Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Better Call Saul

+28
Dr. Strangelove
Death Roe
StylesGShmooth
Blaine Fabin
xsanguine
Tim Wakefield
Cameron
Turtleneck
tGreenWay
Bizarro Fletch
MiamiSpartan
Marc Summers
Rodeo Burger
Travis of the Cosmos
WhiteBoyHatcher
Code_Warrior
CORNER BLITZ
Nordic
Frank Ricard
tTito
Cym Jim
Watch Out Pylon!
HT
Ass Dan
The_Dude
kingstonlake
Floyd Robertson
Other Teams Pursuing That
32 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Better Call Saul - Page 6 Empty Re: Better Call Saul

Post by Frank Ricard Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:34 pm

Another fine show. One more week before the season ends. As of right now, there's no guarantee of a 4th season, so it's theoritically possible that next week is the final.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:30 am

The scenes in the mall repeatedly showed the Pandora store. This is supposed to take place in 2003-ish, but there were no Pandora stores until just a few years ago. This is why it's ratings are plummeting. I don't think I can even watch the finale after a mistake like that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Holy shit, Kim.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:37 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:The scenes in the mall repeatedly showed the Pandora store. This is supposed to take place in 2003-ish, but there were no Pandora stores until just a few years ago. This is why it's ratings are plummeting. I don't think I can even watch the finale after a mistake like that.

I still enjoy it, but beyond Kim and Howard dying and Hector stroking out, I'm starting to wonder about what conclusions can occur that are compelling. I'll still watch.
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:20 pm

SawGreen wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:The scenes in the mall repeatedly showed the Pandora store. This is supposed to take place in 2003-ish, but there were no Pandora stores until just a few years ago. This is why it's ratings are plummeting. I don't think I can even watch the finale after a mistake like that.

I still enjoy it, but beyond Kim and Howard dying and Hector stroking out, I'm starting to wonder about what conclusions can occur that are compelling. I'll still watch.
Oh, I'll still watch. I wasn't serious about a pointless mistake keeping me from watching it. Was just playing off Travis's comment on the last page.

It's one of my favorite shows and I hope it doesn't get cancelled. Critics like it, a lot of fans like it, but ultimately it's ratings are way down this season, so we will see.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:53 pm

MiamiSpartan wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

Oh, I'll still watch. I wasn't serious about a pointless mistake keeping me from watching it. Was just playing off Travis's comment on the last page.

It's one of my favorite shows and I hope it doesn't get cancelled. Critics like it, a lot of fans like it, but ultimately it's ratings are way down this season, so we will see.

I love Fargo because you don't have to invest in more than a season. BCS is a story that already has an ending, so I'm cool with them wrapping it up in another season (I would prefer it).
SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:18 am

SawGreen wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:

I love Fargo because you don't have to invest in more than a season. BCS is a story that already has an ending, so I'm cool with them wrapping it up in another season (I would prefer it).

If the ratings are that low then one more season if probably the right call.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:25 am

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:
SawGreen wrote:

It hasn't been renewed for Season 4 yet though. I think Season 3 ratings are down around 30% from Season 2. On the other hand, I think it's the best rated zombie-free show on AMC. So while I'm a little concerned that it hasn't been renewed yet, I think it would be a huge shock if they cancel it now. AMC owes it to them to let them close out the series, after all the Breaking Bad success. I wouldn't be surprised if the hold up on the renewal is discussions with the showrunners about accelerating the ending into one more season, rather than 2-3 more seasons that they might have had planned.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:27 am

I like the show...but yeah, one more season outta do it.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Floyd Robertson Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:33 am

MiamiSpartan wrote:
Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

It hasn't been renewed for Season 4 yet though.  I think Season 3 ratings are down around 30% from Season 2.  On the other hand, I think it's the best rated zombie-free show on AMC.  So while I'm a little concerned that it hasn't been renewed yet, I think it would be a huge shock if they cancel it now.  AMC owes it to them to let them close out the series, after all the Breaking Bad success.  I wouldn't be surprised if the hold up on the renewal is discussions with the showrunners about accelerating the ending into one more season, rather than 2-3 more seasons that they might have had planned.

