Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Call Saul

+28
Dr. Strangelove
Death Roe
StylesGShmooth
Blaine Fabin
xsanguine
Tim Wakefield
Cameron
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Bizarro Fletch
MiamiSpartan
Marc Summers
Rodeo Burger
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Code_Warrior
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
Frank Ricard
tTito
Cym Jim
Watch Out Pylon!
HT
Ass Dan
The_Dude
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
32 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Better Call Saul - Page 4 Empty Re: Better Call Saul

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-10, 22:22

Fuck Chuck.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-10, 23:01

Ernesto continues to get shit on.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-10, 23:11

Yep. Chuck pulling a Jimmy and manipulating. I hate Chuck.

Great episode, though. Mike is a pimp.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-10, 23:25

Decent episode, but I'm finding Saul less and less intriguing and some what annoying/boring. While Mick's scenes are always good. He is carrying the show.

Looks like their worlds are going to collide again... hopefully that will help.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-10, 23:28

Disagree. I still find him sympathetic.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-04-11, 00:26

One of the things I like about the show is that it constantly throws different things out there you don't expect, even tho you know the ending.

I just thought that Chuck would give the tape to whatever authority to turn Jimmy in, but instead there is at least a good chance it couldn't be used as evidence in a court of law. So the tape doesn't have the relevance I assumed it would have.

I also think the Air Force Captain was put up by Chuck. Not that the Air Force wouldn't have noticed sooner or later, but perhaps they were 'helped' by Chuck. Maybe eventually this ad will be catalyst to take down Jimmy, not the tape recording itself.

Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-04-11, 00:30

Nordic wrote:Decent episode, but I'm finding Saul less and less intriguing and some what annoying/boring. While Mick's scenes are always good. He is carrying the show.

Looks like their worlds are going to collide again... hopefully that will help.

Mike's scenes are the best on television. But all the characters in the show are excellent, imo.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-11, 00:32

Frank Ricard wrote:One of the things I like about the show is that it constantly throws different things out there you don't expect, even tho you know the ending.

I just thought that Chuck would give the tape to whatever authority to turn Jimmy in, but instead there is at least a good chance it couldn't be used as evidence in a court of law. So the tape doesn't have the relevance I assumed it would have.

I also think the Air Force Captain was put up by Chuck. Not that the Air Force wouldn't have noticed sooner or later, but perhaps they were 'helped' by Chuck. Maybe eventually this ad will be catalyst to take down Jimmy, not the tape recording itself.

Possible. I'm thinking more that Chuck is going to strike at Kim when the time is right. He's playing everyone like a fiddle at this point. My only hope is Jimmy can catch on at some point before it's too late and flip the script. I think it will be Kim because he knows that will hurt Jimmy the most.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-11, 05:22

I can't remember... does Saul know that Chuck taped their convo? He's obviously not stupid and everything he does has a purpose. He wouldn't be niave enough to think it is not a possibility (he either doesn't care or has a motive)... I just can't remember if they showed that he knows for sure he taped it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-11, 08:21

Nordic wrote:I can't remember... does Saul know that Chuck taped their convo? He's obviously not stupid and everything he does has a purpose. He wouldn't be niave enough to think it is not a possibility (he either doesn't care or has a motive)... I just can't remember if they showed that he knows for sure he taped it.

He doesn't know. They for sure didn't show it and I'm 99% sure he doesn't know or suspect anything. They're trying to show that his care for his brother supersedes his Saul side. And that Chuck's disdain for the way Jimmy practices law supersedes his care for his brother. Chuck set up the kid knowing that he would tell Jimmy, as the kid lied to him/covered for Jimmy after the copy store incident.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-11, 08:25

Where the hell was Gus? All the promos talk about Gus coming back, so lets bring him back. I'm sure whoever Mike is tailing will get him there but lets do it already. There's only what, 10 episodes or something?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-04-11, 11:06

It's a good show - great casting and acting and filmed beautifully.

I just wish they'd announce in an end date so they plot out the Jimmy to Saul transition in an orderly fashion. It seems like they're stretching this shit out just to stretch it out. It's well done and I know I'm impatient but I'd like the storyline to advance a bit more quickly.

