Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man

+19
Rocinante
Toe
Other Teams Pursuing That
CORNER BLITZ
Travis of the Cosmos
InTenSity
The_Dude
tTito
Cameron
HT
Jake from State Farm
MasonGuy
steveschneider
xsanguine
Snake Plissken
Cym Jim
Turtleneck
StylesGShmooth
LoneWolfSparty
23 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-22, 00:16

Rocinante wrote:

I don't know what you're referring to. I will say that stories develop over time and the 24 hour news cycle hasn't been good for anything since its inception.

I mentioned this on tCock... but I live directly in front of where the shootings occurred (it was at the corner of Myrtle and Tompkins, the apt building I work in is 866 Myrtle ave). Not, like, around the block or down the street, but right there. I don't even need a baseball to throw... I could toss a wadded up bag of clothes and hit the stain left on the ground.

So I didn't see anyone get shot or even the guy run off into the station... but I walked out of my apt to get a sandwich after working for a few hours and all I see is chaos. I walk across the street and see them giving the two cops on the ground CPR. There is a group standing around watching... most of which are yelling at the EMT's and cops, taunting them; "Dat's what ya'll niggas get! Ya'll deserve dat shit!" and similar stuff. All of them are residents of the Tompkins houses that dominate most of the housing around there.

CNN is going through that crowd asking people how they felt about the shooting. Person after person after person after person after person is saying...."We're glad... happy they got what they deserve..." etc etc. I stood outside watching all of this for probably a half an hour. They finally get to someone that says, apparently what they wanted to hear...."This ain't right.. no matter what happened with Eric Garner this isn't the way to handle it."

Guess which interview, and ONLY that interview made it on TV? Just her's. I watched CNN the rest of the day and out of anyone from that community, that's who they put on tv.

She made great points, fantastic points. She was dead on right... but my qualm? CNN purposely giving the false impression to the rest of the nation that the community is against the shootings or that they feel the shootings were unjustified. CNN wouldn't want the nation to get the real opinions of that community, would they? And why is that? I use to share my opinion on that but it's useless... everyone is going to believe whatever their chosen "authority" on current events is selling them.

As I've always maintained... what you see on TV, even on the news... is probably 10% of the reality. I've always heard of shit like that going down... you know, you watch some crazy fuck like Alex Jones going on and on about it.... but it's irritating to see.

Anyways, since yesterday I've kind of been jittery about the whole scenario... not just CNN's lying but the more like having seen two dead cops on the ground in their last moments and seeing a bunch of fucking ambition-lacking, poor-by-choice, welfare-demanding cunts taunting them.

I wasn't the only one, either;
NYPD Shooting Eyewitness: People 'Clapping and Laughing' After Killings
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 2 Empty Re: 2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-22, 00:44

xsanguine wrote:

I mentioned this on tCock... but I live directly in front of where the shootings occurred (it was at the corner of Myrtle and Tompkins, the apt building I work in is 866 Myrtle ave). Not, like, around the block or down the street, but right there. I don't even need a baseball to throw... I could toss a wadded up bag of clothes and hit the stain left on the ground.

So I didn't see anyone get shot or even the guy run off into the station... but I walked out of my apt to get a sandwich after working for a few hours and all I see is chaos. I walk across the street and see them giving the two cops on the ground CPR. There is a group standing around watching... most of which are yelling at the EMT's and cops, taunting them; "Dat's what ya'll niggas get! Ya'll deserve dat shit!" and similar stuff. All of them are residents of the Tompkins houses that dominate most of the housing around there.

CNN is going through that crowd asking people how they felt about the shooting. Person after person after person after person after person is saying...."We're glad... happy they got what they deserve..." etc etc. I stood outside watching all of this for probably a half an hour. They finally get to someone that says, apparently what they wanted to hear...."This ain't right.. no matter what happened with Eric Garner this isn't the way to handle it."

Guess which interview, and ONLY that interview made it on TV? Just her's. I watched CNN the rest of the day and out of anyone from that community, that's who they put on tv.

She made great points, fantastic points. She was dead on right... but my qualm? CNN purposely giving the false impression to the rest of the nation that the community is against the shootings or that they feel the shootings were unjustified. CNN wouldn't want the nation to get the real opinions of that community, would they? And why is that? I use to share my opinion on that but it's useless... everyone is going to believe whatever their chosen "authority" on current events is selling them.

As I've always maintained... what you see on TV, even on the news... is probably 10% of the reality. I've always heard of shit like that going down... you know, you watch some crazy fuck like Alex Jones going on and on about it.... but it's irritating to see.

Anyways, since yesterday I've kind of been jittery about the whole scenario... not just CNN's lying but the more like having seen two dead cops on the ground in their last moments and seeing a bunch of fucking ambition-lacking, poor-by-choice, welfare-demanding cunts taunting them.

