Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Call Saul

+28
Dr. Strangelove
Death Roe
StylesGShmooth
Blaine Fabin
xsanguine
Tim Wakefield
Cameron
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Bizarro Fletch
MiamiSpartan
Marc Summers
Rodeo Burger
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Code_Warrior
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
Frank Ricard
tTito
Cym Jim
Watch Out Pylon!
HT
Ass Dan
The_Dude
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
32 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Better Call Saul - Page 2 Empty Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-23, 23:59

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

True, but we're also making a small leap of faith there. Gilligan has already proven that things are not always what they seem. I mean, I really thought Jimmy was on his way with the Kettleman's money. It's entirely possible that they DO win that case or get a huge settlement, and something happens which leaves Jimmy back at square 1. So while I definitely lean towards my premise playing out as it's somewhat obvious, I also don't think we can rule out another spectacular rise/fall situation. Either way, it's entertaining as hell. This is a really good show. I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed any recent show in memory, at least in Season 1.
Oh yeah, it's definitely a great show regardless.

I'm thinking that the shit that goes down has to do with Chuck being a partner/using his code for that $300 worth of printing. Theyve been building the whole "hey, he's still a partner fyi" thing for the whole season.
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-24, 00:15

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:

True, but we're also making a small leap of faith there. Gilligan has already proven that things are not always what they seem. I mean, I really thought Jimmy was on his way with the Kettleman's money. It's entirely possible that they DO win that case or get a huge settlement, and something happens which leaves Jimmy back at square 1. So while I definitely lean towards my premise playing out as it's somewhat obvious, I also don't think we can rule out another spectacular rise/fall situation. Either way, it's entertaining as hell. This is a really good show. I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed any recent show in memory, at least in Season 1.

Good points from both of you guys.

But, anything is possible in the Vince Gilligan universe. Anything. A couple weeks ago we saw a talking toilet that make sexually suggestive encouragement to children. Think about that.

Jimmy could win, get paid, and then Tuco and Nacho show up and pull his pants down.

I hate that there are only 2 shows left.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-24, 10:36

I intended to wait until this show was finished and watch them all at once. However, with the insanely cold weather during February boredom drove me to watch them. Shitty, because waiting a week between episodes is pretty tough with this one.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-24, 12:10

Travis of the Cosmos wrote:
Oh yeah, it's definitely a great show regardless.

I'm thinking that the shit that goes down has to do with Chuck being a partner/using his code for that $300 worth of printing. Theyve been building the whole "hey, he's still a partner fyi" thing for the whole season.
I agree, but more than using the code for printing, I think it has more to do with Kim's concerns about Chuck working on something that is not through HHM. Like HHM ends up getting all or most of the payday, claiming that Chuck did all the work (maybe even bashing Jimmy in the process saying that no way could he come up with all this on his own).

But I still feel like something tragic has to happen with Chuck in order for Jimmy to become Saul. Maybe Chuck and Jimmy have such a falling out (maybe over this case) that Jimmy doesn't care and starts over. But Kim also expressed some concern about Chuck being able to handle this physically. So I could see this case killing Chuck, which really pushes Jimmy over the edge. We see Jimmy being kind of a sleazeball, but also trying to do the right thing. We see that he became a lawyer more to make Chuck proud of him (even directly asking, "Are you proud of me"), than because he wanted practice law. If Chuck dies, or they have a huge falling out, that could push him to being a full-on sleazeball criminal lawyer.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Bizarro Fletch 2015-03-24, 14:23

I've wanted to wait a while to reserve judgement, but now that we're nearing the end of the first season I can say I'm blown away with how Gilligan pulled this off.  The deck was totally stacked against this being any good. The pressure of living up to BB and doing it with two bit roles was huge. The guy playing Mike and the back story they've conceived for him are incredible.  Odenkirk is showing great range. The plot lines are just as clever and funny as those on BB.  They have that familiar look and feel, but are still totally original.  

I'm struggling to think of a better spin-off series in recent memory.  Or any memory.
Bizarro Fletch
Bizarro Fletch
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-24, 15:15

Bizarro Fletch wrote:I've wanted to wait a while to reserve judgement, but now that we're nearing the end of the first season I can say I'm blown away with how Gilligan pulled this off.  The deck was totally stacked against this being any good. The pressure of living up to BB and doing it with two bit roles was huge. The guy playing Mike and the back story they've conceived for him are incredible.  Odenkirk is showing great range. The plot lines are just as clever and funny as those on BB.  They have that familiar look and feel, but are still totally original.  

