Spartan Swill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking"

+16
SeeRockCity
Herbie Green
HT
Marc Summers
Cym Jim
Nordic
The_Dude
Tim Wakefield
WhiteBoyHatcher
Turtleneck
tTy
Watch Out Pylon!
NigelUno
Robert J Sakimano
AMwood
Blanch32
20 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking" - Page 2 Empty Re: Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking"

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 08:37

Marc Summers wrote:

There are certainly exceptions, but the vast majority of people are exactly how I've described. You are actually part of the rare group who has moved here from elsewhere with new ideas. If there were more like you, this place would vastly improve.

Despite your opinion, that's what makes charlotte so great.... Truly a city of transplants from the north and south.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking" - Page 2 Empty Re: Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking"

Post by AMwood 2015-03-17, 08:39

Blanch32 wrote:

exactly. Michigan thinks diversity is if people from all sides of metro Detroit get together. Michigan, Like the Midwest, lacks perspective. And all I have to do is point out all the joblesses and population drops to prove it.

thank goodness you chimed in with your brilliance. i'm sure it has nothing to do with the changing structure of the u.s automotive industry from fat and bloated and everybody getting over paid business, to leaner and union free and more competitive model with competition.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 08:42

SpartanHT wrote:

Out of curiosity...what do people do in places like NYC that are exactly different from that path?

It doesn't matter where you live, people are going to get a job and work 40 hours a week in the vast majority of places, because they want to be able to afford a decent standard of living. Getting married and having kids is variable, but I think ultimately, the majority of people settle into a routine of a 40 hour work week unless you have an atypical job, regardless of location.

....they don't rely on some corporation to work 40 hr weeks on first shift. That's the main thing. Not to say I'm a NYC fan by any means. Not my spot at all.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 08:43

AMwood wrote:

thank goodness you chimed in with your brilliance. i'm sure it has nothing to do with the changing structure of the u.s automotive industry from fat and bloated and everybody getting over paid business, to leaner and union free and more competitive model with competition.

That's the very definition of basic thinking all around FYI
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-17, 08:44

Blanch32 wrote:

Despite your opinion, that's what makes charlotte so great.... Truly a city of transplants from the north and south.

I'll agree with you there. Didn't seem to be much of a local vibe. However, you want a city to have some of it's own local culture that people can adopt upon arrival.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-03-17, 08:45

Blanch32 wrote:

....they don't rely on some corporation to work 40 hr weeks on first shift. That's the main thing. Not to say I'm a NYC fan by any means. Not my spot at all.

you should write a book and title it "aspiring to reach middle management without any real knowledge or good decision making skills"
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-17, 08:47

Blanch32 wrote:

Hanging on every word of a celebrity. You a lib, bro?
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-03-17, 08:47

Blanch32 wrote:

i stand corrected. i'm sure your accomplishments in life are equally as impressive as your posts on this board.
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-17, 08:50

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

next up, he's going to tell us why Rosie O'Donnell or some other random person is correct relative to childhood vaccinations.

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-17, 08:53

AMwood wrote:

you should write a book and title it "aspiring to reach middle management without any real knowledge or good decision making skills"

See, the funny thing is that you cannot even fathom a world without the corporate structure as a way to earn money. This is symptomatic of the fact that nobody moves into the Midwest.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Watch Out Pylon! 2015-03-17, 08:55

Blanch32 wrote:

Wait a minute, you've been shitting on Michigan for years and you live in Charlotte, NC? I've spent time in Charlotte. The whole city is like a giant Wal-Mart. It is a dead end town with nothing to do. If you want to pay extra for living and still have that rural Mississippi feel (read: racist as shit), Charlotte is the city for you.
Watch Out Pylon!
Watch Out Pylon!
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by AMwood 2015-03-17, 08:55

Marc Summers wrote:

See, the funny thing is that you cannot even fathom a world without the corporate structure as a way to earn money. This is symptomatic of the fact that nobody moves into the Midwest.

projection is one hell of a drug. did a team leader fuck your girlfriend?
AMwood
AMwood
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 08:55

Marc Summers wrote:

I'll agree with you there. Didn't seem to be much of a local vibe. However, you want a city to have some of it's own local culture that people can adopt upon arrival.

Why? All I really want is Midwest south with hotties. That too much to ask for? Fwiw, charlotte is east coast south.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 08:56

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

I do when it gets everyone's panties in an uproar
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 08:57

AMwood wrote:

i stand corrected. i'm sure your accomplishments in life are equally as impressive as your posts on this board.