Don't you think though that the fact that literally anyone would think that the death of two police officers is justified is pretty indicative that there is a really serious problem? People are that disenfranchised that some think this is okay (it isn't.) Not many people want to hate the police. But they see the repeated abuses of power and people are now suggesting that the death of police officers is anything but abhorrent (again, to be clear. It's abhorrent.) 

I don't know, it's a tough issue. A lot of the deaths at the hands of the police lately are completely unjustified. Obviously this isn't the answer. But it does speak to the unrest out there. Maybe the best overall survival tactic for the police (that's their main goal, right?) Is to stop killing people when they don't need to? Those two officers are likely alive today if none of those other situations happened which sparked some crazy to do something crazy.

That and get rid of the police unions. And unions in general. Just blew the minds of the people that think you're on only one side or the other all the time.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by steveschneider 2014-12-22, 00:54

I just want to talk about sports.
steveschneider
steveschneider
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-22, 01:14

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Don't you think though that the fact that literally anyone would think that the death of two police officers is justified is pretty indicative that there is a really serious problem? People are that disenfranchised that some think this is okay (it isn't.) Not many people want to hate the police. But they see the repeated abuses of power and people are now suggesting that the death of police officers is anything but abhorrent (again, to be clear. It's abhorrent.) 

I don't know, it's a tough issue. A lot of the deaths at the hands of the police lately are completely unjustified. Obviously this isn't the answer. But it does speak to the unrest out there. Maybe the best overall survival tactic for the police (that's their main goal, right?) Is to stop killing people when they don't need to? Those two officers are likely alive today if none of those other situations happened which sparked some crazy to do something crazy.

That and get rid of the police unions. And unions in general. Just blew the minds of the people that think you're on only one side or the other all the time.

The concept of policing anything besides violence and fraud/theft is something I'm diametrically opposed to. So I can understand strong feelings. To express glee over the deaths of people you didn't know simply because of the uniform.... it's not the same but it seems eerily close to disliking someone based on the color skin they have on. Or religion they're currently trending in.

We certainly wouldn't want to draw those sorts of parallels in the mainstream media, though, about that community... that'd be blasphemous.

Are a lot of the deaths at the hands of police unjustified? I certainly believe the one regarding Eric Garner was completely unjustified. No excuse for it. But Michael Brown? I'm not trying to bring that discussion here but I've had a hard time finding anything that supports his innocence. I don't know...

Stop killing people when they don't need to? If you ask those cops and the individuals involved in the grand jury investigations they'd certainly make the case that they needed to kill the individual in order to avoid being assaulted and possibly killed themselves. When you look at the cases (except for Eric Garner) and the evidence it's hard to say they're wrong. But the particular community in question will never even look at things like evidence or facts... they look at the skin color of who was involved. If the killed is black and killers are white... then they're pissed. If the killers are black it doesn't even matter what color the deceased are.... and we now know that if they're cops the actions will be cheered on. Nice bunch of people here.

Another way to say it is those two officers are likely alive today if none of the criminals decided to attack cops and get themselves killed in the process... sparking some other gang banger from a similar community to doing what gang bangers from those communities do.

I agree with you regarding police unions. The NYPD is one powerful motherfucker. It's a different world out here.

Last edited by xsanguine on 2014-12-22, 01:19; edited 2 times in total
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-22, 01:15

steveschneider wrote:I just want to talk about sports.

Well then I have great news, Steve.

There's a thread (or two) for that!
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-22, 01:29

xsanguine wrote:

The concept of policing anything besides violence and fraud/theft is something I'm diametrically opposed to. So I can understand strong feelings. To express glee over the deaths of people you didn't know simply because of the uniform.... it's not the same but it seems eerily close to disliking someone based on the color skin they have on. Or religion they're currently trending in.

We certainly wouldn't want to draw those sorts of parallels in the mainstream media, though, about that community... that'd be blasphemous.

Are a lot of the deaths at the hands of police unjustified? I certainly believe the one regarding Eric Garner was completely unjustified. No excuse for it. But Michael Brown? I'm not trying to bring that discussion here but I've had a hard time finding anything that supports his innocence. I don't know...

Stop killing people when they don't need to? If you ask those cops and the individuals involved in the grand jury investigations they'd certainly make the case that they needed to kill the individual in order to avoid being assaulted and possibly killed themselves.

Another way to say it is those two officers are likely alive today if none of the criminals decided to attack cops and get themselves killed in the process... sparking some other gang banger from a similar community to doing what gang bangers from those communities do.

I agree with you regarding police unions. The NYPD is one powerful motherfucker. It's a different world out here.
You know what is more eerily similar to than race or religion? When someone from one military kills someone from another military. Which is kind of the situation the militarization of the police has created, no?