No question they'll renew, IMHO.  They've carried "TURN" and "Halt and Catch Fire" into seasons which probably had much lower ratings.
Floyd Robertson
Floyd Robertson
Geronte
Geronte

Location : Rolling Hills Alcoholic Rehabilitation Center: Where They Don't Beat You or Anything

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:24 pm

Floyd Robertson wrote:
MiamiSpartan wrote:
It hasn't been renewed for Season 4 yet though.  I think Season 3 ratings are down around 30% from Season 2.  On the other hand, I think it's the best rated zombie-free show on AMC.  So while I'm a little concerned that it hasn't been renewed yet, I think it would be a huge shock if they cancel it now.  AMC owes it to them to let them close out the series, after all the Breaking Bad success.  I wouldn't be surprised if the hold up on the renewal is discussions with the showrunners about accelerating the ending into one more season, rather than 2-3 more seasons that they might have had planned.

No question they'll renew, IMHO.  They've carried "TURN" and "Halt and Catch Fire" into seasons which probably had much lower ratings.
Right, but I'm sure BCS costs AMC quite a bit more than those shows. Not that there are elaborate sets or CGI, but they probably commanded a higher fee due to the popularity of BB, and the key actors also probably commanded a large fee, as they couldn't just go out and get someone else to play Jimmy, Mike, Gus, etc.

As I said, I think they still have to let them conclude the show, but it's just a question of how many more seasons they're given to do that.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:39 am

Can we get Kim to represent Goose? She'll get him unbanned in a second

Better Call Saul - Page 6 3669899363
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:04 am

I think this is the best show on tv. But it's nearing it's run. If they only do one season, then I'd be fine if it were only like 5 show season, with maybe a 2 hour special for the conclusion.

What I don't understand is the decline of ratings this season. IMO, it's been the best season.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:07 am

Tim Wakefield wrote:Can we get Kim to represent Goose? She'll get him unbanned in a second

Better Call Saul - Page 6 3669899363

If he can get her to do the gig topless, I'd might..... maybe...... perhaps....... see a way to have some wiggleroom for Goose.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 pm

Well that's not gonna be good for resale
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:42 pm

Sounds like Chuck is dead.

Man, really good acting in that one from Chuck, Howard and Jimmy. All one upping each other.

Great play by Howard. Clearly Chuck was taken aback and that was not what he desired. And it will be very interesting to see how this plays out for Howard and his check given Chuck's, um, deteriorating condition.

Chuck gave Jimmy the ultimate fuck you. And he knew it, whether he believed it or not.

Jimmy shows one last slice of Jimmy and humanity before (I suspect) he goes full blown Saul.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:31 am

That was it?

Want to know why the ratings have slumped? Because nothing ever really happens on this show. They have long dialogue-less (albeit with well done cinematography) that advance the plot but oh so slowly.

We have almost an entire episode of Mike looking through binoculars this season. And speaking of Mike where was he last night?

Loved BB and they had their slow episodes (like that one with the fucking fly) but BCS has slow seasons.

Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 am

Yeah I've heard similar complaints from some friends who stopped watching. It's not for everyone. It's not Breaking Bad. I enjoy the character development/transformations and the acting performances have been borderline brilliant. Between Banks, Odenkirk and McKean show should win some emmys.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:33 pm

Not sure how
Dr. Strangelove wrote:That was it?

Want to know why the ratings have slumped? Because nothing ever really happens on this show. They have long dialogue-less (albeit with well done cinematography) that advance the plot but oh so slowly.

We have almost an entire episode of Mike looking through binoculars this season. And speaking of Mike where was he last night?

Loved BB and they had their slow episodes (like that one with the fucking fly) but BCS has slow seasons.

I feel ya. I go back and forth with the show. Overall, thumbs up, I like the slower stuff like WBH. But this season was really pushing he limit, especially after the Chuck was eviscerated on the stand. It really dragged ass after that.

Not sure how I feel about Chuck going up in flames. I've wanted that fucker dead since the first episode. But a) I'm not sure the show can survive without him b) I wanted him to die by doing something dumb (like taking a baseball bat to the electric meter), not him killing himself. I needed justice.

Howard stole that episode. He's been an underrated character throughout. It took a while to flush out if he was a pompous douche or a good guy. Firmly in the later category and he stuck it to Chuck.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:51 pm

I think the only way the show can go on is if it's going to become Jimmy vs. Kim. The dominoes are starting to be set, let's see if they'll fall.