You don't reach premium status via basic thinking
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-03-17, 08:57

Cool - They don't have corporations in Charlotte. I think I will move there.
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by SeeRockCity 2015-03-17, 08:58

AMwood wrote:
Marc Summers wrote:

Thing about Marc Summers is...:
SeeRockCity
SeeRockCity
Ephor (Board Steward)
Ephor (Board Steward)

https://spartanswill.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 08:58

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Wait a minute, you've been shitting on Michigan for years and you live in Charlotte, NC? I've spent time in Charlotte. The whole city is like a giant Wal-Mart. It is a dead end town with nothing to do. If you want to pay extra for living and still have that rural Mississippi feel (read: racist as shit), Charlotte is the city for you.

Define "considerable" time as well as the decade
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 09:01

Herbie Green wrote:Cool - They don't have corporations in Charlotte. I think I will move there.

That's actually Asheville nc. Plenty of basic thinking here as well but far more diverse ideas. Think of it this way: Rcmb = Mi. Swill = charlotte
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-17, 09:04

Watch Out Pylon! wrote:

Regardless of her celebrity status, Madonna shares a similar upbringing to most of the people on this site. And the fact that she decided to send her daughter to Michigan for college says that she places a great deal of value on this upbringing.

The thing is, the Midwest is a great springboard to success. But it's a horrible place to actually try and find success. The culture of the Midwest squashes innovation and tends to ostracize forward thinking individuals. This is why it's incredibly bright to use the superior work ethic and discipline learned in the Midwest, and move elsewhere to actually achieve.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-17, 09:07

Blanch32 wrote:

That's actually Asheville
Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking" - Page 2 3003718628
Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 09:13

Marc Summers wrote:

Regardless of her celebrity status, Madonna shares a similar upbringing to most of the people on this site. And the fact that she decided to send her daughter to Michigan for college says that she places a great deal of value on this upbringing.

The thing is, the Midwest is a great springboard to success. But it's a horrible place to actually try and find success. The culture of the Midwest squashes innovation and tends to ostracize forward thinking individuals. This is why it's incredibly bright to use the superior work ethic and discipline learned in the Midwest, and move elsewhere to actually achieve.

Boom. Great place to raise a family.... And die. Great hospitals
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 09:16

Let me put it this way. If Mi truly value innovate thought and diversity, we would have more than 6 posters on this board a year After our breakout.
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Herbie Green 2015-03-17, 09:16

TripAdvisor's top things to do in Charlotte, NC:

1. The Billy Graham Library
2. The NASCAR Hall of Fame

And here the first thing that would have come to my mind was "banking"
Herbie Green
Herbie Green
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 09:17

Herbie Green wrote:TripAdvisor's top things to do in Charlotte, NC:

1. The Billy Graham Library
2. The NASCAR Hall of Fame

And here the first thing that would have come to my mind was "banking"

Neither of which will be on the blanchfest agenda. While I've been to a race and tailgated for Another, I have not visited either in the 4 years I've been here....that's for the locals
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-17, 09:29

AMwood wrote:

Girlfriend? No. I'm strictly on a diet of ONS. These Midwest girls are good for nothing other than a pump and dump.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-17, 11:22

Marc Summers wrote:

There are certainly exceptions, but the vast majority of people are exactly how I've described. You are actually part of the rare group who has moved here from elsewhere with new ideas. If there were more like you, this place would vastly improve.

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking" - Page 2 502811600

Detroit has been booming with new businesses and entrepreneurs the past few years. Its actually really exciting.

I personally know two good looking well educated females that moved back to MI after living in Atlanta and Chicago for about 3-4 years. Both are innovative with good jobs. I just met a couple the other day who moved to Detroit from Florida for jobs.

You brag about the South, yet are going to try and stereotype people from the Midwest as getting married and having kids before 30? People commit suicide if they aren't in a stale marriage by the time they are 25 in the South.

If you didn't care about the Midwest you wouldn't bash it every chance you can. There's a reason you do it--you are unhappy with your current lot in life and are trying to feel better by tearing others down. Common antic.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-17, 11:23

Blanch32 wrote:Let me put it this way. If Mi truly value innovate thought and diversity, we would have more than 6 posters on this board a year After our breakout.

Metro Detroit is actually incredibly diverse. I'd go through the history to tell you why but I bet you can figure it out.
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-17, 11:29

Madonna hasn't been hot since like a prayer.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-17, 11:32

This image isn't big enough...

Madonna thinks youre "basic thinking" - Page 2 Tumblr_mqgrt1ZhUf1qlycwjo1_1280
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-17, 11:58

this is a very thought-provoking thread.. I wonder what Cher thinks of Michigan?

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteBoyHatcher 2015-03-17, 12:05

What do you think Madonna thinks about camo shorts
WhiteBoyHatcher
WhiteBoyHatcher
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by HT 2015-03-17, 12:21

Marc Summers wrote:

I was born and raised in the Northeast, but I have to say, based on going to school in the Midwest and having lots of friends that are still there...I think the attitude in the Midwest is a hell of a lot better than what you'll see on the West Coast or the South.

