tanks, their value is only based on an arbitrary agreement between a hypothetical buyer and seller. If you're talking about the shit really hitting the fan, a better plan would be to invest in a community that can come together and survive, not any form of currency. If you're only talking about instability, then bonds are a fine, long term investment, and way less complicated that precious metals. It's cool you have some silver bars, I just don't know how practical that is in a collapse scenario that you speak of.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by FatFingers Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 16:09

Threw in some screw off money in lite coin over the last couple of weeks

Should I sell the Litecoin cash when it forks ?
FatFingers
FatFingers
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 16:12

LTC above 200!
Other Teams Pursuing That
Other Teams Pursuing That
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 21:20

FatFingers wrote:Threw in some screw off money in lite coin over the last couple of weeks

Should I sell the Litecoin cash when it forks ?

My personal crypto philosophy = buy it, take it off the internet, and hold it.  I've only sold some LTC one time, and quickly bought back my entire position and a couple extra LTC's.  Other than that, I intend to buy and hold the cryptos that I view most likely to succeed.  I've bought BTC, ETH and LTC.  BTC has forked into Bitcoin Cash and Bitcoin Gold.  I still hold all of those even though I don't necessarily think (or know) that BTCash or BTGold are legit or have an actual future, but I'm not going to second guess myself.  I'm going to hold them, all of them....

EDIT: The only other coin I want to buy and hold at this point is Veritaseum, but the last time I looked up how to buy it, it was a fucking nightmare, so I balked and didn't buy any. I should probably look into that again. It's going to be big..... Like bigger than ETH prolly eventually is my guess. I wish Coinbase would pick it up, but even if they did, it would hit 1,000 in a week, and I'd miss out anyway. I should probably get off my fucking ass and figure it out and get it done.

That said, I just began researching Litecoin Cash and as far as I can tell in my limited research, it is a fucking scam.  Charlie Lee has posted as much on the Twitters, that it is not legit, he said "it is a scam".  I don't fucking know.

The very last thing you want to do is put any of your holdings at risk by putting your private key on the internet.  That is why I have taken all my shit offline, nobody has access to my private keys except for myself and my wife.  If you keep your shit online, YOU don't even have your private key.  The exchange that holds (hopefully they actually hold all the cryptos they say they do) your coins has the private key.  You can't get "hacked" if you take your shit offline.

Anyway, your question was whether or not to sell off your LTC Cash when it forks, I guess the answer is "Probably, as long as you know what the fuck you are doing and trust who your are transacting with AND do not put your genuine LTC coins at risk in the process."  I guess that is my final answer.  I am going to just let my LTC sit on my ledger nano S and if I actually happen to accrue Litecoin Cash and it turns out to be legit at 10:1, then win/win..... I'm not going to sweat Litecoin Cash.  My LTC holdings alone will be worth > 1,000 per coin soon.  I can't really ask for more than that.

Last edited by tTy on Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 21:24; edited 1 time in total
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 14 Feb 2018 - 21:21

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:LTC above 200!

You still mad, bro? Or are we good yet? What did you buy in at?
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by FatFingers Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 17:11

This shit is Greek to me .. total crypto newb here
To answer your question
It’s in Coinbase, which must be your code for “online”
Reading that you don’t get the forked off litecoin cash unless you have a wallet. That blows
Off to google how to create a wallet
What I can’t find out is if I create a wallet and do a transfer after the fork can you still claim the Litecoin Cash

FatFingers
FatFingers
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu 15 Feb 2018 - 19:57

FatFingers wrote:This shit is Greek to me .. total crypto newb here
To answer your question
It’s in Coinbase, which must be your code for “online”
Reading that you don’t get the forked off litecoin cash unless you have a wallet. That blows
Off to google how to create a wallet
What I can’t find out is if I create a wallet and do a transfer after the fork can you still claim the Litecoin Cash

Move your LTC to a paper wallet ASAP. Then you will be fine while you research this and learn about it. Must move your coins to a paper wallet prior to the fork just to be safe, so figure it out before the 18th.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 27 Feb 2018 - 21:36

Just added 60 moar ounces....

#KeepStackin
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 3:35

Haven't updated this thread lately, but lately I've been buying "junk" silver. 90% silver US coinage. Just added another 40oz of dimes. $60 face value, cost me $700 bucks. .29 cents over spot. Not bad.

I'm going to have to take an inventory soon. I've lost track of how many ounces I have now.