Btw they missed an opportunity for another BB callout last night - should have had Mike take the wagon to Old Joe's junkyard.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-04-11, 11:08

I need to catch up. Huge BB fan, never got around to watching this.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-11, 11:13

Death Roe wrote:I need to catch up. Huge BB fan, never got around to watching this.

Be warned, it's got the same style as Breaking Bad (same director) but the Saul story line is nothing like what Breaking Bad used to be. It focuses on Saul wanting his brother's approval and his brother being a dick about it. To be fair, Saul does some seriously dickish things too.

The Mike story line is more closely linked to what Breaking Bad was. At least so far.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-11, 11:15

Frank Ricard wrote:One of the things I like about the show is that it constantly throws different things out there you don't expect, even tho you know the ending.

I just thought that Chuck would give the tape to whatever authority to turn Jimmy in, but instead there is at least a good chance it couldn't be used as evidence in a court of law.  So the tape doesn't have the relevance I assumed it would have.

I also think the Air Force Captain was put up by Chuck.  Not that the Air Force wouldn't have noticed sooner or later, but perhaps they were 'helped' by Chuck.  Maybe eventually this ad will be catalyst to take down Jimmy, not the tape recording itself.

To be honest Saul never really gets taken down. He's basically doing the same thing now as he did in BB, being a shady lawyer and whatnot. I think I get what you mean though. At some point some serious enough shit will go down where he will have to change his name.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-04-11, 14:12

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I just thought that Chuck would give the tape to whatever authority to turn Jimmy in, but instead there is at least a good chance it couldn't be used as evidence in a court of law.  So the tape doesn't have the relevance I assumed it would have.

I also think the Air Force Captain was put up by Chuck.  Not that the Air Force wouldn't have noticed sooner or later, but perhaps they were 'helped' by Chuck.  Maybe eventually this ad will be catalyst to take down Jimmy, not the tape recording itself.

To be honest Saul never really gets taken down. He's basically doing the same thing now as he did in BB, being a shady lawyer and whatnot. I think I get what you mean though. At some point some serious enough shit will go down where he will have to change his name.
It will be interesting what causes it, but yeah, it doesn't have to be a big fall by him. The change to Saul Goodman is not like changing his name to Gene and working at a Cinnabon in Omaha. He stays in Albuquerque doing the same job as always, with his face all over TV. At the very least, we know that it must not be something illegal, or even a disbarment that causes the name change. I figure it will be something where Chuck forces him to stop practicing law as James McGill. Maybe either by a court order, or an agreement between the two, where Chuck claims that Jimmy's sleazy behavior tarnishes Chuck's reputation by association/relation. I could see Jimmy agreeing to something, knowing that there's a loop hole where he can just legally change his name and then keep doing what he's doing.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-11, 17:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Nordic wrote:I can't remember... does Saul know that Chuck taped their convo? He's obviously not stupid and everything he does has a purpose. He wouldn't be niave enough to think it is not a possibility (he either doesn't care or has a motive)... I just can't remember if they showed that he knows for sure he taped it.

He doesn't know. They for sure didn't show it and I'm 99% sure he doesn't know or suspect anything.

We'll disagree there. Seems like I recall something being off with that convo, but I got to rewatch it. IMO Jimmy knows or doesn't GAF (as pointed out, his options to use it are limited). Everything he's done so far has been calculated, even with his brother. Not a slip he would make.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2017-04-17, 23:11

Worst brother ever.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-04-17, 23:14

Welp, I was wrong. I guess we know how/why Jimmy ditches his name and becomes Saul.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-17, 23:32

Yeah not a whole lot left up for speculation after that episode. Fun show. Not sure how Mike, as smart as he is, didn't realize that Jimmy fucked that whole spy operation up and guard himself accordingly.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2017-04-18, 06:40

Faster please.

If you had told me before this show started that we'd be in season three and he still wasn't Saul I would have called Shenanigans.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-04-24, 23:27

I love this show. Another great episode tonight. Somewhat surprised Gustavo revealed himself. He's got long game in mind. He knows Mike is a really solid resource and wants to procure his services imo.