Sure, I guess it's not as "innovative," but I think the more genuine and down-to-earth attitude you see in the Midwest make it a much more desirable place to live than some of these "innovative" places.

Also, what the hell is "innovative" supposed to mean in this argument anyways? I feel like people who use the term "innovative" and "worldly" in their arguments about what makes where they live better, are just using it to make themselves sound better because they're insecure about something and are grasping for a way to come off as superior so they can feel better about themselves.
HT
HT
Spartiate

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-17, 12:31

The_Dude wrote:

Detroit has been booming with new businesses and entrepreneurs the past few years.  Its actually really exciting.

I personally know two good looking well educated females that moved back to MI after living in Atlanta and Chicago for about 3-4 years.  Both are innovative with good jobs.  I just met a couple the other day who moved to Detroit from Florida for jobs.  

You brag about the South, yet are going to try and stereotype people from the Midwest as getting married and having kids before 30? People commit suicide if they aren't in a stale marriage by the time they are 25 in the South.

If you didn't care about the Midwest you wouldn't bash it every chance you can.  There's a reason you do it--you are unhappy with your current lot in life and are trying to feel better by tearing others down.  Common antic.

I spend a ton of time in Detroit and know better than you about its economy. It is getting better, but in no way is it a desirable place to live for people who have lived elsewhere. And I've never lived in the South, and don't believe I've ever sung its praises. Still though, it does have good weather and cheap cost of living and a very business-friendly atmosphere, and those alone make it better than the Midwest.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Rocinante 2015-03-17, 12:40

I love it when people who have never accomplished anything in life talk about economics.
Rocinante
Rocinante
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Marc Summers 2015-03-17, 12:44

SpartanHT wrote:

I was born and raised in the Northeast, but I have to say, based on going to school in the Midwest and having lots of friends that are still there...I think the attitude in the Midwest is a hell of a lot better than what you'll see on the West Coast or the South.

Sure, I guess it's not as "innovative," but I think the more genuine and down-to-earth attitude you see in the Midwest make it a much more desirable place to live than some of these "innovative" places.

Also, what the hell is "innovative" supposed to mean in this argument anyways? I feel like people who use the term "innovative" and "worldly" in their arguments about what makes where they live better, are just using it to make themselves sound better because they're insecure about something and are grasping for a way to come off as superior so they can feel better about themselves.

The Midwest is a desirable place to live for a 40-something $70k per year middle manager with kids in elementary school who pretty much knows how the rest of his life will play out.

It's not a desirable place for a 22-35 year old guy with an innovative spirit looking for people to support him in turning great ideas into million dollar ideas. The 22-35 year old will be shouted down and told that his best course of action is to beg for one of these soul crushing $60k per year jobs and be thankful one of these Midwest females who continue to get uglier and fatter by the day is willing to date him and further prevent him from reaching his potential.
Marc Summers
Marc Summers
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Dude 2015-03-17, 12:51

http://www.vox.com/2014/9/15/6111911/41-maps-and-charts-that-explain-the-midwest

Yeah, no money to be made in the MidWest. Rolling Eyes

"Aside from being physically big, the Midwest has a formidably sized economy. If it were its own country, it would have the sixth-largest economy in the world, behind the USA, China, Japan, Germany, and Russia, if you adjust other nations' GDPs for purchasing power parity."
The_Dude
The_Dude
Pet Troll
Pet Troll

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert J Sakimano 2015-03-17, 12:53

I still think it's kind of funny that the OP takes his social, cultural and economic cues from a 50+ year old washed up pop star..

Robert J Sakimano
Robert J Sakimano
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 13:15

The_Dude wrote:

Detroit has been booming with new businesses and entrepreneurs the past few years. Its actually really exciting.

I personally know two good looking well educated females that moved back to MI after living in Atlanta and Chicago for about 3-4 years. Both are innovative with good jobs. I just met a couple the other day who moved to Detroit from Florida for jobs.

If you didn't care about the Midwest you wouldn't bash it every chance you can. There's a reason you do it--you are unhappy with your current lot in life and are trying to feel better by tearing others down. Common antic.

2 females??? Seriously??? Pics or it didn't happen!

And I can bash the Midwest BC I spent 25 years there. Meanwhile you can't talk intelligently about the south
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Blanch32 2015-03-17, 13:18

The_Dude wrote:

Metro Detroit is actually incredibly diverse. I'd go through the history to tell you why but I bet you can figure it out.

Not in thought.... Where it truly matters. Hell, the Muslims live practicality next door to the Jews up there, so there's your roadmap for peace: think the exact same way
Blanch32
Blanch32
Geronte
Geronte

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next