Loved what Howard did, a total "Fuck you, you don't run HHM" to Chuck.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Yes things happened during the finale.

Yes the transformation from Jimmy to Saul should take some time but 3 plus seasons? Come on man.

We are 5 years out from meeting Walt and he’s still not Saul.

They’ve put so much into this process of the becoming and it is making the show drag. I’m in no hurry to meet Walt but there are infinite Saul stories to be told before that.

I really didn’t need the fan service of how Hector got in a wheelchair. Give me more squat cobblers instead please.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:44 pm

Nordic wrote:Not sure how
Dr. Strangelove wrote:That was it?

I feel ya. I go back and forth with the show. Overall, thumbs up, I like the slower stuff like WBH. But this season was really pushing he limit, especially after the Chuck was eviscerated on the stand. It really dragged ass after that.

Not sure how I feel about Chuck going up in flames. I've wanted that fucker dead since the first episode. But a) I'm not sure the show can survive without him b) I wanted him to die by doing something dumb (like taking a baseball bat to the electric meter), not him killing himself. I needed justice.

Howard stole that episode. He's been an underrated character throughout. It took a while to flush out if he was a pompous douche or a good guy. Firmly in the later category and he stuck it to Chuck.
I wouldn't say that he's firmly in the latter category. He's pretty solidly in both. He's still a pompous douche, but sometimes he's a good guy. He's pompous and arrogant, but doesn't do things out of malicious intent.

I don't mind the slowness either. I'm still entertained because the characters are so good. But with the season only lasting 8 episodes, the slow periods take up a big chunk of the air time, so I understand the criticisms.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank Ricard Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:57 am

I'm fine with the pace of the show up to this point.  But next season should be the last.

I'm really not going to be interested in further episodes once he opens his law practice in a strip mall with an inflatable Liberty statue.  Maybe have an episode on how Jesse and Saul meet. Once they get to that point, the need to fast forward to the Gene in Omaha character to wrap up the series.

Another way of looking at it is once Kim leaves Jimmy, he's going to be all out Saul at that point.  I do wonder if they really have 10 episodes next season that make sense at that point without dragging on too slowly even for my tastes.  I wonder if they'll consider having a shorter last season.   Something like 4 episodes with a 2 hour finale.
Frank Ricard
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim Wakefield Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:02 pm

I want to see this show end on like episode 3 of next season. Completely unannounced. Just power through the main plot points that BB fans want to see and end it there. Would be better than dragging it out for a full season
Tim Wakefield
Tim Wakefield
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 pm

http://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/television/2017/07/13/here-full-list-major-emmy-nominees/t9ihZcE4GUEYzshsTNjCbJ/story.html?p1=Article_Related_Box_Article

BCS among those nominated for best drama

Odenkirk nominated for best actor in a drama series

Banks nominated for best supporting actor in a drama series

Somehow McKean did not get nominated for best supporting actor. Not sure of the rules, maybe they can only have one nomination per show? Tough to make a call between Banks and McKean. Last season I would have gone with Banks, this year McKean.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:12 pm

Yeah he totally got robbed. So did Justin Theroux.
Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:01 am

Mother fucking Mike. Just was E2-4, and Mike just keeps getting better and better.

"If you're gonna make a move on me, you better make it"
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by MiamiSpartan Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:50 am

Nordic wrote:Mother fucking Mike. Just was E2-4, and Mike just keeps getting better and better.

"If you're gonna make a move on me, you better make it"
That was just a great scene. Gus seems taken aback (though probably quite impressed) by someone that is not afraid of him, doesn't seem to give a fuck, and has an incredibly astute read of the situation.
MiamiSpartan
MiamiSpartan
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Death Roe Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:53 am

I love Mike so much. That scene with the phony dude at therapy was gold.

Fucking Walt, man... still pisses me off.

Death Roe
Death Roe
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:00 pm

Mike is the best. Odenkirk is awesome in his own right but Mike makes the show.
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:01 pm

Death Roe wrote:I love Mike so much. That scene with the phony dude at therapy was gold.

Fucking Walt, man... still pisses me off.

Of all the unrealistic moments in BB, Walt getting a jump on Mike is tops. That was Rolling Eyes
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:00 pm

The parking garage scene was excellent and all the Jimmy / Kim stuff was good.