I find myself looking forward to BCS more so than I ever did BB, or any of the other great shows in recent years. I just really dig the plot lines with the pure hearted, yet scam-conscious Jimmy and his internal struggles.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-04-25, 04:34

Really like the scene with Jimmy and Chuck out on the curb. Any scene with Mike is money. Easily the best show on TV.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-05-02, 00:52

What was the beef between Gus and Hector in BB? I only remember Hector blowing up his wheelchair and frying Gus' face off. Can't remember the backstory.

Loved the pool scene in tonight's episode. Gus poisoning the cartel was one of the better BB episodes.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-05-02, 02:45

Nordic wrote:What was the beef between Gus and Hector in BB? I only remember Hector blowing up his wheelchair and frying Gus' face off. Can't remember the backstory.

Loved the pool scene in tonight's episode.  Gus poisoning the cartel was one of the better BB episodes.

IIRC, the backstory between Gus and Hector was also played in the same episode you referenced in BB.  Long story short, Hector shot Gus's partner at the pool right next to Gus.  The guy was probably Gus's gay partner along with being a business partner at that same pool.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-05-02, 14:56

Nordic wrote:What was the beef between Gus and Hector in BB? I only remember Hector blowing up his wheelchair and frying Gus' face off. Can't remember the backstory.

Loved the pool scene in tonight's episode.  Gus poisoning the cartel was one of the better BB episodes.

Little trivia that the creators of these shows (BB and BCS) are so good at.

The episode in BB where Gus poisons the cartel at the pool, he used a very expensive brand of tequila named Zafiro Anejo that they used to carry the poison.  In an earlier episode of BCS, Jimmy and Kim con over a douchebag investment manager named Ken by getting him to pay for a bottle of this Zafiro Anejo - apparently costs $,$$$ per bottle.  In real life, this tequila brand is fictional.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-05-02, 15:25

Frank Ricard wrote:

The episode in BB where Gus poisons the cartel at the pool, he used a very expensive brand of tequila named Zafiro Anejo that they used to carry the poison.  In an earlier episode of BCS, Jimmy and Kim con over a douchebag investment manager named Ken by getting him to pay for a bottle of this Zafiro Anejo - apparently costs $,$$$ per bottle.  In real life, this tequila brand is fictional.

I'm not very good at picking up on stuff like this, but they do it a lot.  Good stuff.

Last night's episode was the best of the season IMO.  Mike's storyline is always good, but Jimmy's storyline is heating up. They are obv setting Chuck up. From the wording in the letter, the apology, adding the cost of the tape, Chuck's "burden of proof" comments... everything was calculated.  I don't totally get it, which makes it awesome (now I want to see what happens next week with Jimmy/Kim/Chuck and not just Mike/Gus/Cartel). Jimmy is finally being Saul again.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2017-05-02, 18:15

Nordic wrote:
Frank Ricard wrote:

I'm not very good at picking up on stuff like this, but they do it a lot.  Good stuff.

Last night's episode was the best of the season IMO.  Mike's storyline is always good, but Jimmy's storyline is heating up. They are obv setting Chuck up. From the wording in the letter, the apology, adding the cost of the tape, Chuck's "burden of proof" comments... everything was calculated.  I don't totally get it, which makes it awesome (now I want to see what happens next week with Jimmy/Kim/Chuck and not just Mike/Gus/Cartel). Jimmy is finally being Saul again.
I'm guessing that they turn the bar hearing on Chuck, as they basically have proof that they falsified the claim in the hearing that the tape was destroyed. But the problem with that theory is that Jimmy did destroy a tape of Chuck's, even if it wasn't the original. It would seem that it's something along those lines, though.

I can't come up with much of a guess as to the use of Mike's photos, though. It can't just be disputing the cost of the repairs. They seemed to highlight the photo of the lantern sitting on the copies of the Financial Times, but no clue on that either.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-05-04, 01:05

Frank Ricard wrote:

IIRC, the backstory between Gus and Hector was also played in the same episode you referenced in BB.  Long story short, Hector shot Gus's partner at the pool right next to Gus.  The guy was probably Gus's gay partner along with being a business partner at that same pool.