I'm struggling to think of a better spin-off series in recent memory.  Or any memory.
I agree. It has exceeded my expectations. History has definitely shown that it is very difficult to make a quality spin off. One that is different enough that it doesn't feel like a retread of the same show, but similar enough that it feels like you're watching the same "universe" as the original. What is even more difficult is to balance those two things with regular characters from the original show, and not characters that were only in one or two episodes (a la Mork and Mindy, Laverne & Shirley, The Jeffersons, etc.). So far they seem to have nailed the perfect balance between all of these things.

MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Code_Warrior 2015-03-24, 20:15

MiamiSpartan wrote:
I agree. It has exceeded my expectations. History has definitely shown that it is very difficult to make a quality spin off. One that is different enough that it doesn't feel like a retread of the same show, but similar enough that it feels like you're watching the same "universe" as the original. What is even more difficult is to balance those two things with regular characters from the original show, and not characters that were only in one or two episodes (a la Mork and Mindy, Laverne & Shirley, The Jeffersons, etc.). So far they seem to have nailed the perfect balance between all of these things.

The last spinoff that I thought was as good as the original was Frazier.
Code_Warrior
Code_Warrior
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-03-24, 20:41

I want them to kill off Chuck. I get what he's there for (and I think it's to act as a moral anchor/compass of sorts for Jimmy), but the dude feels like dead weight as a character.

Also want to see more about the backstory between Kim and Jimmy. Got a hint of it last night. Also want more Mike and shady dealings/escapades...but I imagine the dosage of both of those will ramp up in later seasons as Jimmy becomes Saul (which I think will require Chuck to be killed off).
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cym Jim 2015-03-25, 01:58

Code_Warrior wrote:
Not Joanie loves Chachi?
Cym Jim
Cym Jim
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan 2015-03-25, 11:17

Code_Warrior wrote:
I could never say that, but then again Cheers is probably my favorite sitcom ever, so nothing has been as good for me.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-31, 10:34

Another awesome episode last night. Sad the season is coming to a close.

Poor Jimmy.

Also, someone pointed this out elsewhere. I didn't really pick up on it but then again I'm not really a gamer, and only played the new GTA for a bit. I guess the talkative "protection" guy that Mike put down in the parking garage is the same guy who plays "Trevor" in GTA V. Pretty funny.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-31, 10:41

Great backstory plotlines with Mike and Jimmy.

Did Hamlin tell Kim when he told her to stay that Chuck is the driving force behind Jimmy not having a seat at the table and that's why Kim tried to convince Jimmy to take the deal? I think so.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-31, 10:42

Chuck is UM personified.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodeo Burger 2015-03-31, 11:01

The_Dude wrote:Great backstory plotlines with Mike and Jimmy.

Did Hamlin tell Kim when he told her to stay that Chuck is the driving force behind Jimmy not having a seat at the table and that's why Kim tried to convince Jimmy to take the deal? I think so.

I think so. At first, I thought Hamlin just told her that she'd never make partner if she didn't get him to hand over the case. But after Chuck came clean, I think Kim was hoping that Jimmy thought it was her acting under a threat from Hamlin so he wouldn't know his brother sold him out.
Rodeo Burger
Rodeo Burger
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-03-31, 11:07

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Another awesome episode last night. Sad the season is coming to a close.

Poor Jimmy.

Also, someone pointed this out elsewhere. I didn't really pick up on it but then again I'm not really a gamer, and only played the new GTA for a bit. I guess the talkative "protection" guy that Mike put down in the parking garage is the same guy who plays "Trevor" in GTA V. Pretty funny.

As soon as that dude rolled in you knew it was gonna be a good episode.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-31, 11:07

Absolutely he (Howard) did tell her that. She didn't reveal that to Jimmy either to spare his feelings or under threat from Howard. But Jimmy is pretty sharp in his own right. Will be interesting where this goes next.

It's pretty amazing that the writers have made Saul Goodman into a very likable, sympathetic character.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2015-03-31, 11:07

The_Dude wrote:Great backstory plotlines with Mike and Jimmy.

That would be my guess.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-31, 11:46

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Absolutely he (Howard) did tell her that. She didn't reveal that to Jimmy either to spare his feelings or under threat from Howard. But Jimmy is pretty sharp in his own right. Will be interesting where this goes next.

It's pretty amazing that the writers have made Saul Goodman into a very likable, sympathetic character.

Well we all know how Gilligan has remarkable character transformations. Saul still seemed likeable in BB for the most part.

I wonder at what point in the show he starts to transform into Saul.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis of the Cosmos 2015-03-31, 12:42

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Another awesome episode last night. Sad the season is coming to a close.

Poor Jimmy.