Lolo was fun. Finally something compelling in the Gus storyline but i didn't need the fan service with the bell.

Fucking hated the Germans and the superlab shit. That laser range finder can burn out a camera fine. But it doesn't freeze the damn image. Also Mike put a sally port, 8 million cameras, bugs and armed guards but roof access and escape via 2 padlocked doors is all you need?

Also I assume the Germans are being paid half in advance and remainder on delivery. Yet they escape into the desert with no money, phones, or identification. Wtf kind of plan is that? You can't even pick up Western Union without ID.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:03 pm

Really enjoying this season. I’d also really like to see Kim naked.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte
Swill Pick 'em 2022 Regular Season Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Nordic Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:55 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:The parking garage scene was excellent and all the Jimmy / Kim stuff was good.

Lolo was fun. Finally something compelling in the Gus storyline but i didn't need the fan service with the bell.

Fucking hated the Germans and the superlab shit. That laser range finder can burn out a camera fine. But it doesn't freeze the damn image. Also Mike put a sally port, 8 million cameras, bugs and armed guards but roof access and escape via 2 padlocked doors is all you need?

Also I assume the Germans are being paid half in advance and remainder on delivery. Yet they escape into the desert with no money, phones, or identification. Wtf kind of plan is that? You can't even pick up Western Union without ID.

Yeah the master locks on the fire escape was weak. He's got to know that Mike will track him down and Gus will likely kill him, even if he comes back. That seed was firmly planted. This is also not his first job and not the first time he's been away from home for a long time. His fraulein must be something. Gotta be more to that story, right? I''ve had it in the back of my mind that Lydia was going to get knocked up by one the Germans.

Love Lalo.
Nordic
Nordic
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:26 pm

Nordic wrote:
Dr. Strangelove wrote:The parking garage scene was excellent and all the Jimmy / Kim stuff was good.

Yeah the master locks on the fire escape was weak. He's got to know that Mike will track him down and Gus will likely kill him, even if he comes back. That seed was firmly planted. This is also not his first job and not the first time he's been away from home for a long time. His fraulein must be something. Gotta be more to that story, right? I''ve had it in the back of my mind that Lydia was going to get knocked up by one the Germans.

Love Lalo.

You’re right on the cusp of writing fan fiction.
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:29 am

I’ve pretty much disliked this season. While the lab is somewhat interesting, I want more of the overall story. And the most that’s happened was this episode which I liked. It’s been too slow, with nothing substantial moving forward. 

What rang true was last weeks episode. Hubby sees Jimmy on the bus and says... watch this is 10 minuets of him on a bus. He was right . It’s always been like that, but it’s worse this season and I’m annoyed.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by tGreenWay Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:56 am

Dendrobates wrote:I’ve pretty much disliked this season. While the lab is somewhat interesting, I want more of the overall story. And the most that’s happened was this episode which I liked. It’s been too slow, with nothing substantial moving forward. 

What rang true was last weeks episode. Hubby sees Jimmy on the bus and says... watch this is 10 minuets of him on a bus. He was right . It’s always been like that, but it’s worse this season and I’m annoyed.

Better Call Saul - Page 6 502811600
tGreenWay
tGreenWay
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendrobates Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:05 pm

tGreenWay wrote:
Dendrobates wrote:I’ve pretty much disliked this season. While the lab is somewhat interesting, I want more of the overall story. And the most that’s happened was this episode which I liked. It’s been too slow, with nothing substantial moving forward. 

Better Call Saul - Page 6 502811600
What?! You like them not getting anywhere to the story except in the last 2 episodes? Razz

Btw... anyone else think it’s not plausible that he bar would deny Jimmy’s reinstatement? He checked all the boxes, and took on a very humbling job. Just because of not mentioning his brother? I don’t buy that.
Dendrobates
Dendrobates
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by SawGreen Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:49 pm

It's a good show, and I watch it...but honestly, Todd's ring tones had more depth than most episodes of this show.

SawGreen
SawGreen
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Strangelove Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:04 pm

Season finale was tonight.

Got a feeling next season will be the last one. Ratings have fallen every year as they've stretched it out and he's finally Saul.
Dr. Strangelove
Dr. Strangelove
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next