I've said multiple times, Brown's situation was the worst that they could rally over. To me, Garner and Rice in Ohio (as well as the other person in Ohio at a walmart whose name escapes me right now) were completely unjustified. We've already been over the other two though, so I know you disagree.

Yeah, no shit the cop would say in front of a grand jury that they did the right thing. Wanna know why? Cause they are the ones on trial by the grand jury. No fucking shit they would say that. Seriously, you expect them to say "yeah maybe I shouldn't have done that" knowing that best case they will lose their jobs and worst case they are going to jail?

I really think that a lot of the problem could be solved in our justice system. Local prosecutors work closely with the police. They are biased and present those facts in a biased way partially because they need the police's support on other cases. Why shouldn't a grand jury trial involving a police officer be put on by a non involved (likely meaning federal) prosecutor? I'm not an attorney, so I fully admit that I don't know everything about how these things work, but wouldn't that make a lot more sense?
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-22, 01:45

You know what is more eerily similar to than race or religion? When someone from one military kills someone from another military. Which is kind of the situation the militarization of the police has created, no?

To me it's a 'chicken or the egg' scenario. The statistics are pretty clear about this, the black community has a problem with violence, independent of the police and their militarization. Police are suppose to be taking care of that situation and trying to keep members of that community from killing each other (as well as killing others that happen to be in the neighborhood).

Do the police escalate situations? I'd imagine they probably do in other situations. Does the community escalate issues by continuing to constantly kill each other and rob from those around them? Just going on my life experience I'd say they do. Does that give the police any justification for messing with black people that don't contribute to the problems of their community? Absolutely not.

I'm not sure how you solve it, though... both sides have to improve their behavior but both sides believe they're doing nothing wrong.

I've said multiple times, Brown's situation was the worst that they could rally over. To me, Garner and Rice in Ohio (as well as the other person in Ohio at a walmart whose name escapes me right now) were completely unjustified. We've already been over the other two though, so I know you disagree.

Let's back up now. The only incidents I feel were justified, based on the information I have and obviously having not been there, were the Michael Brown incident... and Trayvon Martin, although with Martin it wasn't a cop. I feel the Garner incident was unjustified and the others I haven't really paid much attention to so I'll refrain.

Yeah, no shit the cop would say in front of a grand jury that they did the right thing. Wanna know why? Cause they are the ones on trial by the grand jury. No fucking shit they would say that. Seriously, you expect them to say "yeah maybe I shouldn't have done that" knowing that best case they will lose their jobs and worst case they are going to jail?

So what... evidence is submitted, witnesses are interviewed... and after all of that it's determined there is not a case to pursue. What are you suggesting we do? Bypass that process and start operating under witch-hunt principles?

I really think that a lot of the problem could be solved in our justice system. Local prosecutors work closely with the police. They are biased and present those facts in a biased way partially because they need the police's support on other cases. Why shouldn't a grand jury trial involving a police officer be put on by a non involved (likely meaning federal) prosecutor? I'm not an attorney, so I fully admit that I don't know everything about how these things work, but wouldn't that make a lot more sense?

That might work. I agree with you that we need to make some heavy reforms. Maybe it's my anarchist tendencies or maybe my infinitely pessimistic outlook at anything resembling a ruling class but I think we can make all the reforms in the world and it still won't matter one iota.

Maybe....maybe disband the way police are currently hired and assigned... make it so that a police officer must reside in the city, or in the case of a place like New York, they must reside in the borough or even neighborhood they are tasked with patrolling. The one problem I can see arising from that is now you have cops from some of these neighborhoods where most of the residents are exactly like the residents standing outside the Tompkins houses cheering on dead cops like al Qaeda cheers on dead soldiers.

xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by CORNER BLITZ 2014-12-22, 01:53

This is an interesting response to his post, which basically claims the news is a fabricated story that's roughly 10% true and a part of the problem

Then, we have a response that says "...they see the repeated abuses of power...", "A lot of the deaths at the hands of the police lately are completely unjustified."

Uhh, isn't that the point of the first post. That the news shapes how we see things and it's more for ratings than truth. How do you/we know about a lot of death-by-cops? We only know the ones in the news but what about others? What is the current ratio of unjustified to justified deaths-by-cop?

CORNER BLITZ
CORNER BLITZ
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-22, 01:58

xsanguine wrote:

To me it's a 'chicken or the egg' scenario. The statistics are pretty clear about this, the black community has a problem with violence, independent of the police and their militarization. Police are suppose to be taking care of that situation and trying to keep members of that community from killing each other (as well as killing others that happen to be in the neighborhood).

Do the police escalate situations? I'd imagine they probably do in other situations. Does the community escalate issues by continuing to constantly kill each other and rob from those around them? Just going on my life experience I'd say they do. Does that give the police any justification for messing with black people that don't contribute to the problems of their community? Absolutely not.