I went back and watched that scene. S4E8 Harmanos. Fucking awesome. I then got roped into FF and watching all the Gus scenes through S4E13. Debating whether to back through the earlier episodes. BCS is such a better show without having whiney or angry or pouty Walt around to ruin it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe 2017-05-04, 08:04

I'm on season 1 episode 8. Catching up fast, dudes!
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-05, 00:16

Dr. Strangelove wrote:Faster please.

If you had told me before this show started that we'd be in season three and he still wasn't Saul I would have called Shenanigans.

You're an impatient little bitch, aren't you?

I'm still waiting for the reveal about Chuck's wife leaving him. We got a little tease about her in a previous season, I want the rest of the story about Chuck's descent into (what I'm presuming is) psychosomatic delusion.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-05, 00:41

It's really an unbelievable show. I like it better than BB. It's not as exciting, but you are way more invested in the characters. I spent so much of BB going back and forth as to whether or not Walt/Jesse/Hank/Skylor/Mike were good or bad, whether I liked them or not, etc. Hell at the conclusion of the show I still didn't know who I was rooting for.

I like this. Mike and Jimmy are honestly much more in depth, interesting characters than the Walt/Jesse we saw in the BB universe ever were.

If I were to go back and rewatch BB (something I think I maybe should do now, as I don't remember a lot of it), I would be rooting for Mike in every one of those Walt/Jesse - Mike confrontations.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-05-05, 07:27

Totally agree WBH.

Though I simply didn't like Walt. He annoyed me and his schtick got old. He kept me from putting it in the upper stratosphere of top shows. The side characters carried the show for me (Saul, Tuco, Gus, Badger, Mike, etc.). Though, I did like him better in the final season.

I like the slow pace/character development stuff. Which is why I also like GoT. I do think the Jimmy/Chuck storyline dragged on though. I wish they would of supplemented Jimmy more outside of the Chuck storyline like S1. But Mike made up for it.

Jimmy/Chuck storyline is heating up and I'm looking forward to upcoming shows and how it plays out.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-05-05, 07:33

One of the underrated aspects of the show is it is on late Monday night. I always forget about it and fire up the TV after the kids are in bed, see that it is taping and get excited.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-05, 13:23

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:It's really an unbelievable show. I like it better than BB. It's not as exciting, but you are way more invested in the characters. I spent so much of BB going back and forth as to whether or not Walt/Jesse/Hank/Skylor/Mike were good or bad, whether I liked them or not, etc. Hell at the conclusion of the show I still didn't know who I was rooting for.

I like this. Mike and Jimmy are honestly much more in depth, interesting characters than the Walt/Jesse we saw in the BB universe ever were.

If I were to go back and rewatch BB (something I think I maybe should do now, as I don't remember a lot of it), I would be rooting for Mike in every one of those Walt/Jesse - Mike confrontations.

My recollections of Breaking Bad are that I liked Jesse and Mike and disliked most everyone else. I never liked Hank, but I was kind of rooting for him to catch Walt to end the series.

Whether I end up liking Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul better will depend on where they take BCS. We know most/all of the dots they have to connect, but if they do it in a satisfying way, I think it will be remembered as the better show, which is quite a feat.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2017-05-06, 21:00

I applied the Rule of Thirds

Better Call Saul - Page 4 20170510

Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-08, 23:07

I missed the first couple minutes, and the episode ended on a not completely conclusive note, but I found that immensely satisfying.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2017-05-08, 23:12

That was so so so so good.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2017-05-08, 23:16

Apparently they replay it again right after, so I'm now caught up on the couple minutes I missed. Chuck really is a bitch around his (ex-)wife. Super unlikable character, each and every second of comeuppance that he gets is pure ecstasy.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard 2017-05-08, 23:22

Chuck is such a despised character, but McKean (sp) could not have portrayed this character better.  Fantastic episode (again).  Perfect - the writing, the acting, the storyline, the camera work..

All TV shows need to be this good.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next