You know what was funny about that... When I was watching it I was like "that guys facial expressions look at lot like Trevor." I didn't even really notice the voice until later. Never realized they base those characters after the actual actors
Travis of the Cosmos
Travis of the Cosmos
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-06, 19:05

I had no idea you could buy a Saul doll. I wonder if Blanches last gf has one.

BetterCallSaul@BetterCallSaul 2m2 minutes ago
Lawyer up! Promo code BCS2 gets you 10% off #BetterCallSaul products in the official store: http://bit.ly/BCSStore 
Better Call Saul - Page 2 CakeydjUMAAwyx2
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic 2016-02-06, 22:59

Season 2 on the on the 14th or 15th or some shit
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-06, 23:00

Yeah, can't wait. Watched the S1 Finale the other night again to ground myself.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-07, 02:21

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah, can't wait. Watched the S1 Finale the other night again to ground myself.

I started watching the whole season all over again a couple of days ago now that it's on Netflix. Jimmy should have boned Nancy Kettleman and made Craig watch.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-07, 09:50

Floyd Robertson wrote:
WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:Yeah, can't wait. Watched the S1 Finale the other night again to ground myself.

I started watching the whole season all over again a couple of days ago now that it's on Netflix. Jimmy should have boned Nancy Kettleman and made Craig watch.

This.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-07, 09:57

Watching the first season on Netflix. This show is really good. I don't pick up my phone at all when it's on. That means it must be good.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-15, 18:21

Don't forget to set your DVRs, 10pm tonight.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-15, 18:24

tGreenWay wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

This.

They do a good job of making her look plain on the show.

Better Call Saul - Page 2 0ycZBlhi
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-15, 18:45

Floyd Robertson wrote:Don't forget to set your DVRs, 10pm tonight.

Can I watch it live? I don't have a DVR.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-15, 18:53

Turtleneck wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:Don't forget to set your DVRs, 10pm tonight.

Can I watch it live? I don't have a DVR.

Sure, if you want to stay up that late and can put the commercial breaks to good use.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Turtleneck 2016-02-15, 18:54

I can stay up late. Your 10am is my 10pm. Commercial breaks are Swill time.
Turtleneck
Turtleneck
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove 2016-02-15, 18:55

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

This.

Better Call Saul - Page 2 157357-Julie-Ann-Emery-hot-boobs-Dama-tXZy
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-15, 19:00

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
Floyd Robertson wrote:

Better Call Saul - Page 2 157357-Julie-Ann-Emery-hot-boobs-Dama-tXZy

Much bigger than I imagined What a Face
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-02-15, 19:19

I didn't watch season 1 until just recently when they put it on Netflix because I hadn't finished Breaking Bad until a couple weeks ago (season 5 disappointed me, I thought the season finale of 4 would have worked nicely as a series finale). Loved season 1, stoked for season 2 tonight. Gonna be hard not being able to binge watch it. I've forgotten what it's like to wait a week between episodes, pretty much everything I watch anymore is on Netflix, either originals or old shows I missed out on.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay 2016-02-15, 20:21

Floyd Robertson wrote:
tGreenWay wrote:

This.

My best friend is a criminal defense attorney and says Gilligan nailed her character. Apparently, a lot of the otherwise "fine, upstanding citizens" of communities who face criminal charges don't understand why the state or the judge is being so mean to them, because, in their minds, they're good and decent people and have never been in trouble before--irrespective of the felony charges in front of them at that particular time.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2016-02-15, 20:32

Great show. AMC does it again.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2016-02-15, 22:38

Douchebag Bluetooth guy shows up again. Better Call Saul - Page 2 502811600
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2016-02-15, 23:19

I love it.

Chuck is right. He will always be Slippin' Jimmy.

This is a brilliant character. I like him so much better than anyone in any series in recent history. Amazing that they can do this with a spinoff series, a secondary character that is essentially a prequel to another highly acclaimed series. So fun.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Cameron 2016-02-16, 15:34

WhiteBoyHatcher wrote:
Chuck is right. He will always be Slippin' Jimmy.

Chuck is an asshole, and Chuck was wrong. Slippin' Jimmy was dead and buried until Jimmy found out it was Chuck fucking him over the whole time. Slippin' Jimmy would have kept the 1.6 million without a second thought.
Cameron
Cameron
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield 2016-02-16, 18:51

Great episode. Great character. Cameron is right, it's gonna suck waiting a week for each episode. I'd probably pay $5 or so to be able to watch the whole season in a week.
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson 2016-02-16, 20:46

Good start to season 2. That f'in switch Better Call Saul - Page 2 502811600
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next