I'm not sure how you solve it, though... both sides have to improve their behavior but both sides believe they're doing nothing wrong.

Let's back up now. The only incidents I feel were justified, based on the information I have and obviously having not been there, were the Michael Brown incident... and Trayvon Martin, although with Martin it wasn't a cop. I feel the Garner incident was unjustified and the others I haven't really paid much attention to so I'll refrain.

So what... evidence is submitted, witnesses are interviewed... and after all of that it's determined there is not a case to pursue. What are you suggesting we do? Bypass that process and start operating under witch-hunt principles?

That might work. I agree with you that we need to make some heavy reforms. Maybe it's my anarchist tendencies or maybe my infinitely pessimistic outlook at anything resembling a ruling class but I think we can make all the reforms in the world and it still won't matter one iota.

Maybe....maybe disband the way police are currently hired and assigned... make it so that a police officer must reside in the city, or in the case of a place like New York, they must reside in the borough or even neighborhood they are tasked with patrolling. The one problem I can see arising from that is now you have cops from some of these neighborhoods where most of the residents are exactly like the residents standing outside the Tompkins houses cheering on dead cops like al Qaeda cheers on dead soldiers.

Paying police more might make some sense too. Who do we hire as police right now? Based on my experience of who I know it's the ex JV quarterback, the guy that got C's in high school, etc. Generally (not an absolute) its not kids who went did well in high school and did well for themselves.

You give them a badge and a gun and all of a sudden they have power for the first time in their lives. If we really want them to start acting more appropriately then maybe we need to pay them more to attract people who go to other jobs instead? I wonder if this is a problem right now partially because unskilled individuals who used to go to factory jobs are now turning to police jobs for a lack of other options. Of course those types of people make frequent judgment mistakes. They do that whether they have a badge or not.

Last edited by Travis of the Cosmos on 2014-12-22, 02:06; edited 1 time in total
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-22, 02:04

CORNER BLITZ wrote:

This is an interesting response to his post, which basically claims the news is a fabricated story that's roughly 10% true and a part of the problem

Then, we have a response that says "...they see the repeated abuses of power...", "A lot of the deaths at the hands of the police lately are completely unjustified."

Uhh, isn't that the point of the first post. That the news shapes how we see things and it's more for ratings than truth. How do you/we know about a lot of death-by-cops? We only know the ones in the news but what about others? What is the current ratio of unjustified to justified deaths-by-cop?

The ratio needs to be as close to 0 as humanly possible. And, when there are the occassional not justified killings, the police shouldn't instantly rally to defend their own (this is where I blame unions) and instead treat it like any other potential murder case that they handle on a frequent basis. I really feel like they are creating the "us vs them" mentality more than anyone else is because they rally so quickly to defend themselves before any facts are revealed.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-22, 02:22

Paying police more might make some sense too. Who do we hire as police right now? Based on my experience of who I know it's the ex JV quarterback, the guy that got C's in high school, etc. Generally (not an absolute) its not kids who went did well in high school and did well for themselves.

You give them a badge and a gun and all of a sudden they have power for the first time in their lives. If we really want them to start acting more appropriately then maybe we need to pay them more to attract people who go to other jobs instead? I wonder if this is a problem right now partially because unskilled individuals who used to go to factory jobs are now turning to police jobs for a lack of other options. Of course those types of people make frequent judgment mistakes. They do that whether they have a badge or not.

Good point
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-22, 02:26

Maybe, I dunno.

I don't think it's the pay. I don't think people want to be cops because cops represent an illegitimate monopoly of violence over the populace. Who wants to be tasked with using violence to kidnap people and enslave them because they found some powder or rocks in their pocket?

So who is drawn to becoming a cop? People who have a psychological deficiency leading them to desire domination and control over others. The EXACT profile of a politician. That's the job... actualize the policies of suits in a bubble who feel they were put in office to control the criminal and NON-criminal behaviors of society.

It is never going to get better because the entire concept is ****ed from its foundation. It's what I've been saying all along for the past however many years....

The only laws on the books should be to keep people from committing violence, theft, and fraud. Everything else should be left alone. No individual should be able to corner the power enough to enact some law so that they can send guys with guns can kidnap, enslave, and extort someone for doing something that didn't forcibly affect another individual.

That's why people don't like cops... because they're the attack dogs for out of touch politicians who want to dominate and control others.

If this were the case... Eric Garner would be alive. Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin would still be dead.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-22, 02:34

The ratio needs to be as close to 0 as humanly possible. And, when there are the occassional not justified killings, the police shouldn't instantly rally to defend their own (this is where I blame unions) and instead treat it like any other potential murder case that they handle on a frequent basis. I really feel like they are creating the "us vs them" mentality more than anyone else is because they rally so quickly to defend themselves before any facts are revealed.