There is a LOT going on with the PM's lately, most notably is the decoupling of the usd/jpy vs gold/silver and now it seems to be pegged to usd/cny, which is kinda scary now. Like end-game stuff might be nigh. Or, the Chicoms are just testing it out or using it as a threat vs tariffs/trade war bullshit. I don't know. I do know that you should own a fuckload of physical silver and some gold if you can afford to. That is fucking fact.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzo Court Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 16:45

I put all my money into adamantium.
Izzo Court
Izzo Court
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 2 Aug 2018 - 17:20

Izzo Court wrote:I put all my money into adamantium.

I’m heavily invested in cereal box tops. They’ll be much easier to carry than gold or silver when I’m forced to go mobile.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Wed 12 Sep 2018 - 23:00

lol, should have bumped THIS silver thread....

FYI, buy some silver meow.
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 0:16

You bought $60 worth of dimes for $700? Am I reading that right (Aug. 2nd post)?
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 2:30

Tonight, I bought $60 worth of Bazooka Joe. The future is gum, my friends.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Wally Fairway Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 7:58

tTy - when do you think the manipulation in precious metals will taper off or go away, especially in silver?
Until then, aren't you just handing money to the manipulators?
Wally Fairway
Wally Fairway
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Thu 13 Sep 2018 - 8:07

Wally Fairway wrote:tTy - when do you think the manipulation in precious metals will taper off or go away, especially in silver?

You are gonna get yelled at so hard, you don't even know!
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 18 Sep 2018 - 2:09

Nordic wrote:You bought $60 worth of dimes for $700? Am I reading that right (Aug. 2nd post)?

I bought $60 face value of silver dimes for spot plus premium = $700.00.  Yes.

Since then, I've purchased another $100 face junk silver and 3 oz gold.

EDIT: Wife = pist

I also bought 5 live Maine Lobsters and a 3 rib standing rib roast for dinner this past weekend. She was happy..... I'd have been happy with ramen noodles, so, whateverinthefuck..... Don't care, fuck it, floor it. Gold, silver, cryptos. Get the fuck out of stocks and bonds and usd yall.

Last edited by tTy on Tue 18 Sep 2018 - 2:25; edited 1 time in total
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Tue 18 Sep 2018 - 2:15

Wally Fairway wrote:tTy - when do you think the manipulation in precious metals will taper off or go away, especially in silver?

The manipulation in the PM market will not taper off.  It will go away all at once, probably overnight, or over the course of a weekend.  The best case scenario is that there will be a failure to deliver physical metal via the COMEX caused by nothing other than demand for physical metal and inevitable shortage of supply (this will never happen).  The worst case scenario is global dedollarization/hyperinflation and/or war.  I think that it will take place at a time when our society gets very violent from within.  Not necessarily with other nations..... So, it will take place somewhere between these two possibilities (delivery failure and all out war).  I do not believe that this is imminent (if I have posted so before, then I retract those statements, I was wrong.), but it is inevitable.  If I am not doing this for myself, my kids will be eternally grateful when they inherit untraceable and untaxable wealth.

With regard to your question as to whether or not I am "just handing money to the manipulators", no, I am not. I am handing them fiat paper currency for money. Only gold and silver are money. If we were to peg the US Dollar to gold once again, gold would be worth $4900 per ounce and silver would be $622 per ounce, but I think this is way off. We have printed WAY more fiat than we have produced physical metal but I could be wrong. http://www.usdebtclock.org/gold-precious-metals.html

tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Tue 18 Sep 2018 - 8:57

tTy wrote:

http://www.usdebtclock.org/gold-precious-metals.html

Where did Germany get all of that gold...?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue 18 Sep 2018 - 9:38

tTy wrote:

EDIT: Wife = pist

I also bought 5 live Maine Lobsters and a 3 rib standing rib roast for dinner this past weekend. She was happy..... I'd have been happy with ramen noodles, so, whateverinthefuck..... Don't care, fuck it, floor it. Gold, silver, cryptos. Get the fuck out of stocks and bonds and usd yall.

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 5 502811600 respekt
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

tTy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by tTy Fri 9 Jul 2021 - 3:33

Took me two years to fill this with merc dimes and $100face of quarters.  Mostly mercs though.  Working on a second. This thing is heavy as fuck. I can't believe I keep it on a bookshelf in full display rather than in a safe, but it is too cool for school.

And, yes, I drank the Woodford on a vacation two years ago.

Any of you tools purchase silver or gold or other PMs? - Page 5 Woodford
tTy
tTy
Geronte
Geronte

Floyd Robertson, CORNER BLITZ and Jake from State Farm like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next