My point of bringing up what I saw in the media is this. If the media actually reported THE TRUTH... that community would get far less support than they are getting. CNN is propping that community up as if they're concerned and benevolent and non-violent... and in turn getting all of these neckbeards and fat guys with jowels and douchebag hipsters... especially the media mouth pieces on MSNBC... to garner support from people that have absolutely NOTHING in common with the community and have probably never had an actual conversation with someone from that particular niche in society.

And so after all these people get this false narrative... they have to turn around and tell the cops that are dealing with people EVERYDAY wanting them dead that they need to change their behavior and their intent.

I guarantee if the media presented it truthfully... everyone in this nation would give up on the sick violent fucks that make up a very sizable portion of this neighborhood and let the cops "do what they gotta do".

And that yearning for violence doesn't stop at cops... I've got stories, oddly similar to the type of stories from the same types of individuals I grew up with in Lansing. But no one cares because whites & cops (and even better, white cops) are just 'getting what they deserve'.

Would that be better? I don't know... would it be worse? It certainly would for black Bed-Stuy residents.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-22, 02:42

xsanguine wrote:

Maybe, I dunno.

I don't think it's the pay. I don't think people want to be cops because cops represent an illegitimate monopoly of violence over the populace. Who wants to be tasked with using violence to kidnap people and enslave them because they found some powder or rocks in their pocket?

So who is drawn to becoming a cop? People who have a psychological deficiency leading them to desire domination and control over others. The EXACT profile of a politician. That's the job... actualize the policies of suits in a bubble who feel they were put in office to control the criminal and NON-criminal behaviors of society.

It is never going to get better because the entire concept is ****ed from its foundation. It's what I've been saying all along for the past however many years....

The only laws on the books should be to keep people from committing violence, theft, and fraud. Everything else should be left alone. No individual should be able to corner the power enough to enact some law so that they can send guys with guns can kidnap, enslave, and extort someone for doing something that didn't forcibly affect another individual.

That's why people don't like cops... because they're the attack dogs for out of touch politicians who want to dominate and control others.

If this were the case... Eric Garner would be alive. Michael Brown and Trayvon Martin would still be dead.
Brown would be dead. Martin honestly doesn't apply to the discussion about cops because he was killed by a citizen. I know most people disagree, but this isn't a race issue, it's a police brutality issue. Martin is irrelevant from that perspective.

I totally feel you on this... The only thing is, when you say "who would take the cop job given what it is?" Well, the answer is people who aren't smart enough to realize what it is. The people we hire just see a slightly better pay than the factory job they could get otherwise and some power over other people. I really don't think that most of them would understand what the words "illegitimate monolpoly of violence over the populace" even means.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2014-12-22, 02:49

xsanguine wrote:

My point of bringing up what I saw in the media is this. If the media actually reported THE TRUTH... that community would get far less support than they are getting. CNN is propping that community up as if they're concerned and benevolent and non-violent... and in turn getting all of these neckbeards and fat guys with jowels and douchebag hipsters... especially the media mouth pieces on MSNBC... to garner support from people that have absolutely NOTHING in common with the community and have probably never had an actual conversation with someone from that particular niche in society.

And so after all these people get this false narrative... they have to turn around and tell the cops that are dealing with people EVERYDAY wanting them dead that they need to change their behavior and their intent.

I guarantee if the media presented it truthfully... everyone in this nation would give up on the sick violent fucks that make up a very sizable portion of this neighborhood and let the cops "do what they gotta do".

And that yearning for violence doesn't stop at cops... I've got stories, oddly similar to the type of stories from the same types of individuals I grew up with in Lansing. But no one cares because whites & cops (and even better, white cops) are just 'getting what they deserve'.

Would that be better? I don't know... would it be worse? It certainly would for black Bed-Stuy residents.
Look, the media does lie/exaggerate just about everything ever.  If you've ever seen a story in a newspaper that you have first hand knowledge about you know this. At the same time, when you're looking at video of Rice in Cleveland combined with Garner, the media's opinion doesn't matter. Everyone can see what happened.

Granted, the Rice situation isn't resolved. But, fuck, if they don't at least have a trial for those cops... I'm not sure if I'd be able to disagree with people rioting.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-22, 02:54

Travis of the Cosmos wrote: I know most people disagree, but this isn't a race issue, it's a police brutality issue. Martin is irrelevant from that perspective.

Relieved to hear you say this, because I completely agree.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by xsanguine 2014-12-22, 04:18

Travis of the Cosmos wrote: I really don't think that most of them would understand what the words "illegitimate monolpoly of violence over the populace" even means.

That's a fair point... but I don't think it's left up to them to have to understand the phrase.

Our politicians are the ones that make the laws. The cops just do what they're told. The cop is the gun and the politicians are the ones holding that gun, telling it what to shoot at.

We don't only need to reform our justice system but we need a complete overhaul of our system of governance and what it even means to be governed. I won't say the system has been perverted from it's initial intentions, I think it's operating exactly as it was created... we're still operating on some 18th century idea of maintaining society despite the fact that we've had more advances in technology in the last 100 years than we did in the previous 1,000 years.
Yet we're still stuck using the same concept of violence and control that we've used for thousands of years; Government.

Wells.
xsanguine
xsanguine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-22, 10:35

xsanguine wrote:

I don't go to rcmb, so I missed it. You seem like a rational person. Can you really say that you think the outspoken moronic opinions of people who live in low income housing and happened to be nearby when these two policemen were killed are any more representative than the woman they used? I mean think percentages here.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Toe 2014-12-22, 10:46

Rocinante wrote:

I don't go to rcmb, so I missed it. You seem like a rational person. Can you really say that you think the outspoken moronic opinions of people who live in low income housing and happened to be nearby when these two policemen were killed are any more representative than the woman they used? I mean think percentages here.

representative of what, neighborhood, nation? be more specific.

I'm just surprised he has a problem with those people expressing their opposition to "illegitimate monolpoly of violence over the populace".

Toe
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-22, 10:53

Toe wrote:

representative of what, neighborhood, nation? be more specific.

I'm just surprised he has a problem with those people expressing their opposition to "illegitimate monolpoly of violence over the populace".

Point taken. I guess I mean that there used to be a thing called responsible journalism where there was discretion in who you gave camera time to. Highlighting extremists serves only to rabble rouse and my opinion (which is correct) is that the vast majority of people participating in protests against police violence condemn this act. I would even say that the people who were being assholes at the scene probably were exhibiting a mob mentality and if they were pulled aside after the fact would have expressed a much less extreme and more nuanced opinion.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-12-22, 11:09

TLDR most.

You know why cops are scared and act with a shoot first attitude?

The NR motherfucking A.

Every nut job on the street has all the access they want to guns. Cops think every interaction will turn into a shoot out. They are scared for their lives every day. Closing loopholes to allowing crazy ass fucks to buy/own guns and limiting the access to the military weapons and armor piercing bullets... whatever... is out of the question for the NRA. NRA is protecting the ****ed up wild west mindset they have to deal with everyday, I really don't blame the cops for being scared. I would be too.

If you are God fearing law abiding American, you wouldn't be frightened of regulations protecting police and other law abiding citizens from being shot by a sociopath.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-22, 11:12

AvgMSUJoe wrote:TLDR most.

The NR motherfucking A.

Every nut job on the street has all the access they want to guns. Cops think every interaction will turn into a shoot out. They are scared for their lives every day. Closing loopholes to allowing crazy ass fucks to buy/own guns and limiting the access to the military weapons and armor piercing bullets... whatever... is out of the question for the NRA. NRA is protecting the ****ed up wild west mindset they have to deal with everyday, I really don't blame the cops for being scared. I would be too.

If you are God fearing law abiding American, you wouldn't be frightened of regulations protecting police and other law abiding citizens from being shot by a sociopath.

Ah boy....

Yeah murders didn't exist prior to the invention of the firearm......
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Ass Dan 2014-12-22, 11:21

The NR motherfucking A.

When you're wrong, you sure don't half ass it.
Ass Dan
Ass Dan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AvgMSUJoe 2014-12-22, 11:29

Ass Dan wrote:

When you're wrong, you sure don't half ass it.

Can't even wrap your head around it can you.

"But guns are good! They save lives! The NRA told me so!!"

Cop pulling dude over: (Watch hands walking up... oh shit his hands aren't on the steering wheel... Is he reaching under his seat... oh fuck, my wife, kids...."Sir, put your hand where I can see them!"....

Dude: (dumb fucker) Duh, fuckn cop pull me over for nothin. Duh. Gunna keep it real and give attititude, Duh.

Cop: Oh shit he isn't showing his hands. (Dashcam video of some cop somewhere getting mowed down for no reason playing in his head.) Un-snap, approach slowly, get ready to pull...."Get outta the car!" That dud has heat and I am going to have to draw...

Dude: But I didn't do nuttin', DUH. "Fuck you cop" DUH.

Blam Blam Blam... Dead peeps. For nothing.
AvgMSUJoe
AvgMSUJoe
Geronte
Geronte

Location : As stupid and vicious as men are, this is a lovely day.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-22, 11:32

AvgMSUJoe wrote: Closing loopholes to allowing crazy ass fucks to buy/own guns and limiting the access to the military weapons and armor piercing bullets... whatever... is out of the question for the NRA.

"Loopholes" is BS, just like the "assault weapon" crap was. I have no idea what military weapons you speak of - do you believe that machine guns or anti tank missiles are generally available? And someone wishing to do maximum damage to a human target wouldn't be using "armor piercing" bullets, they would use standard hunting rounds.

Your post is a fine example of why it's difficult to have any rational conversation on firearms, when you believe myth and propaganda it's hard to accept fact.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-22, 11:37

LoneWolfSparty wrote:Ah boy....

Yeah murders didn't exist prior to the invention of the firearm......

I'm now waiting for Australia to ban knives.

Cairns stabbing: Eight children found dead at a home in Cairns
Reports suggest they were killed in a mass stabbing with the victims eight children ranging in age from 18 months to 15 years.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/cairns-stabbing-eight-children-found-dead-at-a-home-in-cairns/story-fni0cx12-1227161857604?nk=4aa2dc12a01a925763923c5d62b685aa
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-22, 11:43

LooseGoose wrote:

I'm now waiting for Australia to ban knives.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/cairns-stabbing-eight-children-found-dead-at-a-home-in-cairns/story-fni0cx12-1227161857604?nk=4aa2dc12a01a925763923c5d62b685aa

Are people still this fucking lame? Linking one article of people getting stabbed is your evidence that gun control doesn't work?

Has gun violence went down there? Has violence in general? Link us to that.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by I.B. Fine 2014-12-22, 11:51

Other Teams Pursuing That wrote:

Are people still this fucking lame? Linking one article of people getting stabbed is your evidence that gun control doesn't work?

Has gun violence went down there? Has violence in general? Link us to that.

According to some, the drop in violence correlates with abortions.
Guns may make it slightly easier to kill people, but unless you are proposing house to house searches to collect the millions of guns out there, (blatantly breaking at least 2 Constitutional Amendments) what is "gun control" really going to do? make law abiding citizens jump through more hoops and make armed criminals feel safer.
Behavior is the issue, not the guns.
I.B. Fine
I.B. Fine
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-22, 12:05

I.B. Fine wrote:

According to some, the drop in violence correlates with abortions.
Guns may make it slightly easier to kill people, but unless you are proposing house to house searches to collect the millions of guns out there, (blatantly breaking at least 2 Constitutional Amendments) what is "gun control" really going to do? make law abiding citizens jump through more hoops and make armed criminals feel safer.
Behavior is the issue, not the guns.

I'm not even saying I'm for gun control. I'm just sick of people linking an article to one crazy bat shit guy that doesn't use a gun to kill people and use it for evidence why guns should be legal. That seems pretty simple. I guess it correlates with the simple thinking of a God creating everything. Complicated issues, simple answers. Seems like a trend.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Jake from State Farm 2014-12-22, 12:07

AvgMSUJoe wrote:

Can't even wrap your head around it can you.

"But guns are good! They save lives! The NRA told me so!!"

Cop pulling dude over: (Watch hands walking up... oh shit his hands aren't on the steering wheel... Is he reaching under his seat... oh fuck, my wife, kids...."Sir, put your hand where I can see them!"....

Dude: (dumb fucker) Duh, fuckn cop pull me over for nothin. Duh. Gunna keep it real and give attititude, Duh.

Cop: Oh shit he isn't showing his hands. (Dashcam video of some cop somewhere getting mowed down for no reason playing in his head.) Un-snap, approach slowly, get ready to pull...."Get outta the car!" That dud has heat and I am going to have to draw...

Dude: But I didn't do nuttin', DUH. "Fuck you cop" DUH.

Blam Blam Blam... Dead peeps. For nothing.

I was under the impression that NYC already had pretty strict gun control laws. Maybe you know something the rest of us don't know.
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by LoneWolfSparty 2014-12-22, 12:26

I'm not even saying I'm for gun control. I'm just sick of people linking an article to one crazy bat shit guy that doesn't use a gun to kill people and use it for evidence why guns should be legal. That seems pretty simple. I guess it correlates with the simple thinking of a God creating everything. Complicated issues, simple answers. Seems like a trend.

My goodness are you a hypocrite.
LoneWolfSparty
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-22, 12:27

The NR motherfucking A.

You seem mentally unstable
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2014-12-22, 12:33

The_Dude wrote:

You seem mentally unstable

alien
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-22, 12:41

LoneWolfSparty wrote:

My goodness are you a hypocrite.

Go on.. you're slowly learning how to post. You have to type more than an insult. You can do it.
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2014-12-22, 12:42

The reason why we are in a downward spiral as a country is because liberals like yourself simply cannot grasp or understand what the root of the problem is.  Guns aren't the problem. When we a nation actually had less gun control, years and years ago, we had less violence.

So now we know guns aren't the issue, what is?

Well, for one, the complete and utter failures by Democrats in regards to minority communities, specifically blacks.  Since LBJs great society, the amount of black kids born out of wedlock with absolutely no parenting has skyrocketed.  Its worse than an epidemic.  Then you have Dem politicians telling the mass ignorant sheep that the reason they are poor and stupid is because of (insert white person or Repub here).  Sign them up for welfare and all of a sudden you have votes and complete control over someone's life for your entire political career.

So liberals like yourself, instead of asking why masses of people are prone to violence...instead of asking why a black person is 8x as likely to commit a violent crime than a white person...you simply blame the NRA and 'guns' when in reality the NRA and guns have ALWAYS been in society.

Just like Ferguson...we dont have a societal problem with cops.  Sure, there are isolated instances.  There are what, 800k cops?  They are humans, right?  800k people performing a job everyday is going to lead to screw ups.

The problem is, why is black unemployment rate double that of whites?  Why is the black youth unemployment rate almost 30%?  Decades of failed and corrupt Democrat leadership has layed waste to black communities.  Utterly destroyed them starting with the Great Society.

Before that, children born out of wedlock was under 10% in black communities.  It has gone up almost tenfold.

But this is awesome as someone who mainly supports the GOP.  Democrats are showing their true colors, starting with the architect of Obamacare saying Democrats rely on the stupidity of the voters to get stuff passed.  The constant lies by Obama and his admin, etc.  The mid terms were just an absolute embarrassment for anyone with a D next to their name.  You have a president so toxic, Dems up for re election begged him to not campaign for them.

Until liberals will allow themselves to be intellectually honest, their party will continue to have egg on its face and Americans will suffer.  You can't fix problems when you dont even allow conversations on how to fix these problems to be had.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-22, 12:47

The_Dude wrote:

The reason why we are in a downward spiral as a country is because liberals like yourself simply cannot grasp or understand what the root of the problem is.  Guns aren't the problem. When we a nation actually had less gun control, years and years ago, we had less violence.

So now we know guns aren't the issue, what is?

Well, for one, the complete and utter failures by Democrats in regards to minority communities, specifically blacks.  Since LBJs great society, the amount of black kids born out of wedlock with absolutely no parenting has skyrocketed.  Its worse than an epidemic.  Then you have Dem politicians telling the mass ignorant sheep that the reason they are poor and stupid is because of (insert white person or Repub here).  Sign them up for welfare and all of a sudden you have votes and complete control over someone's life for your entire political career.

So liberals like yourself, instead of asking why masses of people are prone to violence...instead of asking why a black person is 8x as likely to commit a violent crime than a white person...you simply blame the NRA and 'guns' when in reality the NRA and guns have ALWAYS been in society.

Just like Ferguson...we dont have a societal problem with cops.  Sure, there are isolated instances.  There are what, 800k cops?  They are humans, right?  800k people performing a job everyday is going to lead to screw ups.

The problem is, why is black unemployment rate double that of whites?  Why is the black youth unemployment rate almost 30%?  Decades of failed and corrupt Democrat leadership has layed waste to black communities.  Utterly destroyed them starting with the Great Society.

Before that, children born out of wedlock was under 10% in black communities.  It has gone up almost tenfold.

But this is awesome as someone who mainly supports the GOP.  Democrats are showing their true colors, starting with the architect of Obamacare saying Democrats rely on the stupidity of the voters to get stuff passed.  The constant lies by Obama and his admin, etc.  The mid terms were just an absolute embarrassment for anyone with a D next to their name.  You have a president so toxic, Dems up for re election begged him to not campaign for them.

Until liberals will allow themselves to be intellectually honest, their party will continue to have egg on its face and Americans will suffer.  You can't fix problems when you dont even allow conversations on how to fix these problems to be had.

You know so much about black people.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by InTenSity 2014-12-22, 12:50

The_Dude wrote:

The reason why we are in a downward spiral as a country is because liberals 
2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 2 2102841802 2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 2 2102841802 2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 2 2102841802 2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 2 2102841802
InTenSity
InTenSity
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2014-12-22, 12:51

Like seriously where do you get this bullshit. I already showed you over in tswillbin that the births out of wedlock had actually grown MORE outside the black community since the LBJ administration than inside the black community, but you continue to spew your nonsense. I just don't understand why you delude yourself with this bullshit. It has to be some deep seeded need to believe that minorities are trash. Or fear. Not sure which. Just go join the KKK and get it overwith. If you're not already a member.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Other Teams Pursuing That 2014-12-22, 12:54

I'm not reading that guy's reply. Did he even reply to my post or just rant about liberals and black animals some more?
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2014-12-22, 13:15

While you use bat shit crazy people to argue guns should be illegal.    2 NYPD officers executed by unarmed black man - Page 2 2102841802
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next